Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hm... Should we remove the "Initiate" rank to speed things up?

Remove it entirely (Rank never existed.) 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 2 ]
Time Skip it (Skip training to Rookie rank) 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 6 ]
Abridge it (RP a single day of training) 0.5 50.0% [ 9 ]
Play it out! (RP every moment of their basic training) 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

Demonic Hellraiser

cнιнαʏα ɢυsнικеɳ
具志堅 千早

Chihaya's eyes fluttered open, sensing that it was light out, meaning it was morning already. He was always kind of a picky sleeper and any source of light, even the tiniest bit was usually enough to wake him up. Or perhaps it was just his body's internal clock. Yes, that was most likely it seeing as sleeping in was never something his parents let him do, even as a child. The young man's sleepy eyes stared at the ceiling. They wandered over to his bedroom door as he listened for any sort of noise. All was quiet in the house, meaning he was probably the first one up, as usual. "Today is the day."

Chihaya pulled himself out of bed in order to prepare for the day ahead of him by going through his regular morning routine; shower, breakfast, meditation. Unfortunately his meditation was broken earlier than anticipated as he sat outside by an argument he could hear coming from indoors. By the sound of it, Chihaya's older brother Masato had probably decided to finally tell their father that he was planning on leaving on a long term job as a Battle Scholar. Chihaya was aware of his older brother's plans before, he just wasn't sure when he was leaving. He could hear his father's voice getting louder, along with foot steps that were getting louder, meaning the two were definitely coming his way.

The door slid open. "Chihaya, you knew about this?! Why didn't you talk some sense into your brother?"

Chihaya let out a small sigh before standing himself up. "Father please, you knew Masato was bound to leave soon after he graduated."

"But halfway across the world?!" The arguing continued on for only a short while until the three of them found themselves at the dinner table. Since he already ate, Chihaya merely sat there helping his 4 year-old brother Minori stay clean while he and the others finished their breakfast.

"Masato, you know I highly disapprove of your decision to travel off so far away."

"Yes, Father, I knowww," Masato rolled his eyes.

"But Masato, I worry!"

"It's okay Father, Masato is more than capable of taking care of himself."

"Yeah, you see? After all, I am a licensed Battle Scholar. They didn't let me graduate for nothing," Masato smirked.

"Chihaya, I suppose today is a big day for you as well?"

"Oh that's right, don't the open exams for Kaguya Academy start today?"

"That's correct."

"Aww, you're going buh-bye too big brother?" Minori asked with a frown on his face.

"No, no, Minori. I'll be nearby, I just might not spend the night here anymore." Chihaya reached over to gently wipe the kid's chin of crumbs before patting his head.

Finally the small family found themselves at their home's door step. Their dad let out a sigh. "Masato, you stay in touch no matter what, okay?"

"Yes, of course Father."

"And Chihaya, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Masato when he applied to Kaguya Academy. You know the clan disapproves of the lifestyle a Battle Scholar leads, but as your father I will support you no matter what path you decide to take."

"Thank you Father," he said quietly with a small, respectful bow.

"Alright, c'mere. Bring it in."

Minori giggled as their dad forced them into a big group hug.

"Okay, I love you two, off you go."

"Love you too, Dad."

"Bring me back lots of toys, Masato!" Minori called out as Masato and Chihaya walked off.

"I will! Don't worry!"

The two older brothers parted ways after a short walk and Chihaya set course towards Kaguya Academy, but he decided to make a quick detour. He found himself at his mother's grave with a flower in hand, it was a red chrysanthemum, his mother's favorite. He gently placed it in front of her tombstone before setting off.

As he came ever closer to reaching his destination, he realized that the trains were going to be running almost non-stop today. It was that time of year that he dreaded because there was just way too many people, mostly applicants aspiring to become Battle Scholars. Normally Chihaya might complain but he had no room to talk this year as he himself would be joining the crowd of applicants. Luckily for him, being an early bird all his life seemed like it was going to pay off today as the streets weren't completely filled just yet, but then... the vendors.

Chihaya always felt bad passing up street vendors, and he was always such a sucker for even the cheesiest sales pitches, and these weren't even for cutting edge technology or anything of that sort, no, no, no, it was for junk food. Today, Chihaya would triumph over the street vendors no matter how nice they were, he didn't want to wind up getting to the academy late. He managed to pass most of the vendors up with a simple, respectful nod, but one vendor caught his eye. A little old lady who wasn't calling out and trying to attract customers, she merely stood behind a medium sized, simply decorated cart. But what was she selling? Pastries. Chocolate pastries. Chihaya's heart practically skipped a beat as he gave in to temptation and made his way to the old lady's cart.

"Well hello there young man. Care for some freshly baked goods? I made them myself."

"Only a fool would pass this opportunity up," Chihaya was practically drooling as he picked up a small chocolate muffin.

"I've also just brewed some fresh coffee, would you care for a cup?"

"I would be delighted."

天体 兵士が 戦場に 飾っ

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Quotable Poster

Camory
User Image
The White Shadow
Where: Street Vendors / With: Chihaya / Feeling: Hungry and Embarassed

In the midst of the Battle Scholar applications, the entire village of Taiyo was bustling with excitement and anticipation. The large academy was surrounded by massive crowds of people, all waiting to see the newest batch of initiates, those who would bring the world into a bright, shinning future! Suddenly a hush fell over the crowd, as the doors of Kaguya Academy where flung wide open. Everyone stood with bated breath, watching to door way with unblinking eyes. Slowly a lone figure stepped out onto the front steps of the illustrious academy, a young man with hair as white as snow and eyes like twinkling amethysts. He held a small piece of paper in his hand, as he walked down the steps he rose his head up, a beaming smile on his face, as he revealed the words "ACCEPTED" stamped on the paper in big bold letters.

The crowd proceeded to go nuts with applauds and rockus cheering, and suddenly more students began filing out behind the boy, all equally beaming. The white haired boy, Camory, smiled warmly at the crowd, and opened his mouth to speak, "everything is great...everything grand...I got the whole wide world in the palm of my hand!" he sung, as he and the entire crowd of students broke out into an elaborate song and dance number, all of the students, and eventually the entire crowd joining in. It was a truly spontaneous and joyous moment, and it all seemed to magnificent to be real.

"mmrrmmm...when there's someone...by your side....to sing..." Camory murmured softly in his sleep, face planted firmly in his pillow as he dreamed about being accepted into Kaguya Academy.
"Camory! Get up for breakfast!" A woman's voice called out, causing him to snap back to consciousness. "waah!" he yelped as he fumbled about under the covers, poking his head out with a perplexed look on his face. "breakfast?" he muttered, glancing around. Usually HE was the one who got up to make breakfast, so it was odd for someone else to be doing it...unless. Camory looked over at his clock and his eyes widened with shock and terror "Oh no! I'm going to be late!" he shouted, jumping up and hastily throwing his clothes on before racing down stairs into the main hall. There waiting for him was Elena Summerland one of the guild's head Battle Scholars, and the closest thing Camory had ever had to a real mother. As he tried to rush past Elena caught him around the shoulders and spun him around to her "good morning Camory, and why are you in such a rush? Come on sit down, I figured since it's your big day and all I'd go ahead and make you breakfast for a change" she said with a motherly smile that betrayed the battle hardened appearance of the rest of her body, especially the missing leg that had been replaced by an advanced prosthetic, a result of a particularly nasty Balhir spawn. "Breakfast? Sorry Elena but there's no time! If I don't go now I'll be late and miss the first trial!" Camory said as he dropped out of the woman's grasp and raced off out of the guild hall, snatching up his coat on the way out. "Late? What is that boy talking about? I made sure to get up extra early just so he'd have time to eat breakfast with everyone..." Elena muttered to herself, raising a brow in confusion. "oh that" another guild member said as he walked into the room "Last night I set Camory's clock forward a few hours. I figured that way he'd end up getting there ahead of the crowd, plus it'd set an extra fire under his a** if he thought he was late" he said with a chuckle, half trying to give him a boost, half just screwing around with the poor boy, though for his efforts he was awarded with a hard smack with the spatula Elena was holding "Idiot..." She muttered with a sigh, realizing it was too late to try to get Camory back now, the boy was probably halfway to the school already.

Camory rushed down the street faster than his legs had ever carried him before. "this is bad! this is really bad! what'll I do if I don't get in because I'm late? I'll never be able to face the others again" he thought. Though as he looked down at the coat flapping in his arms he smiled a bit, at least he knew he had his good luck charm with him. As he ran the boy quickly threw on the thick brown wool coat, which was much to hot for the warm spring weather, but Camory didn't care. After all this was his greatest treasure, his shimmering armor that would protect him from misfortune, the coat was just as much a part of him as he arms and legs, and with it on he could feel his panic slowly turning into unwavering confidence. "alright! no worries. If I'm late so what? It means I'll just have to ace the trials that much faster, no problem at all" he said himself with a defiant nod of his head. He was ready for this, no he was more than ready, he was born for this. Ever since he was a child he grew up in the Battle Scholars guild hall, it was where he was meant to be, it was what he was meant to do.

As he ran down the street the boy gave quick hellos and good mornings to all the familiar locals he passed by, who all seemed to question his hurry just as Elena had, though it never once crossed his mind that he might have been tricked into thinking it was later than it was. Though he did find it kinda odd that the streets around Kaguya Academy weren't as crowded as they should be. After all at this point the streets should be absolutely packed with bodies...but the crowd was significantly smaller, mostly locals and street vendors. Speaking of which as soon as all the smells of the vendors hit his nose Camory's hunger hit him like a punch to the gut. His stomach began grumbling and his mouth began to water uncontrollably. "well...maybe breakfast isn't such a bad idea after all..." he trailed off as he began hastily making the rounds from shop to shop. "oh wow these dumplings are amazing!...Ofcourse I'll take some meat buns Ms. Kanami....oh man I figured you'd be sold out of these croquettes by now Mrs. Gosho...everyone knows your roasted pork is the best Mr. Inowa....what are these? fried cheese? yes please!" Soon Camory was walking down the street with a stick of dumplings hanging from his mouth and an arm full of various fried, steamed, and roasted treats. Perhaps he had gone a bit over board, but his hunger had guided him from stall to stall like a heat sinking missle. "Don't worry Mr. Ijima! I'll make sure to come back for some Takoyaki after I finish the exams!" Camory called out with a wave to another one of the street vendors, carelessly walking backwards as he did so, but figuring it was probably fine.

It turned out not to be so fine, when he found himself backing up straight into someone, tripping over his heels, and barely managing to keep himself up straight, though at the cost of dropping all of his food to the ground. "no!" Camory shouted as the food all seemed to fall in slow motion. When it collided with the dirty ground he felt his heart sink, and suddenly bitter visions of him enjoying every single item flashed through his minds, cruel imaginings of things that would now never be. Camory stood there in shock for a moment, dumpling stick hanging limply from his mouth, though as he came to he quickly bit down tight on the stick, not willing to loose the last two dumplings, as they where the only things he had left. It was then that Camory remembered that he had bumped into someone, and his face went red when he realized he had just stood there gawking at his fallen food the whole time instead of apologizing. Camory quickly spun around and gave the person an apologetic bow of his head. "I'm so sorry sir...er...ma'am...I mean..." he bumbled out as he looked at the person he had collided with. The suit immediately made him think it was a guy, but as he took in the long hair and the beautiful face he realized she was actually a girl instead...right? Actually now that he took a moment to look at them, which for Chihaya would seem like he was just awkwardly staring at him, Camory couldn't really tell one way or the other. However the longer he looked, the more familiar the person seemed to be...wait...weren't they part of the Gushiken family? One of the brothers right? So he was a boy then...wasn't it Chi something? Chi.....Chi..."Chihaya!" Camory said out loud, blushing as he realized he did so and chuckling nervously "I mean, you're Chihaya Gushiken right? Sorry for bumping into you like..." he said, scratching the back of his head, still chuckling nervously, stick of dumplings still hanging from his mouth.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Cayito

Demonic Hellraiser

cнιнαʏα ɢυsнικеɳ
具志堅 千早

The kind old woman poured a cup of coffee and gently handed it to Chihaya. He took a small sip and looked up just as he felt someone bump into him. "Oh?" he let out. His body shifted slightly but he made sure not to spill his coffee, things didn't look like they turned out so well for the other guy though.

Chihaya looked on with a mildly concerned look on his face as the boy managed to scatter a good amount of food all across the ground. Chihaya's brown eyes focused on the stranger as he wondered what he'd do next. As the white-haired boy turned around to apologize, Chihaya got a good look at him and realized it was a familiar face.

"I'm so sorry sir... er... ma'am... I mean..."

The pretty boy tilted his head with a confused look in his eyes. "It's uh -- quite alright," Chihaya replied with a small smile, accepting the kid's apology despite his stumbling words, but once again a confused look found itself on Chihaya's face with raised eyebrows as the stranger seemed to be staring blankly at him. "Are you okay?" he asked courteously.

"Chihaya! I mean, you're Chihaya Gushiken right? Sorry for bumping into you like..."

Chihaya let out a small chuckle. "Yes, that's correct," he said softly in response to the boy's question. "No worries though. It's a shame that all that food would go to waste, but I'm sure the birds appreciate it," he said, trying to make light of the situation as a couple of crows quickly landed nearby to pick at the food.

As Chihaya's brain kept ticking he finally remembered where he recognized the boy's familiar face from. "He's a part of that guild with that Miss Elena Summerland," he realized.

"I'm sorry, I know I've seen your face around but I don't believe I've ever gotten your name."

天体 兵士が 戦場に 飾っ

Quotable Poster

Camory
User Image
The White Shadow
Where: Street Vendors / With: Chihaya / Feeling: Inferior, anxious

Camory let out a small sigh of relief and smiled a bit as the boy accepted his apology. Though he seemed put off by the look Camory was giving him, not that he could really help it. Hearing confirmation that he was indeed the person he was thinking of Camory gave a quick bow of his head. "sorry again for bumping into you, I wasn't looking where I was going...and...uh...sorry for calling you a girl too I guess..." he said, still a bit embarrassed about that.

Camory whipped his head around when Chihaya mentioned birds, only to be greeted by the sight of crows pecking up his fallen breakfast. Camory felt like he wanted to cry, the injustice of it all, not only did he loose all the food, now he had to sit by and watch a bunch of birds eat up the scraps. "this world is a cruel place" he muttered, almost comical how worked up he seemed to be.

He snapped out of his slump however, when Chihaya spoke up again and inquired for his name. "my name? oh...It's Camory...eh...just Camory" he said explaining he only had a first name, figuring he might find it disrespectful if he didn't give his full name since he came from a fancy family and everything. As he thought about that he looked the other boy up and down, and on the surface they seemed to be total opposites. From the mundane things like Camory having short white hair while Chi had long black hair, to Chihayas fancy clothes in comparison to Camory's patched up, 16 year old coat, to the fact Chihaya came from a prestigious family lineage...were Camory had no lineage to speak of, not even a name. It was like the boy was everything Camory wasn't, and he couldn't help but wonder what it was like. However before he could take time to reflect on the difference of their stations the matter of the trials popped back into Camory's head. "oh crap that's right! I'm sorry but I gotta go. I'm already late for the trials I can't just hang around moping over spilled junk food" he said, bowing his head one last time before running off towards the school gate, still thinking he was late for the exams.

Cayito

Enduring Explorer

User ImageUser Image...User ImageUser Image
The Superstitious Delivery Boy
Active ...Job: The Entrance Exam

╔══════════════════
                                              Will you get inside my head
                                              And erase me when I'm dead
                                              Cause the future is now
                                              Now I'm disappearing
                                              ╠══════════════════

User Image

Everything was set. Not only had he bought new shoes with little difficulty, but he also purchased a nice bag to hold all of his components in. Pitched over his shoulder with a strap held idly by his left arm, Hiro had finally arrived on scene. He gazed both ways upon crossing the tracks to the field, taking in a whiff of the venders set up along the sides. Finally his gaze settled on the gates just beyond the field. Resolve stirred in his heart, but it wasn't the standard "This is the year!" sort. More like "This has to be the year..." While confidence didn't show on his face, neither did concern. His heart was ready. His body felt energized. His mind was alert. Now all that was left was to convene with his employer, grab some lunch, and do some last minute alchemy, and he should be set. However, at the end of the day, his feet would probably end up hurting from breaking in the new shoes, but oh well. That was nothing he couldn't endure. Glancing toward the corner of the field, beyond some of the early morning campers stirring from their tents and drawing toward the booths lining the street and the forest edge in a large half square shape, Hiro stopped when he finally noted the familiar sign of his employer's bakery, followed by the face of an elderly lady mending the stand. Two applicants standing before it. One female in a suit with long dark... Scratch that, one Gushiken-san in a suit with long dark hair (Truth be told, Hiro was more familiar with the older brother, having participated in the exam with him two years back), and the snow white head from... Oh great, what was his name again? He answered the door a lot for the guild whenever they ordered pastries in bulk... Hm, maybe that was the extent of his relationship with the boy. As Hiro approached, he witnessed the white haired boy take a rushed dash toward the gate. "Wonder what his hurry is." he thought, with his head trailing the boy in the brown coat's movement. Shrugging it off, he turned back and first wave was to obviously the most familiar of the three. The only one he was on a first name basis with at least. "Keiko! Good morning! Looks like things are productive today!" "Oh, Hiro! Watch your step!" But it was already too late as Hiro's brand new trail running shoes sunk into something soft and moist. His eyes squeezed shut as he pleaded in his mind. "Please don't be dog s**t, please don't be dog s**t." Opening his eyes and preparing for the sight, his face softened when he noted it was just a cream filled pastry. "Ohoho, I'm sorry, dear, there was a bit of an accident shortly before you arrived." She chuckled cheerfully.

"That's okay. Could've been worse." Hiro remarked. And almost in perfect unison just as he made the remark, she held a wooden board over the table just as Hiro lifted his arm to knock it. This practiced ritual may appear creepy toward those who had never witnessed it before, but the family which owned the bakery were just one of the few families in Taiyo who knew let him close enough into their lives to know just how to handle the rainy days he brought with a grain of salt. In a strange way, it was as though they found the boy's luck to be endearing, and their endless optimism would always manage to rebound them financially for the little disasters he would bring. They were in their own way very lucky, in that their luck fluctuated between good and bad without ever favoring an extreme in one direction, even with him around. They practically had it down to instinct by now. Setting the board down, she handed him a bag over the table, containing his breakfast. After which, Hiro turned toward Chihaya with a bit of a perplexed stare. Could he really plan on following after his brother? Wasn't there like some kind of family creed that becoming a Battle Scholar violated or something? Hiro didn't really know the full story of the Gushiken clan, only that one of the branch family members had looked into the curse of his sword once before concluding that it was not possible to fix by imbuing it with reiki. And since then, trying to get on speaking terms with one of them was, while not exactly hard, just sort of awkward. Almost like they had given up talking to him, or accepted his bad karma as sort of something "that shouldn't be interfered with, for it was his own personal path toward enlightenment." Although his brother didn't seem to act coldly toward him, so perhaps the younger brother wouldn't mind if he asked a few questions. "Hey, Gushiken-san? What brings you here?" Hiro asked casually, upon reaching into the paper bag and removing Taiyaki from it's contents.

Current...Location:
                                              ...The Food Vendors...
                                              Current...Status:
                                              ...Curious...
                                              Currently...With:
                                              ...Chihaya...
                                              Stored... Vibration:
                                              ...▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄...

User Image
                                              ══════════════════╣
                                              The day has turned to night...
                                              Can you save me from the light?...
                                              'cause the future is now...
                                              This is how I disappear...
                                              ══════════════════╝

OOC: +0
Somebodys name goes here

Demonic Hellraiser

cнιнαʏα ɢυsнικеɳ
具志堅 千早

Chihaya grinned as the white-haired boy seemed to apologize a lot. "Really, don't worry about it."

"My name? Oh... It's Camory... eh... just Camory."

"Well Camory, it's nice to meet you," Chihaya said with a small bow, but it seemed that almost as soon as he did, his new acquaintance rushed off towards Kaguya Academy claiming he was late.

"Huh?" Chihaya quickly pulled out his phone to check the time just to reassure himself that he wasn't late. Of course everyone would want to be on time and some applicants would want to be early, Chihaya included, but Camory must have wanted to be the very first through those gates. He looked back up to the vendor, "He's going to get there even before the Headmaster," he joked. Just then Chihaya heard a voice call out and the vendor before him turned, as did he, to see who it was.

"Ah," Chihaya let out under his breath when he saw that it was Hiro Hatori, the delivery boy infamous for his unusual bad luck. Most everyone in Taiyo knew that his bad luck had something to do with his family, it was in their genes or something like that, or at least that's what they thought. Chihaya knew just a tiny bit more about the delivery boy's situation, just by chance though. His father had counted the story to him several years back, that one of their clan members had tried helping the boy but to no avail. Given the circumstances however, it was expected that one would try everything possible to lift the sword's curse. All his father left Chihaya with was advice to stay away from that sword. "The sword is what you should stay away from, not Hiro himself." Those were his father's words. Unfortunately that sword was always at Hiro's side.

When the delivery boy approached, Chihaya couldn't help but glance at the sword on his hip, realizing that he had never seen it for himself. His eyebrows rose as he watched the vendor pull out a wooden board at the same time that Hiro went to knock on it as if they had practiced it a million times before, but after some quick thinking his brain made all the connections and he couldn't help but let a small smile form on his lips. The way the old lady treated Hiro was endearing, and frankly he was a bit impressed with their synchronization.

"Hey, Gushiken-san? What brings you here?"

Chihaya recognized the look on Hiro's face and figured that he might be getting a lot of them today. "Hatori-san," he gave a small bow in greeting. "I know it's unusual for one of the Gushiken clan to be out and about on the day of entrance exams for Kaguya Academy, but that's exactly what I'm here for," he explained. "Will I be joining you as an applicant this year?" he asked, wondering if Hiro planned on applying to the Battle Scholar institution as well. He took a small sip of his drink before pulling out some change to pay the vendor.

天体 兵士が 戦場に 飾っ

Enduring Explorer

User ImageUser Image...User ImageUser Image
The Superstitious Delivery Boy
Active ...Job: The Entrance Exam

╔══════════════════
                                              Will you get inside my head
                                              And erase me when I'm dead
                                              Cause the future is now
                                              Now I'm disappearing
                                              ╠══════════════════

User Image

By the time Chihaya was finished with his first sentence, Hiro had already consumed half of the fish shaped pastry and was amidst chewing the second half. He gave an acknowledging nod toward the dark haired male, as his suspicions were confirmed. Just like two years prior, it looked like another Gushiken would be running through the trails. He couldn't help but wonder what sort of drama that could be stirring in his clan, but that was just one of those things he wasn't sure if he should pry into. Sometimes after all, choosing not to venture down curiosity was the best way to avoid trouble. Hiro finished chewing and swallowed his bite within moments of a similar question being directed at him. "Correct. It just wouldn't be the trials of Kaguya Academy without a certain someone fighting to get his way in." Hiro said with a smirk as he patted his jacket pocket with his now Taiyaki free hand. An eyebrow quirked as he did however when he realized that pocket was unusually absent. "Oh... Crap, I hope I didn't.." He began to trail off as he patted his other pockets, but before long, his employer held out yet another thing over the stand. "You left it by the stove. Its a good thing we found it. Otherwise it may have started a fire." Keiko said, as Hiro took his application with a sigh of relief. "Thanks so much! I was afraid I would have to go back..." Again his words trailed off when he recalled the events of the morning, and how that nauseating smell might still be festering into his humble little abode. His face paled with a sickly look. Some things were just better left unspoken. Either way, pass or fail, he had to make sure to stay away from that place for as long as possible if only to keep his mind off of it. Hiro only shook his head with a sigh. "That poor milkman..." This was all Hiro had left to say on the matter. His face returned to it's normal color soon after. It was better to keep his mind in the present moment after all. Too much drifting, and his reaction time might slow. As the delivery "Anyways, if you have any questions about the first trial, I'm cool with answering them. Nobody here has so far has been doing this as long as I have." Hiro said with a strange hint of pride in his voice. As though there was a sense of accomplishment to be had with flunking seven years in a row. And thus had the ritual of small talk completed it's circle around the bush.

Current...Location:
                                              ...The Vendors...
                                              Current...Status:
                                              ...Neutral...
                                              Currently...With:
                                              ...Chihaya...
                                              Stored... Vibration:
                                              ...▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄...

User Image
                                              ══════════════════╣
                                              The day has turned to night...
                                              Can you save me from the light?...
                                              'cause the future is now...
                                              This is how I disappear...
                                              ══════════════════╝

OOC: +1
((Why does smalltalk always have to be so difficult? It pains me to release this post. But at least it moves things forward. xp ))
Somebodys name goes here

Quotable Poster

Camory
User Image
The White Shadow
Where: sitting against the school gate / With: n/a / Feeling: ughhh....

Camory raced off down the field, giving boy and baker a hasty wave goodbye and racing forward with renewed vigor. As he ran he finished off his dumplings and absentmindedly chewed on the stick. It was one of his bad habits since he was a kid, he loved chewing on things, especially plastic straws for some odd reason. As he finally reached the large gates that served as entrance to the huge school campus Camory slowed to a screeching halt, taking a moment to marvel at it. "wow, just looking at the gate is humbling..." he mused out loud, suddenly feeling rather small compared to the sheer size and prestige of the academy he was about to spend the next however many years of his life in.

Slowly the boy came back around to his senses and quickly shook his head of all those awed thoughts. After all he wouldn't be spending any time at the academy if he failed the trials. "That's right, I gotta stay focused! I only have..." he muttered as he pulled out his phone for the first time and checking the time, expecting to see that it was late into the morning. However what he did see was far more shocking that he expected "EHHHHHHH!?" he shouted. Not only was he not late, he hadn't even planned to be up this early, let alone at the school. "wait but how?... I don't....wait....no...they didn't..." he muttered as realization that he had probably been tricked hit him. A large sweat drop appeared behind his head, and he hung his head low in embarrassment. "and I was in such a rush too...I must have looked so dumb...not to mention I even crashed into someone because of it..." he muttered, leaning back against the gate and slumping down onto his rear, suddenly feeling too disheartened to enter.

Quotable Poster

"The Red Snake of Yogo"
User Image
Hibeki No Orochi
Location: Train Station / With: N/A / Thinking: so damn crowded...

User Image
...And as soon as that snake was well enough, it bit the old man.
And as the old man lay there dying he asked the snake,
'Why? I took care of you. I loved you. I saved your life.'...

The signs and buzzers of the bullet train all began blinking and beeping as the train pulled into the station, one of many that would be running in and out non stop throughout the day. Slumped against one of the windows, in a nearly empty car, sat none of than the "Red Snake of Yogo" herself Hibeki no Orochi. Despite the sheer number of passengers on the train, her car, like always, was almost barren. This was because most of the applicants coming to Kaguya Academy didn't have the heart to come within twenty feet of the snake-eyed monster...despite the fact all Hibeki had done the entire trip was stare out the window boredly and eat pocky. That didn't stop some of the new recruits from holding their breath when they saw her though, after all someone as dangerous as her could suddenly go berserk at any minute right? Really the only people who dared stay in the car with her where old acquaintances from last year, or new students who simply had never heard of her.

Though honestly Hibeki didn't really mind it. Most people thought she was a monster, but hey, people tended to keep their distance from monsters, and during the application period breathing space was somewhat of a commodity. Plus there where always those who thought they where hot s**t and wanted to try to take her on to prove themselves, and she enjoyed putting them in their place. Yeah, life was better this way, if they wanted to call her a monster then let them, it suited her just fine. If you can't stop something then the next best thing was to embrace it right? At least that's what she told herself.

With a sigh the red head dragged herself out of her seat and began inching her way off the train. The other kids around her flashed her nervous glances and did their best to keep their distance, and every now and then Hibeki would mess with them by flashing them a wink or an evil grin. She liked to think she wasn't as bad as the rumors made her out to be, but she had to admit it was fun watching the new bloods squirm. She hopped off the train and onto the station platform with a small yawn, and quickly began weaving her way through the crowd. She was hoping not to run into anyone before she got to the school, after all it was early and she was tired, and the boring train ride from her village had not done much to put her in a sociable mood.

"damn it's like there's more of them every year" she muttered as she grabbed her pack of pocky and shook it a few times before patting another chocolate covered stick out, almost like it was a pack of cigarettes. She drew the delicious treat out with her mouth and got lost in it's flavor. She could firmly say that even with her obsession with booze, fighting, and women, pocky was still easily her biggest vice. Chuckling a bit at the thought Hibeki shook her head and headed off in the direction of the school, anxious to see what new challengers would be awaiting her this year...though at the same time equally as anxious to just lay down and take a nap.

...And the snake looked the man right in the eye and said,
'You stupid old man. I'm a snake.'

Ruecians's Bae

Sir Bum

23,250 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Person of Interest 200
sᴏʀʀᴇɴ sᴛʀᴀʜʟ
ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴ ᴍᴀɴɪᴀᴄ

User Image
XXXXXX 𝕯𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘? - 𝕴'𝖑𝖑 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖕 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝕴 𝖉𝖎𝖊X
═════════════════════════════════════════╝
XXXXXXXX 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕴 𝖘𝖆𝖞 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 - 𝕴 𝖈𝖆𝖓'𝖙 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖆 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝖒𝖞 𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖓 - 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝕴 𝖕𝖗𝖆𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖔𝖒 𝕴 𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘
XXXXXXXX 𝕴'𝖒 𝖘𝖔 𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖐 𝖔𝖋 𝖜𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊 - 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖎𝖓 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖈𝖆𝖓'𝖙 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 - 𝕴 𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖚𝖕 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖜𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓

User Image

“Hey, wake up. Sorren wake up.”

The boy groaned, “Not yet, Ma, just a few more... pages...”

The small winged humanoid creature crosser her arms. “Sorren! I'm not your mother! If you don't wake up I'm lighting your hair on fire!” She yelled startling the brunette.

“Wha--” The boy hit the ground with a hard thud. “Ow, Agria...” He whined.

“It's your fault.” She huffed coming down to his level. “I don't know how you even manage to sleep in a tree.” The red haired summon looked up to the branch Sorren had slept the night in. It was ten feet up, “You okay?” She asked showing some concern in her voice without showing it in her tiny grumpy face.

He nodded enthusiastic, “Yep! Neva been better!” He said standing up and brushing himself off.

She rolled her blue eyes then sat on his shoulder. “Hey, Sorren, you gonna be able to do this?”

The teen nodded, “Yea, I have ta. They're actually lettin' me take the entrance exam unlike tha other schools. They're tha best so they say so I've gotta get in. There's gotta be some summoner that can return ya back to ya original body. That's my promise. I have ta keep it since ya've been helping me out.”

She stayed silent. She didn't like this boy, but he had been trying hard to keep up their contract. Something that she was sure he was going to disregard as soon as she agreed to it. Sorren wasn't that type of person though. He didn't manipulate people and treated everyone equally. Even her, an incomplete summon. He hadn't even meant to summon her yet he accomplished a partial summoning. Stupid boy. He was so troublesome. She couldn't hate him though. He had a burning desire for knowledge and helping others out. He had good intentions. She sighed, “Anyway, make sure you find something to eat. You don't want to end up too weak to move during the trial.”

“I will. Agria? Will ya push off my sack?” He asked pointing up to the branch he had been sleeping on. A large traveling backpack was leaning against the trunk of the tree.

Agria flew up to it and started to push on it. “You always make me do your grunt work.” She complained before she finally managed to tip the balance of the heavy thing to get it to fall over into Sorren's awaiting hands. She heard him thank her, but she crossed her arms and turned away from him as he put on his backpack.

They eventually found food in the form of helping and elderly lady across the street and helping her home. Omelette finished Sorren greatly thanked the woman who wished him luck on the exam. Honestly, Sorren had run out of money long ago. For the last six months he had gotten by through scavenging and helping out other kind people like the elderly woman. He had already scoped the quickest route to the gates of the school the day before so it didn't take him long to by pass all the traffic. He was going to be early, but he didn't care. He could talk with people and possibly gain more knowledge. Maybe he could even have a warm up spar with someone.

As he got to the gate there weren't too many people there. In fact there was only really one other person besides himself. With a smile he approached the obviously distraught white haired person. “What's got ya so low there, buddy?” He asked with a friendly tone before plopping down beside him. Agria sat on one of the horizontal rails of the school's gate not wanting to partake in much conversation. Especially with a stranger that was probably of no use to them.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════
User ImageXXUser ImageXXUser Image
Kaguya Academy gates // Location
Concerned // Mood
Camory // Company

Coding by Eternity_Jing

pdragon619

Quotable Poster

Camory
User Image
The White Shadow
Where: the school gate / With: Sorren / Feeling: better

Camory let out a small sigh as he leaned his head back against the large metal gates "...I can't believe I didn't think to check any other clock in the hall....god and Elena even got up early to make breakfast too" he said, still feeling pretty stupid. "I'll have to make it up to her somehow" he thought, wondering what he should do. However before he could think about it too deeply he spotted someone approaching the gate. They didn't look familiar to him, probably not a local, and he had what appeared to be a small fairy riding on his shoulder. Camory rose a brow at the small creature, whose beautiful wings and face was in stark contrast to the bitter look she wore on her face.

When the boy spoke up Camory shook his head and returned his attention to the brunette boy, blinking a few times before registering what he had said. "oh...it's nothing really. I came to take the entrance exams, but I think one of the scholars back at the guild hall tampered with my clock, so I ended up racing all the way here thinking I was late" he said with a small chuckle. It was all pretty silly now that he thought about it, and at the very least he was sure he wouldn't be late now. "though now that I think about it I guess it's really nothing to mope over" he said, kipping back up to his feet and dusting himself off "I'm Camory by the way" he said, extending his hand. "I imagine you're here for the entrance exams too right? You must be from out of town. That's actually kind of surprising, usually only locals are up and about this early" he said with a kind smile

Hit me with a Stunfisk

Ruecians's Bae

Sir Bum

23,250 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Person of Interest 200
sᴏʀʀᴇɴ sᴛʀᴀʜʟ
ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴ ᴍᴀɴɪᴀᴄ

User Image

User Image

The brunette rocked slightly as the other boy spoke, “Heee, they've guilds in towns, huh?” He murmured in amazement. There was no guild or anything of the like in his hometown. There was a town hall, but that was just used for meetings or for disputes to be decided by the other townspeople. There were only twenty-something people. He didn't even have any kids his age to grow up with. He hadn't come across any guilds in his travels either, but then again he was so focused on the schools and they wouldn't give him information to save his life or so he suspected. He listened as the other talked about being early was nothing to mope about and introduced himself along with a question. Sorren smiled, “Always better ta be early than late. Strahl, Sorren Strahl.” He took the other male's hand of greeting and gave it a firm shake before releasing. “That's Agria. She's a anti-social one so don't let it bother ya, yeah?” He smiled brightly ignoring the pint-sized glare from the summon.

“Yea, I'm here for tha entrance exam. After a year of travelin this Kaguya Academy is actually lettin me try out unlike ta others. As for bein up so early I'm usually up early unless I find me a nice tome ta read and lose track a time.” A small audible scoff could be heard from Agria. Honestly it was Agria that always woke him up or else he'd sleep half the day away. Sorren ignored her though, “So ya a local? Is this ya first run at the exam too?” He asked trying to gather information about the text. He had heard that the exams were never the same, but any info about local stuff like the rocks or fauna could help him determine a path. His tone probably made it obvious what he was looking for so he didn't feel the need to ask further unless the other male didn't understand and he wasn't a first time entry.

Kaguya Academy gates // Location
Curious // Mood
Camory // Company

pdragon619

Coding by Eternity_Jing

Quotable Poster

Camory
User Image
The White Shadow
Where: the school gate / With: Sorren / Feeling: confident and curious

Camory rose a brow at the boy as he seemed shocked at the notion of their being a Guild Hall in town. "well...yeah...being a Battle Scholar is an occupation just like any other job, so they have to have some kind of infrastructure. They don't just wander about aimlessly as freelancers...well...most I've met don't" He said, granted as with everything relating to Battle Scholars his view point was a bit biased due to being raised in a Guild Hall himself. "But yeat since Kaguya Academy is right next by there's an official Guild Hall set up in Taiyo village. Alot of the students who graduate decide to work there for a while before deciding where they'll ultimately end up working" He explained. As he grew up the core group of Battle Scholars didn't really change all that much, but there was a near constantly shifting group of 'interns', as Elena liked to call them, who would join up after graduating since the Hall was so conveniently close to the school. However because it was so close to the school the Hall had a very small workload, since it allowed the school to take most of the jobs posted in and around Taiyo to help train students. As such interns tended to stick around for a few months, maybe a year, before getting picked up by another Guild Hall with more need for them, or until they eventually got tired of sitting around on their buts doing nothing and set off on their own.

Camory accepted the boy's greeting with a nod and a firm handshake "It's nice to you Sorren, and you too Agria" the boy said with a smile. When Sorren explained that he would be applying for Kaguya because the other schools wouldn't take him Camory cocked his head to the side quizzically, "wait, you mean the other schools wouldn't even let you try out?...wel that's weird...I can't imagine why they'd do something like that" Camory pondered, glancing the boy over again. He looked normal enough, and he couldn't imagine there was anything about him that would be so bad the others schools wouldn't take him, yet somehow Kaguya would, from what he could tell the schools had pretty similar standards, heck if anything Kaguya had higher standards. His head perked back up however when the boy asked about his local status "indeed I am, born and raised...well...raised for certain..." he said. In all honesty he had no idea if he had been born in Taiyo or not, for all he knew his parents could have raced across the entire planet from his real birthplace before dropping him off at the Guild's doorstep, then again details like that never seemed to matter to anyone, Camory or otherwise, most people in Taiyo considered you a local after a week, let alone 16 years. "and yeah this my first time taking the exam. I grew up in the town's Guild Hall with all the local Battle Scholars, so it's always been my dream to become one myself. And I know I can do it too, after all I have destiny on my side...that and the experience of every generation of Kaguya graduates backing me up" he said, adding the last part rather nonchalantly. After all every year graduates from the academy would join up with the Hall, that meant every year Camory would hear stories about everything from the classes, to the dungeoning trips...to the entrance exams. Sure every year was different from the last, but at the very least he had a general framework to work with.

Hit me with a Stunfisk

Ruecians's Bae

Sir Bum

23,250 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Person of Interest 200
sᴏʀʀᴇɴ sᴛʀᴀʜʟ
ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴ ᴍᴀɴɪᴀᴄ

User Image

User Image

Sorren listened as Camory explained how the guild ran. Maybe he should introduce the idea to his hometown when he got back. Someone was always in need of help from ridding pests like the Balhir spawn to fixing things. Even escort to another town for trade. Normally his parents did that bit. However it was hard he imagines after his mother's passing considering his father also doubled as a doctor due to his healing powers. They probably needed an actual doctor. If a small guild was set up then the town could do better. However even he knew that the old men of the town didn't like new people. They had only accepted his parents because they couldn't protect themselves.

All in all Sorren didn't label himself as a Battle Scholar wanna be. He just needed to fulfill his promise to Agria and if he could gain more knowledge and explore ruins while doing so he'd be happy enough. Of course he hadn't thought about life after dispelling Agria. He'd think about it once they found out how to return Agria. Camory then seemed surprise with the information he had given. He couldn't say that he blamed him. Sorren was surprised himself the first two times. “Yea, 'parrently they don't like tha fact I-”

“Sorren, net.” Agria interrupted Sorren. “Yemu ne nuzhno znat'.”

Green eyes looked at her in confusion, “A? Pochemu net?” He didn't understand why she stopped him. The fact that she was speaking her language, whatever it was -she never taught him what it was called when she taught him-, had him even more annoyed.

“On ne mozhet pomoch'.”

“Vy ne znayete, chto!” How did she know that he couldn't help? Maybe he had heard something from someone or knew a powerful summoner that could help him out. The two glared at each other both obviously angry at each other. Sorren wasn't going to listen to her though. “They didn't like tha fact I managed a incomplete summon, capcha, and contract with Agria.” He explained just to spite her. If she kept wanting to hide the fact then they'd never get anywhere. She was the one so desperate to get back. After all if he died she was stuck in that smaller form until she entered another contract to steal mana to be a quarter of her full power. There was also the fact that the both of them had a habit of losing control in battle, but Sorren didn't think that was the reason. After all they that was one of the reasons these academies were formed, right?

Changing to a happier tune Sorren's curiosity returned. “So ya hear a lot? What're they like? Tha exams? Anything constant? Like types of rocks or plants?” He knew he was asking a lot. Something that might not be taken well if Camory wanted to keep the edge to himself. Sorren didn't care though. He'd be able to tell if he lied and if Camory refused to tell Sorren wouldn't pry.

Kaguya Academy gate // Location
Curious // Mood
Camory // Company

pdragon619

Coding by Eternity_Jing
User Image

xxxxxxTorr Johann Ericksenxxxxxx﴿
xxxxThe All Seer xxxxxx﴿

User Image
User Image

The train had stopped. The roar of the engine had ceased and the passengers who were abroad have a sigh of relief as the train bucked when it stopped. Each of the passengers stood up as they readied to disembark. A boy sat in his own booth with multiple screens taking up the space. This boy is our hero... erm... this boy is Torr Johann Ericksen, a young scholar who is applying to the Kaguya Academy today. The PEGASUS device prodigy quickly stood up and the screens vanished before his eyes. "So I have arrived in Taiyo Village. I have not been here in seventeen months. There is other reasons I am here this time." Torr said to himself as he disembarked from the train. As he left the train platform, around him, four metal orbs began to gravitate around him as if he were a sun. "It is time for my trial for the academy. I must hurry or I will be late." Torr said as his steps began to quicken and his breath seemed to be unchanged. The boy stood at six feet three inches tall and was about the size of an olympic swimmer. His physique was strange given the fact that he is a technological prodigy but nevertheless, his Western heritage made up for his physique in that manner. The boy was approaching the gate where the trial would begin and with this he saw a group of other persons there.

"Command: Analysis. Camera mode." Torr said in a monotone voice as each one of the metal orbs gravitating around Torr went up to each of the students standing there. The metal orbs had a single eye on them and with that, the eye would come face to face with each of the applicants. "Capture." Torr said as the metal orbs blinked and made a clicking noise. Torr waved his hand in the air as a transparent screen appeared in front of him. "Command: Download." The boy stated plainly before two pictures of applicants appeared on the screen. With swipes and clicks, Torr began analyzing the pictures and searching for subsequent data on each of the pictures. The boy has still completely ignored pleasantries associated with meeting new people, and therefore looked quite strange as he just clicked away. The orbs rejoined their owner and continued to gravitate around him. "Analysis complete. Hello Camory, Sorren Strahl." He said with a straight tone. The screens in front of Torr disappated and he turned to the applicants. "My name is Torr Johann Ericksen. I am an applicant of the Kaguya Academy. I look forward to finding out more about you all." He said as he cracked a small smile and a wave.

Company: Other Applicants
    Mood: Neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas