Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Loiterer

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A r t u s σ G a i d e l
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image

"Hmm."

The energetic buzzing of a small creature filled the halls. Little would one know that the small buzzing creature was in fact, made of earthen substance, or weighed anything at all, the way it easily buzzed through the air. Artus had been around for a few days now, typically remaining reclusive to get a head start on studies. As the days continued, Artus knew Catherine would arrive, and so she did. His duties would begin soon, and the guardian was already on its way to intercept her. Already, Artus had devised two human forms for class, and of course, Artus would either have to explain to the teachers that he was both bodies, if he desired to switch openly between them, or completely remain in one form. He hoped Catherine would have a preference, and though they shared a room together, would anyone complain about it if Artus remaind a male? Such concepts were still strange, but being with the opposing gender in personal environments always seemed to queue a relationship or the acts of intimate natures that only living flesh required for continued life. The stone shifted and changed, coal became diamond and rock melted into lava, to reform a different composition elsewhere Change was the way in which the earth renewed, but humans were different. They died, and left their legacies onto their offspring, combinations of a pair that resulted as if grown in secrecy. The young humans would often turn up around couples, grow into adults and repeat this never ending process. Artus admired the different ways in which life continued, but it didn't make it any less alien to the rock, nor would it fail to affect him. If the school had a problem with their co-ed arrangement, Artus would be forced to explain, or retain a feminine form. One gender for too long was simply so boring. Each had unique shapes, and the diamond elemental found it fun to assume both equally. Normally a jagged and flat rock, curves and soft human flesh was utterly strange, and interesting to emulate. Each gender seemed to have a fairly general difference in traditions, personalities, and behavior. Studying this would be Artus's hobby during Catherine's school years.

The buzzing slowed as the elemental passed over something that was glowing with interest. A small girl, bright green hair and what appeared to be animalistic ears. The creature was mingling playfully with blue haired boy with an abundance of tails, sporting a vulpine appearance. The sprite-like creature slowed and lowered itself to their level, hovering as a dragonfly would, slightly shifting and darting to remain air-born. The green one was interesting because of the power that the elemental sensed. A control over stone, and thus, the possible manipulation of Artus himself. Such a happy giggling little girl didn't pose much of a threat, and that lone gave Artus reason to relax. Furthermore, Artus knew of creatures that could shape stone, but it was rare to hear of anything that could bend the very shape of diamond, against its own will.
"Excuse me." The elemental asked. Artus was roughly the size of a cat, and almost appeared like one, fuzzy with probing yellow eyes. Its wings were nearly invisible, buzzing too quickly to see well, appearing more like a blur trailing from its back. Curiosity was plain on Artus's face. He had a job to do, but this could make it wait. Just for a brief moment. "May I have your name? Mine is Tobias. Tobi for short, if you prefer." The small creature stated curtly, glancing over to Ruku with an approving nod. It would be rude to ignore him, even though it was Tomo's power that had brought Artus's attention. "I would enjoy learning your name as well." The creature added, trying to remain as polite as possible.

█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌

♫ ♪ Located at. . .The halls!
♫ ♪ Feeling like. . .I am well.
♫ ♪ About to. . .Burrito chewing
User Image
Principal
Sabeth McKai

XSabeth was relieved when Catherine smiled, and even laughed a little, at his joke. He'd been almost afraid he might offend her, but relaxed noticeably when she seemed to do the same. This only resulted in him being caught off guard when she started crying. His eyebrows rose and a look as close to panic as he'd ever got to expressing such an emotion in years crossed his face, gaze darting quickly to Elizabeth for some kind of explanation, reassurance, or guidance. Had he done something wrong? His short distraction to the girl's mother left him completely defenseless when he was suddenly hugged by his daughter, and the sensation was so abrupt and unexpected that he immediately lifted his arms up and looked down at her, body tense and uncertain.

Almost immediately, though, once he realized what had happened, he smiled and lowered his arms down, gently hugging her back, if not a bit awkwardly. Hugs weren't a part of his job description; they weren't a part of his life, at any point in it. Of course, he'd become accustomed to them, he was comfortable with them, but... this was his daughter. He was hugging her for the first time, unexpectedly so, and as sincere as his gestures were, it took him a second to settle into it. Just a second, though.... He soon bowed his head, moving one hand to gently rest on the back of hers in a reassuring gesture. Despite all his concerns... fathering seemed to come at least somewhat naturally. He would have his difficulties, for sure, especially when it came to trying to protect her without crossing lines, and balancing his job on top of that, but at the very least, he seemed to be warming up to it quickly.

"I feel the same, Catherine," he replied gently, "I just wish it could have happened sooner..." Honestly, he didn't know how true that was; he'd been nervous about this since he found out about Catherine. He'd avoided the idea of being a father, and quickly let Elizabeth raise the girl. It wasn't because he didn't like kids-- that wouldn't really work with his job-- it was that he wasn't sure he could be a good parent. He ate souls.... most people didn't consider someone who did that an acceptable person to raise a child. Even if that wasn't something he still, it was a part of who he was. Not to mention the side effect of that old habit, the several spirits residing within him; they could make things complicated on several levels. There were multiple other things, including his job, but overall, he had just decided it would be better if the girl were raised by her mother. And he still wasn't sure how to feel about taking over that responsibility now, for however long it would be.

He chuckled a bit when she pulled back and apologized, but shook his head and gave a wave of his hand. "Don't worry about it, dear," he replied affectionately, still smiling as he folded his hands behind his back again. It seemed she'd certainly been raised with manners... she also seemed surprisingly demure, given who her mother was. Or perhaps it was because of that... His gaze slipped to Elizabeth as if to express this line of thought, but returned to Catherine as another smile graced his face. "I would be honored to take time to show you around, Catherine. I promise, I've cleared my schedule for this, so you won't be taking away from anything," he reassured her, aware of Elizabeth's considerate silence.

He blinked when the girl addressed the spirits within him, his eyes slightly wider this time as he shot another briefly look in her mother's direction. He relaxed, though, and gave a smile, though anyone who knew him well enough would be able to tell it was a little uncomfortable. He didn't like that Catherine was aware of this, though he knew it was necessary. Without a doubt, he did not look foreword to explaining it to her... but again, it would be required of him. In the meantime, he would just keep a hold on things as best he could. At least some of his newly acquired, or returned to be accurate, powers allowed him to control things and handle them better. It might even help explain things too...

'She seems nice!' Speaking of which, Anton had spoken up, and Michaelo made a grumbling, 'Guess...' in what seemed like it was probably an agreement. His mood swings were still as bad as always, but he seemed to be in a particularly bad mood because of the amount of repressive barriers Sabeth had set up between himself and the other souls in his body. He didn't want any of them taking control, if he could help it.

"I'm sure they appreciate the acknowledgement, Catherine," he responded lightly, "And return the sentiment." Well, Anton did at least. Michaelo was hard to tell... Den was... Sabeth paused and straightened up in an almost unnoticeable way, considering his posture was almost always impeccable. Suddenly an odd look crossed his face, and once more his gaze slid to Elizabeth, but this time it was different. His eyes looked slightly different, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, or the almost sinister glimmer behind them as a smirk crossed his face. The look disappeared almost instantly, and Sabeth fluidly shifted back to normal and looked back to Catherine with a much softer smile. "Are you hungry? We can start with the Cafeteria, if you like. Classes will be starting in a bit, but we should have some time before we need to get you to your first scheduled lesson," he added, getting back on track of the subject of showing her around.
User Image
Fjora Biengia

"Actually, now that I think about it, not even all of the humans are entirely human..." she commented thoughtfully, taking a drag from her cigarette as she looked up at the sky thoughtfully. She didn't miss Joseph's blush, and a teasing grin crossed her face as she glanced back over at him. That was endearing, he didn't know how to respond! "Cat gotchur tongue, tiger?" she poked playfully, reaching over and lightly nudging his shoulder. Yes, it was a pun, and a bad one, but she ignored that and shifted her gaze back Nyx as a thought occurred to her. Before she could even speak it, though, Joseph mentioned her age, and she looked back over at him with a big grin.

"Senior, but yeah, I'm still in highschool. Think I could pass for a college student?" she asked, holding her arms out, crossing her legs at the ankle, and tilting her shoulders a bit to give a pose that looked unbalanced but she somehow maintained. She was wearing a long sleeve light and dark blue striped shirt with a dark blue almost black open vest over it with regular slacks, but that was how she always dressed. Cigarette still held between two of her fingers, she withdrew the pose, giving her vest one last theatrical tug as she lifted her chin with a smirk, and then placed the stick back between her lips and crossed her arms over her mid abdomen.

He looked back at Nyx when she mentioned parties, grinning as she described the private parties. "Think it would be possible for you to sneak me into one? Man, I bet they're even more awesome in the co-ed dorms! How'd you manage to get with a guy as your dormmate? Are you gay? Is he?" she asked, going from excited to curious within her own long-winded stream of speech. She blinked, then smacked her hand over her face after rolling her eyes at herself. "Er, sorry," she added, for once again speaking without thinking.

Her attention once again looked back at Joseph when he mentioned getting something to drink, and she brought her cigarette to her lips with a thoughtful, considerate expression as she looked at him. "Sure," she agreed with a smile, exhaling a cloud of smoke while lowering the cig. Unless either of them had a vivid imagination, no smell would linger around them, despite the smoke. "Want to go to the cafeteria?" she asked, nodding back in the way she came. She started backing up in that direction in case they said yes, but was ready to change if they suggested somewhere else. "By the way, what classes do you guys teach, if you're college students?" she questioned, apparently assuming they had both taken up positions instructing one or some of the classes at the highschool. Classes would probably start soon, but... she figured she still had some time. And maybe if she was lucky one of them would teach some of her classes!
╔══════════════╗
Nyx Halloway
╚══════════════╝

User Image
Noticing that she wasn't the only one becoming uncomfortable, albeit for different reasons, Nyx finally took pity on the only boy of their group. While she wasn't very good at recieving compliments it looked like he wasn't very used to teasing and so attempted to buffer Fjora's well meaning though misplaced taunt with, "Well, now you know two more people. Though I suppose 'people' may not be exactly the right word..." Nyx was a very open, genial creature. Human norms were too fluid for her to try and grasp the particulars of and so she kept to the basics that remained the same: treat people the way you want to be treated. Everything else was taken on a day to day basis. So as long as you weren't being threatening or weren't deranged she had no problem being your friend or acquintance.

And clearly Joseph could use a friendly face or two around campus. At least the poor introvert was saved from further assault as the youngest of their group turned her attention back to the gargoyle. Again, rather than feel insulted, Nyx just smiled indulgently. "Not the first time I've been asked that, either, since it's not the first tiem I've been roomed with a boy and I know its not conventional for humans," she replied easily enough. Though she did pause before continuing, glancing between her two companiosn as she thought about what to say next; most humans and in fact most organic beings had a hard time comprehending the fact that she was incapable of having sex. As if that were the holy sutra of life (which, from what she observed, soem seemed to think so).

Finally she settled with, "Though I identify my gender as female my species doesn't actually have a biological sex. And I'm quite capable of deterring anyone from trying to disprove that claim." With snapped wrists though that little detail was left out. "As for the parties...I'll have to decline. I'm pretty sure most are illegal." In terms of drinking at least and while she had no problem with it she didn't want to be on the business end of the law, not when she was supposed to be a protector and thus technically part of the law.

Turning her attention back to Joseph she smiled and nodded again. It was still too early for her to worry about classes so milling about with new acquintances wasn't a big deal. "I already ate," sort of, "but I've got time before I have to be anywhere, so I'll gladly go," she replied before moving to follow Fjora since the other seemed inclined to lead them to their new destination. "I don't teach. Tried it once, students tended to pay more attention to my height and asked me about my species more than pay attention to what I was teaching. Speaking of which though...shouldn't you be in class?" Finally voicing her previous worry.

7,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx»ι јυѕτ сαη`τ ѕαy “ι lσvэ yσυ”
tomoko sakurai - - The Earth Bender
It's too far, that signpost to love
I won't let the love grow, no no
Inside my dreams it's like another world
I end up wearing my favorite outfits every day
Just so that I can catch his eye

Tomoko giggled uncontrollably as Ruku's tails tickled her, causing her to squirm and thrash in his arms. This persisted for the next few minutes, until she grew completely still, both of her ears sticking up from a buzzing sound. The buzzing isn't what bothered her, it was moreso what her seismic senses were picking up, what she used to detect vibrations in the ground to perceive objects, people, and other aspects of their environment, essentially acting as sonar, but through the earth. Except...this one wasn't touching the ground. Her naive little mind couldn't help but wonder if there were floating rocks around this campus. As the buzzing grew louder, she grew more anxious, perhaps it was another earthbender? It had been so long since she felt this sort of sensation. Highly distracted, her grip on Ruku's torso started to loosen, and she slid down his body until she was standing on her own two feet again.

As she caught sight of the buzzing's source, she had to shut her eyes, shake head head and reopen them to make sure she wasn't seeing things. The being almost resembled a ferret, only it's fur was pure white, and what surprised her even more, was that the creature had taken notice to her as well. Just when she thought things couldn't get any more shocking, the thing actually spoke to her, introducing itself. "Tobi..." She repeated, approaching him tenatively, like a kitten would when a human greeted it with it's hand to sniff. Tomoko's tail sways slowly behind her as she circled the creature, before reaching out and poking it's tail with her kimono-clad hand, quickly retracting it afterward. She continued to circle until she was in front of it again, her face showing her overwhelming confusion, almost seeming frustrated. "Tobi..." She repeated, her eyes squinting at the creature suspiciously for a few moments, before a big smile slowly started to replace her puzzed expression.

She stepped a bit closer and brushed her hand along his fur, closing her eyes and completely invading his personal space. "Mm..Diamond.." She murmured quietly, a small rumbling being heard from her purring. Without warning, she pressed her face against the creature's chest, nuzzling her cheek into it's fur to confirm her suspicions. Definitely diamond, if her seismic senses were correct, he was formed from the material itself, or perhaps something a little beyond her understanding. As awkward as this may or may not have been for the creature, it was perfectly normal for her. She felt drawn to him in an odd sense. Tomoko was so tempted to test her little theory, and see if she could pull him into her like a magnet, but even she was decent enough to know when manners were needed.....Sometime. Besides, she was unsure if she was capable of manipulating diamond. She was one of the few capable of bending metal, but she had never even seen a diamond before, let alone push herself to try and bend it. "Tomoko!! " She replied in a sudden outburst, possibly startling it as she pointed to herself to indicate what she was talking about, her awkward way of introducing herself with the mixed emotions of excitement and confusion. "Tomo..doesn't understand. Is Tobi a...diamond creature?"

Just one thing I wish for
When I'm asleep, I just want you by my side
I just want to be wrapped up in your heart
If it's the words "I like you" I can say it
I just can't say "I love you"

Dangerous Loiterer

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A r t u s σ G a i d e l
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image

"Oh?"

The elemental continued to float as the strange girl approached like a punished puppy, only to observe the diamond with extreme caution. Artus took the quick touches and circling stoically, only turning its head to try and follow her path. Otherwise, Artus remained hovering in the air, watching her curiously as the earth bending girl finished her observations, repeating his name with a growing smile. Odd, though it was, the floating beast found it fun, as strange was something Artus enjoyed so much. A small crystal seemed to jut out from the elementals tail, pinning it to the ground so that Tomoko's petting wouldn't disrupt its flight. Its wings stopped beating, folding so that they wouldn't be damaged by the hand passing overhead.
"Correct. I use Tigers eyes for my eyes, however." The creature said as it sat on its small crystal pedestal. Of course, Artus wouldn't dare land on others, for it would be rude and Artus was slightly heavy. Her introductory outburst caused the cautious elemental to flinch slightly, but otherwise remain rooted to its post. Her following question drew a chuckle from the diamond. Her odd way of speaking was mildly refreshing from the norm. "I am diamond. Though my primary color is pink. A pink diamond. I appear white now because I altered my structure and shape, canceling the lights that gave me the pink hue. In essence, you are speaking with a sentient rock, earth shaper." Artus explained, snapping its head sideways as if looking at something else, before returning its stare to Tomoko. "Would you prefer a human shape?" It asked. This shape was more mobile as it could hover above blocked and crowded halls, and generally move faster because of its flight.

█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌

♫ ♪ Located at. . .The halls!
♫ ♪ Feeling like. . .I am well.
♫ ♪ About to. . .Burrito chewing

Timid Genius

User Image
Joseph Law

Fjora's comment on humans not entirely being fully human was true. Albeit, Joseph possessed nothing of a magical nature. At least no such power that he knew of. However, Fjora seemed more intent on teasing him than having a philosophical discussion. At this rate his blush would never go away, and seemed to redden every time Fjora said something. "I...uh.." Mumbling, his body reacted slightly as Fjora nudged him. He tried to look away. "...Yeah. I guess I do now." Only responding with something coherent when Nyx made her commend about knowing two more people. It was hard to make eye contact with such a blush. It was for times like these that he tried to hide as much of his face under his bangs as possible. Having a mess of black hair came in handy that way.

Joseph shifted himself to re-adjust his balance after Fjora nudged him. His should bag heavy from a textbook and his laptop had offset his balance. With one slender hand, he pushed his glasses back into place while Fjora posed. He only glanced at her briefly as to not give Fjora another chance to tease him about something. "With all the different people at this school. I'd say yes. You could pass as a college student, Fjora." He answered, as Nyx hadn't. He listened to the brief conversation about Nyx's situation with her co-ed roomate. Thanking her in his head for moving Fjora's attention from him even if for a brief moment. Given he had been staring at her earlier, it should come to no surprise from Nyx that he had already guessed she was beyond human. He still listened to her explanation on her identity none the less.

His first impulse to ask Nyx what she actually was. However, he'd rather take that discussion at a later time and instead allowed Fjora to lead the trio to the cafeteria. "Sorry Fjora, I don't teach either.." He said in response to her question. "I am available for tutoring though.." He explained while following Fjora.

As the three were walking through one particular hallway. He noticed out the corner of his eye three unfortunately familiar faces. Boys his age, taller, meaner. They had done some rather cruel things to him last year and he was hoping to avoid them all together this year. Shivers shot up his spine when one caught his appearance and smiled before turning to say something to his two acquaintances. They seemed to disregard Nyx and Fjora and grin devilishly at Joseph. It caused Joseph to move in closer to Nyx as if to hide.

"What have we here?" One asked. Taller than the others. And far more muscular than the other two. "It's the loser from last year." While the other two laughed. Joseph tried his best to hide behind his bangs and Nyx. What a wonderful start to the new semester.

((Sorry that took so long... sweatdrop
Also, sorry about the image size. I'll re-size it later.))

bad news bearie's Husbando

Elizabeth and Catherine Gaidel
Queen and Princess of Another World

User Image
How Sabeth would perform as a father had always been a mystery to just about everyone. Of course, Catherine herself had never met him until now, so she had the least solid idea. Nevertheless, both Elizabeth and Sabeth himself had been somewhat uncertain. At her core, though, Elizabeth had always assumed that he would adapt well to the position one way or another. It was not a terribly far cry from being an educator to being a parent in some ways, although that very assumption was what had lead her to make some mistakes. Still, though she was loath to admit any faults of her own to just about anyone, she was not wholly unaware of them. Her mistake had been in her general lack of change. She had grown up quickly after the death of her own parents and while it gave her the ambition to achieve greatness, it made softening for the role of motherhood a bit difficult. Not that she couldn’t. Indeed, as far as she was concerned, she was making very quick strides toward the ideal in this area at this very moment. Nevertheless, Sabeth had already demonstrated considerable potential for change. Over the course of his long life (quite a bit longer than her own) he had gone from a marauding, soul devouring beast to a rather energetic and ambitious man, to a kindly, if somewhat distant caretaker of students. As of the current moment, Sabeth’s distance was likely to make interactions with Catherine a bit odd over time. Nevertheless, the interaction that had just played out before her confirmed her belief that he would adapt quickly enough. She was certain that all three of them would.

She smiled as Sabeth reassured Catherine that she wasn’t inconveniencing anyone. “Come now, Catherine, this is your time.” She assured her daughter. “We were very particular about making sure you’d be able to enjoy it.” The girl was very good at being polite, but assertiveness was something that she flagged a bit on as far as Elizabeth was concerned.

Catherine’s greeting of Sabeth’s “spiritual tenants” brought up one particularly unpleasant hurdle that they would need to pass before they could reach any semblance of normalcy, however. Sabeth’s past was something that she didn’t want Catherine to know of until she had met her father himself. Sure, she could try to emphasize his later years of dutiful service to the young people of the world, but Elizabeth found it very unlikely that anyone would really be able to get past the fact that he consumed the souls of other beings at one point. The only hope that she would see beyond that was if she met Sabeth first and first saw him the way he was now. Still, it was not going to be a fun conversation, and the parents would probably need to talk about it in advance.

The next moment proved that there were other residual facets of this problem as well; facets that might yet be even more problematic. It was clear that Catherine missed Den’s little appearance, but Elizabeth most certainly did not. She had known Sabeth for many years, and yet she had only encountered Den once or twice. Still there was no mistaking that that glance was not that of Sabeth, nor of Michaelo, nor of Anton. Her eyes met with his for that briefest of moments that he took command of Sabeth’s body. Think very carefully before you cause any trouble, Den. You’ll find that your lot in life can get so much worse if I think that you are any real threat to my daughter. She thought to herself. Den had appeared so little, that it was her hope that the somewhat unnerving (and potentially dangerous) individual had been successfully subsumed into what Elizabeth imagined had to be a swirling torrent of souls that were mulling about within Sabeth somewhere. Evidently that wasn’t the case. Still, she had indeed prepared some counter measures; not the least of which was the enrollment of Artus, Catherine’s lifelong guardian, as a fellow student. She would have to bring this up to Sabeth later, though, so that he could be especially vigilant.

User Image
Meanwhile, Catherine smiled softly as both of her parents quickly dismissed her polite deferral. "Well as long as you're both sure, then I would be both very happy and honored to take your tour." she responded. It was true that she didn’t want to inconvenience anyone, but it was also true that she really wanted to spend more time with her mother and father together as a family unit of sorts. Her mother might have thought that she was hiding her intentions from her young daughter, but she was actually quite perceptive for the most part. She sensed that, while her mother could have avoided talking about her father for negative reasons, that didn’t seem to be the case. In fact, she felt a particular fondness in Elizabeth’s tone when Sabeth came up that she didn’t hear at any other time, even if she skimped on any details once the subject arose. In any case, she was legitimately excited to learn anything that she could about her father and, as a more personal project about the relationship between her parents. She had a running theory on the matter that she wanted to confirm.

Her smile broadened as Sabeth relayed the positive sentiments of the others that lived within his body. She did notice a moment in which he gave Elizabeth a slightly unusual look, but she understood nothing of its implications and thought that it was simply some unspoken thought passing between the two of them (which, while true, was something of an underestimation). In any case, she turned her attention back to the question that Sabeth had presented her. She was about to assure him that she was perfectly fine, but her body decided to prove otherwise with a small growl from her stomach. “That sounds like an ideal place to start. If mother doesn’t mind, of course.” She replied looking between her two parents, an opportunity she very much enjoyed having.

Elizabeth smiled pleasantly in response. “Oh no that sounds fine to me. Why don’t you lead our little procession there Sabeth?” she asked. In truth, she would have normally balked at the idea of her or her daughter eating in a simple cafeteria, but given that it was indeed where Catherine would be mingling with other students, it was something she would have to get used to.
User Image
Fjora Biengia

"I'm a 'people'," Fjora chirped in, grinning jokingly with her hands on her hips. She glanced over her shoulder briefly, then looked back to Nyx as she explained about her race. This time she managed to keep her mouth shut, but wide eyes told that she was clearly interested, at the very least. She smiled, though, an odd little smile, and glanced of to the side, but remained silent on the subject. Instead she pouted when Nyx admitted not having any ties to the party, but immediately perked up and grinned as Joseph told her she could pass for a college student. "And worst case scenario, I just make myself look like someone else and try again until I finally get in!" she half-jokingly replied, winking as she did. She could do that, after all, if she really wanted.

"Aww man..." the highschooler whined, shoulders slumping as she found both of them didn't teach, "That's lame! I'm gonna hit you both up for help, though. What are you guys majoring in?" Currently, she was still walking backwards, keeping some vague idea of where she was going by glancing out of the corner of her eye over her shoulder. For the most part, though, she kept her gaze on the other two, hands in her pockets as she backward strolled towards the shared cafeteria. She blinked, though, when Nyx mentioned class, then gave a grin and raised a shoulder. "Hasn't started yet. Probably will soon, though," she answered.

She blinked when the three of them were approached by some guys Joseph's age, and she glanced at the boy to see him skirting away from the thugs. Quirking an eyebrow, she crossed her arms over her chest, shadowy tentacles slithering out around her feet. "I thought people grew out of bullying by college," she commented, "Apparently not..." He expression grew more annoyed, and her head bowed. "Can't you see we're having a conversation and on our own way somewhere? Piss off." It was clear she did not want to deal with them, and as she spoke, the hallway seemed to get darker, darkness climbing its way up the walls and across the ceiling, dripping down to the floor like solid water splashing to the ground. The temperature seemed to drop as well... but that could have just been a part of the illusion, suggested by the very fact that all their breath seemed to be growing visible. Seemed to... but Nyx and Joseph would know this was a trick due to her earlier disclaimer.

Dangerous Loiterer

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
M e i M o t o k a
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image

The subtle morning rays were fires to the sleeping eyes of Mei, the wanderer whom now attended class. Grumbling as the light forced her out of bed, and sluggishly into clothing, Mei stubbornly booted her body pillow away. It flopped against the wall, the face that was scribbled onto it giving Mei an evil grin.
"You are just as bad as he was." The woman snarled, before exiting her room in a huff. Mei wasn't the most feminine creature, hair strewn about in a bed-head fashion, clothes messily donned and crumpled from being thrown casually about the room. The dull red eyes searched for familiar life, but of course, Mei knew no one here. What a curse, to be thrown about each time a friend was made. She decided to throw some boulders about to alleviate the stress of it all, heading down and out into the courtyard. Her piercing gaze searched for large objects to push around, throw and crush. Classes were supposed to begin soon, and Mei wasn't hungry for food yet. She knew that would change as soon as class started.

█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌

Located at. . .The halls!
Feeling like. . .I am well.
About to. . .Burrito chewing

7,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx»ι јυѕτ сαη`τ ѕαy “ι lσvэ yσυ”
tomoko sakurai - - The Earth Bender
It's too far, that signpost to love
I won't let the love grow, no no
Inside my dreams it's like another world
I end up wearing my favorite outfits every day
Just so that I can catch his eye

Tomoko was obviously having a hard time grasping all of this information, her tongue plastered to her upper lip as the creature spoke. "Pink diamond? B..but that doesn't exist! Does it?...And if Tobi is a diamond, how is he talking!?" She asked curiously, still wondering if she were powerful enough to move diamond. It seemed logical, even to the young one, but was someone her age really capable? Tomoko was someone who could hardly contain herself when it came to pushing her limits and becoming stronger. "I..Is Tomo strong enough to move Tobi?" She asked nervously, seeming a bit jittery and on edge from holding herself back so much. It took a lot of self control, but the last thing she wanted to do was scare the little creature away. He was able to easily detect her abilities, so she could only hope he'd have knowledge on her limits.

It even had a human shape, baffling the small girl's mind even more! She hadn't realized it, but her sleeved hands were squeezing onto the sides of her kimono with exicitement. "Tobi has a human form!? Tomo wants to see! But...Tobi's little form is so cute..Nraaah~! It's so fluffy and..and.." She was now physically jittering, conflicted between keeping him in his fluffy form, or letting her curiosity get to her and see what his other forms looked like. "Let's see the human shape!"

Just one thing I wish for
When I'm asleep, I just want you by my side
I just want to be wrapped up in your heart
If it's the words "I like you" I can say it
I just can't say "I love you"

7,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

You reach out with fire and light;
Still, you cannot touch me.
It’s not that I don’t appreciate the gesture,
Oh no: I just can’t be touched,

Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things..

User Image
__________ __________

Travis felt naked without his blade, having left it up in his dorm after waking up that morning. He wasn't entirely sure if it were against the school rules to walk around with sharp opjects, sheathed or otherwise, so he just left it behind to prevent trouble. Besides, it wasn't like the lunch lady was going to pounce and try to attack him or anything. He sighed, not really liking the whole idea of returning to school, but at least he heard things would be different here. He'd encounter more people like himself, since he had acquired new abilities from that strange dream of his. Though he still felt that emptiness from missing his friend, he was greatful that he earned these new powers. They helped him do things. Ninja things. Nothing perverted at all that had to do with sneaking into women's locker rooms undetected.

Classes wouldn't be starting for a little while longer, so he decided maybe he'd become a little more familiar with his new temporary 'home'. He roamed the halls, hands in his pockets with his typical nonchalant demeanor, before spotting a strangely familiar green head of hair. He froze in his tracks, baffled for a few moments, eyes growing a bit wider. This isn't the first time this had happened. Everytime he spotted a girl with green hair (Which wasn't very common), he would have this kind of reaction. Almost like he had some strange green-hair syndrome. One time he had even squeezed and hugged some random stranger, whom proceeded to attack him afterward. He decided to take a different approach to this all, and simply follow her out to the courtyard.

After creeping- err....coincidentally going in the same direction as the green haired girl, he noticed her eyes were a piercing red color! No one else he knew had green hair and red eyes! And with curves like those, it simply had to be the one he had been searching for for so long. He was prepaired, though, in case it wasn't her, to come up with some little excuse. As he approached, his eyes caught onto something that only confirmed his suspicions! As he glanced down at her chest, a wide grin spread his lips under his face mask. There was simply no mistaking a pair like those. It just had to be her! To make sure, he approached casually, tapping her on the shoulder gently to get her attention. "Uh..Excuse me. Do I know you from somewhere?"

(( I too lazy to make new format and find new pictures! But I will do so very soon! ))

User Image

Dangerous Loiterer

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
M e i M o t o k a
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image

Mei had only just begun to start her routine, wrapping her hands around a boulder, and lifting it an inch or so above ground, before a hand tapped her shoulder. She spun around, a glare ready to berate whomever was interrupted her already spoiled morning. The face she saw stopped her cold. Staring for a moment at the person before her, the girls lips bobbed without words, unable to say anything at first. She reached out, touching the man's chest to see if he was real. By now, for all she knew she could have gone crazy.
"Travis?" She uttered, abruptly hugging him. She held tightly for a brief moment, before catching herself, pulling away roughly. "You were gone for so long! Why didn't you follow me!" Of course the statement was absurd. Mei had been whisked away to an entirely different land. It wasn't easy to follow her, but she couldn't show this one weakness. Even after being away from Travis for so long, her instincts quickly taught her to be rough again. Still, the girl was obviously too busy being glad to see him to put up her tough act. Her face was soft with happiness, and a smile inched on her lips. It was too good to see an old friend again like this. He even seemed a bit more dignified somehow. Mei knew she didn't look entirely the same either, but Travis seemed more manly than she remembered. She sighed, patting his shoulder. "I thought I would have to handle this world all by myself." She said casually, grinning her arrogance once more. "Attending school as well? Not like the usual adventuring, eh?"

█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌█▌

Located at. . .The courtyard!
Feeling like. . .Its him!
About to. . .Fall over with shock!
╔══════════════╗
Nyx Halloway
╚══════════════╝

User Image
Another laugh escaped the taller woman, her mouth quirking in a bemused little smile. Nyx could imagine trying to teach Fjora and almost laughed again-she seemed insatiable in her questions. Not that was a bad thing, mind, but still. The gargoyle had a feeling she'd be answering quite a few questions about her race when they finally made it into the cafeteria. And taking her word for it, Nyx allowed the conversation about the high school drop.

"I'm an Environmental Geoscience major," she announced proudly. As far as she knew gargoyles weren't frequent school-goers. One had to earn their freedom from whatever magician, sorcerror, etc had created them before being able to do whatever they wished. For while gargoyles were sentient beings they were still essentially more advanced golemns and thus still had to serve under whoever had summoned them either for a set period of time or until the master died. It was...unfortunate, but she'd been lucky in that her summoner had been kind and unlike other summoned creatures, once they were free another master could not take hold of them.

Drawn from her internal musings she was quick to add, "I essentially learn about geology and geography. I wish to get a career as a park ranger when I'm done." Inclinging her head towards Joseph she also added, "I, too, am available for tutoring if you'd want it. Math and science are my specialty." Before their male companion could get a chance to answer Fjora's question, however, Nyx's sixth sense alerted her to someone with malicious intent and her body stiffened just before the three other males approached. At least by now they were in the building that housed the cafeteria so that there would be less students to witness the oncoming confrontation.

The large woman easily stepped in front of Joseph when the other tried to hide behind her and she drew herself up to her full height, towering over even them by at least 1-2 feet, and glared down at the perpetrators. Even though they were not visible her wing were splayed wide aggresively and should any of the boys foolishly try to get around her and grab Joseph they'd get bloodied knuckles or palms from the graininess of her tough wings.

Although Fjora seemed to be handling the situation quite well Nyx couldn't help but bare her teeth in annoyance at the trio. There was a good possibility the three of them were not human either so to ensure they backed off she waited until one of the tendrils was closer to one of the boys before she lashed out with her invisible tail, making it seem liek the tendril had tripped him up. Though she was also careful not to knock him too hard; her tail was as abrasive as her wings and a hard hit could break soemthing.

Timid Genius

User Image
Joseph Law

Joseph would have been more than happy to share his major with his two new friends. Unfortunately, Fjora's questions would have to wait as the trio approached. Joseph knew Fjora was capable of doing a great many magical things. However, those boys weren't intimidated by anything. From what Joseph could remember, the largest one was named Jack. He was the captain of the weight lifting club. He was the one to step in front of Nyx and size her up. Even if she did stand a good 1-2 taller than the other two. Jack nearly matched her height. Part of that was the reason Joseph was scared of him the most. Although, it had more to do with Jack being a werewolf. The other two boys were as well, but they didn't come close to being as scary as Jack was. "I'd stay away from the deer if I was you." Jack explained, transforming as he did. Luckily, his clothes grew with him. Deer being the nickname they gave Joseph last year. Innocent enough, but it meant he was their prey.

By the time the other two had transformed, everyone in the hallway had cleared out. Either not interested in seeing what was about to happen, or Fjora's illusion had scared them off. When Nyx tripped one of the smaller ones with her tail, causing the boy to whimper in surprise. That was the momen they made a move for Joseph. Jack reaching out but is hands collided with Nyx's wing and he howled in pain as he withdrew his furry fingers. By this point, the third and smallest werewolf had used the lockers and Jack's frontal attempt to grab Joseph to jump over Fjora and Nyx and make a grab at Joseph. He landed in front of the scared human and grinned. "You're mine, Deer!" Before the last one could grab him, Joseph ducked and made a break for it. Running down the long hallway as the werewolf gave chase.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff