Midnight Sun 0.016806722689076 1.7% [ 2 ]
Second Short Life of Bree Tanner 0.042016806722689 4.2% [ 5 ]
All 0.067226890756303 6.7% [ 8 ]
None Twilight is Stupid 0.21848739495798 21.8% [ 26 ]
All equally 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 119 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

ArieTorment
i think anyway.. Stephanie did a wonderful job on all the books that exsist in print... i was never able to find an author with such vocab before :3 its amazing...

i agree woth you
I_BITE_CHU_143
ArieTorment
i think anyway.. Stephanie did a wonderful job on all the books that exsist in print... i was never able to find an author with such vocab before :3 its amazing...

i agree woth you

smile
I like Eclipse because I saw Twilight 50 billion times and Im tired of it...New Moon used to be my fav until I found out in Breaking Dawn jacob fell in love with a dern baby

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Ray_Ray2569
I like Eclipse because I saw Twilight 50 billion times and Im tired of it...New Moon used to be my fav until I found out in Breaking Dawn jacob fell in love with a dern baby

caligulasAquarium

To be fair, Meyer did completely derail his character to make Edward look better by comparison.User Image
Twilight. 4laugh
Out of the Twilight series I enjoyed Breaking Dawn The most, although I enjoyed "Twilight" because it brought us the main characters, Breaking Dawn brought us the understanding of why Bella was the way she was and how she grew as her own person.
I like New Moon the most; can't quite put my finger on why... It was my least favourite movie for some reason. I guess I just liked the way it was written.

Fashionable Vampire

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Breaking Dawn is my favorite

Eloquent Dabbler

MuffinTheOrphan
You were doing real great until you said that antis just doesn't understand her precious characters like she does and insinuated that fans understand her characters on her level because they liked the books.

I'm not even that mad about it. Rather, I'd like to engage you in a discussion. Since you don't think antis or people in general who didn't like the book understood her characters, would you like to walk with me through the list of characters that mattered in this series and tell me your view on them?

If you accept, I'd like to start with the center of the whole series; Bella.

To me, Bella is the most unrelatable teen girl in the entirety of literature and (though this is a bit extreme) Meyer should be smacked once for every time she ever said that Bella was a heroine.

In an effort to stay on topic, i'll say that my favourite book is probably Eclipse. I'm not quite sure why, but some of my favourite scenes and quotes are from that book, so I'll stick with it. (:

I hope you don't mind that I decided to reply to this post; I know I wasn't the original poster you were talking to, but it's hard to find people these days in this forum actually willing to discuss the series. (:

I don't agree with the original comment that Anti's dislike the series only because they don't understand the characters. I've met plenty of people who disliked it for a variety of reasons; for example:

01 . They didn't like the fact that it claimed to be a vampire novel, when it was really more of a romance/drama.
      02 . The constant dribble about Edward's (as well as the Cullen family's) looks were too much to be tasteful for their liking.
      03 . The Cullens weren't really vampires in their eyes.

These are, of course, a few among many reasons that the people i've spoken with disliked the series. I never get upset when I hear that people dislike the series, because no one is ever going to make a book or series that every single person loves. However, a lot of Anti's - mainly on this forum - do tend to dismiss certain aspects of the books in favour of making fun of it instead. For example, the characters' personalities.

I truly did find Bella very relatable, to be quite honest. I picked up the first book when I was about to go into my sophmore year (That is the 10th grade, correct? Sorry, the terms aren't used as often where i'm from, haha) of high school, and to be honest, I was quite the book worm. I was at the age where all that my friends wanted to do were go sneak out every night and get ridiculously wasted at house parties, among other activities.

Needless to say, I felt like I was a bit alone in a crowd of people; none of my friends understood why I wasn't interested in the parties, or the boys, or any of the things they seemed to be into. This is one of the reasons that I found myself relating to Bella; she had multiple friends when she moved to Forks, but for the most part, her character liked to stay home and read or spend time with her father than go out shopping or to parties. At that stage in my life, that was how my attitiude was most of the time.

I understand that a lot of people don't think of her as an independant character - usually quite the opposite, actually - but because she always tried to do her own thing, I always thought of her that way. I always seemed to get embarassed when I tried to stick up for myself around my friends, but I admired that she was someone who stuck to her guns.

OKAY, so i'm not really sure if anything i've said makes sense, or if people are going to think it's a little silly. I figured i'd give you a response, though, so i'm hoping this might help you understand why some fans might find her relatable; at least from my point of view, anyway. (:

Also... i'm sorry for the ridiculous length of this response. I hadn't realized how long it was until I was about to press submit, haha.

LadyLike_XO

In an effort to stay on topic, i'll say that my favourite book is probably Eclipse. I'm not quite sure why, but some of my favourite scenes and quotes are from that book, so I'll stick with it. (:

I hope you don't mind that I decided to reply to this post; I know I wasn't the original poster you were talking to, but it's hard to find people these days in this forum actually willing to discuss the series. (:

I don't agree with the original comment that Anti's dislike the series only because they don't understand the characters. I've met plenty of people who disliked it for a variety of reasons; for example:

01 . They didn't like the fact that it claimed to be a vampire novel, when it was really more of a romance/drama.
      02 . The constant dribble about Edward's (as well as the Cullen family's) looks were too much to be tasteful for their liking.
      03 . The Cullens weren't really vampires in their eyes.

These are, of course, a few among many reasons that the people i've spoken with disliked the series. I never get upset when I hear that people dislike the series, because no one is ever going to make a book or series that every single person loves. However, a lot of Anti's - mainly on this forum - do tend to dismiss certain aspects of the books in favour of making fun of it instead. For example, the characters' personalities.

I truly did find Bella very relatable, to be quite honest. I picked up the first book when I was about to go into my sophmore year (That is the 10th grade, correct? Sorry, the terms aren't used as often where i'm from, haha) of high school, and to be honest, I was quite the book worm. I was at the age where all that my friends wanted to do were go sneak out every night and get ridiculously wasted at house parties, among other activities.

Needless to say, I felt like I was a bit alone in a crowd of people; none of my friends understood why I wasn't interested in the parties, or the boys, or any of the things they seemed to be into. This is one of the reasons that I found myself relating to Bella; she had multiple friends when she moved to Forks, but for the most part, her character liked to stay home and read or spend time with her father than go out shopping or to parties. At that stage in my life, that was how my attitiude was most of the time.

I understand that a lot of people don't think of her as an independant character - usually quite the opposite, actually - but because she always tried to do her own thing, I always thought of her that way. I always seemed to get embarassed when I tried to stick up for myself around my friends, but I admired that she was someone who stuck to her guns.

OKAY, so i'm not really sure if anything i've said makes sense, or if people are going to think it's a little silly. I figured i'd give you a response, though, so i'm hoping this might help you understand why some fans might find her relatable; at least from my point of view, anyway. (:

Also... i'm sorry for the ridiculous length of this response. I hadn't realized how long it was until I was about to press submit, haha.

Muffin the Orphan is me, I just don't feel like logging off and switching accounts to answer you.

I honestly don't see how Bella is relatable nor do I see how Bella has a personality to begin with. She's such a blank slate to me. She doesn't like anything that isn't Jacob or Edward, doesn't care for anything, doesn't have any hobbies, etc. She just seems so blank. I mean, it just seems like it got to the point where when she said that she didn't like music, she lied an said that she liked the same music that Edward liked. Such a convenience that was.

How do you see Bella as independent? I don't think Bella would know what being independent meant if she stole the declaration of independence.

Don't worry, I too can go on and on when it comes to posting.

Eloquent Dabbler

GreatWizardRoniBaby
Muffin the Orphan is me, I just don't feel like logging off and switching accounts to answer you.

I honestly don't see how Bella is relatable nor do I see how Bella has a personality to begin with. She's such a blank slate to me. She doesn't like anything that isn't Jacob or Edward, doesn't care for anything, doesn't have any hobbies, etc. She just seems so blank. I mean, it just seems like it go to the point where Bella lied when she said that she didn't like music, only to say that she liked the type of music Edward liked.

How do you see Bella as independent? I don't think Bella would know what being independent meant if she stole the declaration of independence.

Don't worry, I too can go on and on when it comes to posting.

I do agree that her lack of hobbies was disappointing, but I wouldn't say that she didn't care for anything other than Jacob or Edward. Her biggest/main passion that was mentioned was her interest in classic literature; as I mentioned before, i'm a big book worm, so I can relate to the idea of getting lost in a book. (:

As far as the music, the only time she said that she disliked it, was in New Moon. She loved a lot of the classics (it was mentioned her mom used to play them around the house while she grew up), and that was something she had in common with Edward when they met. In New Moon, however, she stated she didn't like Music because her character was in a heavy depression, and music reminded her of Edward; a little dramatic, i'll admit, but I just wanted to clarify why she said it. Haha.

As far as her independance, it's exactly as I stated before; I admired that she stook up for herself and the people she loved, as well as her ideals and morals.

I can see how certain people wouldn't like Twilight, or Bella specifically; I do see some of the circumstances that some Anti's have stated as to how they think she is ridiculously dependant or something of the sort. However, it's not how I interpreted it when I read it.
LadyLike_XO

I do agree that her lack of hobbies was disappointing, but I wouldn't say that she didn't care for anything other than Jacob or Edward. Her biggest/main passion that was mentioned was her interest in classic literature; as I mentioned before, i'm a big book worm, so I can relate to the idea of getting lost in a book. (:

As far as the music, the only time she said that she disliked it, was in New Moon. She loved a lot of the classics (it was mentioned her mom used to play them around the house while she grew up), and that was something she had in common with Edward when they met. In New Moon, however, she stated she didn't like Music because her character was in a heavy depression, and music reminded her of Edward; a little dramatic, i'll admit, but I just wanted to clarify why she said it. Haha.

As far as her independance, it's exactly as I stated before; I admired that she stook up for herself and the people she loved, as well as her ideals and morals.

I can see how certain people wouldn't like Twilight, or Bella specifically; I do see some of the circumstances that some Anti's have stated as to how they think she is ridiculously dependant or something of the sort. However, it's not how I interpreted it when I read it.
I wouldn't say her love of the book Wuthering Heights was a passion for reading, books, and classic literature. It seems like that's all she read and it was only mentioned a couple times during the first book. It never seems like her 'love for literature' was ever mentioned again after that. Meyer's name dropping in the first book wasn't very impressive to me. Saying that Bella read ALL of their work and could ace anything on it? That is highly unbelievable.

I feel the same way about the music. Her name dropping isn't impressive and isn't relatable. No modern teen who is supposed to be relatable listens to the type of music that Bella does who has the same exact taste in music as Edward, which was stupid.

I'd love it if you clarified her independence a bit more because I didn't see her as independent at all. She depended on Edward and Jacob and was so co dependent that it was just bad to me. She didn't seem like she could do something as simple as walking, it was weird to me how Jacob and Edward were always carrying her.
i like breaking dawn because edward and bella FINALLY get married and have a baby.
I really don't like Twilight. Characters are flat, there's a bad plot, and nothing really changes. Except Jacob becoming a ***** and Bella becoming a now IMMORTAL damsel in distress. That changes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff