• Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
[ B r i a rS t r a u s s ]

*but now i lift my head to denounce your reign
*i gaze into the endless space and the stars that planets speak
*come into a place where our hearts can breathe

User Image
[ OutOfCyanide :: Hello. ]

»indentingShe had promised herself that she would stay up and watch the sunrise early in the morning. But unfortunately the enticing concept of rest had lured her around at three o’clock in the morning. She had previously read a few short horror stories late last night and it wasn’t until she had wrapped up the last one that she thought to watch the orange glaze the sky before the others. It was her way of soothing her nerves before her first day of college.
          Obviously she had failed in this endeavor.

The drapes were pulled to the side, letting in the sun’s light touch where the darkness once stood in all parts of her room. Her body was slumped over the sill, her head buried in the small cross of her arms. Her hood was up, and her eyes were closed for her eyes were still untouched by the light. As the puncturing sound of her alarm went off, her face rose to the glory of the sun with a strong impression of the new day. She blinked slowly as she tossed the book she read before bed to her alarm, hearing the sound of a loud clink and a thud before the bells ceased. Now it was quiet.

Briar rolled herself off of her bed and dragged herself to the bathroom, where she took a total of five minutes to use the latrine and brush her teeth. Then the fun part of the morning came: brushing her hair. The girl pulled back her hood and removed her jacket, lazily letting it fall on the floor. She looked into her reflection while clumsily reaching her brush. Her peach hair streamed down her back all the way to her ankles. At times she joked to herself how long it has become by saying that her hair has morphed into an everyday cape. This usually took up most of her morning prep time. With long hair like hers, it takes a while to smooth it out and to make sure all the tangles got out.

Twenty minutes of going through her hair, Briar walked out of that bathroom with her jacket back on but her hood down. She stood in the hall between the door to the halls and the bathroom, staring at the entrance. Being that it was morning, her stomach called her for sustenance ever since she had awoken. Usually when hunger becomes an issue, people typically deal with it without having to think of the alternative. But here she was, standing and thinking about her hunger and why she didn’t want to have to go to the cafeteria. Large crowds always made the peach haired girl uncomfortable, ever since she was a little girl. She was never good around people to begin with. Just the mere thought of a well sized crowd would put her into a state of nausea that would spoil her appetite. At the moment, she had two choices: starve or face the crowds.

Her attention went down to her stomach, hearing its loud plead for food. With a heavy sigh, she knew her stomach had a majority in this decision. The girl pulled up her hood, concealing her face from those eyes accustomed to judgment. Briar slipped on a pair of shoes by the doorway and left her sanctuary behind to head down to the cafeteria.

forl o c a t i o n :: Dorm Halls
          fort h o u g h t s :: I need food...
          forc o m p a n y :: Nobody

Dapper Darling

User Image
☆═━┈┈━═☆
Nelec ▷▶Kid◀◁ Kors
☆═━┈┈━═☆

Kid was looking forward to her first year at the new school but she was also nervous. She hadn't been around others who had extra abilities and her own power had gotten to the point where she had to concentrate while walking in order to not start floating off into space. It was annoying to say the least. It made her feel insecure, like she didn't know what she was doing and wasn't able to control her own body. Insecure? What are you? A pansy? She was indeed not a pansy! Go cry home to your mom. Boohoo, I can't keep my feet on the ground. Sometimes she hated her inner person. Especially when it mocked her. Though, the thoughts in her head weren't wrong. She couldn't go on feeling like some weakling simply because she could...you know, not control the gravitational forces around her.

What am I even doing here. More so, how did I pass the background check, she wondered; still stuck in her head as she made her way across campus. She had been on site for a couple of days now as she had arrived early in order to get her room set up. The task had been more simple than anticipated. At the moment she was suppose to be making her way toward class but had become lost as she zoned out then realized she had taken a wrong turn at some point. After trying to find her way, and not succeeding, she decided to wander aimlessly until she arrived at a point of origin. Now she was lost in her thoughts again as she walked and paid no attention to her surroundings; which resulted in an awkward chain of events.

One moment Kid was minding her own business and the next...SMACK! It felt like she had been hit by a truck. One side of her body was in dire pain and she would have been knocked to the ground if the sudden blow hadn't messed up her concentration. Instead of falling, she started floating. Her body was slightly curled in on itself as she held her right arm and had her eyes closed. She waited for her arm to stop feeling like it had been broken before opening her eyes and realizing she wasn't on the ground anymore. She had floated a good distance by that point and made efforts to ground herself again; which including flailing legs, arms and any other ridiculous movement that may bring her closer to the ground. In the end, she made contact with the Earth in her usual way. All of a sudden she just dropped. She landed with a rather harsh thud as her body met the hard surface of concrete. The impact warrant her laying on the ground on her back groaning for a good minute. She only raised her head long enough to see what had hit her in the first place; a female with blonde hair. “Way to not pay attention,” she managed to choke out though was talking to herself. After a moment, she started the pain staking process of picking herself up off the ground. "Are you all right?" she asked the other as she got to her feet. Upon making it to a complete standing position, she dust her skirt off then turned glaring eyes to the ones who saw the accident and were still observing. "The hell are you looking at?" she inquired non too politely before rolling her eyes and walking over to the white haired girl to see if she as still alive. Talk about an embarrassing first day.

OOC:
Thoughts: Ouch.....
Outfit: XX

RumJackPirate
User Image
All of you who cannot dance or sing
Just look at us to learn a couple things
We're bobbin to the music music
This song is groovy groovy

Jasmine Karim

Jasmine had been running around campus more or less aimlessly since four in the morning. She had originally told herself that she would be trying to familiarize herself with the layout, but after spending a week here with nothing much to do at night, she already knew the important buildings and she couldn't get that invested in memorizing the location of every irrelevant hall she would probably never take a class in. So her careful search had quickly devolved into meandering. But it's not like there was much to do at four in the morning; most of the campus was still in bed.

A little after six, more people started to come out of their dorms and apartments, which Jasmine took as a signal to head back to hers. The day was starting for real now, and that meant that she should get ready for it. A shower was in order, as was a change of clothes--she did not want to go to her first class in a tank top and pajama bottoms. So she made her way back to the Alder Apartments with minimal wandering, got cleaned up, and after some consideraton selected a white and blue ensemble. It seemed slightly more formal for some reason. She was about to leave, but stopped with her fingers inches from the door handle. She leaned against the wall and pulled a phone out of her pocket.

"...X...X...hi mom.
...X...oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake him.
...well put him on and I'll apologize.
...X...hi dad, I--"

A noise somewhere between a snore and a growl emerged from the phone, and Jasmine jerked her ear away from it, holding back a giggle.

"...X...okay. Sorry. Love you. Can you put mom back on?
...X...X...X...hi again.
...X...no, no classes yet, but they start later today.
...X...oh, you know, math. Always has to be a math course hasn't there?
...X...not for a few hours. I tried to take lots of morning courses but ended up with a couple of late starts.
...X...yeah. I was just calling to say hi. Say I love you both. Say that... I miss you.
...X...I am too allowed to miss you after just a week. And also I guess I'm a little worried still. I just wanted to make sure you're both okay.
...X...okay. Okay. Love you too. Ta."

Jasmine slipped the phone back in her pocket. She had called them every day since she'd arrived at Foxbrook, and had every intention of calling them every day for the rest of her education. Maybe the rest of her life.

Althought it was a few hours till her first class, the fact that more people were awake and about meant that there were actually things to do. As something of a last minute transfer, she'd spent most of her days in the office sorting out her tuition and class schedule and housing and all of that, and little or no time making friends. So today she headed straight for the student union.

Straight, at least, until she came across a couple of red-headed boys in her path, one of them dragging the other. At that point she decided that rather than skirting around them, which would have been easy, it would be more challenging and therefore more fun to weave between them. Speeding up from a light jog to a full on sprint, she dove under the arm by which one boy was dragging the other, barely ruffling their clothes in the process. It was an exhilerating triumph for a split second before she lost her balance and tumbled off the path into the grass. She stared up at the sky, slightly dizzy.

Company: Ginger boys
Color Scheme: White and blue
Soundtrack: Trance EDM

Come on everybody just tap tap twist your body
XXXXXXXXXX(LOUDER)
No matter what you try you'll never be able to top me, sorry
Should we bring it like a pro?
Nilili mambo

RumJackPirate

Octypie's Husband

Deathly Demigod

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Ti ringrazio, caro bene
Amore mio, vita mia
Al grave doler, al buio timore
Che il cuore mi turbò

She had found her first class. This...this was an important victory for Aria. More importantly she had a cup of coffee a scone with her. Actually it was her second scone. ... ... Okay it was her fourth, but she was a tiny little thing and could pack them away easily. ... ... Okay so she had two with her, but no one was around to see her being a complete pork.

She had found her classroom to be blissfully empty when she arrived, already tired from running around with the kits. She wasn't really awake or ready to deal with the general school population yet. Not a chance in heck. So she was quite glad to be alone. She had chosen a desk and set her messenger bag at her feet, fully intending to enjoy the rest of her breakfast in the silence. Darnit, Conner wasn't wrong when he said that stuff about seven o'clock and her stomach. Here it was, seven-oh-two (according to her nifty new phone) and already she was bag deep in breakfast land.

It was almost a scowl that crossed her lips. Almost. Let's face it, Aria's face just didn't work that way. The best she could manage was a wistful sigh and an ever-so-slightly grumpy nibble of the scone, followed by a somehow less grumpy sip of coffee. ...followed by a completely unintentional sigh of utter joy at the taste. Someone knew their stuff over at that little cafe....shop...thing she had discovered in one of the buildings.

She made a mental note to go exploring at some point in the future.

Just...not too soon. She didn't mind walking around with her eyes glued to her map yet, especially since it meant that the other students more or less left her alone. Of course there had been that overly helpful boy who had stopped her, and wouldn't take 'No I can find my way' for an answer. At least he left her at the coffee place and didn't follow her to math class too. Perhaps it had to do with her body language?

Cringing away from any touch might give the impression that one does not wish to be in that same space as you after all. Maybe.

Aria shook her head softly, soft bangs bouncing across her face, and tried to put the incident out of her mind. It had taken all she had to not call Conner right then and there and beg to come back home. She wanted to make him proud, for one, and for another she was kind of scared the boy would demand her phone number if she had taken out her phone.

Now she was scowling a smidge as she continued taking small bites of her scone. That was the thing with overly friendly people. They didn't know the word 'gentle'. Didn't they realize that some people needed to be treated with kid gloves? Not everybody came from well-adjusted backgrounds where they thought it was okay to be so....close to complete strangers. Or....was that even a mark of being well-adjusted? To Aria it sounded more like a mark of growing up not knowing common sense....

Another sip of coffee as she tried to think of something new. Heading down that path would either cause bad memories to surface or a complete logic loop of doom. She wanted no part of either, thanks.

Idly she ran her index finger around the top of her coffee cup, humming softly to herself. If she was being completely and utterly honest with herself, she was kind of excited. To learn anyway. Before Conner's education kick last year she hadn't gotten much in the way of schooling. When she was a child she had been homeschooled, and when Erik entered her life---

No. Nonononononono. Noooooo. Sip your coffee. Good girl. Are you hands shaking? Shhh. Shh. It's okay. He was taken care of. Mr. Bursallo and Miss Meiling had seen to that. He has no impact on you now. Take another sip. ...One more. Good. Try to think of something happier.

Aria reached up with still trembling fingers and touched her eye patch softly. One shaky breath....then another....and she found that she was able to concentrate on her surroundings again. That was good.

Eeeeeexcept she could hear footsteps in the otherwise empty space. Great. Here she was narrowly dodging panic attacks and someone was about to intrude on her. Hopefully it wasn't that boy from before.

Please don't let it be that boy from before.

Dolcemente, con amore
Hai risposto al mio gridare
Per sempre ognor, per sempre ognor
Qui a me, t'attender

━━━━━━━━━━
What's on your mind, little song~? Scone~ >>>>> Scary boys >>>>> Nonononono >>>>> Please don't come in here....
But what is in your heart~? Hungry >>>>> Tiny grump >>>>> Edge of panic >>>>> Calming slowly
Did you go somewhere new~? Lehrer Hall
And did you meet some new friends~? Way too many thoughts
Gosh you dress so well~! ♪♪♪
It's a tiny solo you are~~ 5'4

━━━━━━━━━━

hydrophonics
I wasn't sure if Milan had actually reached Lehrer Hall yet in your post until like just now. XD Up to you if these are his footsteps Aria hears. <3

Dapper Raider

10,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

User Image

Well I'm just people watching
                                                  The other people watching me
                                                  And we're all people watching
                                                  The other people watching we

Calvin was having way too much fun with his brother. He delighted in leading the groggy readhead around campus. Heck, if he himself didn't need more coffee, he would have led the sleepyhead all around campus first. He was so absorbed in his own game of 'Drag the Cain' that he almost didn't realize a person jogging toward them...

No... sprinting.

This person was sprinting right toward them!

What was going on???

Aparently Cain had the same thoughts, for the sleepy boy tried to jerk his arm from his brother's grip as if she were going to charge right through their arms and break them.

But impact never came. The young woman wove right inbetween the boys' arms and came out on the other side. She seemed pleased with herself up until the moment she took a tumble into the soft green grass next to the sidewalk.

Calvin was the first to react. "Jeebles are you okay? That was some tumble!!!" He said. The red and purple haired boy finally let go of his brother's hand and scurried over to the girl, holding out a hand to help her up. "The name's Calvin! Calvin Loscano. This is my brother Cain!" he added.

Cain was less than pleased by this game. Now he was fully awake without the aid of caffeine. And this girl almost ran them over. Maybe he was over-reacting but once again, his givashitometer was broken. "What the hell was that about?" He growled.

Calvin shot his brother a reproachful glare. "Cain Fitzgerald Loscano! Manners! It was obviously just some fun!" He chided. His disapproving manner quickly changed again when he turned back to the girl. "Sorry 'bout him. He's just a sourpuss in the mornings."

We're as lonely as we wanted to be
                                                  We're all as lonely as we wanted to be
                                                  Just as lonely as we wanted to be
                                                  I'm just you, you're just me

Where are you now, young Wizard? School grounds ❉
                                                  Who's along for the journey? Calvin and some chick ❉
                                                  What's going on in that head of yours? What on earth was she doin? ❉
                                                  And does your heart agree with the brain? Grumpy ❉
                                                  You've always been a sharp dresser School~

Where are you bound, dancing boy? School grounds ✤
                                                  Who has joined you? Cain and a mystery lady~ ✤
                                                  So many things to think about! That was cool! We can turn that into a game~ ✤
                                                  Mostly happy, right? Happy, concerned, but happy ✤
                                                  Oh, you're always so stylish First Day of School!

Morathor
User Image

Jasmine Karim

Jasmine blinked, trying to focus. People were talking to her. Well, at her she supposed, since she was having a hard time focusing on the words. As accustomed as she was to running around, making sudden movements and sharp turns, the unexpected tumble seemed to have rattled her brain a bit. "Alright," she mumbled, hoping that was an acceptable reply to... whatever was being said. She shook her head in a vain effort to clear it. Then, she lifted her legs off the ground and above herself, before whipping them back forward and jumping to her feet.

"Sorry if I gave you a scare," she said to the boys. "I was just having a bit of fun. Are you both alright?" Of course, she hadn't even really touched them so they should have been, but it was still polite to ask.

Soundtrack: Trance EDM

XXXXXXXXXX(LOUDER)
Nilili mambo

RumJackPirate

Dapper Raider

10,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

User Image

Imagination is funny
                                                  It makes a cloudy day sunny
                                                  Makes a bee think of honey
                                                  Just as I think of you

Keaton had zeroed in on Ulfuric, the wolfaun was having the time of his life. Through gritted teeth, she pushed herself into a dead-on sprint. The amount of space between them was closing in. Ulfur was about 15 feet away now. Keaton let a beam of cyan aura shoot from her palm, long enough that it began to coil itself into a lasso. She planned on using it as a makeshift leash for the creature. She threw her hand that held the aura lasso, looking as though it would catch her target.

Except for the fact that someone or something collided with her.

Keaton was sent head over heels tumbling through the grass, getting herself covered in dirt and grass stains. The aura lasso disappeared like mist, and the young woman was left curled in a loose ball of... well.. Keaton.

It was at this point that Ulfuric stopped, turning to see his master lying down. Was this part of the game? No? No, she was hurt! "Momma!" He bounded toward her figure, sniffing her to make sure she hadn't kicked the bucket.

Bad move on his part. A cyan aura rope looped around his neck, and he was unable to pull away from it. The aura was latched on him like a leash and collar. "No fair no fair no fair!!! No play dead! Keats Cheats!" He whined.

"Quiet you.... ugnnnh... still mad at you. She said, pulling herself up. She looked at the other person she had run into, who had at this time floated down to the surface. Well, it started as floating, then it was an ungraceful fall. Keaton had to stifle a giggle. The other girl said something somewhat snarky, and Keaton couldn't tell if that was directed at herself or not. The young woman rubbed the back of her neck, somewhat embarrassed. "Uh.. sorry about that... I should be fine. Thanks. Sorry again. I was so focused on catching this bad little boy that I didn't see you." She said, glaring at Ulfur, who had the intelligence at this point and time to act like any pup in trouble; with head hanging low and his little fluff of a tail drooped. Big dark eyes looked up at them laden with apology.

"I'm sorry momma. Sorry lady." He whimpered.

Keaton smiled, closing her eyes and shaking her head. "It's ok. He says he's sorry." She said, unsure if the girl she smacked into could speak to animals. "I'm Keaton, by the way."

Imagination is silly
                                                  You go 'round willy nilly
                                                  For example I go around wanting you
                                                  And yet I can't imagine that you want me too.

ӝ Where are you off too, miss? School grounds ӝ
                                                  ӝ Anyone special along for the ride? Girl! Ulfuric. ӝ
                                                  ӝ Are they happy thoughts? ouch.... ӝ
                                                  ӝ Smiles, smiles, all the smiles. A bit pained. ӝ
                                                  ӝ An outfit perfect for whatever it is you're doing! First Day back ӝ

Heliko pylori

User Image
User Image
Leila Alvarado

It was still too early in the morning for her liking. Leila was not a morning person at all, oftentimes she said that she really didn't start to function properly until after noon. She stifled another yet another yawn before deciding she wasn't going to be able to skip the morning caffeine boost. She took a quick detour from her path to class in order to pass by the student store. Leila walked through the sliding glass doors and waved to the girls behind the cashiering counter. She had only been working at the student store for a week now but was on friendly enough terms with her co-workers. She was practically on autopilot now as she shuffled to the back of the store to the refrigerators. She grabbed an energy drink and on the way up to the register grabbed a chocolate bar. She just couldn't help herself, it was something sweet and she was going to need every little bit of help to stay awake. She paid and walked out the door without really saying a word.

On her way to class in Lehrer Hall, she opened the large aluminum can and slammed the contents. The effects of the caffeine were almost instantaneous as there was now a little more bounce to her step. She threw the empty can into the nearest recycle bin. That was something she loved about this school, recycle bins were everywhere. She continued on her way to the building while trying to hide the groan. Early in the morning and it was math class on the first day. It had been the only math class left open and she needed the class. Leila paused long enough to press the fast forward button on her ipod to skip an instrumental song she just wasn't in the mood to hear. Leila reached the door for her class and tested the knob. It wasn't locked so she let herself in.

It appeared that she wasn't the first to arrive. There was a girl there, she had violet hair and a blue eye. The other eye was covered by an eye patch. The girl's expression read like a cornered mouse. "Are you okay?" Leila asked, her tone was of genuine concern, as she walked toward a seat by the windows. Leila always took a window seat in class when one was available. She hated to feel trapped in the room, plus if offered a beautiful view when she needed to think. At the desk, Leila pulled out her text book, a blue mechanical pencil, and two notebooks.

Clearest Shadow

Dapper Raider

10,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

User Image

The red and purple haired twin shrugged it all off. "We're fine. Ya didnt' hurt us at all! Matter of fact I don't even think you touched us..." He said with a big grin. "Is this your first day here? I don't remember ever seeing you at school! Cain and I have been here since our freshman year of high school." He said.

Meanwhile, Cain was still in grumpland. The nerve of this girl. Thinking that running between two people is 'fun.' He had to admit she had some skill to weave through the two of them without touching either boy. Still. That was not something normal people do. His own thoughts caused a chuckle out of the grump. Normal. Hmph. Look who's talking? The only normal thing about us is we look human. he smiled a little. He supposed he shouldn't be such a mean guy. After all, they weren't hurt. Though she was pretty dizzy. "We're off to the Student union. Wanna join us for food before classes?" He asked.

Where are you now, young Wizard? School grounds ❉
                                                  What's going on in that head of yours? That was pretty reckless... ❉
                                                  And does your heart agree with the brain? Grumpy >>> Less grumpy ❉

Where are you bound, dancing boy? School grounds ✤
                                                  So many things to think about! She seems nice~ ✤
                                                  Mostly happy, right? Content ✤

Morathor
User Image

Jasmine Karim

"I was on my way to the student union too! I would love to go with you two." Of course, Jasmine had no intention of getting anything to eat but she would enjoy the company just the same. If they asked she would be perfectly honest and tell them that she wasn't hungry. In fact... at a school like this, she could probably be even more honest and say she didn't get hungry, and that wouldn't be suspicious.

Probably. Maybe she had better not bring it up. Fortunately, rather than getting caught up in what truths she could or should tell or hide, she could easily change the subject since the other brother (they were brothers, right?) had asked a question too.

"Yes, today is my first day of classes! Not my first day on campus, though. But I've still got a few hours till class. That's why I thought I'd go to the union, try to make some friends. And I seem to have gotten a head start, isn't that lucky."

Soundtrack: Bubblegum Pop

XXXXXXXXXX(LOUDER)
Nilili mambo

RumJackPirate

Octypie's Husband

Deathly Demigod

Ti ringrazio, caro bene
Amore mio, vita mia
Al grave doler, al buio timore
Che il cuore mi turbò

At least it wasn't the pushy boy. This was something Aria was grateful for. Still, it was someone who intruded on her silence, and her heartbeat steadily went up as the young woman moved over to a seat that was, thankfully, across the room. Aria had just started to breathe again when the young lady looked her way and asked if she was alright. Immediately, teeth gripped onto her lower lip as Aria struggled for a moment more before squeaking out,

"F-fine. J-just need a minute," she stammered a bit, but was actually kind of proud for answering at all. She lifted a hand to her eye patch and lightly pressed against it, and her eye. Somehow she felt calmer almost instantly as a warm feeling spread over her. The magic that she and Conner sort of....shared...was really quite amazing. Did he even know her emotional state right now, or was this the constant flow of his feelings? Aria really had no idea, but was grateful all the same. After a minute she felt like she'd be able to reassure the other student a little further and lowered her hand back to her coffee cup.

"I'm r-really fine," she said, voice quiet. She took a gulp and tried again, "R-really," there. That was a little louder. Not much but a little, and at least her voice didn't crack that time.

She took a sip from her cooling beverage and considered her options. Miss Meiling had suggested making friends while she was here. She could give it a try now. Conner would be super proud of her too if she spoke to someone of her own volition. The thought gave Aria just enough confidence to open her mouth in order to ask the other girl her name...

When the door opened and someone new walked in. Aria's mouth immediately shut and she became far too interested in her food, trying to finish the one and a half scones quickly, keeping an eye on the newcomer from behind a half-lidded eye. He was at the front of the class, was he the professor? Now Aria was curious, he looked incredibly young. But well....she had met some of the people under Mr. Bursallo's command and there were a couple immortals in the mix. She supposed this young man could be similar. Maybe he was thousands of years. Or maybe he was sixteen and just happened to be some kind of prodigy.

That....was kind of weird and comforting all at the same time.

Ohgod she was out of scone, and had in fact just taken a bite out of the paper bag. Ohgod. That was embarrassing. Maybe they didn't notice? Did they notice? They must have noticed. Ohgodohgod. Quickly she took the offending piece of paper out of her mouth and folded it into the bag which then went into her messenger bag with her various school supplies.

Maybe they hadn't noticed. The professor was saying something anyway, she should focus on that. Another soft chew of her lower lip as she was finally able to lift her gaze to the man.

Not only was he young looking, but he was far too skinny as well. Aria tilted her head slightly, concern being the first emotion to flicker across her features before her face went back to its normal neutral look that bordered on fear and/or embarrassment. She wondered, briefly, if he was like her before she had been taken in by the Bursallos. She gave the tiniest shake of her head, surely not. How could he be? There must have been some other factor at work here.

But then what was it? Aria sort of wished she hadn't eaten the other scone, she would have offered it to him.

As it was, he was asking them something and it took her a minute to work the question around in her brain-- too busy being nosy otherwise.

"J-just arrived...th-th-this week..." she said in the loudest voice she could produce. Which, because there were strangers there, was not loud in the slightest. Inwardly, Aria was grimacing, though it didn't show on her features at all, and she almost pressed her hand to her eyepatch again.

Dolcemente, con amore
Hai risposto al mio gridare
Per sempre ognor, per sempre ognor
Qui a me, t'attender

━━━━━━━━━━
What's on your mind, little song~? sdjfksdhkjfh
But what is in your heart~? Uneasy >> curious >> uneasy
Did you go somewhere new~? Lehrer Hall
And did you meet some new friends~? Fellow studen and professor
Gosh you dress so well~! ♪♪♪
It's a tiny solo you are~~ 5'4

━━━━━━━━━━

hydrophonics

kaliska-rayne
User Image
Leila Alvarado

“F-fine. J-just need a minute” replied the girl’s shaky voice.

“Alright,” Leila answered with a melodic tone that clearly showed she didn’t believe the girl’s words. She was not going to push the girl into talking about whatever was bothering her. If she had wanted to talk she would have done so at the invitation. The invitation to talk was still open and most likely would be for the rest of class. Leila opened one of her notebooks and stared at the blank page. She picked up a pencil and tapped the eraser against the open page. Before her was a snowy void waiting to have the words of a story, a poem, a creation of a character or a world to fill it. Normally she had so many ideas competing in her mind, a cacophony of voices clamoring to be heard. But right now, it was eerie silence. ’The one time I have free time to myself so I can write, and no ideas want to flow from the mind to the page. She thought mentally grumbling.

The girl across the room had made another attempt at convincing Leila that everything was alright but they were not any less shaky than her first attempt. Leila gave a simple nod to show she had heard the girl but again doubted what was said. Her appearance contradicted her words. If the girl had been a werebeast like Leila, the girl would have shifted form already. It had taken Leila a few years to master the ability to hold her human form when feeling uneasy. Looking away from the girl again she shrugged and began to look out the window. More kids were slowly starting to wander around campus.

A few minutes later, the classroom door opened and a young man walked in and dropped his bag onto the professor’s desk. Leila did a quick study of the spindly figure holding the book. As established from first glance but repeated in her head he was young, tall and thin, a mop of black hair that fell into his blue eye. Another one with an eye patch… is that something common on this campus? Leila briefly wondered. His tone was pleasant enough when he spoke to them.

The nervous girl had spoken first, her stuttering squeak seemed worse than when Leila had entered the room. I hope she knows that nobody here is going to bite her. she thought. Turning to look at the man at the desk she spoke. “Sorry, I tend to show up to my classes a little early so I’m certain I won’t be late. My name’s Leila Alvarado. I took a P.E. class over the Summer.”

Clearest Shadow

hydrophonics

Dapper Raider

10,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

User Image

Calvin smiled. "Ooh horay! It's always good to be ahead of schedule in things. Well, plans to make friends anyway. Anywhoodles, let's get to breakfast. " Calvin grabbed their hands and led the way, skipping to the Foxbrook Student Union. Upon stepping through the doors, he pointed to their designated table; a little corner booth. "Alright; we meet there after grabbing coffee and foods! Go!" He was too excited for food. Calvin was off like a shot toward the coffee kiosk.

Cain shrugged, sauntering toward the fruit and yogurt bar. He collected his meal, grabbed a cup of joe, and sat back at the table. Calvin wasn't too far behind, a tray laden with a latte, eggs, pancakes, bacon, and a giant bowl of fruit. So much for him eating light this morning. Meeting a new friend must have sparked his brother's appetite. "No scones for you then?" He asked with a bit of a chuckle.

Calvin shook his head before looking googley eyed at his food. Ah, glorious food! "Nope. Just remembered Advanced Dance teacher asked us to come filled with good foods that'll give us lots of energy. We start our routines and ballroom steps today." He said. Without another word, he tucked into his food.

Cain rolled his eyes. That boy and his dance.

A few minutes passed and Calvin looked up. How rude of him to have ignored the girl who sat with them. Well, food kind of had that effect over the skinny boy. "So, what's on the agenda for you, missy?" He said, swallowing a huge mouthful of pancakes.

Where are you now, young Wizard? School grounds >>> Cafeteria ❉
                                                  What's going on in that head of yours? Well, good to know she is new ❉
                                                  And does your heart agree with the brain? Hungry ❉

Where are you bound, dancing boy? School grounds >>> Cafeteria ✤
                                                  So many things to think about! She seems nice~ ✤
                                                  Mostly happy, right? Content ✤

Morathor
User Image

Jasmine Karim

When they got to the student union, the boys directed Jasmine to a table where they intended to sit, but she had no intention of sitting down and waiting for them. That could take minutes. Minutes! No, she would find something else to do. She didn't need any food but she could probably do with a drink. So, while the brothers were piling their plates high, she grabbed a bottle of water and headed over to the table. She still didn't sit until they arrived, preferring to pace back and forth.

Although she didn't interrupt their conversation, Jasmine couldn't help but be intrigued when Calvin mentioned advanced dance. Was that a club? A class? Was there still a chance to get in it? As something of a last minute transfer, she'd ended up with a semester full of fairly generic courses, courses that filled very universal requirements. Math, science, language, social studies, that sort of thing.

Jasmine was shaken when the boy addressed her as 'missy.' Missy? That was so... so... well it wasn't her name, that was for sure. And that was exactly the moment that she realized she hadn't told them her name. How had she not told them? Okay they hadn't actually told her their names, but they had called each other by name in her presence and that worked. "Not much of an agenda," she said. "Got some classes in a few hours, until then I'm pretty much just making it up as I go along. Oh and um..." There was really no way to do this that wasn't awkward, so she decided to suck it up and get the awkward out of the way as soon as possible. "My name is Jasmine. So, advanced dance? Is that a class? I haven't had much time to look over the class list."

Soundtrack: Bubblegum Pop

XXXXXXXXXX(LOUDER)
Nilili mambo

RumJackPirate

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items