• Survivor 150
User Image

I teach, you learn.

Argentum

Where: campus
        With who: Selke, Lucia, Lughe

User Image

User Image

As they walk he manages to produse a simple antique silver flute from somewhere and pipes out a few notes. Satisfied, he starts into a melody as they walk. The melody was Greek in origin and had no acompaning score in known record, but it is none the less one he liked from his youth. Mostly a happy tune with a slightly dark and and huanting undertone to it.
        Once they reached Lucia's apartment he put the flute back away into some unseen pocket.
        "Well, can't wait to see what this room of yours is going to looklike sweetling." He smilled to her.

User Image

User Image

0_o the irate pirate o_0

Cat-Face14
0_o the irate pirate o_0

Shado-Nightwins

~Lucia Higasaki~
User Image

Lucia loved walking. It was one of the things she had going for her. staring at all of her friends she just made, and all of her old friends made her extremely happy. "Yes, they're my new friends." She said. To anyone else it would have looked like she was talking to herself, but she was talking to the trees. As they kept walking, Argentum pulled out a flute, and started playing it. It was nice, and very lovely. She liked the flute alot. They all finally made it to the Dormitory, and after finding her door number, she placed her hand on the door knob.

"Well, can't wait to see what this room of yours is going to look like sweetling."

Lucia slightly blushed and puffed out her cheeks. Opening the door, she stared inside. It was normal, atleast that's what she thought. She walked inside and put her belongings on the bed, then turned to Selke. "I can also help you with your Timpani too." She smiled sweetly.

Steadfast Hunter

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄xx▄▀▄▀▄▀▄xx▄▀▄▀▄▀▄xx▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
                                      xNick watched the scene unfold with amusement. He'd met some chipper people in his life, but Jamie had to be the most energetic woman he'd met yet. Still, she was entertaining to watch, and she seemed pretty much harmless in her antics. Well, if one counted scaring the crap out of people by shifting randomly or clinging to her brother like a chimp harmless, then she would be. He shared an amused look with Angie as she went darting off to get their drinks, though he made wasn't really surprised.

"Thank-you," he said, once she'd handed over his tea. The stuff was something he'd grown addicted to over the years, and he almost never went a day without some, unless it was too hot for such a drink anyway. Taking a sip, he glanced at the clock to see how much time he had before his first class. Most of the art teachers knew him pretty well, and while they wouldn't give him any trouble for being late, he still tried to avoid it if he could. Thankfully he still had another thirty minutes or so before the painting instructor would be expecting him.

"Hey Jamie, what's your first class?" he asked, wanting to make sure she knew how to get there before he wandered off. He had offered to help her out after all, and he wasn't about to forget about it.x

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀xx▀▄▀▄▀▄▀xx▀▄▀▄▀▄▀xx▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Relaxed: Mood
                                      Tasha, Creig, and Jamie: Company
                                      Coffee shop: Location
                                      I like to make an impression: Outfit
                                      ...: OOC

The Magic Musician

Steadfast Hunter

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

█ ▪ Location ▪ Grounds for Thought
                                  █ ▪ Company ▪ Nicky, Crieg, Jamie
                                  █ ▪ Outfit ▪ Simple, but fun
                                  █ ▪ Mood ▪ Amused

Angie smiled at the three humans before her. It was always nice to meet new people, and if Nicky liked them, then she was certain they were good people. The boy seemed to have a knack for finding the best sort of people around, or so she'd noticed so far. He liked her after all! Not that she was the best person around or anything, but she was vain enough to claim that the boy had good sense if making friends with her.

"It's nice to meet you as well Crieg, congratulations on being offered a job. I'm sure you'll like it here," she replied, and then laughed as his sister pounced on him when she introduced herself.

"Hello Jamie, enjoying your first day so far?" she asked, though she really didn't expect an answer when the young woman darted off to get her drink. So much energy! How her brother kept up with her was truly a mystery, but she supposed he was used to her after having lived with her for most, if not all of, their lives. The kitsune, though she did not appear as such at the moment, enjoyed seeing families interact, having no true family of her own. Nicky had become something of a little brother, but though she cared deeply for him, she was loathe to let him too close. He was a human after all, and bound to die long before she ever would, a thought that already pained her. Crieg and Jamie were lucky to have one another, and though the blonde appeared annoyed at his sister's antics, she could tell that he loved her very much.

"She's quite the handful isn't she," she asked, a playful smile curling her lips. She would enjoy having the little ball of energy around, even if they didn't end up interacting very much.

Aged Bloodsucker

User Image

User Image

"Some people talk to animals...
                                      Not many listen though.
                                      That's the problem."

Nature is the best music of all... My stomach is in knots...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Jamie was happily guzzling her drink away when Nick's question suddenly hit her like a rock. That's right... she had class... and soon! With other people! HOLY CRAP!!! She suddenly felt very queasy. Her smile faded and her eager bouncy energy seemed to explode into millions of pieces. She felt her hands, cold and clammy against her coffee. She smiled meekly at Nick. "Uh... I-I think it's.. Oh! It's uh, creative writing! Y-yeah... that one..." She stammered. Great, now that her nerves full on hit her, she was a stammering wreck. Yet another little quirk she had. She looked over at Crieg, who gave her a reassuring smile, one that said she'd be fine. She tried to smile but it looked more like a grimace.

Turning her attention back to Nick, she cleared her throat again, pulling the folded paper that had her schedule from her pocket. She stared down at the small roster of classes she had for the week. "Yep... Creative Writing with a Doctor Julienne Harris... At uh.... 8:30. Then later after lunch I've got Orchestra with... Selke.. Selke Torrencia? Yeah. Then later this evening I've got Phys ed with Crieg over there.... Tomorrow I've got Studio Art and Ancient History up to the Middle Ages... Looks like most of my classes are in the Lazuli hall... with the exception of my arts classes... think you could point me in their direction?" She asked with a crooked smile.

Her heart was pounding at the thought of actually going to real classes with other kids. Having been homeschooled all her life, taught by her mother and father, and mostly on what to do with her powers, there was a lot she was genuinely -terrified- to do. The main one was of course; being away from her brother. He was usually there for her, even when they lived in Flagstaff, he stayed at home while going to school at NAU. He was always there, especially if her anxiety got the best of her. What would she do? You're going to breathe... just like Mum and Daddy taught you.... Crieg won't be far.. heck, you've got Phys Ed with him at sunset so... that's good, right? She told herself. It was good. Crieg and Jamie were in their element in the woods, and if she knew Crieg, one of the things he'd have his class do is lots of hikes in the woods.

“Until one has loved an animal,
                                      A part of one's soul....
                                      Remains unawakened.”

Just sniffin around~ Coffee Shop ☤
                                      Any new friends I can make? Nick, Angie, Crieg ☤
                                      Keep 'em positive! SO glad this just hit me... NOT. ☤
                                      Feelings like a party~! Suddenly very nervous ☤
                                      All about comfort and mobility... usually. Can you tell Galaxy is my favorite pattern?

Aged Bloodsucker

User Image
User Image

The earth has music for those who listen. Peaceful

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Crieg smiled at Angie. "Thanks. I'm really glad I got the job..." He said with a chuckle. He watched as his sister was happily drinking her drink. "Yes.. but she's a good girl. You should have seen it when we were kids. She used to get so excited that she just couldn't contain it. One minute there'd be a wee redhead running around the house then -poof-! A small rabbit would be in her place, going even faster..." His small laugh trailed off when he saw the sudden change in his sister's mood. So it finally caught up to her eh? Took longer than I thought! He mused. His sister was paler in complexion by far, and when she glanced his way, he nodded and gave her a smile that told her she'd be fine. She knew what to do if she got too scared. His office was located near the Athletic Building, and she could hide out in there if the world was too much. One thing about animal shifters; if they got too anxious and nervous, they'd be forced to change. And if it was negative energy they were dealing with, they would change into a rather vicious and/or large animal, where the animal instincts would take over.

That wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Hence, Crieg gave her a list of instructions on what to do if she got nervous. She also had to remember to relax. But again, if people became too much, she would have to get herself to his office. If there was one thing Crieg was good at, it was looking out for his sister. That, and making lists. Crieg looked back to Angie. "Sorry. She gets nervous sometimes. But she'll be fine. She's always been... exciteable, to say the least... me, not so much. I was a loner, real sickly as a kid... didn't do much socializing. Heck, still don't. I just hang 'round Jamie. Otherwise I'm outside hiking, climbing, whatever." He added.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chasing after sis, no doubt.. Coffee shop ❇
                                              Oh crap.. people! Angie, Nick, Jamie ❇
                                              More going on up here than spoken. She'll be fine... ❇
                                              Always concern if it's about my sister. Nervous for her ❇
                                              It's gotta be easy to move in. Try not to stand out

Steadfast Hunter

User Image

xTalk about a one eighty. Jamie had been fine up until he'd mentioned classes, and Nick almost felt bad about giving her the reminder. Unfortunately, it probably would have been worse if he hadn't said anything and she'd felt rushed and lost later on. Her class list was rather basic from the sounds of it, and she was right about where a majority of them were located. Lucky for her, the building she was looking for was close by.

"Lazuli hall is right next door," he told her, pointing to the building that could be seen through the windows. "Makes it easier than having to hike back and forth across campus multiple times a day, though I doubt you'd mind as much as some tend to. Your art class will be in this building up on the third floor, it's where I lurk most of the time, so you can always come and find me if the need arises."

She also made sure to mention the teachers she had, and he could help out a bit with those too. Being an upperclassman had it's perks when it came to trying to help out other students that had no idea where to go or what the teachers were like.

"Dr. Harris is really fun, she makes class interesting, and she doesn't pressure you to speak up if you're uncomfortable. She'll encourage you to of course, but she'll never push and if it really seems like you're having trouble, she'll back off. I've never had Professor Torrencia, but from what I've heard, she's not a bad teacher, though she does have a bit of a temper, so just make sure you're polite and on time to the best of your abilities, and you'll be fine. As for history, the teachers are all rather boring. Except for Angie of course. She's the TA for all of the history classes, so she'll be around tomorrow to help you out if you need it."

He really hoped the information he was able to give her helped her calm down a bit. She really did seem nervous, even terrified, at the prospect of going to classes. He'd also meant it when he'd told her she could come and find him if she needed to. She might not have known him very well yet, but if nothing else, he'd be a familiar face. Plus if she felt the need to be in animal form, or if her nerves forced her to switch, he'd be able to talk with her and maybe help her calm down until they could get Crieg to come and get her.

Stepping a bit closer, he lowered his voice so that none of the other students could overhear him and potentially make Jamie feel even more awkward.

"One thing I want you to keep in mind, all of the teachers here are used to students losing control sometimes, or not being able to handle the pressure right off. If you think you need to take a break, just let them know and they won't stop you from leaving class alright?"x

The Magic Musician

Aged Bloodsucker

User Image

User Image

"Some people talk to animals...
                                      Not many listen though.
                                      That's the problem."

Nature is the best music of all... Just breathe...

She didn't speak much. Jamie just nodded dumbly at what Nick had to say. Sure, she was processing it just fine, she was just too shaky to speak. It wasn't until Nick stepped a little close and spoke to her that she spoke. He told her that teacher here were used to kids... losing it? Well, that was somewhat comforting in its own way. Jamie chewed on her bottom lip as blush formed. She was embarrassed. Was her anxiety really that noticeable? Neverhteless, the guy was trying to help her. "Th..thanks... A lot. 'M just.. well.. it's been since forever since I've been in a real class... with real classmates... I'm just nervous... I mean... what happens if..." Jamie set her drink on the counter and started wringing her hands nervously. She couldn't bring herself to say the rest of it. She knew if she thought of it any more she would indeed freak out and have an episode. Take a breath.. take a breath... take a breath... She closed her eyes and tried her hardest to swallow the anxiety that was clawing at her stomach. The more she thought of it though, the more frightened she got.

Well this wasn't going to be good. Perhaps. Jamie smiled weakly at Nick. "So.. you do art things? L.. like what?" Maybe if she asked about what he did, she would feel less inclined to freak out and start to relax. Meanwhile, she fumbled in her pocket for her mp3 player and popped in an earbud for her chillout song. ((See her theme above)) "I'm listening, P... promise. I've just got a song I listen to to.. help.." She said quietly.

“Until one has loved an animal,
                                      A part of one's soul....
                                      Remains unawakened.”

Just sniffin around~ Coffee Shop ☤
                                      Any new friends I can make? Nick, Angie, Crieg ☤
                                      Keep 'em positive! Is it... really that noticeable? ☤
                                      Feelings like a party~! Still nervous ☤
                                      All about comfort and mobility... usually. Can you tell Galaxy is my favorite pattern?

Steadfast Hunter

User Image

█ ▪ Mood ▪ Amused

Glancing between the siblings at the sudden change in the little red heads mood, she wondered what was wrong. At least until Crieg explained it to her.

"There's no need to apologize for it, a lot of the students here were nervous when they first arrived," she replied gently, "even I was somewhat uneasy at first, and I've had ages to get used to people."

Listening as he continued to explain a little about himself, she nodded in understanding. Shifters like Crieg always seemed to have a stronger connection with nature than those with other abilities. She also enjoyed the outdoors and being in nature as much as she possibly could. Sure, she'd gotten used to hustle and bustle of the modern age, but it was always nice to escape to the forests for a while when things got to be too much. At the mention of him being a sickly child however, she couldn't help but be a bit surprised.

"You certainly don't have the look of one who spent a lot of their time being ill," she said, "but I imagine you've worked to improve your health the same way people work to improve a certain skill. As for your love of hiking and the like, you should speak with Noldan. He is the guardian of the sanctuary here at Briarwood, and I am certain he would not be adverse to allowing you and your sister the chance to explore the sanctuary itself if you wanted. So long as you remained respectful of course, but I don't think that would be much of a problem for you."

She was aware that she wasn't being as open about herself as Crieg was being at the moment, but it would be some time before she felt comfortable enough to do so. She would likely drop small comments here and there, but that would be the most she'd offer for some time. Perhaps if Crieg and Jamie proved to be the sort she could be comfortable around, she would open up more. Spirits knew it had taken Nicky nearly a month to even pry her favorite color out of her when they'd first met, but she'd gotten better about that in the years she'd known him.

Aged Bloodsucker

User Image
User Image

The earth has music for those who listen. Peaceful

He shrugged a little bit. "Yeah, I get told that a lot. I had asthma real bad when I was a kid. After awhile I did so much running and cardio and everything else that it kind of just went away.. or well, I can ignore it better. One of the two." He chuckled. At the mention of the sanctuary, Crieg flashed a ghost of a smile.
                                              Sounds like a great idea. I hear the sanctuary has loads of different kinds of animals. Wonder what it'd be like to meet something that isn't a shapeshifter in the form of an animal. Like a real phoenix, or a lion, or stuff like that... I'll have to check it out later.
                                              He said with a small chuckle.

While he was talking to Angie, he never took his eye off his sister. What would she do? Nick seemed to get real close to her and said something Crieg couldn't quite catch, but he was sure it was something encouraging. Jamie was looking for her mp3 and put an earbud in her ear. So she really was that scared, huh? She usually didn't result to the chillout song unless she was at a mid-level point of stress or anxiety. It was an indicator for Crieg that he would have to keep a real close eye on her if she didn't get a handle on it soon. His face said nothing of the worry that was in his heart. Rather, his expressions showed a cool, collect, calm nature. "So, Angie, how long have you been here?" He asked. The way she spoke earlier, she must have been here for a few years.

Chasing after sis, no doubt.. Coffee shop ❇
                                              Oh crap.. people! Angie, Nick, Jamie ❇
                                              More going on up here than spoken. Alright, now to figure out classes ❇
                                              Always concern if it's about my sister. Less nervous ❇
                                              It's gotta be easy to move in. Try not to stand out

Zen Leandros

Tipsy Shapeshifter

6,200 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The drone of the truck ground monotonously under the tones of the stereo as Kale rumbled forward, "Are we there yet....how bout now.....how bout now..." his mind, numb with boredom, prodded . He released a heavy sigh and let his head fall back against the headrest as he saw the school come into view. "Aw glory I see the pearly gates!" The endless ache of sitting in one place for way too long had begun to slowly chip away at his sanity. After parking and hopping out of his vehicular prison for a much needed stretch, Kale began the irritating process of unloading his belongings.

Finally, with guitar case strapped across his chest, suitcase in one hand, and a few other bags held precariously with the other he made his way into the building. Painfully aware of the time, he rushed to get directions to his room and made a b-line for it. Glancing around as he strode through Roanoke dorm he decided it wasn't half bad, and flinging open the door to his room confirmed his evaluation.
But there was plenty of time to admire his room later. Kale haphazardly tossed the bags in, laid his guitar case gently against the wall, and slammed the door on it all, hanging his key around his neck he fairly ran back to the front door and sailed through it.

As soon as he cleared the building he broke into a sprint, shifting smoothly mid-run into a hawk and soaring for town. His plan was to explore a little and possibly walk back to the school with someone and get familiar with the area. As soon as the town came into view he dropped down in a discreet corner and shifted again, this time into a lanky husky pup. "Everyone loves puppies right? Long as no one tries to "rescue" me I'll be golden." He thought as he trotted down the sidewalk. Eyes darting around his gaze lit on a coffee shop. Kale dropped his nose and slunk briskly across the street, deciding it was good a place as any to start.

Where: Coffee shop bound
Who: Me, myself, and a husky puppy
Feeling: Confident, no one can resist these paws
My mirror says

The Magic Musician

Steadfast Hunter

User Image

xDistraction seemed to be what she needed, and although he wasn't sure talking about his artwork was the most engaging thing ever (for people other than art nuts), he did it anyway.

"I'm a mixed media painter," he said, rummaging in his backpack for the digital camera he had shoved in their somewhere. "I focus mainly on what most people would consider fantasy, but to us is far more real."

Finding the camera near the bottom of his bag, he pulled it out and switched it on. Thankfully it was a newer model, so it didn't take forever to start up and he was able to start flipping through pictures to find one he could show her. Art teachers were all about documenting your work in order to have images readily available when the time came to create a portfolio. He'd embraced this little quirk easily enough, and he had a number of memory cards filled with pictures of his work in varying stages. Pulling up one of his more recent works, he handed the camera to Jamie so she could take a look at it.

The painting in question was one he'd been working on for some time, more for fun than for school purposes, but he'd been contemplating using it in his gallery show at the end of semester. Unless he was able to come up with a theme of course, which he was hoping to do. Shows with a theme usually did better than those with a bunch of random works. This painting depicted a young man standing in chest deep water, his head tipped back and his arms extended in front of him as if welcoming someone, or something. Rising out of the water opposite him was a sea serpent with a mix of silver and blue scales, it's head lowered so that it was on eye level with the man in question. Some would no doubt view the scene with trepidation, wondering if the boy was about to be devoured or something equally sinister. Those that actually looked close enough would see otherwise. The boy was not afraid of the leviathan residing so close to him, and was in fact smiling, his expression and bearing unafraid.

It was an incomplete piece, with some of the background still needing to be painted and other minor details needing to be touched up, but it was still something he was proud of.

"I've been working on this one for close to three months now whenever I have free time," he explained. "I've got others in varying stages of development as well, since I can never seem to focus on one painting at a time. Don't be surprised to find me covered in paint of various shades at any given time either, since I can't stay clean while I work, no matter how hard I try. My parents have even given up on trying to get me to buy non paint stained clothes since they know I'll just mess them up."

He added the last few comments in an attempt to make her smile, and maybe even laugh at him. It was all true of course, even the jeans he was wearing now had a few patches of random color splattered over them.x

The Magic Musician

Steadfast Hunter

User Image

█ ▪ Mood ▪ Amused, concerned

"You may have grown out of it," she replied, head cocked in thought. Angie had known one other person who'd had asthma as a child, only for it to fade away as they got older. Then again, they might have had a more minor case of it than Crieg had. The fact that he'd been able to work through it and improve his health to such an extent was impressive though, and something to be respected for.

"Whatever the case may be, you did well to improve yourself as you have," she informed him, and then smiled at his comments about the sanctuary. "I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I have been in it many times, and it never ceases to amaze me, though you are unlikely to run into a Phoenix unless it intends to bond with you. They are very reclusive creatures, and almost never show themselves."

Watching the interaction between Nicky and Jamie, she hoped he could help her calm down. Still, Crieg seemed content to let things play out as they would, so she left it alone. His next question made her smile, and it was one she was willing to answer since it wasn't a truly personal one.

"This will be my tenth year here," she told him, "It's been quite the experience watching students come and go over the years, though many keep in contact and even stop by from time to time."

This place was more than just a sanctuary for mythological creatures after all. There were many like herself that viewed this place as a safe haven away from the judgmental, and sometimes lethal, opinions of humanity.

Divine Spirit

22,515 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

I teach, you learn.

Argentum

Where: Lucia's room
        With who: Selke, Lucia, Lughe

User Image

User Image

Argentum smiled at Lucia, so eager to help, sign of a good heart.
        He looked around her room and nodded at what he saw.
        "It is nice for a student's abode. My place in Greece wasn't much bigger when I was about your age."
        He Set down on the foot of her bed and looked out the window a moment
        "Nice view... and I like the contrasting design. You could probably get one of the trees to grow up next to the window and avoid the front door if you wanted to.." he mused as the girl settled herself.
        "So I guess off to the music room to move things and play together?" He asked when it seemed that things were in a ready state of moving on.

User Image

User Image

Dapper Raider

10,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

υɢнє and єℓкє

The young woman followed the group to the dorm hall Lucia was housed in. As they opened the door, she evaluated the new student's room. "Lovely indeed! It suits you just fine dearie. Well let's get to moving those Timpani so we can get to some music, yeah?" I can show you how this little baby works!" She said with a sneer, pulling out what looked like a clear colored conductor's wand. However, she pressed a small button on the wand and it lit up, resembling a miniature lightsaber. "This is my most prized posession.... This wand allows me to create music notes and show them to everyone. This is especially handy in full orchestra, so the students get to see how their parts interact with everyone else's. I'll definitely need this to restore the music Argentum brought me!" Selke beamed, turning off the wand and stowing it away in her pocket once more.

Lughe rolled his eyes at his sister. She loved to show off that wand of hers. "You've got a nice room Lucia! I'm sure the trees and other flowers nearby that will make lovely company, too." he added. Lughe put his hands in his pockets. He wasn't exactly sure what he was to do until they left. Lucky for him it wouldn't take long. As soon as Lucia was ready they could begin heading back to the music rooms. He was a bit nervous though. He hoped Selke wouldn't pressure him into using his powers at the moment. While he was getting better with them, there were still times the power was too great, and bad things would happen to those affected by his music. He would be completely alright playing an instrument though; he knew how to play several instruments by hand, and when playing an instrument it was almost natural for him and he didn't need to enhance their tones or anything. He wouldn't even worry about how the music made people feel. If he was in command of a natural instrument that he didn't create, he didn't have to worry about manipulating the tone any.

Lughe's Stats:
                                              Mood: Content
                                              Thoughts: Lovely room!
                                              Where: Rose dorm, on way to music hall
                                              With: Argentum, Lucia, Selke
                                              Wearing: Nice looking stuff

Selke Stats:
                                              Mood: Happy
                                              Thoughts: What a lovely room she's got! Now back to the music room!
                                              Where: Rose Dorms, on way to music hall.
                                              With: Argentum, Lucia, and Lughe
                                              Wearing:Aztech-ish

((OOC: Sorry, crap post is crap x.x ))

Shado-Nightwins

Cat-Face14

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas