Do you agree with me?

Yes. 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 6 ]
On some level but I still don't like twilight >_> 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 1 ]
No. but I like twilight. 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 1 ]
No 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

weddingsaint
Well he did deny that he is a vampire when she confronted him its the fact that she had proof and he knows she does.
He did not deny he was a vampire when she confronted him. Book wise, he didn't really say anything except that he could read minds. Let's see...She had no proof that anyone would believe. They'd think she was crazy. What we think constitutes as a vampire is what the people in the book would think so they wouldn't believe Bella. At all. So her having proof and him knowing that wouldn't prompt him to say 'yeah alright, you got me'.

Quote:
And he knows that hes dangerous to Bella which is why he kept trying to get her to be scared of him but Bella knows he can control himself when it comes to her safety, but Jacob can't really control himself that well, all he has to do is get a little upset and then he'll shift and possibly hurt Bella.
Like I said, if he was so overprotective of her he would've left her in the first book way before the nomadic vampires came or not admit to being a vampire. That simple. Jacob wouldn't have hurt Bella. He has a anger problem but it's not towards her. He wouldn't attack her at all. If he shifts near her he wouldn't hurt her either as proven in New Moon where Jacob shifted to confront Laurent and didn't hurt her because she was near. He was focused on the task at hand. Even when it was said and done with and got near Bella he didn't hurt her. The only dangerous person in Bella's life who could and has hurt her is Edward.

Quote:
And Jacob isn't being nice to her because he just wants to be friends he LOVES her,
It isn't proven that he was instantly in love with her. Friendship can gradually change into love so he can't be painted as always wanting Bella even when he reunited with her in Twilight. Also, I never said that he was nice with her because he just wanted to be friends.

Quote:
besides Bella knows that Edward is uncomfortable with her relationship with Jacob but to her Jacob is just a friend (until the end of eclipse where she realized that she loves Jacob too)
Exactly. If she knows this then she needs to make everyone involved know that she wants only Edward and to not string Jacob along. Also, she figured it out in New Moon. I think it was when he kissed her and she thought that while she loved Jacob, she loved Edward more, not Eclipse. If she knows he's uncomfortable with her relationship with Jacob then she needed to make it clear to him that she wasn't going to leave him and if he was still insecure then that was his fault, that doesn't give him a excuse to act like a douche bag and have it be labeled as over protectiveness.

Quote:
and I know that it doesn't seem very fair to Edward but no one said that Bella is perfect she can be very selfish and she knows it, but who isn't?
Like I said, she's a manipulative t**t who wanted both of them and that feeling didn't go away till Nessie came around.

Quote:
Not many people can say that they haven't manipulated someone in some shape or form. Also I think Edward is the farthest thing from rude, but again hes not perfect and hey everyone gets jealous. Ugh I feel like I said 'knows' to much in this >-< sorry sweatdrop
He is very rude. Then again, it's all about how one sees it. I see him as rude and would never see him as a perfect boyfriend or have what it takes to be anyone's perfect boyfriend.

Friendly Perfectionist

MuffinTheOrphan
weddingsaint
Well he did deny that he is a vampire when she confronted him its the fact that she had proof and he knows she does.
He did not deny he was a vampire when she confronted him. Book wise, he didn't really say anything except that he could read minds. Let's see...She had no proof that anyone would believe. They'd think she was crazy. What we think constitutes as a vampire is what the people in the book would think so they wouldn't believe Bella. At all. So her having proof and him knowing that wouldn't prompt him to say 'yeah alright, you got me'.

Quote:
And he knows that hes dangerous to Bella which is why he kept trying to get her to be scared of him but Bella knows he can control himself when it comes to her safety, but Jacob can't really control himself that well, all he has to do is get a little upset and then he'll shift and possibly hurt Bella.
Like I said, if he was so overprotective of her he would've left her in the first book way before the nomadic vampires came or not admit to being a vampire. That simple. Jacob wouldn't have hurt Bella. He has a anger problem but it's not towards her. He wouldn't attack her at all. If he shifts near her he wouldn't hurt her either as proven in New Moon where Jacob shifted to confront Laurent and didn't hurt her because she was near. He was focused on the task at hand. Even when it was said and done with and got near Bella he didn't hurt her. The only dangerous person in Bella's life who could and has hurt her is Edward.

Quote:
And Jacob isn't being nice to her because he just wants to be friends he LOVES her,
It isn't proven that he was instantly in love with her. Friendship can gradually change into love so he can't be painted as always wanting Bella even when he reunited with her in Twilight. Also, I never said that he was nice with her because he just wanted to be friends.

Quote:
besides Bella knows that Edward is uncomfortable with her relationship with Jacob but to her Jacob is just a friend (until the end of eclipse where she realized that she loves Jacob too)
Exactly. If she knows this then she needs to make everyone involved know that she wants only Edward and to not string Jacob along. Also, she figured it out in New Moon. I think it was when he kissed her and she thought that while she loved Jacob, she loved Edward more, not Eclipse. If she knows he's uncomfortable with her relationship with Jacob then she needed to make it clear to him that she wasn't going to leave him and if he was still insecure then that was his fault, that doesn't give him a excuse to act like a douche bag and have it be labeled as over protectiveness.

Quote:
and I know that it doesn't seem very fair to Edward but no one said that Bella is perfect she can be very selfish and she knows it, but who isn't?
Like I said, she's a manipulative t**t who wanted both of them and that feeling didn't go away till Nessie came around.

Quote:
Not many people can say that they haven't manipulated someone in some shape or form. Also I think Edward is the farthest thing from rude, but again hes not perfect and hey everyone gets jealous. Ugh I feel like I said 'knows' to much in this >-< sorry sweatdrop
He is very rude. Then again, it's all about how one sees it. I see him as rude and would never see him as a perfect boyfriend or have what it takes to be anyone's perfect boyfriend.

My fingers hurt >_< lets agree to disagree but I will say that yes Jacob did always like Bella just not as intensely as later

Prodigal Mage

weddingsaint
Edward is not abusive, overprotective yes. I know some people can call it abusive but he really does just worry about her, and hes only like that when she's around Jacob cause he knows that Jacob is trying to steal her away from him. Now put yourself in Edwards shoes, how would you like it if your girlfriend/boyfriend was hanging out with someone that you know has every intention of stealing her/him away from you? But if you recall in eclipse after Bella explained to Edward that he had nothing to worry about he let her do what she wanted.

I'm sorry, but "overprotective" is usually just a codeword for "controlling psycho." And, anyway, Edward drags Bella--against her will--across the parking lot in the very first book, then threatens to do it again if she attempts to run away. There was nothing protective about this. It was all about forcing her to do something she didn't want to do. Later, he forces her to attend the prom, and when she cries, he doesn't express concern--he acts like she's putting him out by being upset at his trickery and manipulation. Creepy doesn't even begin to cover it.

Also, jealousy is not a valid excuse for telling one's significant other that she/he is not allowed to see a friend. It also does not excuse KIDNAPPING that significant other. Or dismantling her/his car. Or telling her/him to drop the subject when she/he attempts to argue her/his point. Just because his motivation is understandable doesn't make it right.

Friendly Perfectionist

haunting heaven
weddingsaint
Edward is not abusive, overprotective yes. I know some people can call it abusive but he really does just worry about her, and hes only like that when she's around Jacob cause he knows that Jacob is trying to steal her away from him. Now put yourself in Edwards shoes, how would you like it if your girlfriend/boyfriend was hanging out with someone that you know has every intention of stealing her/him away from you? But if you recall in eclipse after Bella explained to Edward that he had nothing to worry about he let her do what she wanted.

I'm sorry, but "overprotective" is usually just a codeword for "controlling psycho." And, anyway, Edward drags Bella--against her will--across the parking lot in the very first book, then threatens to do it again if she attempts to run away. There was nothing protective about this. It was all about forcing her to do something she didn't want to do. Later, he forces her to attend the prom, and when she cries, he doesn't express concern--he acts like she's putting him out by being upset at his trickery and manipulation. Creepy doesn't even begin to cover it.

Also, jealousy is not a valid excuse for telling one's significant other that she/he is not allowed to see a friend. It also does not excuse KIDNAPPING that significant other. Or dismantling her/his car. Or telling her/him to drop the subject when she/he attempts to argue her/his point. Just because his motivation is understandable doesn't make it right.

Not saying it does....I know Edward can be controlling,heck even he knows he can be controlling, but like I keep saying, he's not perfect.Everyone has their faults.

Prodigal Mage

weddingsaint
Not saying it does....I know Edward can be controlling,heck even he knows he can be controlling, but like I keep saying, he's not perfect.Everyone has their faults.

...and his faults makes him abusive and not good boyfriend material. :/ Also, you implied that it was fine--or, at least, not that bad--when you claimed that Edward wasn't abusive.

Also, I wouldn't have an issue with Edward having these faults IF they were portrayed as being faults instead of "protectiveness" and supposedly "romantic" behavior. In the context of the books, though, he's never called out on anything--except for a bit of complaint from Bella, who still fluffs off his behavior as perfectly acceptable.

Friendly Perfectionist

haunting heaven
weddingsaint

...and his faults makes him abusive and not good boyfriend material. :/ Also, you implied that it was fine--or, at least, not that bad--when you claimed that Edward wasn't abusive.

Also, I wouldn't have an issue with Edward having these faults IF they were portrayed as being faults instead of "protectiveness" and supposedly "romantic" behavior. In the context of the books, though, he's never called out on anything--except for a bit of complaint from Bella, who still fluffs off his behavior as perfectly acceptable.

Because she loves him. When you love someone your willing to look past the faults. But anyway you have your opinion and I have mine. :3
weddingsaint
haunting heaven
weddingsaint

Because she loves him. When you love someone your willing to look past the faults. But anyway you have your opinion and I have mine. :3
This irritates me. Not you, just this saying, this excuse that people use when their significant other is controlling or hurting them or is abusive or just not good for them on any level. They use the excuse of 'I love him' for the question 'why do you stay?". It's mind boggling and irritating and I think everyone who says that needs to watch the movie What's Love Got to Do with it? My point is that love is not this magical thing that will make the bad in a person be justifiable or make you be able to tolerate their behavior. It's not. Love is blind but love shouldn't be controlling or abusive or have the chances of a murder somewhere down the line. Just because she loves him doesn't mean that he can do what he does.

Prodigal Mage

weddingsaint
haunting heaven
weddingsaint

I gotta go with Muffin on this one. Loving someone shouldn't mean looking past her/his faults when those faults harm you (or others) in some way, and it doesn't mean you excuse her/his behavior. Unconditional love is one of the most unhealthy and dangerous mindsets that our culture perpetuates. Look at it this way: What if Edward hit her? Or raped her? Would you still think Bella's inability to call him out on his crap and/or LEAVE him is just fine and dandy? Would you look past those faults? And if you wouldn't, why do you think it's okay to look past other abusive behavior?
weddingsaint
Thrun teh magical cat
weddingsaint
MuffinTheOrphan
weddingsaint
While I wouldn't stretch Edward's behavior to abusive, he is controlling and rude and over all a douche bag. If he was really overprotective of her he would've just denied being a vampire when she accused him of being one. No one would've believed her if she tried to tell anyone. He started everything that made people set out to hurt her. He could have put a end to it right then and there when she accused him of being a vampire. Since he isn't even recognize as a vampire she can't prove that he is to other people. His over protectiveness is unneeded.

With the Jacob part, that's bull crap. His excuse of being overprotective in that case was hypocritical because he is ignoring that he is even more dangerous to Bella than Jacob. He is trying to say that Jacob, a shape shifter who was born and bred to protect humans, was more dangerous than Edward, a vampire who was dating his singer. Bull crap. Edward any other man that feels that they need to step in between their girlfriend and someone who they're friends with who just so happens to like them needs to be hit in the balls with a titanium bat. That is douche bag behavior. Instead of TAKING THE ENGINE OUT OF THE CAR to keep her away from Jacob he should have talked it out with her.

"Hey babe, I'm not real cool with Jacob. He thinks he can take you away from me and you need to make it perfectly clear to him that you two are just friends and if he can't handle it then he needs to bounce."

That is under the assumption that Bella just wanted to be with Edward. Since she is an manipulative little t**t and wanted both Jacob and Edward that is not the case. All three of them should have sat down and talked it out. Seeing as that didn't happen they all continued to fight because Bella couldn't choose between them. It never really changed until Nessie was born.

Also, I never saw Edward letting Bella do what she wanted. It always seemed that Edward was doing what he assumed Bella would want without asking her first.

Well he did deny that he is a vampire when she confronted him its the fact that she had proof and he knows she does. And he knows that hes dangerous to Bella which is why he kept trying to get her to be scared of him but Bella knows he can control himself when it comes to her safety, but Jacob can't really control himself that well, all he has to do is get a little upset and then he'll shift and possibly hurt Bella. And Jacob isn't being nice to her because he just wants to be friends he LOVES her, besides Bella knows that Edward is uncomfortable with her relationship with Jacob but to her Jacob is just a friend (until the end of eclipse where she realized that she loves Jacob too) and I know that it doesn't seem very fair to Edward but no one said that Bella is perfect she can be very selfish and she knows it, but who isn't? Not many people can say that they haven't manipulated someone in some shape or form. Also I think Edward is the farthest thing from rude, but again hes not perfect and hey everyone gets jealous. Ugh I feel like I said 'knows' to much in this >-< sorry sweatdrop
Pushing her into a wall is not abusive?

He pushed her out of the way of Jasper he didn't mean to hurt her.
Dragging her away from her car against her will is not abusive?

6,300 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Heckler 50
weddingsaint
Thrun teh magical cat
weddingsaint
MuffinTheOrphan
weddingsaint
While I wouldn't stretch Edward's behavior to abusive, he is controlling and rude and over all a douche bag. If he was really overprotective of her he would've just denied being a vampire when she accused him of being one. No one would've believed her if she tried to tell anyone. He started everything that made people set out to hurt her. He could have put a end to it right then and there when she accused him of being a vampire. Since he isn't even recognize as a vampire she can't prove that he is to other people. His over protectiveness is unneeded.

With the Jacob part, that's bull crap. His excuse of being overprotective in that case was hypocritical because he is ignoring that he is even more dangerous to Bella than Jacob. He is trying to say that Jacob, a shape shifter who was born and bred to protect humans, was more dangerous than Edward, a vampire who was dating his singer. Bull crap. Edward any other man that feels that they need to step in between their girlfriend and someone who they're friends with who just so happens to like them needs to be hit in the balls with a titanium bat. That is douche bag behavior. Instead of TAKING THE ENGINE OUT OF THE CAR to keep her away from Jacob he should have talked it out with her.

"Hey babe, I'm not real cool with Jacob. He thinks he can take you away from me and you need to make it perfectly clear to him that you two are just friends and if he can't handle it then he needs to bounce."

That is under the assumption that Bella just wanted to be with Edward. Since she is an manipulative little t**t and wanted both Jacob and Edward that is not the case. All three of them should have sat down and talked it out. Seeing as that didn't happen they all continued to fight because Bella couldn't choose between them. It never really changed until Nessie was born.

Also, I never saw Edward letting Bella do what she wanted. It always seemed that Edward was doing what he assumed Bella would want without asking her first.

Well he did deny that he is a vampire when she confronted him its the fact that she had proof and he knows she does. And he knows that hes dangerous to Bella which is why he kept trying to get her to be scared of him but Bella knows he can control himself when it comes to her safety, but Jacob can't really control himself that well, all he has to do is get a little upset and then he'll shift and possibly hurt Bella. And Jacob isn't being nice to her because he just wants to be friends he LOVES her, besides Bella knows that Edward is uncomfortable with her relationship with Jacob but to her Jacob is just a friend (until the end of eclipse where she realized that she loves Jacob too) and I know that it doesn't seem very fair to Edward but no one said that Bella is perfect she can be very selfish and she knows it, but who isn't? Not many people can say that they haven't manipulated someone in some shape or form. Also I think Edward is the farthest thing from rude, but again hes not perfect and hey everyone gets jealous. Ugh I feel like I said 'knows' to much in this >-< sorry sweatdrop

Why couldn't he have pushed Jasper instead of Bella?

Friendly Perfectionist

personwholikescookiezX3
weddingsaint
Thrun teh magical cat
weddingsaint
MuffinTheOrphan
weddingsaint

Why couldn't he have pushed Jasper instead of Bella?

Well because he was standing next to Bella and didn't have time to get to Jasper.It all happened within a split second. I know it didn't seem like it in the movie but you have to remember that it is only a movie.Think of it this way, if a bull is charging at you and a friend, wouldn't you move your friend out of the way first and then go for the bull? If you had the strength to stop it that is.

Friendly Perfectionist

Thrun teh magical cat
weddingsaint
Thrun teh magical cat
weddingsaint
MuffinTheOrphan
weddingsaint

Dragging her away from her car against her will is not abusive?

Okay I know this has nothing to do with what you asked but your sig is very very funny xD
weddingsaint

Well because he was standing next to Bella and didn't have time to get to Jasper.It all happened within a split second. I know it didn't seem like it in the movie but you have to remember that it is only a movie.Think of it this way, if a bull is charging at you and a friend, wouldn't you move your friend out of the way first and then go for the bull? If you had the strength to stop it that is.
But that makes no sense at all. Edward is the fastest vampire in the whole series if I'm not mistaken. He met Jasper in the middle of the room anyway, why need to push Bella away first if he was just going to race to meet Jasper in the middle? He had five other people there to protect Bella if Jasper got past Edward. Why didn't NONE of them think to get her out of there instead of letting her sit in a pile of glass bleeding. Stupid people.

"-all happened in a split second." Didn't Edward say to Bella that seconds felt like years to him anyway?

That's a silly way of putting it, why go after the bull anyway? You both get out of the way, don't play hero. You're only human. Even if I had the strength to stop it doesn't mean that I still can't get hurt. It doesn't make sense to go after the bull when you too have to get to safety. The most sensible thing Edward could have done was get Bella out of there ASAP.

Friendly Perfectionist

MuffinTheOrphan
weddingsaint

But that makes no sense at all. Edward is the fastest vampire in the whole series if I'm not mistaken. He met Jasper in the middle of the room anyway, why need to push Bella away first if he was just going to race to meet Jasper in the middle? He had five other people there to protect Bella if Jasper got past Edward. Why didn't NONE of them think to get her out of there instead of letting her sit in a pile of glass bleeding. Stupid people.

"-all happened in a split second." Didn't Edward say to Bella that seconds felt like years to him anyway?

That's a silly way of putting it, why go after the bull anyway? You both get out of the way, don't play hero. You're only human. Even if I had the strength to stop it doesn't mean that I still can't get hurt. It doesn't make sense to go after the bull when you too have to get to safety. The most sensible thing Edward could have done was get Bella out of there ASAP.

Okay so bull wasn't the greatest analogy sweatdrop anyway seconds are still seconds, just cause Edward said what they feel like to him doesn't change what they are. Not to mention that none of them wanted to go near Bella when she was bleeding even Edward had to leave the room eventually cause the blood was getting to him, only Carlisle could handle it. I know there are many different ways that could have played out (better ways) but that's just the way it was written, if you could, what would you change to make it better, but still have the danger and a reason for Edward to think he has to leave Bella?
weddingsaint

Okay so bull wasn't the greatest analogy sweatdrop anyway seconds are still seconds, just cause Edward said what they feel like to him doesn't change what they are. Not to mention that none of them wanted to go near Bella when she was bleeding even Edward had to leave the room eventually cause the blood was getting to him, only Carlisle could handle it. I know there are many different ways that could have played out (better ways) but that's just the way it was written, if you could, what would you change to make it better, but still have the danger and a reason for Edward to think he has to leave Bella?
Carlisle got near Bella, Alice, Emmett, Esme, and Rosalie have no problem with being around Bella. They can be around people even if they bleed and Alice put her face in Bella's neck. Her blood isn't any more special to them than other people's blood so the most sensible thing I can come up with is that they all could handle it. It is irritating that Meyer exaggerated how much her blood was more special than anyone else's. It's completely stupid for Bella's blood to be the most sought after blood in the whole series. It just makes no sense and makes Bella look like a Mary Sue.

Seconds are seconds but he still got Jasper away. If anything, pushing Bella away first just wasted time.

Edward always knew he had to leave Bella. He made it known even in Twilight that he knew he was dangerous to her and should have stayed away. This particular incident just made it what broke the camels back. The way I see it, the whole thing was just a convenient plot piece so Bella could wangst and the whole thing with the Volturi could happen. Alice could have gotten a vision of Bella sitting on the floor bleeding, Edward could have gotten Bella out of the house instead of waiting that pregnant pause for Jasper to charge, Meyer could have not written it at all because paper cuts do not bleed. There was a point in my life where for a whole week I gave myself paper cuts in the webbing between my fingers. I didn't bleed not once. I can't suspend my belief far enough to believe that her cut from the wrapping paper was so deep-which they cannot be- that blood welled up and dropped off her finger. That is stupid and I can't believe it to actually happen. It's why I believe that everything that happened in New Moon didn't need to happen if just one thing changed. Of course, it needed to happen because Meyer needed it to happen. It already happened so I can't cry over split milk and all that.

All in all it was just stupid. Edward knew he should have left Bella alone long before her birthday, he should have taken the chance instead of using the incident as an excuse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff