Welcome to Gaia! ::

SourAlpha
jumping tiger of spirit
SourAlpha
jumping tiger of spirit
he did it to save their lives.

but it's nice to know that you support suicide.

It's cute how you fling around fallacies.

He condemned them. you can ignore the prime example that discredits your opinion but it will always be there. You have your opinion which is cute, but I have on my side facts and those facts are they in both the books and movie, he turned them for the same selfish reasons. He is no saint.

nothing you said is true. so the facts are on my side.

you think people who save lives are bad people.
and you think people like hitler are good people.

And you continue to spew fallacies, shame. You never could prove what you said. So like I said, keep your opinions and know it'll never be facts. Till you can prove what you say like I can, there is no discussion to be had here, you'll always like Carlisle but anything you say past that won't matter when up against other people's opinions that have proof to back them up.

lol im actually getting tired of reading these posts. i couldn't make it past "fallacies".

anyway. i'm training to be an EMT or a terrorist as you might call it.
jumping tiger of spirit
lol im actually getting tired of reading these posts. i couldn't make it past "fallacies".

I'm sure you couldn't make it past that, since you don't know what it means nor can make a proper rebuttal.

Kid, I know for a fact you're not past HS, but dream big.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
SourAlpha
jumping tiger of spirit

I'm sure you couldn't make it past that, since you don't know what it means nor can make a proper rebuttal.

shows how legit your "facts" are.
He's the best! heart
jumping tiger of spirit
SourAlpha
jumping tiger of spirit

Indeed it does, because I already told you that the proof exists in the books-which you agreed on- and that they exist in the movies as well. You didn't like this so some how connected it to me being a terrorist because I said Carlisle is a selfish d**k, which he is.
SourAlpha
jumping tiger of spirit
SourAlpha
jumping tiger of spirit

Indeed it does, because I already told you that the proof exists in the books-which you agreed on- and that they exist in the movies as well. You didn't like this so some how connected it to me being a terrorist because I said Carlisle is a selfish d**k, which he is.

"Kid, I know for a fact you're not past HS."

shows how legit you "facts" are.

Virtuous Prophet

jumping tiger of spirit
SourAlpha
Because I like consent and sentences that make sense. No one asked him to save them, he saved them because he was selfish and lonely.

so people who save people are selfish and lonely?

wow i would hate to live on whatever planet you came from.

But he didn't just save them. He completely altered their state of being and -- at least theoretically -- damned their souls. Edward certainly believes vampires are damned. If he had been given the choice between eternal damnation and death, which do you think he would have chosen? It's not good or right for someone to make decisions concerning life and death and the state of the soul without the consent of the person in question. What Carlisle did was fundamentally wrong (just like Edwards continued insistence that Bella cannot become a vampire due to his beliefs is also fundamentally wrong).

However, I would argue he did it out of more than selfishness and loneliness (though those are certainly contributing factors -- especially when it comes to Edward, since Carlisle obviously wanted a companion). Carlisle did have good intentions, I believe -- he did want to "save" the people in question. But he -- like his actions -- is also fundamentally flawed. It's why he's an interesting character.
rose colored lies
jumping tiger of spirit
SourAlpha
Because I like consent and sentences that make sense. No one asked him to save them, he saved them because he was selfish and lonely.

so people who save people are selfish and lonely?

wow i would hate to live on whatever planet you came from.

But he didn't just save them. He completely altered their state of being and -- at least theoretically -- damned their souls. Edward certainly believes vampires are damned. If he had been given the choice between eternal damnation and death, which do you think he would have chosen? It's not good or right for someone to make decisions concerning life and death and the state of the soul without the consent of the person in question. What Carlisle did was fundamentally wrong (just like Edwards continued insistence that Bella cannot become a vampire due to his beliefs is also fundamentally wrong).

However, I would argue he did it out of more than selfishness and loneliness (though those are certainly contributing factors -- especially when it comes to Edward, since Carlisle obviously wanted a companion). Carlisle did have good intentions, I believe -- he did want to "save" the people in question. But he -- like his actions -- is also fundamentally flawed. It's why he's an interesting character.

sure there are side effects to being saved but he still saved them. idk why ppl are saying he did it for selfish reasons though.
and moments away from death i'm sure anyone would not give a second thought to being saved. and now his life is even better than it ever was.

bottom line, he's a great person for wanting to save their lives and there were no selfish reasons behind his actions.

Prodigal Mage

jumping tiger of spirit
sure there are side effects to being saved but he still saved them.

And potentially damned their souls. And took away their humanity. Let's not pretend that these are itty bitty "side effects" hardly worth mentioning.

Quote:
idk why ppl are saying he did it for selfish reasons though.

Because he was lonely. Because he wanted a family who followed his way of life in a world where most everyone else found him to be a strange anomaly. These are selfish reasons. They are also understandable reasons, but that doesn't diminish their selfishness.

Quote:
and moments away from death i'm sure anyone would not give a second thought to being saved.

Even people who believe that eternal happiness waits for them after death? Come on now.

Quote:
and now his life is even better than it ever was.

Edward hates being a vampire. He hates himself because he's a vampire. Rosalie also wishes she weren't a vampire and even tells Bella that part of the reason she dislikes her is because Bella has been given the choice that she was not, and yet she is "choosing wrong."

Also, do note that Edward is equally selfish, since he refuses to turn Bella because he wants to save her soul -- despite her choice to be a vampire.

Quote:
bottom line, he's a great person for wanting to save their lives

I agree he's a good person. I also think that he had noble intentions. But noble intentions don't erase wrongdoing.

Quote:
and there were no selfish reasons behind his actions.

Not true. See above.
haunting heaven
jumping tiger of spirit

And potentially damned their souls. And took away their humanity. Let's not pretend that these are itty bitty "side effects" hardly worth mentioning.

Quote:

Because he was lonely. Because he wanted a family who followed his way of life in a world where most everyone else found him to be a strange anomaly. These are selfish reasons. They are also understandable reasons, but that doesn't diminish their selfishness.

Quote:
and moments away from death i'm sure anyone would not give a second thought to being saved.

Even people who believe that eternal happiness waits for them after death? Come on now.

Quote:

Edward hates being a vampire. He hates himself because he's a vampire. Rosalie also wishes she weren't a vampire and even tells Bella that part of the reason she dislikes her is because Bella has been given the choice that she was not, and yet she is "choosing wrong."

Also, do note that Edward is equally selfish, since he refuses to turn Bella because he wants to save her soul -- despite her choice to be a vampire.

Quote:

I agree he's a good person. I also think that he had noble intentions. But noble intentions don't erase wrongdoing.

Quote:

Not true. See above.

those are itty bitty compared to all the benefits of it.

thats not why he did it. it was to save their lives.

like terrorists? well yah i would hope he never turned them.

hating his life doesn't mean his life is not better. it's way better.

he's more than redeemed himself.

Prodigal Mage

jumping tiger of spirit
haunting heaven
jumping tiger of spirit

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not true. See above.

those are itty bitty compared to all the benefits of it.

No.

Quote:
thats not why he did it. it was to save their lives.

Both.

Quote:
like terrorists? well yah i would hope he never turned them.

No.

Quote:
hating his life doesn't mean his life is not better. it's way better.

No.

Quote:
he's more than redeemed himself.

Debatable.
I like him but I resent him because he made sparklies.
Love him! He's probably my favorite of the vampires. Sorry Edward, but I like you least. >.>
i think he's awesome! but i like all the characters.

In a relationship with Cyberweasel89

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
jumping tiger of spirit
SourAlpha
jumping tiger of spirit
he's cool yah.
good actor, good character. whats not to like?

i like edward the best though. i think he's the best male character.

What's not to like is the fact that he turned people without their consent and that you revived a dead thread.

thats not not to like. why would you not like that?

do you dislike the firefighters who risked their lives to save others on 9/11 because no one gave consent?

User Image

Where the hell did that come from? Turning someone into a vampire and people like police and firemen saving the victims of 9/11 are two completely different things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff