Welcome to Gaia! ::

Turns out that Otari was given a kiss by a succubus and smelled of her when he went back but Jouhu wasn’t even sure that the child she bore was even Otari’s, the whole thing with her hiding the details of her abusive mate came back for her. Otari said it clear that he won’t lose his mind but he will lose his wife and threw his ring off to the side before storming out of the door, nearly breaking it off the hinges.

Derrick attempted to say something but Otami held up his hand before going after his brother as Jouhu kneeled down towards her child and hugged him tightly with tears coursing down her cheeks.

Otari was at the park, pacing nearly on his paws back and forth while looking down. He was obviously bothered and thinking hard on the matter placed before him when his head bumped into his brothers. Otami meant that to be a friendly gesture and the younger ox turns away in anger, not wanting to hear anything right now but then the elder one asked something to make him stop walking and actually turn to him.

“Do you forgive her?”

Otari didn’t shake his head but asked: why would he? He told the truth and since she snapped about it, he had left, but she had lied for years to him about the child. It made him angry to think about it. “When someone makes you angry, they have power over you. If you don’t ever forgive them, they hold that power over you. Forgive her Otari. And then forgive yourself. Do it..” His voice was gentle and soft and then he said something else that makes too much sense. “Besides, you may not be the child’s dad but you are his father.” The ox froze, his whole body stopping mid stride back to his brother and he put his paw down. “Fine.” His voice was barely a whisper and he sat then and there, thinking over it all.

When Otami was walking back with Otari, they met Derrick and Knownei as well, the cat eating a bit of ice cream. While they traded pleasantries, the younger ox remained silent through it all. But all that was interrupted by yelling they heard in the house. None other than Jouhu was there so who was that? Otami nearly ran into the door trying to open it as quickly as possible.

The house was trashed and Jouhu was in the corner and crying. “When I tell you to get at my house, I mean get there now!” There was a man above her and yelling, snatching her up roughly by her arm, his nails digging into her skin when she tried to protect the child. “And where is your uncle? His a** certainly ain’t here. So you think you can run huh, you stupid b***h!” And the male rose his arm to strike the cat as he was shaking her and Otari moved quickly, hopping over tables and chairs to grab the being’s arm in a lock with his own. “Who the hell do you think you are?” The ox snarled out, the crowd cheering.

“I’d ask the same thing.” The male growled and turned and slammed Jouhu up against the wall. “Who the ******** is he? This ain’t your uncles’ house.” Otari moved his arm to where the male shouted in pain before bending more until he let go of Jouhu. The cat slid down the wall, her tears staining her face and her clothes. Otari tossed the male to the side and took a deep breath before kneeling down to the cat who turned away from him. “Come on get up.” He told and she shook her head. The ox promptly grabs her sides, as gently as he could, but still causing her to yelp in surprise before standing up, bringing her with. She was looking down as the male got up from the floor. “Jouhu.” Her eyes traveled to look up at Otari and her ears were plastered against her head, her tail between her legs. Without a warning, he pulled her into his arms and held her. The male was rubbing his arm and growled.

“So you think you can take her?” Otari turned. “She doesn’t belong to anyone. And watch what you say, you’re talking about my wife.” There was a growl there and the male lost his mind. “Wife? Your wife?!”
“Yes, my wife.” The ox’s voice was calm and the other didn’t believe it until he let out a mewl of a little kitten and collapsed to the ground, Niniken behind him with this neutral expression on his face. “Can I go to sleep now?” The horse asked, the guy on the ground twitching.

The two of them had a talk when Otari let her go and Jouhu apologized and said that this entire thing was her fault and that she shouldn’t have lied or let him come back, thinking he would be good. She begged to be forgiven more than once. She admitted that she didn’t kill the child because he would have had a better father but it was still her fault that she lied and Otari simply blinked before walking away. She laid her ears down and turned away from him, thinking he left but the ox simply went onto the walk, where the grass was and leaned down to get his wedding band, turning back.

Once he was upon her, he saw her crying again and wondered what he did this time. Upon hearing his voice Jouhu’s ears pricked up and she turned to him, finding him putting his ring back on his ring finger. He was looking at her however and she was stunned speechless. “You mean…to stay?”
“You are my wife. And I already forgave you before you asked.” She was still stunned and straightened her back. “You….did?” He nodded. “Someone important to me told me something that made sense.” And he told what Otami said, glancing to the male still twitching on the floor unable to really move. Jouhu shyly went into the oxen’s arms and at first she burrowed into his chest before she held him back.

The play had a good ending with the abusive male going to jail and Otari treating Jouhu’s wounds that the guy gave her with a humbled look on his face. His child was playing with his tails, trying to pounce on them. He wasn’t harmed in the fight at all except for some glass cut his paw. The two smiled at each other before the cat moved the oxen’s hand and sat in his lap, his hand resting on her side as he reached down to scoop up the bundle of energy and holding him. It shows that their days passed better with the lies gone. Otami was still single and Niniken wanted him more than ever to get out.

“The lesson learned here would be yes, sometimes it is a woman’s fault that things go wrong. And forgiveness is the best thing.” Jouhu spoke at the end, having the mike out of her ear and one in her hand. She was standing with Otari, who had a kid crawling up his back and onto his shoulder. “The other thing learned would be that there are always two sides to a story and make sure you get both before you jump the gun, les your relationships will suffer.” They spoke a goodnight to everybody and left the stage in a fit of music and lights

Jouhu had a slight smile on her face. She wanted to cheer as she felt happy that it was over but the energy coming from Otari was bothering her. It seemed to be dying and she realized that he was hiding his feelings until there was nothing left to feel. Did he not like what happened or was there another reason the bull was hiding himself? He had been smiling after the play and laughing even with the small child that had been offered for them to coddle like a real father would have so then why was he doing this now? It confused her.

Unsealed Gatekeeper

21,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
Once his hair was finished being braided, he pushed it back behind him and focused upon his hands, visually tracing the scars coursing along them.

Moonlit said nothing and showed no signs of any emotions whatsoever. Her hands remained on her stomach and she was in a meditative state. To touch her would cause concequences, regardless of who it was, even if it were to be Jouhu.
The month was almost up. There was one more thing but this time, Otami was just going to be attending it and not singing in it. The one that was singing, was a surprise and it didn’t say. The title of it just said ‘Last Symphony.’ Strange but it was more towards the end of the month with it being in the last week. The only thing he could do for it would be rest since his voice was hoarse and he wasn’t in it. Drinking tea it is then.

Nothing eventful happened between that night they got home and the day of that performance. He had to call it that since he learned he had to get dressed up for it like the Red Carpet Affair. Otami decided to go for black and this time, his brother was dressed in a similar color. Jouhu was already there, he had asked where and she had gone off ahead.

Fine with him as long as she was safe.

The elder brother helped his sibling with his cuff links before they left, grabbing the tickets and going. Gretna was going with them and she was nicely dressed too. It was in an opera hall, which was the weirdest thing. The group was seated up into a balcony on the right, the chairs decorated and lovely. The lights dimmed softly and the curtains opened gently, a familiar feline walking out.

Morokei… it was Morokei.

And if Morokei was introducing or singing, this was going to be rather interesting.

The cat cleared his throat before welcoming everyone to this concert that will no longer be able to be apart of Concert month. People were taken aback as to why but none voiced it for Morokei explained. This concert was the Goddess’ Last Symphony, one that will be in history forever and that this time she is not alone. The last thing he wanted was for them to welcome Selena and her guest, Jouhu, to the stage. The crowd did so, Otami noting that Jouhu never told them this bit.

Unsealed Gatekeeper

21,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
Neither demonic being looked up to pay attention.
The music was lovely with Selena and Jouhu doing duets and solos with the other as backup. They both played the violins with passion and precision as the night went on. Otami had to smile but he did feel strange. Upon looking at his hand, the scars were knitting up and fading away, returning his skin to flawless. So this is what their goddess' voice did and not to mention it was nice just hearing it. There was something sad there as well but he couldn't place it.

Now at the end of it all, she spoke to them, thanking them for their kind words and support but this is her Last Symphony and she wishes that it will remain in their hearts for generations to come. With her last words on stage, her and Jouhu bow and turn, their dresses sweeping and they leave, the curtains closing. Morokei bids everyone a joyeous night, hoping that they enjoyed the show and with a curtious bow, he leaves as well, applause given until the main lights return on.

Otami felt lighter than he had in years, him slightly stretching to get blood flow back throughout his legs. Despite all those good things, something was bothering him in the back of his mind.

Mimiken didn't need to watch as he knew what was wrong with Sylvie when she left. She would request to be alone and so he didn't move to comfort her. She wasn't there for the concert but it wasn't of any concern to her anyway. Otari had closed his eyes to listen but that proved to be a mistake when he felt the chains in his mind swing with a certain song.

Bahamut had heard it.

The ox didn't think anything of it for the being was still out cold and sealed away but the notion that the chains moved was something different. Jouhu felt something else that she didn't feel before in the past. A sort of sadness when she thought about how Selena was gone.

Unsealed Gatekeeper

21,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
Moonlit stood up and shook her fur some, padding over softly to lie beside Otari.
Otari's tail twitched as he turned from his other side to look at Moonlit. The first time she had come near him since Jouhu's rite of passage was shown in the memory. This did confuse him but he was more or less afraid to voice that and kept his mouth shut.

A few hours after the last concert, everyone that participated in the event had showed up on stage. Behind them was an electronic billboard where there was a number that just kept rising. Once it stopped, every one turned to it and Niniken spoke. "You see, this number wouldn't have been possible without all of you giving this month your support. When you think of miracles, this is how many people in this world, in the next world, on Earth, and yes, even Hell will possibly have another chance and we couldn't have done this all by ourselves. Thank you."

The horse was smiling and the rest had their own sayings to add about doing good in this world, cherishing each other and everything that you have. This was the last moment and with one last applause, they set off the stage, talking among themselves.

Otami hadn't felt happier in a long, long time.

((And now I'm lost.))

Unsealed Gatekeeper

21,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
She felt it flick against her own. She looked back at him. I'm sorry. While this had been a moodswing effect, this could be a mood that was needed to perhaps place their relationship where it belonged.

((lost about what?))
At the voice, his ears moved but he held them down from perking up like he was suddenly focused on something. What are you sorry for? He might be thinking of something else so his best bet was to confirm what she was apologizing for.

((I wrote several of the pieces in seperate word documents and now, since I haven't paid attention to them, I have no idea in what order they belong in.))

The thing that was bothering Otami was why the forces of Hell were after his brother. He certainly didn't understand it but his ears flicked at hearing his name being called. "I'm up here." He was walking through the hall on the upper floor when Niniken turned the corner and startled him.

The horse was also wearing his uniform.

"Why...?" The ox didn't like this. "Our turn to check the base." The other angel chuckled at the relief shown. "Alright, alright. I'm coming." Otami couldn't exactly say no, could he?

Unsealed Gatekeeper

21,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
Being both rude and uncaring.

((hmmm...perhaps just check them by the dates they were writing?))
Otari didn't try and ask. I suppose that means I have something to apologize for then too. He did a short nod in her direction. So I'm sorry as well.

Unsealed Gatekeeper

21,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
No. She shook her head. You haven't nothing to appologize for. you did what you thought was best. I did not take heed.
Thought was best? Like you didn't? Emotions are normal to have. But something about her tone made him stop and let her finish what she was saying if need be. It was probably something she wanted him to hear if she had anything to say.

It was just the two of them, the horse and the ox. It was no different than it was the last time they had to check the base for anything out of order or wrong. The two covered a lot of territory, minding the fact that the base is not only huge but is several stories tall and deep. Otami signed and let his mind be at ease until he came across the library.

He frowned deeply.

The angel didn't want to really think of anything but he did search the place to see if anything was missing or in the wrong place. Niniken normally ran the library with something like an iron fist so if one thing was out, he'd get OCD about it but I guess it was people like him the reason why books older than the castle were still in pretty good condition. "There you are." The ox simply glanced over his shoulder, finding the horse stepping up to him.

"Ready?" When the older didn't nod, the other being shifted. "What's wrong?"

"There's something that's been on my mind lately." Niniken gave him a look that said 'continue'. "Ever since Otari brought it up, I've been wondering why Miza has been targeting a Giant that isn't even in war..." And for his sake of mind, he damned hope it would stay that way too. "I've heard before the reason why was a city named Krey..." He didn't have anything else to add.

"Krey huh?" Niniken turned around and spoke something but wasn't talking to the ox when Patches flew by and hooked himself up the computer. "Oh, and the rest of the base is clear." The horse spoke and Otami responded with a simple 'copy that' and 'same'. He figured that they'd be here awhile but it was still pretty early. Looking at the clock, he just knew the family was still asleep.

Unsealed Gatekeeper

21,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
She was going to tell him. Right then and there. I....I...I'm... She couldn't bring herself to say it. Not now. Not during the memories. She rest her head on his leg and let out an inaudiable sigh. I am sorry. Please forgive me. Moonlit would leave out the fact that she was pregnant for the moment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff