• Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
weddingsaint
PandorasJackinthebox
weddingsaint
PandorasJackinthebox
weddingsaint
Okay, I just need to get this off my chest. Here goes, Twilight is not a vampire movie. Yes, contrary to what you have been lead to believe, it's not. What Twilight is, it is a love story about two people coming from two very different worlds that find that their love can over come these boundaries. Now it just happened to be vampires, it could have been witches, fairies, or leprechauns, but Stephenie Meyer wanted it to be vampires.And that whole "Only gay vampires sparkle" thing is another topic that I don't feel like tackling right now. So anyway I just want to get that off my chest.
You are free to disagree if you want to, but please don't be rude. That all smile
I will disagree with you in the most polite way possible...check this thread out and THEN tell me that it's a perfectly innocent love story.

I never said it was innocent, I just said its a love story.
I know its not perfect but I find it enjoyable. :3
As for the fact that the relationship is completely abusive, what are your thoughts?

I don't find it to be completely abusive.No matter how hard I try I just can't think of it that way. I guess that means there's something wrong with me then. >_<
I don't think there's anything WRONG with you. I just think you don't know what abuse looks like...either that, or you've never seen it. It's abusive not (just) for physical reasons, but because Edward is controlling, manipulative, obsessive, and a stalker. Read the book again sometime with those words in mind. You'll see it.

EDIT: If it seems like I'm overly-vigilant about abuse in Twilight, I'll tell you why: The "significant other" in a relationship I just ended was controlling, manipulative, and obsessive--in other words, I was in an abusive relationship, and this isn't the first time. She acted a lot like Edward does in some ways, with the "following me everywhere" and "being overly-controlling." I wish that people could recognize abuse when they see it, as I don't want ANYONE to go through some of the s**t I've been dragged in. So think outside of the rose-colored-glasses-wearing box and look at what literally happens in the books. I mean, honestly...a guy who sneaks into your room to watch you SLEEP???? Does ANYONE want that?

Friendly Perfectionist

PandorasJackinthebox
weddingsaint
PandorasJackinthebox
weddingsaint
PandorasJackinthebox
weddingsaint
Okay, I just need to get this off my chest. Here goes, Twilight is not a vampire movie. Yes, contrary to what you have been lead to believe, it's not. What Twilight is, it is a love story about two people coming from two very different worlds that find that their love can over come these boundaries. Now it just happened to be vampires, it could have been witches, fairies, or leprechauns, but Stephenie Meyer wanted it to be vampires.And that whole "Only gay vampires sparkle" thing is another topic that I don't feel like tackling right now. So anyway I just want to get that off my chest.
You are free to disagree if you want to, but please don't be rude. That all smile
I will disagree with you in the most polite way possible...check this thread out and THEN tell me that it's a perfectly innocent love story.

As for the fact that the relationship is completely abusive, what are your thoughts?

I don't find it to be completely abusive.No matter how hard I try I just can't think of it that way. I guess that means there's something wrong with me then. >_<
I don't think there's anything WRONG with you. I just think you don't know what abuse looks like...either that, or you've never seen it. It's abusive not (just) for physical reasons, but because Edward is controlling, manipulative, obsessive, and a stalker. Read the book again sometime with those words in mind. You'll see it.

Actually...I have seen abuse before. And I've had people tell me the things you've said and I've read it over with it in mind. But I just can't put it abuse. I mean Bella did almost the exact same thing. I've said this before, I don't think its a perfect, worry free, everyone-should-be-like-them relationship, but they do love each other you can't say they don't.
weddingsaint
PandorasJackinthebox
weddingsaint
PandorasJackinthebox
weddingsaint

Actually...I have seen abuse before. And I've had people tell me the things you've said and I've read it over with it in mind. But I just can't put it abuse. I mean Bella did almost the exact same thing. I've said this before, I don't think its a perfect, worry free, everyone-should-be-like-them relationship, but they do love each other you can't say they don't.
Actually, it can be said. I don't think they do. They don't sit down and talk about each other, bouncing their likes and dislikes off of each other.

By the end I was confused as to why they loved each other. It seemed to me like Bella was only enamored because Edward was hot like BURNING to her and had that whole mysterious bad boy thing going on while Edward only seemed interested because she was his singer and he couldn't read her mind (Which was never resolved btw). I feel that Edward was one big hypocrite because he said he liked Bella for not being like any of the other girls, but when he does this impossible Harry Potter legilmency esque power to see the cafeteria scene from Bella's POV, he doesn't have a negative reaction. Bella acted like every other girl who wanted to be with him because he was attractive.

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
weddingsaint
PandorasJackinthebox

You know, I've seen abuse too...and maybe that's why I'm so vigilant about it in Twilight. The reason I address Edward so harshly is that half the teenage female population wants to marry him or Jacob or something like that, and not nearly as many guys want to marry Bella. And because you see the story from Bella's point-of-view and not Edward's, it's more apparent to me that Edward is being controlling.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff