Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Poster

User Image

Saphira+Arvander

Headmistress of Arvander Academy

Saphira watched as the girl struggled for air. It was a common attack for her to use, fighting a person with their own clothing. Not only did it catch them off guard, but it had an added psychological effect as well. It was hard to feel in control of a situation when your opponent could dominate the very clothes you were wearing after all. However she could tell the girl was starting to really struggle, and was ready to loosen her hold should she not be able to fight out. However it seemed Lynn had managed to escape by tearing away her own scarf, a desperate yet effective maneuver. Saphira watched as the girl leapt over her head and landed near the weapons rack. She wondered what the girl would take, and was a bit surprised that she took a bamboo staff as well. When Sam took a swing at her Saphira held out her own bamboo staff to block the strike. Then in a pretty impresive display of power she pulled her hand away from the staff, the staff itself staying in the air and locked with Lynn's continuing to block the attack thanks to her telekinesis, and reached out and caught Lynn's ankle, skidding back a few inches from the force of the kick, but still held fast onto her. "impressive strength , and a good grasp of flowing from one attack to the next. I'd say you might have won allready if you were fighting another student" she said with a motherly smile. However suddenly she pulled her head back while at the same time pulling Lynn closer to her, and swung her head forward delivering a brutal headbut to the vampire.

Hollow Light

Inquisitive Paladin

8,650 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

"Strengths" swaying with devotion...

...Weaknesses" swaying in vain.

ℓyηη

Sam's head lurched back in immediate response to the attack. Pain shot through her form - enough to cause her to drop the staff from numbness. It was so difficult to move since she felt then that it was over but Sam willed herself enough to kick off of her aggressor and land awkwardly. I just can't give up. I can't. She knew that she was to lose - her body said so - yet she still continued. Her feet shifted slowly to Arvander before they suddenly picked up speed. " Argh!", she screamed as she went in for a drop kick, and then followed for a second all in one attack.

M o o d: Shocked, Enraged

L o c a t i o n: Combat Class

pdragon619
I feel like I'm going to lose for an odd reason... XD

Generous Conversationalist

6,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
P E N E L O P E

User Image

Pen saw her kick blocked and did a few flips backwards away from Marcello. She grinned a little.

"Thanks. I've had much practice." Having three older brothers helped the Seelie royal in speed and strength. She wasn't as powerful as them, but she could definitely hold her own. Soon, thought of the young mage's tatics came into her mind. He's a good blocker. Fast reflexes, too. I'll have to be wary of this guy, she thought. The auburn-haired faerie stared at him once she stopped doing flips before coming up with an idea to throw off his perspective. She then ran at him again, but this time flipped around until she was behind him. Using her glamour magic, she made the leg she was raising up look like it has turned into solid metal. However, the only way to tell if it was glamour is if you were adept with glamour or the moment you felt the attack wasn't intensified with the way it looked. She threw a front snap kick at Marcello's back, wondering if it would be blocked or not.

Spachular
It's ok. Mine is short, too.

Quotable Poster

User Image

Saphira+Arvander

Saphira clutched her own head and actually chuckled a bit, the way someone did after doing something hilariously dumb. "sorry about that, I forgot nobody wins in a headbutt" she said rubbing her forehead, and smiling at Lynn despite the fact they were still in a fight. "I must say your pretty hard headed, I just hope that doesn't transfer over into your personality" she joked, not understanding how on the nail she was. She allowed Lynn to kick off of her and waited for her next attack, sensing from her body language that it might be her last. When the drop kick came in Saphira tried to swat her away with the staff, but the bamboo snapped under the force of Lynn's kick, shattering splinters everywhere and throwing the Headmistress off guard. However when Lynn went for her second attack Saphira slid a foot back to brace herself, the first time she had to do so the whole fight, and caught Lynn's limbs as she struck, sliding back a little but otherwise unharmed. She brought Lynn's face close to hers and smiled down at the girl. "you did pretty well, you certainly deserve your position, but I think that will be all for now. Wouldn't want that healthy young body to fall apart now would we?" she asked, giving Lynn a teasing wink, made worse by the fact their faces and bodies were still very close to each other. she chuckled a bit and released the vampire girl, turning to watch the others fight.

Hollow Light
oh come on don't give up hope. She's only the most powerful being in the school. No sweat!

Inquisitive Paladin

8,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

ℓyηη

The vampire removed herself from the fight for a moment; her body finally gave. She fell to the floor on her knees - elated that it was over. I must be pretty good to survive against a phoenix.. She did not show her happiness externally, but on the inside she was reallly excited. Her blood flowed moreso than usual. She could actually see the pulses of others as if she owned x-ray vision. "Now the pot is calling the kettle black. ", Sam joked with her Headmistress; a rare occurrance. She rosse from off the ground without even using her arms. There was still fight left in her. "Why worry about my body when you made me undead? ", her fists cracked after she utterred this. With darkened, bloodied eyes she glared at her opponent with fist raised. It was fight she was going to finish no matter the cost. Sucide or victiory - those were her choices. Once more, she threw a horizontal kick to Arvander since there was no offical call for the end of the battle.

M o o d: Determined, Recharged

pdragon619
Unfortunately, Sam is honorable (hard-headed) so she must continue to fight..
I'm cheering for you Sam - you little tsundre crying

Quotable Poster

User Image

Saphira+Arvander

Saphira chuckled at a bit at Lynn's joke. "a pot? I'd like to think I am more of a fine vase" she retorted. When the girl suddenly rose up she raised an eyebrow. She seemed to want more, using the flame of life she had given her as an excuse to keep going. Saphira sighed and shrugged and allowed the young buck to charge. When Lynn delivered another kick Saphira caught it again and stared into the Vampire girl's darkening eyes. "this is why you should worry about your body" she said, and with a quick rotation of her arm she snapped and dislocated Lynn's knee, causing it to bend in the opposite direction it should have. Not a life threatening injury, but an incredibly painful one.

Hollow Light
oh come on don't give up hope. She's only the most powerful being in the school. No sweat!

Shadowy Bookworm

7,825 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Marcello Ambel

Marcello listened to Pen and noticed formal her speech was. "I take it you a noble of some sort from the way you speak." He watched he the woman flipped around him. He raised an eyebrow when he saw her leg turn to metal. He didn't have much time to move so he quickly brought up his hand and made a barrier to try and block it. When her leg hit the barrier and didn't brake through Marcello was a little confused. "Its an illusion, but not from the arcane school, if it was I would have been able to see through it. A form of magic I've never seen, I may come to like this place." The boy started making mental notes when he remembered what class he was in. "Oh yeah I'm fighting." He said as though he had completely forgotten. He raised his hand aiming for her chest. "Gust of Wind." As he uttered the spell strong winds shot from his hands.

Renee Hikari Malfoy

Inquisitive Paladin

8,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

ℓyηη

The force was too much to bear - her knee broke under the tension. Sadness and regret hit her - her face looked defeated and left into shock. How !? How can this be !!! Oh how useless that flame of life was now that injury was given. She now had to rely on her own charms to pull through. Sam's body hit the floor in the few seconds she spent in what seemed like a slowed version of time. "Argh!!", her scream was at least very real. The pain was tremendous, but not like the pain to follow. Very soon her knee will set itself in place as it was - basically causing the injury in reverse. She clutched her injury in a futile attempt to block the feeling. Her eyes fell once more to their normal hue as it all rushed through. The vampire glare upwards to her opponent after a moment to take all the sorrow inside, and seemed now stoic from the shock. "I want to continue.", she said in a courageous tone found only in fools. It was then that her knee began to move, causing her flinch as it slid around and her leg moved. A sickening chain of popping cracking then was heard before she gasped for air. It was terribly painful.

M o o d: Shocked, Pained, Stubborn

pdragon619
Aw come on - why did you have to go and break her leg?
Ah well, I guess that monstrous healing factor comes into play now..

Generous Conversationalist

6,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
P E N E L O P E

User Image

Pen raised an eyebrow at Marcello's comment, but smiled.

"Yep." The Seelie princess had hoped her kick would be strong enough to go through the barrier, but it did not. It was a bit disheartening, but the fact that the young Mage could not recognize the glamour she used to make her leg look metal pleased her. However, the auburn-haired faerie wasn't going to tell him what it was. At least, not specifically.

"That's right. It's rather fun to use, too." Pen did not expect the wind magic to be used and felt her body fly back when the magic hit her. Her back landed against the wall roughly and the Seelie royal let out a small grunt as she made contact with the wall's surface. Ouch, that hurt. I'll probably have a bruise on my back by tonight, she thought. She looked back at him and grinned.

"You're pretty good with your magic skills." And it's time for me to get a little more serious, she thought. Pen walked away from the wall, but stopped when she was three feet away from it. She crouched down and felt the muscles and skin of her back shift around. Soon, she jumped into the air, being carried up by a pair up wings that appeared out of her back. The wings looked like butterfly wings that started off with a bright red towrads the center of her body before becoming many shades of red like maroon and burgandy before it rached black edges. The Seelie royal flew up around the room above Marcello. Let's see how he deals with FLYING targets, she thought.

Spachular

Quotable Poster

User Image

Saphira+Arvander

Saphira looked down at the girl as she writhed in pain. She watched as the injury seemed to reverse itself and for a moment she thought the flame of life was fading, but she thought differently seeing the pained expression on Lynn's face. The Flame of Life didn't cause pain when it reverted a person back to their prior state. "sorry, but your in no shape to fight, and the flame of life in you will fade soon. The more I fight you the greater chance I'll slip up and seriously hurt you, and I'd rather not have the flame die out when I do" she said, basically telling her "if you keep fighting I'll probably kill you" which she meant. Even Saphira got a little carried away sometimes, evidenced by how casually she was able to snap the girl's leg without any hesitation or remorse.

Hollow Light
actually the flame of life restores the subject back to their state of being before the flame was used, meaning Lynn's body would return to the way it was before the fight started, so any injuries sustained during it heal as well, just not until the end.

Shadowy Bookworm

7,825 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Marcello Ambel

"Well I would hope so, I've been doing magic since I was born." Marcello watched as Pen jumped in to the air and grow butterfly wings. "Well that's interesting." He said as he watched her fly around the room. He nodded to himself then he started to hover a few inches off the ground. He was using wind magic to hover, he could move faster this way and if he was going to fight a flying enemy he was going to need to be fast. Marcello sighed to himself, since he couldn't use most of his spells this fight just got quite a bit more difficult. "Okay lets try this. Magic Lance." He said as he raised his hand and a large bolt shot toward her.

Renee Hikari Malfoy

Inquisitive Paladin

8,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

ℓyηη

The vampire clenched her lag and stared at her aggressor. The phoenix was right that she flame was fading - she could feel it withering. " I guess I lost then.. ", she said defeated yet also glad. Her hand then reached out before she pulled herself up with the help of her extreme determination. Sam sighed since she actually lost to a higher being. It insulted her pride in an unimaginable way. "I suppose a rematch is out of the question then ?", she joked with her Headmistress while still a bit in touch with her dark side, but she did smile to her. There were cravings for blood - either murder or hunger. Maybe I need to feed again. Tomo wouldn't like that though She battled whether to ask since it was rude to do so.

M o o d: Defeated, Hungry, Glad

pdragon619
Ah - that makes sense. Maybe I can play it off like it was shock she was feeling since she saw her knee get effed-up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff