Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Normally Naeem would have been a bit weirded out by somebody he didn't recongnize knowing his name if it wasn't so convinient for him. He was never good at introductions so that saved him the trouble of doing any. Usually somebody had to ask him to repeat him name again or it just ended with the other person trying to awkwardly pronounce his last name. "You're name is Ivy or something, right?" He was pretty sure he was forgetting something in there but he felt it was close enough. He allowed himself to give her a toothy grin. She said something about having mutual friends and he could just barely bite back his scoff. "Not likely; I didn't have many friends." Didn't. He still doesn't and although his voice didn't show it, he actually did feel some amount of indignity for not being as socially adept as other students. He used to be fine with living in isolation, but as he grew older he found himself no longer content to merely observe.

So of course when the girl asked if she could tag along with him, he felt some amount of joy pump through his body. Even though he could feel the awkward air she was giving off, he couldn't have been in a better mood. "Yes, of course!" No sooner had he said that did he catch himself making two errors. He sounded too eager and if yes was the answer to her question, he would have gotten the opposite result of what he wanted. He stopped his sentence short and cleared his throat. He strode forward to coax her in the same direction as well as hide his face from that small shock of embarrassment.

"I mean, of course I wouldn't mind." He said, this time with fixed errors and a much cooler tone of voice. He found it best to have plenty of ambiguity, especially when meeting new people. Only few would actually care about his emotions or thoughts whereas most were just curious. "Lead the way." He insisted, despite the fact that he had been the first to take steps forward. He had forgetten his manners.
                        xxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                        totally healthy
                        shadow ball , destiny bond , curse , hex

Aged Noob

2,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Antonio Dios

He took the boy's hand it gave it a firm but friendly shake. "Good to meet you, Nicholas!" He said in a robust voice with a smile. "Wow, Lillycove in Hoenn? That's extremely far... Must have been a very long trip. I haven't ever left Johto; I haven't even left Goldenrod!" He gave a deep laugh.

"I'm also sorry you had to leave your old school for your last year. It must have been terrible not being able to graduate from there, and I'm sure you must miss not being able to see the close friends you have made. I'm sure you'll be able to make a community here too, and I hope you like Ilex Institute as much as your old school."

Antonio rose an eyebrow when the other said he had only met the Headmaster back at his old school once, and it was for a bad reason. "Hmm... You have a clean slate here starting now, but I really hope you aren't a troublemaker..." Of course, when he said it, the Headmaster was only joking. The boy seemed quite nice, at least polite from this conversation. He also had no idea that it might have been a little bit of a touchy subject with the boy, especially since he didn't know the real reason Nicholas was sent to the Headmaster.

Health: 100%
                                                Moves: Aeroblast, Hydro Pump, Dragon Rush, Extrasensory

OoC:

Dapper Prophet

User Image

DARLIN ' , YOU ' RE A MILLION WAYS TO BE CRUEL .

OH SUCH GRACE , OH SUCH BEAUTY . AND LIPSTICK AND CALLUS AND FISHNETS AND MALICE .

OH SUCH GRACE , OH SUCH BEAUTY . AND LIPSTICK AND CALLUS AND FISHNETS AND MALICE .

_______________________________________________________________

"Yes, but it was quite an interesting trip. I've been on boats before but never for that long," he said with a laugh. He had made a friend or two on the ship but they were all heading to other places in Johto and once again he had to lie about being part pokemon. Nicholas nodded in agreement to what the headmaster had said, feeling bad that he had to leave his old school so close to graduating and leave behind any friends he had made in his old town. Though, since Nicholas had mentioned seeing his old Headmaster once, his new headmaster seemed to tease him about the reason why.

"Heh, no, not at all, Sir. Actually you were close though when you mentioned my old school. He had to set up a meeting with me and my parents in order to explain why I couldn't attend their school anymore. He did help with finding some schools and transferring all my paperwork here, so I guess he wasn't too bad of a Headmaster," Nicholas said, shrugging his shoulders.

"To be honest though, Sir, it's going to take some time to adjust. I saw some students earlier and, well, maybe spending so much time with humans has rubbed off on me. I'm not quite use to the differences in anatomy. Even for a Gijinka, I'm more human than pokemon" he explained, thinking that if he didn't end up making friends he would be an outcast in an institute meant for "outcasts".

______________________________________________
                                                                                  Health: 100/100
                                                                                  Moves: Poison Tail | Poison Fang | Swagger | Crunch
                                                                                  Item: none

Aged Noob

2,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Ivory Greene

Ivy? He thought that was her name? Well, it was close, but it wasn't quite correct... "Well, actually my name is Ivory," The girl corrected. After the sentence was out, she hoped she hadn't sounded rude or obnoxious or anything. "B-but Ivy is really cute! You can call me that if you like! I'd like that as a nickname!" Half the reason she said it was to cover up if she actually did sound rude with the previous statement, but she also actually really liked that nickname. She was a Grass-type, so it fit!

When she heard the other mention that he didn't have many friends, she felt a strange mix of sorrow as well as happiness. She was sad because that meant that he really didn't think he was well-liked. She couldn't help but also feel happy though because if he truly didn't have many friends, then they were in the same boat. It would be easier to befriend him if that was the case.

"Well, I'm sure that's not true. Did you see the way that Nicholas was looking at you? He was blushing!" The girl had managed to blurt out when she got a sudden confident moment. But after it was said, she realized how that could be offensive to the other, if he wasn't interested in boys. "I-I'm sure that many people like being around you, is what I mean." Shel quickly added on.

At the eagerness in Naeem's response to her offer, Ivory couldn't help but smiling. She could obviously tell from the enthusiasm that he meant yes for walking with her. Well, this was great! He didn't think she was annoying or anything, and was interested in befriending her too. This was genuine; he wasn't just doing it because he felt bad for her or something. Moments later though, the mood dropped. As Naeem turned around and took a step forward, Ivy's smile faded. It seemed like he really didn't mean it for a moment, but when he reassured her in a more calm tone, she understood what was going on.

Ivory turned to Chikorita with a small smirk, and couldn't help but giggling silently. He was nervous, awkward, and occasionally embarrassed just like her. The Grass-type Pokemon gave an amused smile to her owner as well.

"O-oh okay," The girl said when he asked her to lead the way. She started walking forward, but stopped next to him. "What do you want to go see?" Personally, she wanted to go see the familiar stadium and contest hall once more, or maybe the arcade, but she would let Naeem choose first. Since classes started tomorrow, today was technically considered a Holiday. Students were allowed off campus as long as they returned by curfew.

Moves: Magical Leaf, Synthesis, Petal Dance, Body Slam

Pokemon:
                                            Chikorita:

Moves: Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Tackle, Poisonpowder

OoC: Omg, they're so awkward! XD They can be awkward buddies now, and maybe angst buddies later.

Aged Noob

2,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Antonio Dios

The man nodded, "I'm sure it must have been an extremely long trip. Even from Olivine City to Vermillion City in Kanto, it takes a day two travel. And Johto and Kanto are connected regions! The Magnet Train from Goldenrod to Saffron is much quicker, and arrives in only two or three hours." Though Antonio had never gone. He really had no interest in leaving Goldenrod as of now. Maybe in the future though.

As expected, after hearing the real reason why Nicholas had to see the Headmaster in his old school, the man regretted his little joke, and couldn't help but feel bad for the boy. "It was because you are a Gijinka, isn't it?" Of course he already knew the answer. Many of the other students were here for the same reason, and it was why he founded the school. "Well, I'm sorry to hear that... But I'm glad to hear that you aren't a troublemaker. I'm sure you'll do fine here!

He listened as the other spoke about his first encounter with other Gijinka. "Change always takes time, so it's quite alright." The boy was right with his appearance being pretty much human; Antonio couldn't tell what kind of Gijinka he was. It wasn't just that that had rubbed off on him from living with humans so long though, he was starting to get the mindset a little bit too. In the end, Gijinka or human, they were all people. Nic's stay here would teach him that. "Well, I hope you talked to them when you saw them. If not, you may have to explain the strange looks you gave when you see them again!" He gave another laugh. "And I bet it was quite easy to fit in with humans looking so human yourself. What kind of Gijinka are you, if I may ask?" Hopefully the other wasn't uncomfortable answering. If he had lived around humans long enough, he might have started to think it was a taboo topic.

OoC:

painterkirby's Spouse

Dangerous Bunny

User Image
This wasn't exactly what Mabin had in mind.His single eye took in the slowly passing scenery from the bus window. The vehicle was stopping at every block. A low sigh slipped from his lips. If Joe knew fly, he'd already of been at the school, as stupid as that sounded. She sat there on his shoulder making low clicking sounds, trying to tell Mabin something trivial about some other bird pokemon on the public bus. A least she wasn't screaming or crying. Smiling somewhat, he gave the parrot a gentle pat with his foreclaw. Looking to his hand, the pokemon gave him a soft bite. Frowning, Mabin muttered to her, "Ne fais pas ça, Joséphine."
The man sitting infront of him muttered under his breath "Freak" Clutching the stop tape, Mabin tugged it angrily. Joe fluttered slightly as the large vehicle lurched to a stop. The Gijinka took his single bag of luggage and left abruptly. There was not enough room in his heart for compassion for the rude or cruel.
The walk wasn't too bad, actually. The sunlight felt nice on the carapace of his arms and hands. Joe seemed to enjoy herself as well, chirping happily and running from one shoulder to the other. Yes, every now and then, he caught a terrified glance, but that was about what he expected. A vesper of black pseudo flame billowed from his shoulders, dispersing into nothing after a foot or so. This was his exhaled carbon. The white mist that swirled from his head was composed of exhaled water. Both plumes fulminated against each other, never mixing.
Eventually, the man came upon the school. A thin smile appeared on his face. "Sanctuary" he remarked quietly.

>>>Mabin
HP ████████████████
Stat: NONE
xxx//////////MOVES//////////
xxDark Voidx Hypnosis
Dark Pulse Dream Eater

>>>Joe
HP ██████████
xxSingxxxx Chatter
Peck xxxxxxGrowl
User Image

Naeem bit back a laugh and shrugged the shoulders that he had. He had seen that one boy's reaction upon seeing him but he was certain it wasn't for the reason that Ivory suggested. He knew why and it didn't bother him one bit; He was too used to it. "Whatever you say, Ivy." He did note that her name was not actually Ivy but rather Ivory, but she had given him permission to call her otherwise. He also figured that nicknames were always a sign of friendship and when given a loaded gun, might as well shoot.

He hummed in thought and scraped the heel of his right shoe against the ground. He didn't have a clue as where he wanted to go, since his original plan was to wander around aimlessly through the campus until it was time to go back to his dorm. Having a destination bothered him a bit- Not exactly his definition of explore. "Nngh..." His lips emitted a low growl of frustration as he thought. He didn't want to appear rude but this simple decision perturbed him on a large scale. It was absurd, he knew, but choosing was never his specialty.

Finally, the smile cracked back on his expression and he waved a bandaged stump in a seemingly random direction. "North!" That wasn't a specific location, but it was a direction. Though Ivory could have went South for all he cared and he still probably would have followed in her direction.
                        xxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                        totally healthy
                        shadow ball , destiny bond , curse , hex

Dapper Prophet

User Image

Nicholas nodded, feeling a little down about the fact, but he had come to terms with it over the summer break. There wasn't anything he could do about it, so why fight it. Sure he was kicked out because of his race and not because he caused any trouble. If anything, others should have been kicked out for the trouble they caused him. He only acted in self defense. But there was no need to lament on it now. He was at a new school and was going to graduate in a year, so what was the point?

Nicholas looked back up at the Headmaster and responded first with a smile. "Well, I did talk to them. I needed their help on finding out where the boy's dorms were. One was a girl and she seemed pretty understanding about my awkwardness. The other boy didn't really say much, but, he didn't really look like someone who talked much anyway," he explained.

His attention was peaked when the Headmaster took interest in just what kind of gijinka he was. A smile crossed his lips as he said with a bit of pride, "I'm a Seviper, Sir."

Aged Noob

2,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Ivory Greene

The Meganium girl smiled as well when the other used her new nickname. Just like Naeem had thought, it did show friendship. Though after he question, when she watched as the boy hesitated and started to whistle, Ivory couldn't help but wonder if that was a bad idea. She looked to Chikorita, who was waiting with just an anxious expression as hers, and shrugged her shoulders. She rose an eyebrow as he raised one of his would-be arms, and she jumped a little when he exclaimed the direction that probably wasn't that way.

"Um... I'm not exactly sure North is in that direction..." Ivory pointed out. But she didn't want to shoot the other down. "But we can follow the path and see what we can find!" She started heading down the path with Chikorita besides her, and kept a slow enough pace for Naeem to walk along.

"So how was your summer?" She asked, trying to make some conversation for the road.

Moves: Magical Leaf, Synthesis, Petal Dance, Body Slam

Pokemon:
                                            Chikorita:

Moves: Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Tackle, Poisonpowder

OoC:

Aged Noob

2,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Antonio Dios

Antonio gave a nod. "Well, it's good to know that you talked to at least one of them. Did you happen to get her name? If she isn't knew, I'm sure I'll remember who she is with the sound of her name..." Usually the Headmaster had a pretty good memory, but over the summer, he got faces from the past confused.

"Ah, I'm glad you're proud of the Pokemon you are mixed with," The man said after Nicholas answered his question. "I'm a Lugia Gijinka. Now tell me, have you ever partaken in a Gijinka battle? Or perhaps a Gijinka contest?" Of course from the lifestyle that Nic had, the Headmaster assumed the answer was no.

OoC:

Dapper Prophet

User Image

Nicholas scratched at his chin and furrowed his brow. "I believe her name was Ivy? Or, no. Ivory? Yes! Ivory. That was her name. She had green hair and yellow antennae," He explained, thinking that if she was a returning student and the headmaster did, in fact, know her that a short description might help him picture the student. The headmaster's question caught him off guard. He had never heard of such things, but he had a feeling they were in some way similar to a pokemon battle and pokemon contest. "No, Sir. I've never actually heard of such a thing," he said with a light laugh.

Tipsy Strawberry

User Image
Teffia
      Moves: Flame Charge; Bug Bite; Quiver Dance; Heat Wave

Petilil
      Moves: Growth; Leech Seed; Sleep Powder; Mega Drain

Fingers gripped tightly onto her suitcase's handle, rolling it along behind her Teffia frowned down at the map that had arrived with her letter. Before she left, her parents had ensured she knew how to read it yet the confidence she gained from those lessons waned. The building she was slowly entering certainly matched the appearance of the institute she was sent. However, the nearer she got the more her brain attempted to convince her this was the wrong location, that she was lost. Not that she necessarily wanted to be lost in a foreign region, but the school rules befuddled her. They didn't make any sense. They were Gijinka, were they not? Why was battle reserved strictly for supervised ventures designed solely for practice?

Were her fellow Gijinka truly that incompetent with their capabilities? Or was it that some had weaker forms, and could only handle certain attacks? As she mulled over the possible explanations for peculiar rules, latched onto her suitcase was her Petilil. The creature made some small noises, hoping to get her friend's attention. Though friend was a loose word - the grass type and her had affections that waxed and waned with their independent moods. Snapping from her internal curiosities, she glanced down at Petilil. The creature then nodded its head away from them, towards a man seemingly clad in black that as he walked billowed smoke.

"Ah, that's amazing! I wonder how he does that. Do you think it's natural, or artificial?" Teffia murmured, and the sound reminded her that perhaps now was not the time to admire another's physical attributes. "Right, right I know - make sure we aren't lost." She sighed, straightening her shoulders and trying to be as imposing as possible. Marching towards him, waving a hand, she shouted as loudly as she could, "Hey, mister! Mister, over here!" Imposing was difficult to pull off when she was smiling as she tried to get his attention.

painterkirby's Spouse

Dangerous Bunny

User Image
Mabin's blood ran cold as the sound of shouting permeated his personal space. Joe fluttered in a panicked manner, then perched atop her trainer's head. The water vapor swirled around her, dampening the Chatot's feathers. The nurse turned on his heels, carbon smoke whipping about his form. There was a girl not too far from him shouting and flagging the man down. Mabin looked around somewhat frantically to be certain that it was him being called. He was alone. Something like fear overcame him as he realized that he would have to socialize. "Joséphine," Mabin muttered to his companion, " tu y rester et d'être bon."

Not letting fear overcome him, Mabin faced the loud girl. He was a bit apprehensive, but felt he could do this. Baby steps. "Ah, bonjour, mademoiselle. Tout ce que vous avez beso- Ah.." More likely than not, this girl wouldn't be able to understand him. Rethinking his words, he tried again in a nervous tone, "Ah, H-hello, ma'am. Is dhere ahnything that vous need?" His heart was pumping, forcing him to blush with embarrassment. He was fully aware of his terrible english. "Ah am Mabin, ahnd Ah shall be nursh here..uh ahnd dish `cest Joe," Joe, who still sat contently on the Gijinka's head, leaned over to preen a Mabin's eyebrow. "A-ah...Arrêtez ça, arrêtez de Joe .." his voice sounded somewhat defeated. He offered his right foreclaw to the bird, and she obediently stepped up to the hard surface. She looked over this new person and gave several low, "Achk." sounds. Mabin frowned somewhat, no sure of what he noises meant.

>>>Mabin
HP ████████████████
xxDark Voidx Hypnosis
Dark Pulse Dream Eater

>>>Joe
HP ██████████
xxSingxxxx Chatter
Peck xxxxxxGrowl

Tipsy Strawberry

User Image
Teffia
      Moves: Flame Charge; Bug Bite; Quiver Dance; Heat Wave

Petilil
      Moves: Growth; Leech Seed; Sleep Powder; Mega Drain

When the man turned around, to what she assumed was him seeking out where the voice came from, the smile split further into a grin. Had he been Deaf, she would have been quite a bit out of luck since her sign language was limited to finger spelling - and that was on good days. All but running to bridge the remaining gap between the two, she skidded to a halt so as to not ram into him.
"Oh, good, I need to ask you a few ques-" Her words stopped short, mouth clamping shut as her eyes bugged out of her head when foreign words came out of his mouth.

Oh no. Ohhh no no no no, I knew Johto was far from Unova, but they speak a different language?! The letter said nothing about that! The panic on her face must have been evident, or at least the man noticed his mistake, because when he corrected himself she calmed hearing familiar words. The way he pronounced syllables and letters sounded funny to her, and secretly she hoped all of her classmates spoke this way. That would more than make up for the bizarre rules at this place! When he spoke, she turned her head slightly and lifted some of her hair, straining to hear him better. Brows furrowing, she realized she was having difficulty making out what he was trying to tell her.

When he finished speaking, she was frowning at the man and still processing what she assumed he had said.
"You're... Mabin, right? And that's... Joe?" She repeated, pointing at the Chatot. Those two had sounded like names, and the Pokemon appeared to respond to, 'Joe.' "I am Teffia. Teh - Fia." The Gijinka spoke slowly, mistaking his accent and nervous attitude to be that he spoke little to no English. "This is Petal. Peh - tahl." Putting more emphasis in her pronunciation than necessary, she smiled proudly at how helpful she was being to someone she initially turned to for help. Petilil shook her head, wondering why Teffia was even simplifying her name. "Is this Ilex In-sti-tute?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff