Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quinn Gartner
Powers ~ Chlorokinesis & Geomorph

User Image

Another year of school... how frightfully dull. She had of coursed skipped out on the assembly, feeling it was too much of a bother to sit through the same thing as she had the last year and the year before that. Besides, there were more pressing matters to attend to, like making sure her garden was in impeccable condition.

Quinn Gartner liked spending plenty of her time out behind the dorms in her own private garden. Well, she tried to keep it private, mainly by having grown thick, ten feet tall hedges to keep out prying eyes. Yet keeping out others with super powers was always difficult, there would always be people who felt they had to snoop around when it was really none of their business. If she could have, she would have just cut off the whole area from all sides, but her garden needed sunlight and natural weather to thrive. No matter how much other students may have annoyed her when they barged into her private garden, she would not do anything to harm the plants she so dutifully took care of.

At this moment, she had just taken care of a nasty infestation of caterpillars that had tried to devour her tomato plants. The things were always a nuisance this time of year but Quinn was always prepared to deal with them. Of course she did not use any pesticides, that was not at all good for her plants. Instead, with the help of a nearby growing vine, she had picked any and all bug vermin on her plant off and had them squished. Maybe it was strange she did not show more care, but since there was basically billions of bugs on the planet, what did it matter if she killed some each year? That small corner of her garden where she grew some fruits and vegetables always came under attack at some point but Quinn managed to keep the damage to a minimum.

Once her bug troubles were taken care of, Quinn looked to the simple watch on her left wrist. Classes were commencing right now, had she missed hers? Sighing softly, the blonde headed towards one wall of hedge and with a short flick of her finger, perfect rectangle cleared for her to exit and with another flick it closed. Along the way she passed an apple tree she had planted two years ago, it was bound to have something ripe and delicious for her to eat. Yet before she would make a single branch quake, she spotted something that was not supposed to be there. A human leg dangling down from one of the lower branches.

Anything outside of the hedge was fair game, but now Quinn was curious as to who would be resting in a tree when classes were probably going on. Well, it was something Quinn would do, but who was this person who came along to rest in the apple tree? Raising her hand, Quinn began to make it move side to side in a short motion as if she were waving goodbye. The apple tree began to slightly rock back and forth, which would hopefully be enough to jar this stranger awake without her falling to the ground and having an unfortunate accident.

Where ~ Outside
With Who ~ Some stranger (Esther)
Doing What ~ Shaking a tree.
OOC ~ First post!

Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed.

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.ஆ±‡±÷•* Yes, my bite is much worse than my bark*•÷±‡±ஆ

x
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ƉA U G H T E R xxѲ FxxȾ H Exx₦ I G H Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ѧ Ɖɛϻσи Ƚɪɛƨ Ɖσяϻɛит Щɪтнɪи
Ѧƨ Ⱦнɛ Щσʟϝ Ͼяɪɛƨ Ѧт Ƀαʏxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-

Esther was sound asleep, snoring softly up in the tree. The wind gently brushed her cheeks but was not enough to wake her from her deep slumber. She was dreaming. Dreaming of her home, her sibling. They were running. Oh, how Ester loved to run. The wind washed over her onyx fur coat as she dashed on all fours. It was the greatest feeling in the world. Nothing could ruin it. Her siblings' laughter fulled the skies as they roamed deep into the forest. Esther gave a slight smile from her dream. She felt something shift from underneath her and she stopped running. She started to sniff the ground. In the waking world, her nose flinched a little.

Esther snapped her eyes open. Confusion filled her senses as she felt herself swaying. Looking down she noticed the tree was moving. Her senses slowly came back to her and the wind continued to blow but it was far from strong enough to cause such a tree of this size to sway so much. Taking another look at her surrounding, her eyes locked onto a person standing at the base of the tree, waving her hand. Esther adjusted herself so that she was facing the person with both of her legs dangling off the tree and her arms at her sides with her palms planted into the branch."Can I help you? she simply asked as she rubbed one eye to try and shake herself from her sleepy state.

OutsideLOCATION
A blonde-haired personBY
DrowsyMOOD
Is she moving the tree?THINKIN'

OOC
Quinn Gartner

User Image

So far from what Quinn could see, the person up in the tree seemed feminine enough to be a female. The blonde was pretty sure it was since she always had a good eye for these things. Although some might find it a little challenging to guess Quinn's own gender since she did look and dress a bit more on the androgynous side. When the person finally woke up, Quinn stopped her hand and the tree stopped shaking. Yet she curled every finger except for her index and middle, turning her hand so that she could make a quick, beckoning motion. A branch near Esther's head gave a sharp shake and a delicious looking red apple snapped at the stem. Moving forward a bit, Quinn caught the apple in one hand and said "Just curious as to who was up in this tree. Not many people feel brave enough to sleep on a branch." Bringing the apple to her lips, she took a bite, a crisp crunching sound following as she sank her teeth into the fruit and then she began to chew.

Where ~ Outside
Doing What ~ Eating an apple
OOC ~ First post!

Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed.

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.ஆ±‡±÷•* Yes, my bite is much worse than my bark*•÷±‡±ஆ

x

Esther studied the young woman on the ground. She looked about the same size at Esther. Her pale blonde hair was almost the same tone as her skin. Esther's eyes glanced over the girl's attire. A similar chose Esther would have for herself. The short hair cut made her think for a moment if the person was a girl or not but Esther had learned to trust her other senses when one would fail her and the human standing before her smelled very much feminine. Esther's gaze fell to the hand that was still up in the air. The moment her fingers curled, Esther flinched as she felt a shift around her. A small sound made her turn her head just in time to see the apple hanging from a twig fell and landed in the girls hand. She turned her head back and watched as the girl ate.

"I find it more comfortable than those rock hard beds they have in the dorms." Which was true but Esther also just liked to be outside. She'd sleep on the grass if she was too lazy to make her way to the branch. Esther thought for a moment before speaking up again. "You made the tree move...Is that your power?" Esther wasn't the greatest conversationalist and she was still new to the school so she wasn't sure to expect here.

OutsideLOCATION
A blonde-haired personBY
ContentMOOD
Mmmh...THINKIN'

OOC
Quinn Gartner

User Image

Sometimes there was nothing better than a bed of grass to lie on, but Quinn had grown up sleeping in beds. A mattress was comfortable and blankets kept her warm, but other than that she really had no use for it. It was obvious this girl was not much of a talker, which was fine with Quinn. The silence of nature was like a sweet music to one's ears that there really was no need for any person to speak. Having taken another bite of the apple while Esther asked about her power, she chewed and swallowed before answering "Yes... I can make plants grow and I can make them move." It wasn't her only power, but it was the one she had the longest and liked. The other one not so much, which was why she had not made much progress other than moving sand and dirt about. "What about you? What's your power?" Maybe it had something to do with the outdoors if the girl preferred sleeping in a branch. Or that was just how the girl had grown to like and Quinn was way off base.

Where ~ Outside
OOC ~ First post!

User Image

x

Tilting her head slightly to the side with some amusement, Esther swung her legs back and forth before leaping from the branch and landing about a foot away from the girl. A sudden scent hit her and she took in the familiar smell. She leaned in slightly and sniffed the girl. "You smell like the Earth," she commented which made her smile a little. She leaned back to meet the girl's eyes. She loved nature and hearing about the girl's power made her instantly like her already.

She thought for second of how to respond to the blonde-haired's question. "I can shapeshift into a wolf and sprout wings but not at the same time," she finally answered. She thought it was best not to jump to 'I'm half lycan and demon' plus, the girl asked about her powers, not who she was. Not that Esther was ashamed of who she was but she had lost friends before when they discovered that she wasn't human. She had hoped that coming to this school would be different

OutsideLOCATION
A blonde-haired personBY
HappyMOOD
Cool powersTHINKIN'

OOC
Quinn Gartner

User Image

A pale blonde brow raised when Esther smelled her. Usually if girls caught anything, it was the scent of roses or whatever other flowers Quinn had been tending to recently. Still, if some girls liked the scent of earth then that was something that could work in her favor when it came to flirting. "Yeah... I've been out here awhile, usually like to stay outside instead of at classes sometimes." Saying that she had actually been at her garden was not a subject that would come up any time soon. She didn't know how many people actually saw her garden without her knowing, but Quinn usually didn't tell people about it. It was her own private place to escape and be truly happy, she'd have to like someone a lot to willingly allow them to come with her.

"That's neat about your powers though. Although I'm not sure about the wings part. Flying seems like it might be fun but I'd probably want to keep my feet on the ground." Going up so high, even if one was flying it seemed like it would be scary. Especially if something happened and you were sent plummetting to the ground. By now she had finished with her apple, her hands snapped the core in half so that she could collect the apple seeds inside. "So do you not have any classes? Or are you skipping like I am?"

Where ~ Outside
OOC ~ First post!

User Image

x

"I see..." Esther crossed her right hand to grab on to her other at the elbow and shifted her weight to her left foot. That was her usual relaxed pose. Esther was much more of an outdoorsy person herself. She could not stand being suck indoors for long periods of time. Even at night, she would wake up and take a walk in the cool night's breeze if she wasn't already passed out in a field somewhere. Being cooped up inside made her feel caged which was the worse feeling she could ever have. Her wolf hated it and would threaten itself to the surface which would cause not only her problems but would endanger those around her.

Esther chuckled at the blonde haired's flying comment. I don't fly often but I like the feeling of the wind soaring passed me when I do." Though, she preferred to run much more than fly. She could move faster and zip back and forth at ease. She liked the feeling of the Earth on her paws.

The onyx haired girl snapped away from her thoughts when she heard the apple crack which was followed by another question. Esther gave the young lady a quizzical look. "I was informed that classes don't start until Monday and it's," she raised her right wrist into view to check the time before continuing, "it's passed four on a Friday. Classes would be over," she informed the girl. Esther knew about after school activities but she hadn't signed up for anything and wasn't sure if she would.

OutsideLOCATION
A blonde-haired personBY
PuzzledMOOD
There are classes?THINKIN'

OOC
Quinn Gartner

User Image

Looking up from her work picking out apple seeds, Quinn gave the other a puzzled look before going over the days in her head. "Mm... must have lost track of the days. Time seems to work a different way before classes start." Really, when she had time off in between the years of education, Quinn could spend days in her garden. The summer nights were so warm, the grass was so soft. Or if she wanted to avoid any unwanted pests crawling on her, she could make a hammock out of vines and snooze with a bit more security. Hours and days would meld together and it seemed like the time she spent doing what she liked best was gone in an instant. "If it really is Friday though, then I guess that's a couple days more of doing what I like."

Wait, if it was past four... she tossed aside what was left of the apple core before bringing her left wrist up to check the time again. "Damn... this thing hasn't been working right ever since it got dunked in water." Not too long back, she'd taken her watch off while tending to her garden and then soaked with water and mud after she had tipped over her watering can. Now it slowed down to a crawl and was behind on the correct time.

Sighing softly, she took a small pouch out of her bag and deposited the apple seeds inside. After putting that back, she fiddled with her watch and took it off. "Anyways, my wonderful sense of time aside... what's your name? And I don't suppose you'd be up to going indoors with me for a little dinner later?" Exchanging names had completely slipped her mind, but the last part had come off as a bit flirtatious. It was something Quinn honestly could not help at some point and this was a cute girl.

Where ~ Outside
OOC ~ First post!

User Image

x

Esther could almost see the wheels churning around in the girl's head. It was clear to her that this girl was easily caught up in something and to be so captivated by it to loose all track of time told Esther that the girl really enjoyed whatever it was. Her eyes fell to the broken watch that hung from the girl's dainty and delicate wrist. She watched as the girl tinkered with it for a bit and couldn't help but asked, "Mind if I...? She gently pulled the watch from the girl's fingers and popped it open. There were some specks of dirt and Esther turned it, tapping it on the side to get the small dirt clots out before blowing on it to remove any excess that hid deep inside. She flipped it over and popped the small button on the side out to adjust the watch to the correct time and pushed it back to make it work again. She snapped the back back into its place and handed it back to the girl. "That should do it." Esther's loved to mess around with things. Even when she was young, she was messing around with her father's stuff, taking them apart and putting them back together.

Esther had completely forgotten about introductions and felt slightly embarrassed that it slipped her thoughts. It's Esther and yours?" Not only had the thought of introducing herself had been lost but she had missed lunch and the thought of dinner sounded more than appealing. Plus, Esther could not deny the fact that the girl standing in front of her was quite charming. She was obviously a nature person and that was more of an appeal to her. "And dinner sounds nice," she cooed with a warm smile

OutsideLOCATION
A blonde-haired personBY
Slightly embarrassedMOOD
I'm smart...x.xTHINKIN'

OOC
Quinn Gartner

User Image

Letting the other take her watch, Quinn watched as the other opened it and began cleaning the gears and things inside. Quinn herself was not much of a technology person. She could figure out how to use it but fixing it was something that was out of her realm of capability until she learned how to do it. Taking it back when Esther was finished, the blonde reattached it to her wrist and could see that the time was correct now. "Thank you. You certainly seem to have a knack for tinkering with things." Not having to really be anywhere, Quinn had not thought to get her watch fixed until now. It would be for the best since she'd need to know when she had to get to her classes or wherever else.

The other's name was intriguing in a way, certainly not many people of a certain age were named that. Still, a small, charming smile was in place as the blonde replied "My name is Quinn, and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Esther." Some might of made the lame joke that she could charm even mother nature, but in some instances of vanity the blonde felt inclined to agree. It came from practice since she had not always been this way. Working on giving a charming smile naturally, without forcing it or making it look cheesy, saying something that wasn't cheesy, and getting an idea of what girls might like and what was going over the top. With Esther it was easy enough to guess that simplicity would be the best course of action. No kissing of the hand or commenting on her looks like other girls would enjoy constantly hearing.

"Good... it's a little early, but I'm sure they'll be ready by the time we get over there. But in the meantime..." With another flick of her fingers, a branch above her shook and another apple fell right into her hand. She held it out for Esther to take and continued "A little something to tide you over if you like." Having grown this tree herself, she knew this apple was perfectly ripe and would taste quite sweet.

Where ~ Outside
Doing What ~ Just talking now...
OOC ~

User Image

x

Giving off a small shrug, Esther didn't think much of it. "I'm kind of a hands on person. I use to mess around with my dad's stuff. It's easier for me to learn the kinetic way." Though, she didn't mess with stuff as often since she got yelled at for "breaking" her father's stuff when she got caught and he would take them away from her before she had the chance to put them back together. "And you're welcome," she added after remembering the girl had thanked her.

"Quinn," she repeated with some amusement in her voice. Like hers, it was not a name she heard often and even more rare for a girl. "I like that name." Her tone had a smile to it. The formality Quinn used on Esther felt a little much. After all, they were at school and the girl looked around Esther's age. Such formality told the dark haired girl that Quinn was raised well. Either that or that she was just a big flirt.

When another apple landed into the blonde chick's hand, Esther had her answer. She found the approach slightly cheesy but still. The apple looked delicious and she needed something to settle her stomach, even if just for a little while. "Thank you," she said before taking the apple and bringing it up to her lips. The apple was indeed full of flavor. As she chewed, she started to walk, pausing after a few paces and craning her head towards Quinn. "Shall we go?" she ushered, not moving an inch as she waited for the lady's answer.

OutsideLOCATION
QuinnBY
Slightly hungryMOOD
Mmm...that's goodTHINKIN'

OOC

Lady Unicorn

User Image

Axel Schäfer
•°o.Oº°‘¨ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ¨‘°ºO.o°•

Axel... was about to give up his search for anyone helpful when he suddenly heard a bird screech. He glanced over his shoulder to see a large hawk flying off into the sky. He shrugged off the bird and gave one last glance around campus. All the dorm buildings looked identical from the outside, and he had no idea which one was closest to him.
Just as he put the piece of paper back into his jacket pocket, he heard a strange sound coming from below him. "Was that a VOICE?" he thought to himself, confused. Looking down, it took his eyes a moment to see the one that had spoken, but he hadn't expected to see anyone there. Axel gasped involuntarily and jumped slightly at the sight below him.
There was a small person sitting on the ground, holding what looked like a megaphone up to his mouth and shouting at him. After a second, he remembered that the small person had said something to him. Carefully, Axel dropped down to a sitting position next to the small guy, and looked at him timidly. "Are you alright?" he asked sincerely, offering him a hand. Axel felt stupid for holding out his hand to someone that was clearly a fraction of its size, but he didn't know what else to do.
This school was starting to freak him out a little, but he had tried to warn himself that he might encounter strange things here. As far-fetched as it sounded, he couldn't be the only freak on the planet, right? Maybe this school wouldn't be so bad after all.

•° - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - °•
"Laughter is the spark of the soul."

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User Image User Image
Mood: "Freshman feeling"/Startled
Items: Duffle bag, Suitcase, Backpack, Dorm paper
What im doing: Being lost -> Helping a small guy
Who im with:No one -> Small Guy (Arden)
Out of Character: Thanks, Serin. smile

Witty Poster

9,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

00000000000000~ Antoine Von Bielefeld ~

User Image

The many faces of Antoine Von Bielefeld
User Image
Antoine heatrd him and then smiled as he heard of Harry potter, he chuckled as he looked at him, he owned the publishing house that published those books, not to boast that out.

”Well, I am currently reading the Silmillarion, you know by JRR Tolkien,” Antoine said to him. ”That’s only speaking about fiction books, but I did read Alexander dumas’ books lots of time, as well as Les miserables Sherlock holmes, and perhaps the lord of the rings.”

Antoine paused as he looked at him and smiled.

”Yes I know, what a dull read,” Antoine said. ”But my tutor made me read them, and I grew to love them… not only are they part of our history, but they helped with my vocabulary, well that’s what reading does.”

Antoine smiled, he was having a nice time with him, tomorrow would be a busy day, after all classes start tomorrow.

♣ N O B L E S S E ♣ ~0~ ♣ O B L I G E♣

idanna-chan

((Repost))
Quinn Gartner

User Image

Part of it was good manners, her mother had always taught her when growing up to say 'please' and 'thank you' and to be courteous to others. Part of it was also to help her flirt a bit since girls found it so charming that she would act like a gentleman. Something that seemed to be rare in certain parts of the world as culture changed. As for the apple bit, girls either liked it or they found it cheesy. Either way it seemed Esther did not mind and took the offered apple.

"You're welcome." replied Quinn, following after Esther as the brunette began to walk away. It seemed the other was eager to get to the cafeteria and have something to eat so she would not keep Esther waiting. The blonde was beginning to mull over topics of conversation as they walked, not quite sure what to bring up first. "Is this your first year at the academy?"A decent enough subject for the start of a new conversation.

Where ~ Outside
With Who ~ Esther
Doing What ~ On my way to dinner with Esther.
OOC ~

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces