Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Yokozukureinashubakoike
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x
Yokozukureinashubakoike
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x
the books far outweigh the movies in my opinion.

however, the movies are still good.
I disagree. Why do say that?

Don't get me wrong, the movies are still wonderful and my favorite, because I will always love the story. But I think they could have done a better job making things look real. Like in some scenes, you can blatantly tell its a set design (or at least I can). And I think sometimes the actors could have delivered the lines a little bit better.
I consider myself an original twilight fan because I read the first book when it first came out, and I think that is why I like the books a lot better. Because when you're reading the books, you have this own image in your head of how things should look or what the characters look like, etc.
And the book goes into so much detail as to how each character felt when they said or did or looked a certain way, and I just think they could have done a little bit better job putting some more emotion into their roles at certain parts. And some scenes still feel a bit downgraded, when I know good and well with all the technology they have in hollywood, they could have made them so much more badass.

but that's just me. biggrin
Yea… reading how beautiful Edward is so much detail. rolleyes

Yes. That is one perk. Because when you're reading the book, you can imagine that the vampires look so beautiful...as beautiful as you want them to because its your imagination.
But the actors will never look quite up to par because, since vampires don't exist, it is physically impossible for them [the actors] to be as beautiful as their characters were described in the book.

Dapper Shopper

Beloved Shapeshifter

rosailles
BOOK!
Care to elaborate? I'm more into the movies because it cuts out a lot of the fluff. And if it's because of Kristen Stewart, I beg to differ. She's perfectly suited for Bella because they both seem to act with little emotion.
movie heart

Hilarious Vampire

7,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x
Yokozukureinashubakoike
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x
Yokozukureinashubakoike
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x

Don't get me wrong, the movies are still wonderful and my favorite, because I will always love the story. But I think they could have done a better job making things look real. Like in some scenes, you can blatantly tell its a set design (or at least I can). And I think sometimes the actors could have delivered the lines a little bit better.
I consider myself an original twilight fan because I read the first book when it first came out, and I think that is why I like the books a lot better. Because when you're reading the books, you have this own image in your head of how things should look or what the characters look like, etc.
And the book goes into so much detail as to how each character felt when they said or did or looked a certain way, and I just think they could have done a little bit better job putting some more emotion into their roles at certain parts. And some scenes still feel a bit downgraded, when I know good and well with all the technology they have in hollywood, they could have made them so much more badass.

Yes. That is one perk. Because when you're reading the book, you can imagine that the vampires look so beautiful...as beautiful as you want them to because its your imagination.
But the actors will never look quite up to par because, since vampires don't exist, it is physically impossible for them [the actors] to be as beautiful as their characters were described in the book.

So, you're saying the only thing better about the books is that you can imagine the characters in your head? Because with the "detail as to how each character felt when they said or did or looked a certain way" Meyer had a nice habit of telling one thing and showing another. Plus, with all the purple prose I barely have any idea what things look like.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Countess K
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x
Yokozukureinashubakoike
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x
Yokozukureinashubakoike
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x

So, you're saying the only thing better about the books is that you can imagine the characters in your head? Because with the "detail as to how each character felt when they said or did or looked a certain way" Meyer had a nice habit of telling one thing and showing another. Plus, with all the purple prose I barely have any idea what things look like.

Yes. For me, that is one of the main reasons because personally, I read the series before any of the movies came out and so I already had this notion in my head of how things "should" have been so to speak. But that's just a personal reason. And also, I just think that some of the really beautiful scenes in the books were downplayed a little onscreen. But again, thats just my opinion.
I still, however, love the movies. I just think some parts of them could have definitely been better.
The books are always better than the movies.

Hilarious Vampire

7,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x
Countess K
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x
Yokozukureinashubakoike
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x

Yes. For me, that is one of the main reasons because personally, I read the series before any of the movies came out and so I already had this notion in my head of how things "should" have been so to speak. But that's just a personal reason. And also, I just think that some of the really beautiful scenes in the books were downplayed a little onscreen. But again, thats just my opinion.
I still, however, love the movies. I just think some parts of them could have definitely been better.

Which scenes?
Yokozukureinashubakoike
ProxyEvangeline
The books are always better than the movies.
How?

They give of more detail than the movies can... Yes, the movies can make a visual scene. But in the twilight saga's case, the books just seem better.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Countess K
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x
Countess K
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x
Yokozukureinashubakoike
x-BIRD-of-HERMES-x

Which scenes?

It's not so much whole scenes. Its more of the little things that made the book so special to people. Like a look, or the WAY something was said. Like in New Moon, the scene where Edward leaves could have been way better in my opinion. When I first read that part in the book for the first time, i pictured both Bella and Edward as being very heartbroken...I was almost sad for them...and in the movie, Rob sounded a little monotone and needed a tad bit more emotion. And Kristen, in my opinion, did not deliver those iconic lines as good as they could've been delivered. I know she's an actress, but it was very evident that she WAS ACTING. And personally, when I watch a movie, I like for the actors to be fluid enough that it seems like they're not acting. But again, thats just my personal taste.
Long story short: some of the scenes were ALMOST there but not quite.
I do, however, think that "Breaking Dawn" has been the best out of all the movies and seeing the lastest trailer for part 2 has given me great hope.
They just give off that they contain more details... Where in the movies.. they had a horrible director for Twilight. But in the other movies, they actually were good. But movies are sometimes not always to be able to get fully into the story.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff