Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Genius

xxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxx - - A R i S E

xxxxxxxxxxxxx HOLDON to the world we all ( REMEMBER ) DYING FOR !

xxxxxxxxxx » » » WELCOME .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a re-vamp of an old, beloved roleplay of mine, titled Moonlight High School.
                                      But this re-vamp, of all the ones I've made, is going to be the best so far.
                                      Codes by myself, radi0active t u n e s, as well as the concept.
                                      ( Okay, I lied. Forever A Memory also gets credit for helping me elaborate plot and locations. Thanks a bunch♥ )
                                      Do not steal the codes or my ideas.
                                      I spend a lot of time on that. I'd appreciate it if you'd simply join the rp and be a part of the idea rather than ripping it off as your own.

Co-Owners of this thread are Forever A Memory, SheScreamsRemedy, and We Dreamt In Heist
                                      They have the right to kick anybody out as they feel fit with my permission.
                                      They will enforce my rules very well, so just because I'm not around doesn't give you an excuse to break the rules.
                                      If you try and ignore the decrees of these co-owners/mini-mods, they have the right to immediately kick you out of the roleplay.
                                      Do as they say, and do as I say.
                                      All will be dandy.

We are currently open and accepting.

Profiles l OOC

Shirtless Genius

xxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxx - - A R i S E

xxxxxxxxxx » » » INTRODUCTION .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MOONLIGHT ACADEMY, a place where students who aren't like the human population to get their education. However, this is a highly renowned school, and they do not just accept anybody. Many people dream of graduating from this school. If you are to join, keep in mind that our principal is anonymous. To protect the principal's identity, they cannot tell a soul about the reasons or even give a clue to the name. The staff doesn't even know who runs the school. However, just as a subtle rumor outside school walls that says the principal is cruel and experiments on students, and the teachers are but pets. But, there is one thing that intrigues people most about this school: the myths. Yes, this school has many stories about it. After all, it is hundreds of years old. It's surprising how they keep it in such good shape. Then again, supernatural powers...

Anyways, the school is open to all non-humans, however you still must be a decent pupil to enter the school. If you make it, congratulations, pack your bags and get there as quick as you can. School is starting soon. Many great people have graduated from here. They've left legacies behind. The question is, however, if you will rise to greatness or not. Keep in mind, not everyone can be great, but trying is worth the risk. The choice, however, is in your own palm. There is no fate. No God governs the threads of life and how things are meant to be. Pave your own path. Whether you rise to greatness or not is wholly your own decision. But choose wisely.

Shirtless Genius

xxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxx - - A R i S E

xxxxxxxxxx » » » THE MYTH .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

THE MYTH involves the first class to graduate from Moonlight. But, it tended to focus more in on a specific group of teenagers. They were all significantly skilled, as the school had gone through a few demonic attacks before-hand. These attacks were quite minor, compared to what the myths talk about. The stories speak of a mighty immortal, who had become principal of the school. All of the girls would swoon whenever he passed, and the boys would want to have his electrifying charm. The students practically worshiped him as a god, except the specific group of seven senior students. The girls went by Kiku, Mitsu, Yuki and Kokoro. The boys were Saburo, Hakiro, and Kiyoteru. They were all suspicious of the principal, named Takeru, and studied him for awhile. And, for the first and only time in Moonlight's history, a human joined the school. However, she was substantially skilled in weapons such as nun-chucks, swords, daggers, and guns. She worked closely with Takeru for many months.

One day, Takeru had murdered Mitsu, a vampire, with a stake through the heart. This shook the entire school, and outraged her group of friends. They held a funeral in her honor, which her younger sister, studying in England, flew overseas to see her sister one last time. She stayed for awhile however, with Saburo to comfort him and use each other to get over the death of a would-be lover, and a sister.

The next day Saburo and Mitsu's sister, Hana, were in the library planning an attack on Takeru. Until the human girl decided to waltz in on their conversation and mock Mitsu's death. This outraged Hana, and a fight broke out between them. Saburo and Hana had killed the girl, and as they did Takeru rose, outraged with them. Kiku and Kokoro came to back them up, however Hakiro and Yuki were nowhere to be found. They were soon found, however, possessed by Takeru to attack them. Kiku took on her lover, Hakiro, in hopes he'd recognize her. Kokoro took on her sister, Yuki, and Hana tried to go and find the hiding Takeru. When Hakiro and Yuki broke from their trance, they joined in sending him to another dimension.

But that hadn't held him.

He had found a portal that led out of the dimension, accidentally opened somehow. Takeru escaped back into the real world and focused his attention back on Moonlight, refusing to give in so easily this time, as those seven--ahem, six now--had graduated already. However, they received news and returned to the school immediately to defend the now helpless building. But Takeru was no longer the only one they were dealing with--he had returned with a spawn of his own creation: an eighteen-year-old named Tsubasa. She had white hair and great, gray wings, similar to her father's black hair and midnight wings. The night that Takeru struck was horrifying. He had strapped unsuspecting students into their theater seats. The six had burst through the doors of the auditorium, where they deemed this the end of his reign.

Hakiro had attacked and killed Tsubasa, a young, more feeble and vulnerable immortal. Yuki had gone straight for Takeru, hoping to avenge Mitsu's death. In the midst of the violence, a lone figure appeared in the background: Mitsu. She had been resurrected as a demon due to foreseen potential, and she was sure as hell going to spend her first few moments of being alive again slaughtering Takeru, who had taken not only her life from her, but her love and friends as well.

While she had taken Takeru down for awhile, a freed student made his way up and told him he had something that could kill Takeru: the dragon blade. However, he only had half of it and the other half was hidden with a dragon in China. The blade would absorb the powers of those it has slain, therefore making it the most powerful sword in the world, and the only possible thing that would be able to kill an immortal. They agreed, and he transported to China while they fended off Takeru. When he returned with the full sword, he tossed it to Mitsu and Yuki, who together stabbed the sword through Takeru's black heart, ridding him of the Earth forever.

Afterwards, they had been given the option of having a position at the school, and were now considered the "Guardians" of Moonlight. They were to protect students in case of any attack on the school, large or small. The only people who didn't accept was Kokoro, who already had a job of her own currently, and wasn't one who liked teaching. However she was still a Guardian, and would come when called.

Hakiro and Kiku continued their legacy through their daughter, Misaki, who was a vampire-wolf hybrid. Then there was Takeshi, the son of Saburo and Mitsu. Before the four friends knew it, they were in-laws. Yuki and Kiyoteru's child was a younger girl, by the name of Tsukiko, who was close friends with Takeshi and Misaki. They grew somewhat apart after their marriage.

Things were peaceful for many years after Takeru died. Nobody had ever dared launch an attack on Moonlight since. However, out of the blue, the Guardians disappeared. And there is still no explanation for it.

Shirtless Genius

xxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxx - - A R i S E

xxxxxxxxxx » » » RULES & GUIDELINES .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LITERACY should be decent. I will see zero one-liners. Got it? I want good grammar, as well. So, you may not do actions in *'s (or any other variation), and you may not do text speak. But, I will allow simpler posts. Make them as quality as possible. You don't have to have a huge, Burger King Whopper of a post. They're actually quite annoying to read consistently, over and over. So try and make them concise and to-the-point, without depriving your post of words. Say...one medium-sized paragraph per post.
                                      POSTING doesn't have to be fancy. You don't need a beautimous, jaw-dropping code to be in this roleplay. They may be preferred, however not required. However, your character needs a posting color. For example, whenever they speak, the dialogue should be colored "like this." Thinking should be italicized and also in the post color. That's all I ask for. However, I do have some colors that are banned from the list: any bright/lighter shades of yellow. Darker, bronzer shades are alright. Cyan is also prohibited. It is cancer to my eyes, which are personally sensitive and the color gives me a headache. Colors such as plain red and blue are not prohibited, but I do find them rather flat and not very pretty.
                                      APPLYING is easy. You simply send me the code in a private message, titled Marshmallow, and I will tell you if you have been approved. If I see any Vocaloid or characters from anime, I will strangle you. Your character absolutely MUST be original, and if you're too lazy to find an original anime picture, then you're clearly too lazy for this roleplay. Please do not alter my code in any shape or form, besides adding in the information and posting colors. I have tested and checked myself to see how they look, and there's nothing trippy with the coding. It will post fine.
                                      EXTRA things also matter. There are are few things I'd like to point out to you before you enter this roleplay. I do not want any cliche characters. I'm sorry, but I won't accept you if your character is an orphan and is super-intelligent and has ALL the superpowers, or is half vampire, 1/4 demon and 1/4 neko. DO NOT WANT. Which also brings me to the point that if I see a lot of characters as say, cat girls, fox girls, etc, I probably will ask you to change that aspect. Anthros are overused as much as it is. Be original. I cannot stress that enough. Put effort into your character and make it your own. However, I'd appreciate it if you didn't have your character completely figured out yet. I'd like for this roleplay to be a journey for your character to grow and develop. That's the thing I personally love most about roleplaying. The entire roleplay is based on decisions to be great or not, that your life is your own. On another note, be welcoming and polite to other roleplayers. If you have a problem with them, pm me and we'll discuss it. I'd like for this roleplay to be a friendly atmosphere. Nobody likes being an outcast. Now, that brings me to my final request: have fun. I'll kick you if I don't see you having fun. C':

Shirtless Genius

xxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxx - - A R i S E

xxxxxxxxxx » » » PROFILE CODES .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

there`s a note in the p a[color=postcolor][u][color=black] g e [/color][/u][/color]s of the b[i][color=postcolor]oo[/color][/i]k . . .
                                      [align=center]
                                      [img]picture url[/img][/align]
                                      [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
                                      i go by [color=postcolor]name, first & last[/color]
                                      i've blown out [color=postcolor]age[/color] candles
                                      the stars tell me i'm a [color=postcolor]zodiac[/color]
                                      i'm in the [color=postcolor]grade[/color] grade
                                      by the way, i'm a [color=postcolor]race[/color], is that weird?
                                      i've been told i'm a bit [color=postcolor]3 positive traits[/color]
                                      however, i've got a few bad habits, such as, [color=postcolor]3 negative traits[/color]
                                      i adore [color=postcolor]3-5 likes[/color]
                                      keep [color=postcolor]3-5 dislikes[/color] away from me
                                      [color=postcolor]i've got a story, care to read?[/color] biography here
                                      oh, and there's one thing you should know...[color=postcolor]extra[/color]
                                      i have [color=postcolor]username[/color] to thank for creating me[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[align=right]
                                      . . . [i][color=postcolor]a r i s e[/color][/i] and be all that you dreamed[/align]

Shirtless Genius

xxxxxxxxxUser Image

- - A R i S E

xxxxxxxxxx » » » LOCATIONS .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

THE BUILDING Moonlight consists of a total of five floors. However, two of those floors are dedicated to dorms.
                                          DORMS These two floors are located beneath the school for the sake of space. The hallways on these floors tend to be long, however there are stairs at the opposing end. To the left are the boys, and to the right are the girls dorms. The other three floors, though, are for classes.
                                          MAIN FLOOR As soon as you enter the building, to the right, you will find the main office. Go there to get your schedules or if you have questions, need to see a counselor, etc. To the side of the office is the rest of the floor, where the all the language arts and the majority of the history classes are. There are three physical education classes on this floor. We have only one classroom down her dedicated to foreign language.
                                          SECOND FLOOR The cafeteria is located here almost as soon as you walk in. We serve all three regular meals of the day. However, we do keep open all day in case you need to snack. Fridays are usually better meals with a wider variety. Mainly science and math classes are on this floor, however there are roughly a third of the history department up here, and mythology here as well.
                                          TOP FLOOR All of the music and fine arts classes are held on the top floor, where we have windows that look down upon the fields behind the school. The rest of the electives are up here, too.
                                          BALCONY/ROOF The roof is usually closed off to students, except when a class has permission to go atop it for reasons provided by the teacher. However, sometimes people forget to lock the door leading up to it. Some students even know a way completely around the door to get to it, but you'd have to be fairly small.
                                          SPORTS AREAS The pool is on the main floor, on the left and down a hallway when you enter. Basketball court is next to the pool. Tennis courts are behind the building, along with the track and field. To the right of that field is another field, for soccer and lacrosse. Behind those two is the baseball/softball field.
                                          THE COURTYARD The courtyard is located to the left of the building, but pushed back to the corner. The area tends to be a place where students go to relax and do some of their homework quietly. Occasionally some of the music students go out there during lunch periods and play shows for students.

THE CITY Thankfully, the school is located in the city of San Francisco, so there's much more to do. There are cafes and other entertainment sources, such as malls and movie theaters.
                                          MOVIES The movies are a few blocks away from the mall. Honestly, you know what a movie theater is and what it does, so there honestly isn't much explanation needed here, except the fact that it's the most popular theater in the city. Maybe not the cheapest, but it's got the best food, so who cares?
                                          MALL Not too far away from the movie theater is the mall. Pretty self-explanatory. You shop here, yada-yada. It's got "the best food court in the city." Basically meaning it's got Burger King, Lion's Choice, Taco Bell, and other mainstream fast food joints, including Subway. It's also got a lot of those hipster stores that those kids these days tend to enjoy. However, if that's not your forte, there are stores like Hot Topic and Spencer's.
                                          BRIDGE More towards the East of the city, there's a bridge going over a small river. Sometimes police catch drug dealers down there, and it tends to be a place for graffiti. However, teenagers are found here when they want to be alone and not be disturbed or rest here after a walk with a friend. Something along those lines.
                                          TRAIN STATION This train station is connected to a railway that goes through most of California. Regardless of there being cars, sometimes people still board the train if they're going to see a relative in another city. It is a more direct way of getting to major cities in California than taking the roads, anyways.
                                          HILLTOP/REST AREA The area serves as a nice resting area for people who have been on their feet all day. It's a popular place for employees to go and eat their lunch with friends. The area is quite relaxing, yet lively, and is quite beautiful. It overlooks the city of San Francisco.
                                          APARTMENT COMPLEX Along the edges of the city and here-and-there inside the city are apartment complexes, just before suburbs begin to branch out. The one closest to the school is a mile or two away. Some students can rent a smaller apartment within the complex as a dorm. They are, however, a little more expensive. If all dorms are taken inside the school, however, the price will go down.
                                          SUBURBS Located along the outskirts of San Fran, the suburbs are of course much more quiet than the city. They are also very secure, and even have a gate that blocks the way unless you enter a code that all the inhabitants know.

THE BEACH Especially popular during the summer and weekends, students come to kill time here. The beach is located West of the school. Here, you can water ski and of course, surf. Sometimes on special occasions and festivals there will be giant blow-up slides for the kids. But of course, everyone rides it. If you aren't to keen of heights, though, you may want to back away. Also on these occasions they put out giant bicycles you can ride in the water. They fit three people, and the people on the edges pedal the bike. It sounds absurd, but the citizens love it.
                                          THE DOCKS The docks hold personal to cruise line boats. It's just off the beach, and if one walks down far enough, there will be a space in which no boats occupy, and it's just the edge of the dock and then water. Musicians tend to be drawn to the area, as it is relaxing and inspiring. The people passing by on the docks also greatly enjoy the music and usually donate some money, even if they don't need it.

Shirtless Genius

xxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxx - - A R i S E

xxxxxxxxxx » » » TEACHERS .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image xxxxxxxx↳↳ KAREN JOHNSON
                                      xxxxx thirty-two
                                      xxxxx female
                                      xxxxx demon
                                      xxxxx history
                                      xxxxx she's pretty strict when it comes to getting work done, however is rather laid-back in class. during her lectures she slips out a random joke or tends to get off-topic, which usually ends in her discussing a conspiracy theory on JFK's assassination. or at least something along those lines. on her planning and study hall hours, she goes to the pe class and assists the teacher by personally aiding the students in their power development.

User Image xxxxxxxx↳↳ MARK ERICSON
                                      xxxxx twenty-two
                                      xxxxx male
                                      xxxxx shape-shifter
                                      xxxxx language arts
                                      xxxxx as the youngest teacher in moonlight, many girls tend to swoon over him. he is very reserved, which makes him greatly dislike this, especially because he was a gargoyle at first. in order to not scare students, he would stay in a human form. nobody has seen his true form, mainly because he hasn't gone back into it for quite some time. he usually finds comfort and company with the music teacher or foreign language teacher. the foreign language teacher usually makes all the fangirls go away because there are rumors that they're dating.

User Image xxxxxxxx↳↳ ERIC WILLIAMS
                                      xxxxx forty
                                      xxxxx male
                                      xxxxx telepath
                                      xxxxx mathematics
                                      xxxxx he's very intelligent. he was born with an unbelievably high IQ, and was a math prodigy since he was five. he can speak telepathically and read minds, which sometimes he uses to his own personal advantages, such as invading students' privacies. this man also has got a reputation for being an utter pervert. girls usually sit in the back of the room with their legs tightly crossed and make sure they don't wear low-cut shirts. because basically, if he sees one little upskirt...he's gonna ******** you.

User Image xxxxxxxx↳↳ ERIN DEMPSEY
                                      xxxxx thirty
                                      xxxxx female
                                      xxxxx nekomimi
                                      xxxxx science
                                      xxxxx this particular teacher is possibly the most under qualified one in the bunch. with a childlike outlook on life, she's been known to bring a lot of excitement to her classes. she's very ditzy and considerably spastic, but in a cute, charming way. she's late to class all the time, and with that she usually brings some bizarre excuse that anyone who didn't know her wouldn't possibly believe. sometimes she'll offer students a ride to places if they need it. whatever you do, don't accept. she's a god-awful driver. she's the type of teacher who will make you laugh. nobody will argue about that, although she has quite the temper. she is by no means your everyday teacher. she will talk back to you, and she will not stop until you either shut the ******** up, or somebody pulls her away kicking and screaming. god help you if you upstage her, piss her off, or call her out on a mistake. those teeth and claws aren't just for show.

User Image xxxxxxxx↳↳ SYLVIA RUBY
                                      xxxxx twenty-eight
                                      xxxxx female
                                      xxxxx robot composed of nanobots
                                      xxxxx physical education
                                      xxxxx as a robot, she does not fully understand human emotions or limits. she often pushes her students overboard and points out their "errors" without any remorse. she was built to keep the students in top physical condition, and she will not stop until her primary objectives are achieved. it's because of this, the history teacher often lets her class have a free period to make sure the kids in pe don't die.

User Image xxxxxxxx↳↳ NICHOLAS MARSHALL
                                      xxxxx twenty-six
                                      xxxxx male
                                      xxxxx angel
                                      xxxxx music
                                      xxxxx the music teacher is quite the character. he is a master of the piano, trumpet, viola and guitar. he tends to get the teacher of the year award most of the time. he had a reign of eight straight years, in fact, only to be broken by the science teacher. he tends to charm his way into things he wants, making him win almost every argument. students love him because he cracks a joke about bach or suzuki while studying theory and music history. usually he's somewhere bothering the science teacher. she hates him for it, but he finds her rage quite amusing.

User Image xxxxxxxx↳↳ NAJICA REMMINGS
                                      xxxxx twenty-five
                                      xxxxx female
                                      xxxxx psychic
                                      xxxxx art
                                      xxxxx quiet, observant and optimistic. 3 words to describe this mysterious teacher who had only started teaching at moonlight last year. she rarely speaks, so don't expect to have a long, meaningful any conversation with her. however, when she does talk, it's usually about something very important. she communicates to her students by drawing instructions on the blackboard and lets them decide how to complete the assignment. this is her take on visual perception. outside of school, she can usually be found tending to the garden in the courtyard.

User Image xxxxxxxx↳↳ BRANDON SMITH
                                      xxxxx thirty-five
                                      xxxxx male
                                      xxxxx spirit
                                      xxxxx mythology
                                      xxxxx he's quite laid-back in his classes and is pretty indifferent to his students. he trusts them to get their work done, and they do. he only teaches in front of the class when he absolutely has to, otherwise they're doing their quarter-long project or have their noses in their text books. however, he can tell when students are getting off-track, and will tell them to quit. he has an intimidating presence, regardless of how calm he seems, so students usually follow his orders.

User Image xxxxxxxx↳↳ AMELIA VALENTINE
                                      xxxxx twenty-six
                                      xxxxx female
                                      xxxxx pureblood vampire
                                      xxxxx foreign language
                                      xxxxx as the general foreign language teacher, she knows countless languages. some of them include: german, french, spanish, latin, japanese, and korean. she generally only speaks with the language teacher. they seem to get along well and have similar views. they aren't just co-workers, but friends. sometimes she gets a fluttery feeling, but she isn't one to let it show. most of the time, however, she wishes the rumors about her and the language arts teacher would just disappear.

Shirtless Genius

xxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxx - - A R i S E

xxxxxxxxxx » » » BANNERS & SUCH .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

[align=center][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/university-school-roleplay/a-r-i-s-e-uc/t.79165269/][img]http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m639/Vintage-Anime/edits/herpbanneredit.jpg[/img][/url][/align]

User Image

[align=center][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/university-school-roleplay/a-r-i-s-e-uc/t.79165269/][img]http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/ElectronicBeatles/loln.gif[/img][/url][/align]

**this lovely banner by Paradoxataur, thank you very much!**

*if you'd like to make a banner to add to the collection, have at it ;D i'd love to see what some of you guys have in that creative mind of yours♥

Shirtless Genius

xxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxx - - A R i S E

xxxxxxxxxx » » » WEATHER & DATES .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday

January February March April May June July August September October November December

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
                                      11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
                                      21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 (31)

cloudy rainy sunny windy storm partially cloudy snow
                                      74 degrees

Shirtless Genius

User Image

Thank you, Memsy, for making this chuckle-worthy reserved sign.
In case I forget something, and to keep the thread neat.

Shirtless Genius

User Image

Shirtless Genius

User Image

Shirtless Genius

User Image

Shirtless Genius

User Image

Shirtless Genius

User Image
User Image
User Image

And we're finally open! Have fun!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items