Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lightbringer

User Image
__________Kreiva Ruskilitzer_________

[ - - - An inn in the residential district - - - ]

The fifth ranker showed the same uncertainty and distrust that the witch had held for him mere moments ago. A mutual feeling made sense. Technically, it was relieving that he showed the same sort of wariness - had he merely jumped on board with the insane idea then she would have even more reason to be cautious of him. He was none too pleased with the prospect, though. She wanted to somehow be snarky and justified about it, since she had no way of knowing what she had wrought, but a small part of her had to admit that he, and subsequently the inn tenants, would not be in danger were it not for her. Kreiva averted her eyes out of the nagging guilt of her stupid conscience.

Without another word, the blonde girl followed the taller lad downstairs and proceeded to wait patiently by the front door. She retained her spiteful nature by shooting glares at anyone that looked at her - like hell she would be giving up her mean streak just because of an unintentional blunder.

Azure Ryuu
User Image

ʟaяκ вoяεɴ
---- Malae Lake ----

---- Company: others, Cael, Arilian, and Tahlian ----

tab As Lark heaved up water, his mind filled with the nightmarish image of his ruthless father, reaching out to suffocate him. Tears filled his eyes as he painfully vomited the murky liquid.

tab I have to calm down. Calm down, he thought to himself as he gasped for oxygen. He forced himself into a sitting position, his knees against his chest, his arms tightly keeping his legs in place. With his sword still in hand, he concentrated on what just took place in order for him to once again bury the memory. His soaked body shivered uncontrollably; whether it was from the cold or another, more psychological reason was unclear. What was clear was that something odd had just occurred. A person turning into a dragon hybrid of sorts? Where had he read this? After a moment's thought, Lark abruptly jolted apart, his legs out straight in front of him, his hands in his lap. How he had avoided cutting himself to shreds with that sword of his was a mystery.

tab "Dragon physiology!" Lark shouted as a light flicked on in his brain. "I've only read this in books. It's my first time seeing this kind of phenomenon. To think someone like that was attending the school. How many people know about this...?" He murmured to himself thoughtfully, his left hand now holding his chin and the sword beside him.

User Image

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
User Image
Cael Irritum
╔════════════════════════════════╗
Where at: Malae Lake
With: Arilian, Lark
Mood: Excited
╚════════════════════════════════╝
"Hey? Kid, you were the one who's dragon went on that little rampage yesterday right? Making sure that was you, cause I tried waking you up yesterday and now today. Can we stop that before it becomes a daily thing between us?" he said trying to get the boy's attention. He sat up and listened in as he spoke about the 'dragon physiology' and about the dragon hybrid. "I don't know if that's a good thing to be happy over since she just tried to kill you not too long ago. Though she's pretty and makes a good sparing partner in that form." he rested his arms on his knees and now his head on his arms, while looking at the girl. "Even if it is a rare find, if she was scared to let it out and went on a rampage, it's probably best not to let many know or even better to keep it between us here. That is, IF, you can keep a secret." his eyes turned to look at the boy while his face still faced the girl.

Azure Ryuu

Shiruke Ryu

User Image

━━ Arilian Kamitore ━━

✩✩✩✩✩

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tahlian the Dragon

The boy wasn't breathing and Tahlian didn't know what to do. Actually, there wasn't much he could do since he wasn't the correct size to give the boy CPR. A small jolt of pain caught his attention, however, and when he peered over towards Arilian and the spare boy he noted that his rider had been knocked out. For this he was thankful. Apparently he had been correct in assuming the other boy could handle himself. Shortly after, the boy with the pole-arm made his way over to them carrying Arilian in his arms. He set her down gently before turning his attention to the not breathing male. This is when Tahlian took a second to check over his young female. She was fine and had even shifted back. Of course she'd probably have quiet a headache upon waking.

It took a few moments but finally the drowned boy came to, coughing up the water he managed to swallow. He seemed dazed at first but then something hit him and he jolted. Tahlian blinked as the sword boy shouted out about Arilian's gift and what he had read about it. In a way this was becoming dangerous. Not many were suppose to know about the gift but Tahlian was almost thankful for it. Perhaps these two could help Arilian master her inner demon. Laying down, Tahlian placed himself next to his fallen rider as he listened to the other boy try to convince his friend to keep Arilian's secret. A small growl of approval escaped Tahlian as he tried to put in his two sense. Too bad these boys couldn't understand his language like Arilian could.

ʟocɑтιoɴ ⇨ Malae Lake coмρɑɴy ⇨ Arilian, Boy with a Sword (Lark) and Boy with a Staff(Cael) мood ⇨ Concerned

Shiruke Ryu

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
xxxxx╠╩═════════╩╣xxxxx
𝔪𝔦𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔢𝔩 𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔬𝔫
xxxxx╠╦═════════╦╣xxxxx

✩✩✩✩✩

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Michael didn't pay much attention to the female trailing him as he made his way back downstairs and into the main lobby. His mind was everywhere right now trying to sort all this out. If the mask was the cause and someone wanted it back, didn't that mean not only this place but the people that came into contact with the mask was in danger too? On top of that, how was this person tracking the mask's movements? They couldn't be everyone at once watching for it, right? Finally the front desk came clear and the owner's daughter looked up from her logging book to smile at him. "Hello Levi!" After a moment she realized he held his bag and his dragon and a confused look crossed her face. "Are you..leaving?" He nodded his head softly and took a step forward. "Unfortunately yes, but listen and listen carefully. I'm sure you've heard that the infirmary burnt down and the school doesn't believe it was an accident." Once she nodded, Michael began to explain his warning but without given details about the mask. Normally he would had doubted she would believe him but having a reputation here helped pull some strings and she promised to tell her parents and be on the look out.

Now finished with his duty, Michael followed the grumpy girl's steps and made it outside. He caught her shooting glares at people who passed and dare look in her direction. "I would complain that you're scaring off customers for the Inn but that might be a good thing." For a second he just lingered, unsure of where he was going to go before he started to head towards the forest. He supposed he would just have to camp out there until he was sure no one was trailing him. "Now, about this dream.." He paused for a moment, making sure he was ready to talk about this and keeping his voice low so they wouldn't be over heard. "In my dream I saw different elements and hooded figures with the same mask on. One of the figures was missing a mask but I couldn't see their face." Swiftly he looked at the grumpy girl from the corner of his eye to try and catch her current expression. He wanted her to be truthful, but he wasn't sure he could trust her to be so on her own.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

ʟocɑтιoɴ ⇨ Outside the Ceremony Hall ж coмρɑɴy ⇨ Grumpy Girl (Kreiva) and Evaliir ж мood ⇨ Thoughtful

Takarashi

Quote:

User Image
User Image

ʟaяκ вoяεɴ
---- Malae Lake ----

tab Cael's voice broke through Lark's thoughts as he rambled on about this rare scenario. When the boy mentioned a rampage and his unconsciousness, Lark turned around to gaze at Gure suspiciously. Standing up, he crossed his arms, and asked, "Gure, what did you do? Rampage? What happened and why didn't you tell me?"

tab Gure turned its head away, evading eye contact. It snorted in response, unhappy that Cael mentioned the incident.

tab "Gure! You know you shouldn't do those things! People were hurt, weren't they, Gure? It's been the third time you've done this! Haven't you learned?" Lark changed personalities as he lectured Gure, motioning with his hand that would remind anyone of an adult scolding a child. Gure sighed and turned to face him, snarling. Lark turned away, sighing as well and massaging the space between his eyes as he shook his head. When Cael brought up the subject of keeping this dragon physiology a secret and the dragon growled in agreement, Lark was reminded there were others present. Becoming flustered, his face grew pink as he replied, "Y-yes, I think th-that would be the b-best thing to do. Don't worry, I-I can keep secrets."

tab Gure rolled its eyes at its master's personality switch. It always annoyed it when Lark acted shy and innocent. And smart. That was the worst part. His photographic memory was annoying, his voice was annoying, everything about him was annoying.

User Image

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
User Image
Cael Irritum
Mood: Relaxed
"I would have thought that you would have known from the announcement this morning." He thought over on what the deal was with this boy. He acted shy and flimsy earlier but now he seemed like he was a different person. In his lessons he was told of a rare case in some of the wealthier people, but also lower class, that developed a second person within them. Something he thought was split people, or persona or something. This kid didn't seem to have it but he definitely showed something of it. "That doesn't exactly sound like you're sure of yourself. Might have to think of some leverage..." his eyes spotted the light reflecting off the gold and jeweled sword. "So does that mean you're wealthy or something?" he said, getting up and going to check on the girl. Temperature, pulse, breathing. Doesn't look like she was hurt but he had to figure out some way to pay her for the headache, after checking for a bruise which wasn't there.

Azure Ryuu

Shiruke Ryu

User Image

━━ Arilian Kamitore ━━

✩✩✩✩✩

The sound of voices talking caused her to stir but she didn't yet open her eyes. Her head was pounding and she felt like she had been hit by a dragon's tail. Slowly she tried to recall where she was. That's right..she was by the lake and with Tahlian's prompting she had called upon her transformation, but last she remember, she had been alone. What where people doing here now? They battled you. What?! Tahlian wasn't one for sugar coating things and he wanted her to know the truth. She had to stop fearing her power. That meant she had lost control, hadn't it? Is that why her head was hurting? Someone took her down. The sound of foot steps drew close and Arilian stilled for a moment. It was a boy and he was still talking to someone else, asking if they were rich.

Slowly her eyes fluttered open and instantly they burned. It took a few seconds of blinking to get her vision back and then a boy with long silver hair came into view. He was bent over her looking at her. He's been monitoring you to make sure you are alright. I think he feels responsible for knocking you out. So he managed to take her own his own? And she hadn't hurt him? A mix of relief and fear rushed through her. She had lost control but someone stopped her before she did any damage. Struggling, Arilian attempted to push herself up into a sitting position, but her body was weak as it always was after a transformation. To her side she caught glance of another boy with silver hair and he was holding a sword. He appeared to be wet and embarrassed or something; Arilian wasn't sure what to make of him. "Who are you guys? Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry!" Any emotional check she had placed on herself the previous day was gone and she felt herself becoming guilty inside. She had attacked someone again. She really had no control. At this point she was close to tears but she fought to hold them back.

ʟocɑтιoɴ ⇨ Malae Lake coмρɑɴy ⇨ Tahlian, Boy with a Sword (Lark) and Boy with a Staff (Cael) мood ⇨ Upset

Phoenix347

Shiruke Ryu

Quote:

User Image

ʟaяκ вoяεɴ
---- Malae Lake ----

tab "N-no, I-I'm sure I can keep secrets!" Lark said in a panic. It's embarrassing when others say things like that. Especially since it's true: he never sounds sure of himself, only when he becomes angry. Gure snorted in frustration. Sitting back down, he cradled his weapon with a pout, attempting to find a way to sound more certain. When Cael asked as he check the health of the girl, if he was wealthy, Lark was taken aback. No one has ever bothered with his past, family, and such.

tab "W-wealthy? U-um, I doubt it... I'm middle-class. Th-this sword, um, was a g-gift from my... my m-m-mother," Lark barely managed to get the word out; he had never used it for twelve years. His fathers had banned him from saying this everyday noun, refusing to tell Lark the reason why. He had no idea how or when his mother had gotten such a priceless object, but he was grateful to her. Years ago, when he was barely the age of five, he was investigating his house, thinking his fathers were hiding something from him. Sure enough, he found this weapon in a locked drawer, a lock he picked with a spare piece of metal. His birth father was horrified that he discovered this, and beat him half to death, trying to make Lark give it up. After Lark was so bloody it was almost impossible to recognize him, the man gave up and allowed the poor boy to keep it. As Lark was reliving this atrocious event in his life, the girl had woken up and was sincerely apologizing for all she has done.

tab "I-It's fine. I've been through worse th-than this, s-so there's no need for you to w-worry," Lark said reassuringly.

User Image

Lightbringer

User Image
__________Kreiva Ruskilitzer_________

[ - - - Residential District - - - ]

Kreiva made sure to keep the silver-haired lad in her peripheral vision while offering out her nasty looks to others. The last thing she needed was having him secretly spread rumors to make her a suspect or something. She knew it to be an irrational thought, but right now a miniature storm was hanging over her mind. Who was to be trusted? What was she supposed to do? Damn it, why was every faucet of this school just ceaseless torture?! She let out a huff, though to an observer it might have just seemed that she was fed up with waiting or something. Finally, they exited the building and could be on their way.

She ignored his first comment about her demeanor. She already knew from plenty others that she had all the warmth and invitation of a grizzly bear. When he started to discuss the dream, though, he commanded more of the witch's attention. The details he gave her matched what she had seen to the letter. There was definitely more to this than a bunch of coincidence, then. A strange look crossed her mean face. For the first time in public, genuine worry could be seen in her features. "The one you couldn't see," she asked slowly, "did it look like their face was dark? Like it just... consumed light?" She said the last bit with a pause, having needed a moment to think about it. She felt a tad childish in the way she spoke, but she didn't know how else to put it.

Azure Ryuu

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
User Image
Cael Irritum
Cael gave her a large grin when she woke up, speaking not to loudly if she had a headache, and not to softly so he could hear him if she was having trouble. "Well good morning there sleeping beauty. Did beast show you a few tricks?" He said before she sat up and spoke. "Calm down. No body's hurt. Actually, let me rephrase that. Nobody was hurt beyond some sleep. You went all berserk trying to kill him..." he pointed to Lark, "Whose name I still don't know. In response I decided to take your attention which thankfully worked. Sadly the only way I could think to stop you was ummmm... Well to put it lightly I kinda hit you in the head. Any headaches or seeing handsome men when it's just us two?" He didn't know why but he thought he could just talk without reserve to this girl. And make jokes even though he hit her in the head. He's met other girls in weird ways, but this was the first meeting where he was not only attacked, but had to knock her out. The thought made him laugh out loud. "Sorry, odd thought passed through my head."

Azure Ryuu

Shiruke Ryu

════════════════════════════════════════════
Malik
════════════════════════════════════════════

Malik was left very perplexed by the man. No, that was an understatement but the proper word escaped his mind while trying to figure out the man he was talking to. He seemed to be describing himself, and yet acted offended at the idea of it. Still if this man was who Malik thought him to be, and if he wasn't then this was part of a horribly elaborate trick, the only way to get an answer from the man seemed to be to play along with his behavior. If he was going to make a fool of himself he resolved, he would do it going to far rather then not enough. "If I were to speak to him," Malik started, "I would ask him for instruction. For I have come here to learn magic, being told that this would be a good place to learn. As there is not any other teacher that teaches magic, I was hoping that he could direct me to who I could learn my magic that was not intended for combat."

Takarashi

Lightbringer

Master Faust
[Business District]

The strange man sized up the newcomer. Though his features and choice of dress made him look rather wild, the more observant would see that his gaze had depth to it. They did not look for the most impressive things, or the most grotesque, but what would remain even through age and injury. The only way his look could properly be described would be to say that he saw the bare soul of every being - human, dragon, or otherwise. He saw secrets, dreams, and fears. Of the things that he did see, though, not a word ever passed his lips. Such things belonged only to their bearers. Without breaking eye contact, the strange man reached into the pocket of his shabby pants and withdraw a small, ordinary stone. "This is a rock." He stated, and showed it to the young man as though he may have never seen one in his life. "This rock can tear flesh, gouge eyes, block the esophagus, crush small creatures in their entirety, break the back of a steed carrying one thousand others, and give you a nice bump on the head." He then tossed the rock into his opposite hand. "This rock can also form the foundation of a castle, mark symbols for one lost in the woods, ignite an unknown love between a couple who found it as children, save the life of an ant caught in water just too deep for their being, and develop hands so nimble that they will catch a cliff edge when falling to your doom." He punctuated his last words by tossing the rock in the air haphazardly and snatching it with his original hand at an almost inhuman speed. "This rock neither creates nor destroys. It is the hands in which it rests that decides what it will ultimately do. But if one masters this rock's infinite destruction, so too would the knowledge of its infinite creation come with it, supported by the realization of the true nature of the dangers it possesses. Theory tells. Experience teaches." He then returned the rock to his pocket. "But that instructor? Total nutcase. You'd be better off learning how to bake bread, in my opinion."

Bortelex
User Image

━━ Arilian Kamitore ━━

✩✩✩✩✩

Apparently the guy hovering over her had jokes as he called her sleeping beauty and referred to himself as beast. She didn't bother correcting him about the story that the woman with the beast was Belle, not Sleeping Beauty. After her little out pour of apologies, the boy with the sword answered her first telling her it was fine and that he had been through worse. Of course, that didn't make her feel any better about what she did. To her side the other boy told her to calm down and that no one was hurt except for her. For a brief moment her nerves began to calm. She didn't mind if she was hurt as long as she hadn't hurt anyone else. That is, until he told her that she had tried to kill the boy with the sword. He explained that he had distracted her from her original task and managed to knock her out with a blow to the head.

Distantly she nodded and lifted a hand to feel the back of her head where it hurt slightly. That explained the headache and sensitivity. Again he attempted to make a joke and Arilian simply looked at him. Was he crazy? "Why are you not scared of me? I just turned into a monster and attempted to kill you!" She just wasn't understanding how this guy could be so calm and continue cracking jokes in this situation. Actually, why was she just sitting there? She shouldn't stay around them. A little too quickly she attempted to get to her feet and her head reeled, making her sway dizzily. Tahlian lightly lifted his tail to support his rider under the arm as he watched her with concern.

ʟocɑтιoɴ ⇨ Malae Lake coмρɑɴy ⇨ Tahlian, Boy with a Sword (Lark) and Boy with a Staff (Cael) мood ⇨ Upset

Phoenix347

Shiruke Ryu

Quote:

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
User Image
Cael Irritum
Cael pointed his finger at her. "Okay, we're people who deal with dragons on a daily basis who consider them a part of our lives and part of the norm. That, and magic make up this world around us. Do you really think having someone change into a dragon is surprising? And wasn't there a witch who changed into a dragon in the sleeping beauty story?" he said scratching his head and thinking. When she tried to stand up, he jumped to his feet to get to her, but her dragon was already on top of it. Dragons and dragon masters really are partners he thought. "You should be taking it easy for now. Nobody that I've met so far can just take a flat hit to the side of the head and walk around fine. Plus you shedding that stuff from earlier must mean you're tired or out of energy." he stay standing just in case, but stays near where he sat. "Which reminds me, I don't think I'll ever meet someone in such a way I knock them out or try to wake them up from sleep. My name's Cael. Cael Irritum. Nicely met you two." He gave a slight bow out of habit. after he spoke.

Azure Ryuu

Shiruke Ryu

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas