Total Votes:[ 119 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Alexander J Luthor
I'll have to get my hands on the book to get the full quote, but at the end where Bella and Wardo are lying in bed, she flips s**t around and says it was actually fine because it was a symbol of her dedication to him or something...

caligulasAquarium

You're ******** kidding me.

Well, I haven't read it in a long while (thank Sithis), but that does sound like some sort of ******** up logic Meyer would come up with.
            User Image

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Minerva de Sade
Alexander J Luthor
I'll have to get my hands on the book to get the full quote, but at the end where Bella and Wardo are lying in bed, she flips s**t around and says it was actually fine because it was a symbol of her dedication to him or something...

caligulasAquarium

You're ******** kidding me.

Well, I haven't read it in a long while (thank Sithis), but that does sound like some sort of ******** up logic Meyer would come up with.
            User Image
I have a day off coming up, so I'll be running over to grab at least a few more boxes. The books should be in there.
They are all perfect.
All the series sucks

5,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I loved the first part...new moon was too emotional...i hate that...eclipse had nothing more than a great fight...breaking dawn2 movie isn't out

Quotable Poster

8,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
I hated the first book. IT sucked majorly. SO did all of the movies. eek

But my favorite has to be new moon. it gave a lot of insight into bella & jacob's friendship. HOw she fell in love with him even though her true love was always edward. IT was scandalous. Eclipse second best. Breaking dawn was kind of whack. The end of the book really had no value in it.

I think anyone who doesn't like the series just doesn't understand the characters like meyer wanted them to. Each character in the book reflects someone can somewhat relate to on a human level. I really liked that about her style throughout the series. We all experience love in different ways and go about coping with it in our youth. These characters are ideal in giving young readers a dramatic story of how true love can overcome anything when you find the right person. She wraps a wonderful story with intriguing romance into a great series you have to understand in order to appreciate.
Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick
I hated the first book. IT sucked majorly. SO did all of the movies. eek

But my favorite has to be new moon. it gave a lot of insight into bella & jacob's friendship. HOw she fell in love with him even though her true love was always edward. IT was scandalous. Eclipse second best. Breaking dawn was kind of whack. The end of the book really had no value in it.

I think anyone who doesn't like the series just doesn't understand the characters like meyer wanted them to. Each character in the book reflects someone can somewhat relate to on a human level. I really liked that about her style throughout the series. We all experience love in different ways and go about coping with it in our youth. These characters are ideal in giving young readers a dramatic story of how true love can overcome anything when you find the right person. She wraps a wonderful story with intriguing romance into a great series you have to understand in order to appreciate.
You were doing real great until you said that antis just doesn't understand her precious characters like she does and insinuated that fans understand her characters on her level because they liked the books.

I'm not even that mad about it. Rather, I'd like to engage you in a discussion. Since you don't think antis or people in general who didn't like the book understood her characters, would you like to walk with me through the list of characters that mattered in this series and tell me your view on them?

If you accept, I'd like to start with the center of the whole series; Bella.

To me, Bella is the most unrelatable teen girl in the entirety of literature and (though this is a bit extreme) Meyer should be smacked once for every time she ever said that Bella was a heroine.
i hate books and reading so none of the above.

the movies are great though.

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Clambake 200
Eclipse. Dunno why. But Eclipse.
midnight sun isnt out.... how can you read it?? she put a stop to the book because some stole the rough draft...
ArieTorment
midnight sun isnt out.... how can you read it?? she put a stop to the book because some stole the rough draft...
No, no one stole the rough draft. Also, you can read the first 12 chapters on her site. Why like that book anyway? It's just Twilight all over again. It's a point of view that would've been welcomed in the first book and throughout the rest of the series, not as a stand alone book. Besides, it just shows how horrible Edward is. Why like it?
I don't really have a favoriate but i enjoy the midnight sun bit which shows things from edwards perpective.
i think anyway.. Stephanie did a wonderful job on all the books that exsist in print... i was never able to find an author with such vocab before :3 its amazing...

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
ArieTorment
i think anyway.. Stephanie did a wonderful job on all the books that exsist in print... i was never able to find an author with such vocab before :3 its amazing...

caligulasAquarium

There are plenty of other authors with an extensive vocabulary. Meyer isn't that "unique" in that aspect. I mean, authors like Stephen King have been around for quite some time. Even authors of Young Adult novels like Erin Colfer who wrote Artemis Fowl have a wonderful vocabulary. They just know when and when not to use it.

Meyer is unique in the fact that she abuses the words she knows, going as far as to not even use them in the proper context. "Chagrin" does not mean what she thinks it means. Throwing a bunch of five dollar words into a written document, whether it's a novel or even a school paper doesn't mean jack squat if you can't use them properly. You may think you sound smart, but, to people who actually know what those words mean, you're going to sound like an idiot.
            User Image
I cant chose a favorite

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas