Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

On the surface, Freelancer Academy seems like your normal everyday private academy... but this couldn't be farther from the truth. Just as it sounds, the purpose of this academy is to train people to become Freelancers. Out of every one hundred people, there's only a 0.5 percent chance that one of those people will be born as a Freelancer. Freelancers are our only hope to combat the threat of the Blanks. Blanks, are soulless monsters that thrive off of negative energy and emotions so their only purpose and drive is to insight and cause as much chaos as possible. Most things can be contributed to be the cause of Blanks. Mass murders, environmental disasters, acts of tyranny, acts of depravity, and even wars. They are invisible to normal people, but Freelancers are born with a hyper-sensitivity that allows them to see and hear Blanks. But that's not all Freelancers have to aid them in their fight against the Blanks. In order to effectively destroy Blanks, since normal weapons have no effect on them, Freelancers have to use their unique power that they possess from birth and can draw from at any time if they have the sufficient will to do so. This power is called their "Semblance" and every Freelancer's Semblance is only unique to that one Freelancer. For the past centuries, the war between Freelancers and Blanks has been fought in secret and kept hidden from the normal world. It was the ancient Freelancers of old that determined that others alike them would come and in order to better aid the future generations of Freelancers to come, they constructed a special school for them to help them better realize their full potential. This is Freelancer Academy, welcome!
R u l e s

1. Follow Gaia TOS
2. I am the owner, I'm pm friendly. Throw me your questions, comments, concerns, or even suggestions. If you're having issues with another member, again, pm me and I'll take care of it. If I'm not online, please be patient until I am and have looked at your complaint.
3. Romance, Violence, and Drama are very much encouraged. However, bear in mind that you need to keep things appropriate, no one wants to get banned. If sex does happen, please time-skip. Also, swearing is fine but don't make it every other word. Not everyone's a sailor.
4. Please be literate, no chat-speak. The minimum is 2 paragraph per post where the max is 4. No writer's block excuses, please. You can type 2 paragraphs, I know you can! 3nodding
5. You should also know the drill on OOC, actions, dialogue, everything must be done in 3rd person. Also, you can have as many characters as you can handle.
6. You can decorate your posts as you like. I'll ask that you make your character text in no lower than 9 font and no higher than 12. No page stretching, no over-sized pictures, no eye cancer-inducing colored font.
7. No posting until I have accepted your profile, send them to me, CrescentValentine. Title the PM - I Want To Break Free
8. Be active. Inactivity I will not tolerate. If you're gone for three days without a word, your profile will be deleted and your spot will become open. I realize everyone has a life but try to post a few times a day. Don't join and never post, don't join post one then leave, don't just leave. If you need to because of RL problems or whatever, send a pm my way and let me know. I'm not gonna eat your soul if you can't continue... maybe -starts charging beam-scythe just in case-
9. I think that's it. I can and will add more rules if need be.
Profile Skeleton

[img]pretty picture of your character here. anime pics only please and NO HUGE AND BLOATED pics please[/img]
Who are you?: (your character's name, first and last)
What is your Age?: (hm? lets keep it teens to mid teens to early 20's here)
What is your Gender?: (male? female?... both!? Or neither!? JUST WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU!?)
Choose Your Weapon: (as stated above, "normal" weapons are ineffective against Blanks, but a Freelancer's weapon is enhanced and strengthened naturally by their Semblance)
What is your Semblance?: (No two Semblance's are alike, everyone's power is only unique to them AND NO ONE ELSE! Your Semblance can literally be anything. Ranging from polarity a.k.a. magnetism to getting stronger with every hit taken)
What do you like to do?: (your character's likes and hobbies)
What do you fear most?: (your character's fears)
What year are you?: (1st Year? 2nd? 3rd? 4th? The upperclassmen, 3rd & 4th years have more training and experience making them generally more powerful than their lower classmates)
What is your tune?: (what song describes you best)
Who am I, really?: (your username)
Accepted FreeCadets

User Image
Who are you?: Ryland Quinton
What is your Age?: 16
What is your Gender?: Male
Choose Your Weapon: Twin Swords
What is your Semblance?: Um... It's a... it's... uuuhhh... I forgot! Ow! What you hit me with a book for!? Fine! It's Strength, okay! You happy now!? My real power is a secret.
What do you like to do?: Music, singing, cooking, cute girls, relaxing, Autumn and Winter, and... -drools- reaaaally cute girls
What do you fear most?: Snakes, hot guys, that powerless feeling of not being able to do anything to protect those I care about... and personally, I hate Summer or just hot weather in general. When it gets hot, just kill me already
What year are you?: This will be my First Year here at FA!
What is your tune?: Imagine Dragons - Monster
Who am I, really?: CrescentValentine

User Image
Who are you?: Elliot Parks
What is your Age?: 18 years. I failed a few grades. So what...
What is your Gender?: Male.
Choose Your Weapon: The Chakram.
What is your Semblance?: Magnetism.
What do you like to do?: Blast some music, play video games, watch television, be a lazy couch potatoe. Stare off into space. Scavenge the comic book store. Eat junk food.
What do you fear most?: Homework. Never passing. My Mother's wrath. Going deaf. Silence in general. Public speaking. Being put into any kind of role where I have to take leadership.
What year are you?: Second year.
What is your tune?: Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)
Who am I, really?: Mr_Rebus_Crux

User Image
Who are you?: Clover Redryn
What is your Age?: 15
What is your Gender?: Female
Choose Your Weapon: Large Kusarigama
What is your Semblance?: Intangibility
What do you like to do?: Clover loves video games as a past time (and some television), she'll spend a portion of her day working out (mostly weights and yoga). You can really win her over with some traditional dancing. She enjoys aquariums and theme parks if she can find a chance to visit either. She is pretty basic with simple needs, enjoying whatever thrill she can get. She enjoys physical science (Chemistry, physics ect.)
What do you fear most?: Being in the ocean, ironically. Doesn't mind pools and most shallow places.
What year are you?: 1st
What is your tune?: Little Wonders
Who am I, really?: CaptainXXMorgan

User Image
Who are you?: Arya Whisperwind
Choose Your Weapon: Longbow and arrows
What is your Semblance?: Air Control
What do you like to do?: Nature, guys, archery, tracking, hunting, camping, helping, looking a bit like an elf, animals.
What do you fear most?: Fire, missing a shot, her bowstring snapping, being trapped underground, being alone.
What year are you?: 1st Year
What is your tune?: Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne
Who am I, really?: Shadow_DarkPhoenix

User Image
Who are you?: Natsu Getsu/Fuyu Getsu
What is your Age?: 17
What is your Gender?: Male (yes both of them)
Choose Your Weapon: 8 wire controlled Kunai
What is your Semblance?:Pyrokinesis/Cryokinesis
What do you like to do?: despite their differences in personalities they both like the same things to a degree. Those things being cooking/baking, video games, writing. Differ on girls, making new friends, studying, and learning
What do you fear most?: bugs, tests, girls, and cramped spaces
What year are you?: 1st
What is your tune?: I Love/You Suck - Reel Big Fish
Who am I, really?: Korosenai

User Image
Who are you?: Sofia Varis
Choose Your Weapon: Magical Staff
What is your Semblance?: Alchemy, excelling in powerful bombs and potions
What do you like to do?: Working on brews, flowers, hot guys, being with friends, shopping, being in the forest, woodland creatures, flowers
What do you fear most?: Explosions, fire that's out of control, being alone, failed potions
What is your tune?: Where Are You? What Are You Doing? - B.A.P
Who am I, really?: Rokkington

User Image
Who are you?: Rebecka "Beck" Shoalcraft
What is your Age?: 17.5 years. But my fake I.D. says I'm 21.
What is your Gender?: Bite me. Seriously, I'm a damn chick, you moron. Just because I have short hair and lack huge tits automatically makes me look like a dude, huh? Screw you.
Choose Your Weapon: Ink Brush
What is your Semblance?: Creation
What do you like to do?: Train, run until I can't take it, Doodle aimlessly on occasion, look at magazines and troll the web, boss around underclassmen, and organize club events. Strategize how to succeed the President..or I guess in the least be top in my graduating class. Then I'll show her. I'll show all of you!
What do you fear most?: Rejection, ridicule, failure, anyone seeing under my mask, and succumbing to the Darkness. None of those foolish fears like others. I have seen many horrors in my life, and for each I have overcome...I have been stronger for it. So suck it!
What year are you?: I am a Fourth year. Cripes you don't jack do you?!!
What is your tune?: Lie ✦ by Circus P ✦ (Cover)【JubyPhonic】
Who am I, really?: iNk_mAy

User Image
Who are you?: Robin Wright
Choose Your Weapon: Twin Pistols ( bullets are charged by electricity )
What is your Semblance?: electrokinesis
What do you like to do?: Reading , sleeping, painting, shooting practice, listening to music, playing the violin
What do you fear most?: Fire, going insane, falling in love, clowns
What is your tune?: Nano-Hysteria
Who am I, really?: kanashii oni

User Image
Who are you?: Sen Yousei
What is your Gender?: Male(Androgynous)
Choose Your Weapon: Boomerang(The pain from the last person I healed is stored in my weapon, then unleashed upon my foe.)
What is your Semblance?: Empathic Healing(I transfer your pain to myself while healing your wound. Depending on the severity of the wound the pain I feel is multiplied and I feel numb in the area that was healed.)
What do you like to do?: Boys, Snow, Organizing and Cleaning, Candy and Sweets(Baked Goods!), Eating, Playing Multiplayer Games(boardgames,video games,mind games), Classical Music.
What do you fear most?: Rain, Starving, Death, Healing Someone Who Has Lost A Limb, Complete Darkness.
What year are you?: 2nd Year
What is your tune?: Life by Desree
Who am I, really?: SageKage

User Image
Who are you?: Silan Blackwood
What is your Age?: 18
What is your Gender?: I'm a guy numbnuts, make fun of my hair and I'll break you in half.
Choose Your Weapon: Double-Axe
What is your Semblance?: Teleportation
What do you like to do?: Combat, Training, Bears, Cats, Good tea, Rainy days, The sight of blood, has a soft spot for pretty girls
What do you fear most?: Intimacy, Losing the will to fight, Being alone
What year are you?: 4th
What is your tune?: World on Fire - Slash
Who am I, really?: Largo MrOcelot

User Image
Who are you?: Nyhil Dakkar
Choose Your Weapon: Bone Claws
What is your Semblance?:
Body Control/Augmentation - Nyhil is able to augment his body, flesh, blood, bone, to a cellular level. Allowing him to make all manner of alterations to himself with incredible ease - albeit likely in a way that most watching would be disturbed by. In this way he can grow bone at a swift rate around his hands, extending claws that he can use on Blanks. He can make his blood acidic, or allow his teeth to grow into fangs capable of injecting poison. He could 'grow' himself wings, or other extra appendages - the amount of uses is rather incredible. However, his dependence on his own flesh and bone leaves him in need of sustenance, he requires blood and meat as well as high levels of calories to keep up his ability to augment himself with ease. He can also augment others but it takes much longer and will similarly leave them hungry. He can choose to have them feel pain or not when he augments others.
What do you like to do?: Cook. Given his constant need for sustenance he's taken up cooking and rather enjoys it.
What do you fear most?: Attacking a person. Given his need for food he most fears using his abilities to the point that he would bite to feed from the blood of a living person.
What year are you?: 3rd
What is your tune?: Bad Apple
Who am I, really?: Somber Ash

User Image
Who are you?: Mavis Heron
Choose Your Weapon: Twin Daggers, along with her body
What is your Semblance?: Aura Manipulation. Able to channel her aura into an orb that she can launch; able to channel her aura into either her arms, legs or spread through her body to increase her strength (arms), speed (legs) or agility (body) for five minutes; able to sense other people's aura.
What do you like to do?: Guys, friends, sparing, helping, having fun.
What do you fear most?: Death, being defeated, failing to help, perverts, darkness.
What year are you?: 3rd Year
What is your tune?: Stand By You - Marlisa

User Image
Who are you?: Silver Babylon
Choose Your Weapon: Two Chakrams
What is your Semblance?: Telekinesis
What do you like to do?: Help others, meditate, have fun, protect friends and allies, girls.
What do you fear most?: Being blocked, his mind being invaded, his friends being harmed, death, his inner demons, his past.
What year are you?: 2nd Year
What is your tune?: Demons - Imagine Dragons

User Image
Who are you?: Ezekiel Keenan
What is your Age?: I'm Nineteen years young. (Hey I moved around a lot of schools, papers got lost, s**t happens to all of us)
What is your Gender?: I'm a guy, naturally.
Choose Your Weapon: Dual swords (naturally they are enhanced to battle Blanks)
What is your Semblance?: Kinetic Clairvoyance (Basically, when using his power Ezekiel can see a shadow of what is going to happen, an attack or falling rocks, things like that, a second or so before it happens. <<Can still be beat by pure speed though>>
What do you like to do?: Goofing of is always fun, Reading is okay I guess, Training is awesome too, also hanging out with friends.
What do you fear most?: I guess what everyone does, death, total solitude, overwhelming forces of the enemy, losing those close to me, or worst watching while being powerless to stop it.
What year are you?: 2nd year
What is your tune?: Warriors - Imagine Dragons
Who am I, really?: Damon DeUmbras

User Image
Who are you?: Aviana Sakura
What is your Gender?: Um, excuse me, but I'm a maid girl!
Choose Your Weapon: As a maid, my weapon of choice is of course... My broom! Tee hee, it's actually a concealed naginata though and underneath that naginata exterior hides a high impact sniper rifle hehehe. Shh, don't tell anybody!
What is your Semblance?: Magic Shields/Barriers
What do you like to do?: Cooking, Cleaning, Organizing, Polishing, Driving, about any chore that you can think of, finding a worthy master, fulfilling my duties as my master's maid and serving them
What do you fear most?: being unfit or unable to serve my master, not being able to find a master, no jobs for a maid like me to do, being rejected by my master
What year are you?: This is my 3rd Year here are Freelancer Academy
What is your tune?: Utada Hikaru ~ Simple And Clean
Who am I, really?: CrescentValentine

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Who are you?: Zareth Eireann
What is your Gender?: Male, of course.
Choose Your Weapon: Metal Claws and Gun
What is your Semblance?: Necromatic Strengthening, can also commune with spirits.
What do you like to do?: I'm more of a silent guy. Quite frankly, I don't know you people so for now lets just say I like to read and train.
What do you fear most?: I don't know you enough to talk about what I fear.
What year are you?: 3rd
What is your tune?: Papa Roach ~ Scars
Who am I, really?: SorrowFang

User Image
Who are you?: Sam Wagner
What is your Age?: 19. What do you mean I look younger? Shut up!
What is your Gender?: Big strong manly guy here
Choose Your Weapon: A modified boombox. It's pretty hard to break and I can strap it to my chest or back
What is your Semblance?: Sonic wave manipulation
What do you like to do?: I love listening to music, playing video games and goofing off with awesome people. Training can be fun too, but I wouldn't call myself the hard-working type
What do you fear most?: Rejection and failure
What year are you?: 4th year
What is your tune?: Speed Of Sound by Coldplay
Who am I, really?: rowlaus
Ranks
After evaluation, in FA, students of each year are divided into four classes based off their skill. A, B, C, and D. A, being for the most talented and D, being for the weakest.

1st Year
Natsu/Fuyu Getsu - Class A
Clover Redryn - Class B
Robin Wright - Class B
Arya Whisperwind - Class C
Ryland Quinton - Class D
Sophia Varis - Class D

2nd Year
Ezekiel "Zeke" Keenan - Class A
Silver Babylon - Class B
Sen Yousei - Class B
Elliot Parks - Class C

3rd Year
Aviana Sakura - Class A, Student Council Secretary
Nyhil Dakkar - Class B
Zareth Eireann - Class B
Mavis Heron - Class C

4th Year
Sam Wagner - Class A
Rebecka "Beck" Shoalcraft - Class B, Student Council Vice President, currently "acting" President
Silan Blackwood - Class C

Dorms
All students attending Freelancer Academy live in the Dorm during their time spent here. Each dorm room holds up to three people and are co-ed. Each dorm comes already fully furnished. The students are allowed to decorate their respective rooms however they want, but they will have to remove these decorations at the end of the year since they'll be moving to a new room the next year. Also, each dorm comes with a connected bathroom and their tub/shower combos all come with privacy curtains.

1st Year
1 - Ryland Quinton, Natsu/Fuyu Getsu, Sofia Varis
2 - Clover Redryn, Arya Whisperwind, Robin Wright

2nd Year
1 - Silver Babylon, Sen Yousei, Elliot Parks
2 - Ezekiel "Zeke" Keenan, vacant, vacant

3rd Year & 4th Year
3rd and 4th year students share mixed dorms
1 - Nyhil Dakkar, Mavis Heron, Silan Blackwood
2 - Rebecka "Beck" Shoalcraft, Aviana Sakura, vacant
3 - Zareth Eireann, Sam Wagner, vacant
Updates

Hm?... No biggies have happened yet so for now there's nothing to put here.

Whitelist

Only the bestest of the bestest get to go here!

Blacklist

YAY! It's empty!... For now. So lets keep it that way!
Warning! Warning!
A Blank has appeared!

Alert level: Reserve Space
Warning! Warning!
A Blank has appeared!

Alert Level: Reserve Space
Warning! Warning!
Blank Alert! Blank Alert!

Alert Level: Reserve Space
And now this RP is officially
OPEN!
User Image
Ryland Quinton
First Year FA Student

I get the feeling just because
everything I touch isn't dark enough

"But Headmaster! You can't be serious about accepting him!?".

"But I am".

"But why!? The past three schools he's gone to he's completely destroyed! He has no concern or care for our cause! We've nearly exhausted every resource as it is just containing and covering up those incidents to continue keeping this war hidden from the normals!".

"...That's exactly why".

Silver eyes looked straight ahead of him as he walked towards the campus ground of Freelancer Academy, what would be his new home for the next four years. Brimming with a happy smile on his face, even if it was a little hot. Thank god the new semester is starting at the end of summer! I don't think I could take this heat much longer. And it probably didn't help that he was carrying literally a truck load of stuff as if doing a one-man camping trip worth of stuff on his back, but it didn't seem to affect or slow him down much or at all. Carrying all his stuff over to the office building, he was told where the entrance ceremony for arriving first years would take place. Naturally, it was in the auditorium, though it had another purpose in the school too for him to discover a little later. Stepping back out the building, he looked up to the sky above. It was a nice and bright day out, the sky was so full of blue, and the white clouds looked so puffy and full of joy themselves as they slowly skirted on by. "Alright, it feels like nature is telling me that good things are coming ahead for me. I'm going to tackle this day head on with my head held high then!".

Ryland set his stuff down for only a moment and fetched his I-pod out from his pocket and plugged in his ear buds and hit the shuffle button. As the music flowed into his ears and his thoughts, he bobbed his head up and down as he became so engrossed in the song that he could not resist belting out the words and singing them out in the open as he walked towards the auditorium. Actually, he got so into the music that he unconsciously grabbed hold of a girl's hands that he was passing by and continued to sing and pull her along with him in his music-motivated dance. "I break tradition. Sometimes my tries. Are outside the lines. Yeah, yeah. We've been conditioned. To not mistakes. But I can't live that way! Staring at the blank page before you. Open up the dirty window. Let the sun illuminate the words that you cannot find. Reaching for something in the distance. So close you can almost taste it. Release your inhibitions. Feel the rain on your skin. No one else can feel it for you. Only you can let it in. No one else, no one else. Can speak the words on your lips. Drench in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten!" Ryland's voice belted out the words to the song joyfully before he finally realized it himself. The fact that he had been dragging some along this whole time!

"Oh, sorry! Sorry!" he apologized quickly and let go of the girl's hands and looked to who he had been pulling along, though it was hard to believe he hadn't this whole time during that singing bit. She had long and beautiful light auburn hair and gorgeous doe brown eyes. Actually... now that I get a good look at her. She's really pretty! Then, Ryland's eyes lit up like stars and he seemed totally different from before as he did his best to take up a confident pose. "It must be fate" he said, even though it was clearly his own doing, as he brushed some of his bangs over his forehead out with the flick of his hand. "Yes! Our union today can not be coincidence! It must be the fates at work, I am sure of it!". And for no apparent reason, Ryland somehow suddenly produced a red rose as he knelt down on one knee, holding the girl's hand in his and offering up the rose to her with the other. "Please. With our destinies entwined. Marry me and stay with me forever" he asked. Even if the girl thought he was joking, he was actually being completely serious despite the fact that he did not even know the name of the girl he was asking to share the rest of her life with him.

I've turned into a monster
... and it keeps getting stronger

The Mayall Object
Jemma Seele. Hope you don't mind the little appearance description I gave.
User Image ► If he bothered to notice, he would have seen that more of the first years and other students had made their way towards the main building. But he didn't. the world around him was being drowned out at a near deafening roar from the ear buds lodged in his ears. One leg was bent so he could drape his arm over his knee and the other was laid straight out making it a tripping hazard to any who might venture near. His eyes were closed as he let the music drown out all of his anxieties. His mother had all but read him the right act once again. But this time she was deadly serious. He had one last year to pass or he was out on his a**. She just couldn't take it from him anymore. Not that he blamed her. It wasn't that he was completely an idiot, he just didn't have the drive to make any sort of an effort. His dark eyes opened only enough to take in some of the visual surroundings.
Another semester at this place. At least it is minimally better than a regular high school. If only for the fact that he was able to live on campus and not have to deal with glares and lectures and constant vigilance from his mother. " Apply yourself! For the love of everything would you give a freaking minute of consideration as to your future!" That always cracked him up about her. She'd never use any serious profanities, but instead always had substitutes. Like she even understands. She practically leapt for joy when I was first accepted here. She doesn't even know.

► Something caught his interest and he nodded his head upwards. Some silver haired kid was making a bee-line for another student and began some kind of theatrics. Elliot had to snicker a bit and moved with a grumble and a grunt of sorts to his feet. No way. There's no way in hell he is seriously pulling that kind of stunt. Moving his thumb along the mp3's volume control he turned the volume down but left his ear buds in. He only wanted to observe the scene, not be approached or spoke to.
The kid somehow suddenly brought out a red rose as he knelt down on one knee, holding the girl's hand in his "Please. With our destinies entwined. Marry me and stay with me forever"
"Holy crap. You've got to be kidding me.", he mumbled in a low monotone bass. That was the funny thing about Elliot he hardly ever emoted anything unless it really had his vested interest, and frankly not much could get him that riled. Should I...do something? A small snort of sorts sounded as he moved to cover his smirk and snubbed his nose with his hand. Screw that. Seems like we're all going to get a free show. Poor b*****d. Looks unfamiliar. So he must be a first year, and she...well she's a year ahead of me. Yeah. This outghta' be entertaining.

CrescentValentine
Just creepin' watching

The Mayall Object
Observing. Noticed. Whatever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items