Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Prophet

Hello Darling,

I’m ϻistress Heather; it’s a pleasure to have you here at Яivalry School of Λrms and Λrts.

I cannot express to you how thrilled I am that you have accepted our terms and agreements to attending our lovely school. I know things around here are done a bit different but it’s nothing to be worried about. Different doesn’t mean bad, now does it? Now, now before you ask any questions let me explain a few things.

Okay, so let’s start with our Pairment Strategy. You saw that in the brochure, didn’t you? It’s a unique program we have here where the school board – who’s made of up myself, Master Lancaster, and the head teacher of each department – after a long discussion pair you up with another student. This student is your rival. This student is also your partner. After all, we all need a rival to stir us up and a partner to depend on. At the end of the year the school board will then evaluate how you and your rival did in the past year and if need be we will make the proper adjustments. There have been moments in the past where we’ve had to make such adjustments during the school year but that is under special circumstances and I do hope that won’t be a problem you must face.

Next, let me explain our grading policy and classes. Here at Rivalry School of Arms and Arts we don’t hold normal classes. We have private and public tutoring by our lovely teachers, but if you attend tutoring and for what tasks is up to you. You see each month there will be anywhere to two to four tasks for students to complete. You must only complete one to get credit. The task will determine if your paired student is your rival or your partner and which task you do must be decided by both of you.

A bit confused are you, here let me give you an example. For our students who stay during the summer, June’s tasks were Jousting Tournament, Midnight Serenade, and Forest Exploration. If students picked the Jousting Tournament they had all month to prepare and demonstrate a proper medieval joust. Our history teacher, weapon’s master, and horse trainer were the judges. They judge the students on their props, technique and who of course won and grades were assigned. If students decided upon the Midnight Serenade they had to work together to put on an hour long musical of their choice at night. They also had to get students to attend so they were judged upon the songs, plot and attendance. For the Forest Exploration students were given supplies, part of a map, and a compass and told to find the X on the map before their rival. The judged on their use of supplies, time, and who arrived first.

Of course not all students here can sing or swing a sword so you must pick the task best suited for you and your pair. There also the problem of other students who are completing the same task. You must work together to overcome them while at the same time maybe beating your pair as well.

Oh and if you need anything at all to complete a task just make stop by the Request Office. They'll get whatever you need by the end of the week. Promise.

Does that explain? I hope so. If you have any more questions you can always ask myself or another member of the staff.

Dorms are just down next dorm. Go on, now, go meet your pair.

OOC
Profiles
Inspired by:: The RP Mix Match Academy by Shima the Goddess, the song Rival by Ken Ashcorp, and an episode of SUV oddly enough.

Devoted Prophet

Oh wait! I have few things for you to take. Here's a list of our school Policies and Rules....

1: Follow TOS

2: Kept things PG16, meaning no cybering, no explicit scenes and watch the violence.

3. Speaking of violence, no godmodding. Don't control another character willy nilly. A character's death must be approved by both parties involved and I must be informed of beforehand.

4. Personal rule, no bullying other roleplayers no matter how long it takes them to post. I'll warn you once this before reporting you and then blocking you.

5. Lets talk about posts and characters. I don't care how many characters you have but I do ask that you make it easy to distinguish them when posting. You may be staff or students.

6. Remember Romance, Adventure, and Fighting!

7. While posting let's keep this rather semi-lit. No one liners. Quotes when talking and Italics when thinking are pretty standard. Don't worry too much about grammar and spelling but please keep it readable.

7A. This isn't a rule but rather a request. I your post please include a picture of your character, the character's name and what other characters you are interacting with. I find it makes things easier.

8. PM me profiles and once I accept it/them you will need to post them in Profile Thread. Please, name the PMs "Rivals and Partners." If you are sending me multiple characters you can send them in PM if that's easier or in separate ones but remember to send them all with the right subject line.

9. I reserve the right to ask to deny a character or to ask you to change something about them.

10. I should add that I would like people to stay active but I do know how life is so please just let me know if you need time off or have to leave. I will make adjustments for your character in the RP if you cannot.

Devoted Prophet

...and here is a list of the Staff...

Staff
Headmistress Heather Jones
"An unremarkable name for a remarkable woman"

Deputy Headmaster Ryan Lancaster
"Skilled in sword and song."

Nurse Ashlynn Featherlight
"She certainly knows her herbs and poisons."

Nurse Jacob Stonework
"You would never expect such a gentle touch from such a large man."

Teachers
Mathematician [Name]
"Numbers never lie unlike people."

Historian [Name]
"One must know their past so not to repeat it."

Scientist [Name]
"If you can explain it you can recreate it."

Weapons Master [Name]
"First rule of unarmed combat: Get a weapon."

Magician [Name]
"Open your heart and mind, my dear."

Stable Master [Name]
"Remember you can hurt them just as they can hurt you."

Artist [Name]
"There is nothing more beautiful that the soul displayed for all."

Musician [Name]
"Don't speak. Play."

Singer [Name]
"One must practice to get prefect."

Devoted Prophet

...and Students.

[Name]
[Quotes]
[Username]
[Pair - I'll fill this in]

[Name]
[Quotes]
[Username]

Devoted Prophet

Profile and Reserve Skeletons

Student Reserve

[Name]
[Quote]
[Username]

Teacher Reserve

[Title and Name from First page]
[Quote from First page]

Student

[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] [Anime Picture]
[b]Name:[/b] [Full "Nick Name" Name]
[b]Race:[/b] [If it's not common either briefly explain.]
[b]Age:[/b] [16-19]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b] [Please be descriptive here.]

[b]Powers:[/b] [Ex. Control fire, healing ray, night vision, magic - be more specific, super hearing, ect]
[b]Skills:[/b] [Ex. Weapon - which weapon, drawing - which medium, poems, singing, ect]

[b]Quote:[/b]

Teacher

[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] [Anime Picture]
[b]Job Title:[/b] [Get this from the first page]
[b]Name:[/b] [Get this from the first page]
[b]Race:[/b] [If it's not common either briefly explain.]
[b]Age:[/b] [20+]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b] [Please be descriptive here.]

[b]Powers:[/b] [Ex. Control fire, healing ray, night vision, super hearing, ect]
[b]Skills:[/b] [Ex. Sword work, drawing, poems, singing, ect]

[b]Quote:[/b]

Devoted Prophet

Additional Information

Era: Modernism
School's Location: Small island off the coast of England in the North Sea

School Commodities:
Main Offices including the Request Office and the Nurse's Station
Open Classrooms for Tutoring
Stables
Arenas
Open Grounds for Events and Tasks
Library
Lake
Forest with Ruins

If I need to I'll add more....

Devoted Prophet

Tasks of the Month

For now, since new students are settling in and old ones are readjusting lets ease back into school life with some of our easier tasks. Prehaps it would be wonderful to explore the grounds a bit, yes?

Task #1 - Dive and Score

Our beautiful lake has wonderful oyster bed in it's northern regions, near the opening of the river that feeds the lake. You must secure a pearl from an oyster. But be wary there are a lot of creatures such as kelpie and giant crabs down in that lake, especially that far out from our guards who tend to scare them out away from the shores closest to the campus.

Judges: Master Lancaster, Scientist, and Weapon's Master

Task #2 - Find the Ruins

Our forest is deep and wide and covers most of the island. In days of old there use to be an old temple to a forgotten mage back in those woods. The remains of which is still back there. Why don't you find your way to it and remember it's important to be the first one there.

Judges: Mistress Heather, Historian, Magician

~ Mistress Heather

Devoted Prophet

OPEN!!

You may post as soon as I accept your character.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff