Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Then you will be taking my class.I'm looking forward to it."Maso had smiled warmly and led the way to the back of the building.On their way though he gave the two merfolks a little tour of the place.Pointing and explaining each of the rooms they had passed.Even the room where the pool is.Until that is the reach the back doors.Like some type of gentleman held the doors open for them and from there they could see the beach.It had nice white sands and like many beaches a vast ocean where they can swim more freely than in a pool."This is what the headmistress had in mind.Since she had a feeling that the mer race would attend she picked a location that's close to the ocean.In hopes to make you feel more comfortable."
She was about to speak to the young girl when as mentioned,her attention was caught elsewhere.As if paper works wasn't enough now she has to deal with tardy teachers like Gabriel."As for you Mr.Pence you were late today! Are you going to do the same thing tomorrow when class actually starts?"Oh yeah the anger in her was there and shown in her voice..Good thing the music teacher was there to help out with the students looking for a pool.Otherwise she would never had the chance to discipline the combat teacher a bit.

Like everyone else,Azuka had risen from her seat and began her explorations.Each room fascinates her and makes even more excited about being here.She heard the voices of the male drow and two more fellow students being guided by him and smiled.Maybe they'll be friends or maybe not who knows? After all no one can predict the future.The pink haired angel found a room with a large piano next to a window at the center.Along with more instruments that shown her it was the music room.Now she really was bubbling with excitement.Music was one of her favorites.Sitting at the piano,she begin to play a soft tune that she knew but not the how she knows it.Along with playing,she started to sing the lyrics to it.

"
Heaven, please sing for me a song of life
Heaven, take me into your skies
There's no place here for me to hide my cries
Night and day, I am missing you (ooh)

I know I'm here for the magic
All your stars guiding me through and through
(oh) Why, this loneliness feels like forever, and ever
I gotta be,, I gotta be in your arms baby

You're so close, so close
and it's you that I believe in, I believe in
So, close, but far away so far I can't touch
I'll hold on.
Cuz its you I love so dearly...
When the the rain the storm, and all its done
Caress me with your sweet lullaby..."
Sulina
Luna Seymour

User ImageLuna listened attentively during the tour, then he opened the doors to reveal a beautiful sandy beach. The ocean breeze blowing gently through her hair, "This place, it's amazing!" she breathed. "Are we allowed to come here when we're not in classes? Is there a curfew we must adhere to?" she asked, wanting to know everything before she got into trouble. She had a mermaid's free spirit but she also had this tendency to adhere to rules stemming from her angelic heritage as well.
"Curfew is at eleven PM and no later."Maso glanced at the ocean and listened to the sound of crashing waves.A sound which is like music to his ears for someone that loves the ocean so.Smiling the drow glanced at his new students and noticed Azure shying away."As for coming here of course it's alright.Like I said the headmistress chose this place to make your race feel more comfortable here.And so...anxious as this one here."He was nodding to Azure,showing the other mer that he had been paying attention at the orientation of his irritation.

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The headmistress was preoccupied but her brother soon spoke up in her stead, stating that the woman had something more in mind for them than a pool. Azure was certainly happy to hear that - he would have settled for the pool but he hadn't been looking forward to the chemical laden waters. The man introduced himself as the man introduced himself as the music teacher. Azure managed a small smile - he loved music. Hopefully the music here on the surface was as beautiful as the music that his people had created.

The girl introduced herself as Luna, but Azure kept quiet. She had been speaking to the teacher, not to him, after all. He just followed after the pair like a little shadow, making mental notes as Maso gave them a short tour of the school. When the man opened the back doors of the school and revealed a white, sandy beach, all Azure could do was stare. He had thought that he would never see the ocean again and there it was, literally right in the back yard! It was no wonder that Storm had seemed so at ease coming to the school. He must have known that they were near the beach already.

Azure hardly heard anything as Luna asked Maso about a curfew. It was taking all that he had not to go running off into the water. He could hear it, calling to him, the ocean singing in his blood. He did manage a sheepish smile when Maso called him anxious admitting, "I have never been away from the ocean before...I was worried I would never see the sea again."
"Don't be my sister had noticed how you were acting too.After all she's that good with archery.Well part of it is having a keen eye to see your target clearly."Maso simply stepped onto the beach enjoying the breeze and the sweet smell of the ocean.Good thing but siblings set up barriers to protect this place and keep hunters out.He turned back to his new students and smiled."You are free to enjoy it now but if you ever hear the song of a siren,get out quickly and head to your rooms."
Luna Seymour

User ImageLuna listened to the teacher, "Siren songs work on those who are attracted to the gender of the siren themselves, but I will take note of that." she said, her father had told her that.

Turning to the blue-eyed boy she smiled, "I'm Luna, what's your name?" she asked, her expression warm and gentle. He seemed nervous, so the least she could do is to offer some friendship, Maso seemed to say that they were both at least part mer, so maybe they could support one another.

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                    The second that he could, Azure took off his shoes and socks and walked out onto the beach proper. It was nice to feel the sad between his feet, but what he really wanted was to feel the water on his scales. He nodded absentmindedly when Maso warned them about sirens, but didn't put much heart into it. He had grown up around siren-song, Storm's mother having been quite fond of using it to play with human men. Azure watched the waves crash on the beach just a few steps away. He would have taken off running into the surf if the white-haired girl had not asked his name.

"I'm Azure," he responded, smiling at the girl, "It's nice to meet you, Luna." Would it be rude to ask if she was a mer too? Maso's words seemed to indicate that she was, at least partially. However, Azure'd had to learn a lot about the etiquette of land-dwellers and he still wasn't sure on the finer points of things. He supposed that he would find out once they hit the water. He hoped that would be soon. He was going to lose his mind if he had to stand there much longer with the sea so close at hand. Azure looked towards the rumbling waves, then to Luna and asked, "Shall we go swimming? I don't know about you but it's killing me just standing here with it so close..."

===================

While Azure explored the school's beach and made a new friend, Storm had been hard at work getting his classroom arranged to his liking. He had never really used one before - his only students had really been Azure and a few of the other children in their pod. However, this was the way that schooling was done on dry land and so he would stick to tradition. Perhaps a few classes held outdoors wouldn't hurt, though, particularly with the sometimes unpredictable nature of both teenagers and magic. Once the classroom was the way that he wanted it to be, Storm set off for the dormitories. Azure had been nervous and fidgety; he, on the other hand, was tired and looking forward to rest. It had been a tiring journey to the school.

However, as he was passing by another classroom he heard someone singing. Curious, Storm followed the sound to an unusual looking room....a music room, if he was not mistaken. For a few mintes his attention was drawn to the instruments scattered around the classroom. They were so different from the instruments that he was used to. He wondered briefly if the music teacher would mind him spending time in here now and again. Then his attention came around to the student at the...what was that thing called...the piano, there we go. She was singing, a lovely sound, though different from the Mermish songs that he was used to. I wonder if all land-dweller music is like this, he thought as he listened to the girl sing.
Luna Seymour

User ImageLuna smiled as Azure introduced himself, nodding when he voiced about going for a swim, "Nice to meet you too, it's nice to know I won't be alone." she said, smiling, her voice was soft and melodic. When he spoke of not wanting to be on dry land much longer, she nodded, "I agree, I always feel over the edge when I've been in a car too long. I was keen to find somewhere to just let loose." she told him, taking off her own shoes before darting to the water.

As she emerged herself in the water, relishing the feel of it against her skin, her form shifting, her legs becoming a purple tail. Swimming really was a freedom to enjoy.
M A R I EXY O M I T S U N E
The Fun Loving Baku

User Image

There was no way to butcher the truth. Marie was hopelessly confused and lost...and all she had done was walk into the entrance of her new school. Creatures of all sorts were crisscrossing the paths before her. Some seemed like the typical type that she had heard about while others looked like they walked straight out of another realm. 'Which is honestly a high possibility' she thought, with a bemused grin.

Shifting her hold on the bag that was slung over her right shoulder she tried to understand where she was supposed to go. Thanks to a botched attempt at hailing a cab she had ended up calling a friend to give her a ride to the Academy grounds. Fortunately said friend was a pure blooded fae so it hadn't fazed her when she dropped Marie off in front of the school gates. With a half-hearted promise to call her later Marie made her way further into the grounds.

She remembered something about having to meet in an assembly hall for orientation, but there was no way she would get there in time. Heck, it had already been an hour since the meeting time. "So, this feels like the start of some bad joke. Should I enter with a bang?" Of course she was joking, but banging on a door sounded pretty tempting at the moment, when she rounded a corner and came into a large courtyard with absolutely no one in sight. "Although, I guess I could try some meditation and hope someone passes by," she mumbled to herself. Setting her bag down on the ground in the shade of a large tree she leaned up against the trunk and closed her eyes. If only she had such a useful talent as sensing auras or something all powerful to summon. 'Nope, all I can do is eat dreams.' she thought.

((OOC: long intro post leading to nowhere. Someone shoot me please emotion_facepalm ))
(Lol nice one.Hold on I'm forcing my cousin on to respond to it.Since she's over here dying to.)

Whenever Azuka sings she becomes lost in her own world.Thus showing she had no idea that Storm was there listening.She was more in depth to the song than of her own surroundings.The fact she was in a school was forgotten to her.She continued to sing the rest of the song along with the piano she was playing that song on.

"Heaven, please sing for me a song of life
Heaven, save me in my dreams tonight
Someday these wings will perish in your side
Night and day I call for you

Flashes of moments of tragic
Wandering souls, they fell along the way
Tell me you will never leave me.... forever and ever
I gotta be, I gotta be, in your arms, hear me

and its you I believe in I believe in
So close but faraway, I seek for your light
I'll hold on
Cuz for you my hearts keep beating
When the wind, the fire and all is gone
Caress me with your sweet lullaby

Will you be my light
Will you be my strength
Promise you won't let go..

I'll never betray
(and) in the end of time
Still my love's gonna be there

and its you I believe in I believe in
So close but faraway, I seek for your light
I'll hold on
Cuz for you my hearts keep beating
When the wind, the fire and all is gone
Caress me with your sweet lullaby."

The song was soon over and so she stopped playing and snapped back into reality.It was then that she noticed she wasn't alone.When she saw the element teacher standing there and listening,she blushed shyly but smiled."Umm..I'm sorry did you want to use this room?"

Dapper Genius

6,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
harpy_sister

Henry Depham

User Image

Henry turned the crumpled sheet of paper in his hands time and time again, the oil stains on his fingers covering it in several black finger prints. This seemed like the school alright! He couldn't believe his luck, such a school took him in no questions asked on grades and plans for life! Admittedly there was very little information for him to find out the nature of the school or standard attendees but that hadn't faze the ecstatic Henry at all.

However finding the blooming thing was proving an issue, Even the map given to him by a local hadn't helped much, but none the less he had found what he though to be the entrance. It was then that it hit him, the map was a birds eye view! He could get one of those and find the specific buildings in the school! With a sudden splash of inspiration he emptied his pockets and gathered the odd nuts and bolts along with some nearby twigs and leaves and then in a cloud of soot and the thunks of metal hammers still yet unexplained her brought forth a Small jet pack to existence,This was Henry's power, the power to create from anything into anything!

With a loud countdown and the adjustment of straps Henry strapped into the jet pack and reached the final numbers "Three! Two! One!" Although the launch was never to be. The sudden shaking and clangs from the pack made Henry turn around and before he could even utter a word a loud bang launched him skywards in a plume of black soot and ruins of the jet pack. It was then with a thump that he landed in front of a rather beautiful looking girl whom was alone in a courtyard/
The sound of a limousine approaching the school building can be heard.Soon the large black car came into view and stopped directly in front of the entrance.One of the attendant that works for the school had came to help a neko looking girl out of the car.Seems like she wasn't the only one that was late,her amber glanced at Marie as she smiled.Another attendant of the school took her bags to the dorms when she approached the gates."Seems like we're both late coming here.Ah nothing wrong with a little tardiness then."Roxette place her right index finger against the golden bars and gave it light push.The school gates had opened which means she didn't need to use her shadow trick to get in.Cat girl giggled and gestured for Marie to come in with her."Oh my it wasn't even locked.The headmistress is a cunning one."
M A R I EXY O M I T S U N E
The Fun Loving Baku

User Image

Marie had noticed--albeit belatedly--when a rather adorable girl seemed to be talking to her. It was right before she had entered the courtyard, still within sight of the gates. "Hmm, well I hope it's as easy to get into our rooms. I'd hate to have to repeatedly hurl objects at my own door." Although the thought of hurling some gummies at a door and seeing if they would stick was an entertaining thought.

Gesturing to the open area besides her under her tree once she had settled she took more time to ogle the girl's unique features. "You know, I've heard about beings with animal parts. What kind of breed are you?" It wasn't meant to be as insulting as it came out, but there was honestly no better way she could think of to phrase her question. Creature, monster, species? They all sounded just as horrible.

But it seemed things weren't to be. In a cloud of smoke and soot a boy literally fell from the sky in front of the two. Coughing as the smoke entered her lungs Marie waved a hand in front of her face, trying to clear the air, even as one eye was opened just the barest amount to see what sort of person just fell from the sky. "I've heard girls wanting men to fall from the sky, but I was hoping that the day it did I wouldn't be choking. A new perfume?" Her joke came accompanied by a small fit of coughs, but it wouldn't deter her. "Should I be looking for a genie to grant me my next wish?"

((OOC: cross my fingers and hope the gaia notification system works. On a side note, seriously kill me for these lame jokes //shot ))

mxmanus

Roxette_BloodShadow

Dapper Genius

6,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
harpy_sister

Roxette_BloodShadow

Henry Depham

User Image

Henry had indeed landed with a thud, a suitable curse word being yelped as the wonderfully hard ground reminded Henry that gravity was still in charge.The smoke began to clear as Henry lifted his head, ear flaps of his hat bouncing up and down like a spaniels ears, blinking several times as he looked directly at the girl he had seen earlier, the one with the stunning hair!

In response to his sudden arrival and her remark he did what any Englishman would, He raised his hand in a rather awkward greeting before speaking "G-Good Morning! Wonderful weather eh?" He finished with a rather sheepish look on his face, as he attempted to get up from where his trip had deposited him and began to dust off the fine layer of soot and put out the occasional smouldering ember from the explosion.

He had made quite the entry already, some things never changed.

(Sorry for short post! Cooking atm!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces