Welcome to Gaia! ::

((Heh, I gave you about a week's notice, you know. Would it help, perhaps, if I posted some amount of -what was it that person said a while back? Ah, yes- flowery so as to seem purple writing, to give a potential more structured option?))

Ruthless Phantom

((I suppose so...I'm still trying to get a good grasp on the magnificent setting, and most of my introductions are pretty foul - nothing really great. My character usually walks into the building and looks around....horrible. I really should try to be more creative))
((Okay then. Perhaps this will help and inspire you, though that last part is somewhat doubtful...))

"Assyeaws, k'mt oirwbru'k 'ooewbruxwa, u qukk jukk rgwn die rgua!"

The nearly-screamed comment was heard echoing all about the first few levels, and was even said to carry up to the high levels through open windows. Only one individual flinched upon hearing the outburst, and promptly hastened to be present in the open space before the Citadel's front entrance, where it was now a widely known fact that one irate Master of the First Hall, awaited the arrival of potential apprentices.

Rikath, in the meantime, was pacing all of his five foot, one quarter inch frame rapidly before the very unsympathetic doors. His hair has seen a fair few runnings of hands through it so far, and it wasn't quite noon yet. At the moment, though, his hands were suffering severe indecision, switching from being clasped together firmly behind his back, and wringing each other in front.

It was in such a state, pacing, grumbling, and unable to keep his hands at his side, that Seras found him, and could hardly contain his laughter. He was a perfect picture of agitated worry. Then again, Seras himself could hardly blame him. Without students entering in, his entire Hall would consist of those who had yet to pass off the ability to move up to the Second Hall. Those in that category that didn't drive the small man to a point of distraction, would not be remaining in his Hall for very much longer. And so, until individuals began arriving, the Master Watchman took it upon himself to save the nearby foliage, unwary students, and general well-being of the front entrance, and keep his friend calm.

"Stop worrying, old friend. Any with the desire to miss this opportunity, to be taught by one such as yourself, is a fool." he called warmly, enjoying the feeling of deep satisfaction in seeing the blonde man jump and spin about to him abruptly, obviously startled.

"You have the freedom to say that, my young friend. It is not you that will be confined to instructing the impossible!" came the fiery retort. In truth, Rikath was relieved to hear such from Seras, as reassurance from a friend, and a definite show that, even without many students, the Master of the First Hall would not be required to take up Journeyman status again.

"Come now, old man. If they are as impossible as you claim they are, then I would be required to see to the matter to some degree or other, would I not?" Seras commented idly, offering an almost conspiratory wink to the other man.

Rikath, in response to this, merely huffed out a breath of air, folding arms across his chest. A silent indicator that Seras had won, and if such was the case, Rikath would play along.

Seras smiled triumphantly, walking over and giving the shorter man a firm thump on the shoulder, oblivious of the staggering that caused from said man, "Now all we must do is wait."

Rikath shot him a baleful red gaze. Why did he go and say that?...

((Hopefully that is acceptable...))

Ruthless Phantom

((Great opening post! Mine shall bow humbly down to yours, because I cannot follow that))

The Citadel was by far the most imposing and fascinating building Ruko Altheas had seen in his life. It rested near the horizon like some kind of eerie guard, and Ruko, though still some distance from it, felt hesitant, nearly wary. He knew he should have been a little more excited, at least happy to get a chance to enter the building, so he shook his head rapidly, trying to drive the strange image out of his mind.

After tucking a few stray silver-blonde locks behind his ears, he resumed walking toward his destination. He'd walked from his hometown all the way here - not too far in the grand scheme of things, and definately cheaper than any other mode of transportation. He himself wore rather faded and worn clothing specifically for the purpose: a comfortable linen shirt, a pair of brown woven pants (dirty from the road), thick walking boots, and a long deep blue wool cloak. He carried the rest of his belongings in an old knapsack slung over his shoulder. He felt a little worse for wear from the journey, but reminding himself he wouldn't have to travel for a while, he stepped into stride again toward the Citadel.

It didn't take long for Ruko to reach the building, and he walked calmly toward the entrance doors, which were flung open. He could see inside two men, one taller than the other. He hesitated before the doors - the men were obviously engaged in some conversation - but then cleared his throat.
"Excuse me," he said, "I'm...supposed to be an apprentice here."

((hope that satisfies! I'll try to do better in the future...))
The two turned in response to the, at that moment at least, unexpected comment. Seras broke into a wide, triumphant smile; Rikath, on the other hand, started pacing back and forth again, a new motive behind it, at least.

"Qgt ua wcwetibw ub rgua qieks r'kkwe rg'b nw?!"

This, of course, sent Seras into a brief fit of hysterics. It didn't last too long though before the sobering thought hit, 'We are acting rather odd, from the perspective of an outside viewer... Hopefully this does not leave a terrible impression?...'

Motivated by that thought, he stepped forward, offering a bow fairly deep for a Master Watchman, smiling sheepishly, "You'll have to forgive Rikath, I'm afraid. Seeing as most people he comes across are much taller than him, it has caused him to be somewhat prone to outbursts of sensitivity. Seeing as we are the only other two in the area, and much taller than him, I cannot say I blame him though..." He turned sideways, motioning for the new apprentice to enter in further, giving a quick wink as he got an idea.

"Gwt, Rikath, ario duagubf die xinokunwbra 'bs fwr icwe gwew ri nwwr tiye 'ooewbruxw!"

Rikath spun about to face them quickly, expression so enraged it was almost comical. He stalked right up to the much taller man, then slowly and calmly wrapped his hand about his throat, tightening just a little, so as to not be jerked away from easily.

"Do not mock me, child, or I will be forced to seek ewreuvyruib..."

Seras stilled immediately, watching, almost fearful, as the smaller man released him, and moved on to address the young one, bowing to about ninety degrees.

"You'll have to excuse my behavior. You are the first to arrive, and I must admit, I was growing doubtful if any at all would come this time. It has put me... on edge. Hopefully, still others will arrive, but, as a fair bit of day has been wasted so far, I doubt such..."

((Do you, perhaps, think that the others who have applied for this thread will be returning, or should I remove them?... It's been some time...))

Ruthless Phantom

((I would PM Rai, because he is probably still interested - I know him personally. As for the others, I'd notify them by PM that the RPG is starting and if they want to participate, they should post soon. If not, they will be removed from the thread. Something along those lines))

Ruko struggled a bit to reply, "oh, I'm sure more are on their way. Some people, you know, just take a lot of leisure time when travelling. Stopping at rest spots and visiting famous places and such." He lifted his hands in a gesture of "ahh-what-the-hell-what-can-you-do-with-those-people".

To tell the truth, he'd been rather startled by the strange relationship that seemed to tie the two men together - they seemed like friends, or brothers, for obviously, they did not get along well most of the time.
But the taller one had been right - the older, shorter man did seem a bit sensitive about his height. He locked the fact away in his memory for safekeeping, should he need it in the future.

"I'm just glad I can be here," he admitted, trying to set the odd atmosphere back to a comfortable one. He reshouldered his bag and gave a weak smile.
((I don't feel at -all- pressured to go and read all that. *sigh*))
((Hopefully thats a bit better?))
Rai reached the citadel dripping with sweat. About halfway, his already starving ox pulling the caravan had dropped dead on the ground, and he had to continue on foot. The sun burned down on his poorly back as he trudged through the dirt, shaded only by the occasional tree.

Finally he saw a towering spindle in the distance, lancing upwards from the ground. Regaining some of his energy, he walked towards it, grateful For a chance to rest. Wiping sweat from his forehead, he approached the magnificent doors.

The green gems embossed on them sparkled in the sunlight. He pushed on one of the doors and it gave way, opening into the hallway and allowing the bright light from outside spill into the room, engulfing the shadows that covered in the dimly lit hallway.

He held his sack slung across his back, and joined a student with bleached blonde hair in front of what he assumed to be a teacher... ((Sorry for shortness. I'm at a mental standstill at the moment... No idea what to do after walking in the door))

Ruthless Phantom

Raisin-kins
((I don't feel at -all- pressured to go and read all that. *sigh*))

((*beats with a stick* If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything!))
((Dragon Rai, I cannot help but feel that I must have explained something poorly. Did I give the impression that the Citadel is in the desert?... Honestly, I want to know, so I can change anything that might have given off that impression.))
((sorry... allow me to edit the beginning of my post. I din't mean for it to seem as though it was in the desert, just unbearably hot. It does kind of imply the desert though. Hold on whileI change it.))

Ruthless Phantom

((A bump! Sorry, I'm working on something to post, and I don't want the thread to die. Let me give a friend the link to this...she's looking for a literate RPG that actually is "literate" wink )
((I'm sorry I'm taking so long to post, I know I really need to, but I'm just trying to think of what to say, and trying to work around school, which is trying to kill me currently... Again, I'm sorry, I'll try to be back soon...))

Ruthless Phantom

((Don't worry about it at all. As much as we hate it, school is more important than Gaia, so don't let it kill you, and then take your time posting.))

Ruthless Phantom

((and...a bump for this marvelous RPG which does not deserve to die, mostly because it's literate and more awesome than anything on Gaia.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff