Do you agree with me?

Yes. 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 6 ]
On some level but I still don't like twilight >_> 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 1 ]
No. but I like twilight. 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 1 ]
No 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Friendly Perfectionist

Okay, I just need to get this off my chest. Here goes, Twilight is not a vampire movie. Yes, contrary to what you have been lead to believe, it's not. What Twilight is, it is a love story about two people coming from two very different worlds that find that their love can over come these boundaries. Now it just happened to be vampires, it could have been witches, fairies, or leprechauns, but Stephenie Meyer wanted it to be vampires.And that whole "Only gay vampires sparkle" thing is another topic that I don't feel like tackling right now. So anyway I just want to get that off my chest.
You are free to disagree if you want to, but please don't be rude. That all smile

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Even as a love story, it's pretty poorly written, the movies are a little better I hear, campy, but a little better written. I mean they actually even showed the fight with James, the book, we don't get that, not that that's what I decided to read the books for, but it doesn't matter.

Friendly Perfectionist

Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Even as a love story, it's pretty poorly written, the movies are a little better I hear, campy, but a little better written. I mean they actually even showed the fight with James, the book, we don't get that, not that that's what I decided to read the books for, but it doesn't matter.

I want to thank you for not being rude biggrin I have to agree with you about the fighting thing, I watch the movie before I read twilight and when I got to the part that James is killed I found it to be a little anti-climatic, I wanted to read how they killed Him like I saw in the movie but it didn't happen that way xD but I don't find it to be poorly written, I guess its just a matter of opinion. :3

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
weddingsaint
Doctor Murdoc Niccals

I want to thank you for not being rude biggrin I have to agree with you about the fighting thing, I watch the movie before I read twilight and when I got to the part that James is killed I found it to be a little anti-climatic, I wanted to read how they killed Him like I saw in the movie but it didn't happen that way xD but I don't find it to be poorly written, I guess its just a matter of opinion. :3

I try not to be rude. Doesn't always come out that way, but yeah. That part was definitely anti-climatic, I'm almost finished with Twilight. The reason I think it's poorly written is that there really wasn't a lot going on throughout the book other than everyday things, most of the romance I've read had a little bit more going on than that, even in the romances set in the modern day, they have some kind of conflict going on, and also for the little stupid things Bella puts in like when James kicks at Bella's broken leg and she screams in pain, but is shocked to realize she screamed. I mean, really Meyer? Are we to believe that we are so stupidly unobservant that we don't know we're the ones screaming in pain? After all, Meyer purposely wrote the description of Bella to be vague so that we might slip into her shoes.

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I am so happy for this post weddingsaint you are quite right it is a love story. And as for the diamon skinskin thing , I feal people through the word Gay around to much. This is a good post. smile smile blaugh biggrin

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Personally, I think anything would have been better than vampires that burn to ashes in the sunlight. Anything. They could have ******** turned into sponges in the sunlight, and I would have preferred that over the morbid idea of a species that can be KILLED by something as inevitable as sunlight.

Devoted Friend

I kinda wanted to know about Bella and Edward's FRIENDSHIP, to be honest. sweatdrop
How they interact with the daily events of life. What really led them into that kind of relationship and why their love is honestly so strong. I never got that and akin to Romeo and Juliet, I always felt as if they clung to each other out of desperation instead of true love. Edward for the fact that she was living, breathing, warm, and he couldn't actually read her mind. Not to mention she smelled yummy. Bella on the other hand saw firsthand what happened to couples who marry young: her own parents. They ended badly, Renee left with Bella and Bella always forced in that idea that she read classics, she was intelligent, etc etc. Her mother wasn't really responsible enough and Bella ended up picking up the slack in that department. So I never really got that. In a sad way, I imagined she clung to Edward out of fear of growing old and dying. So many mentions to how beautiful the Cullens and Edward were and Bella? She was plain. Clumsy. Obvious self esteem issues with herself and her human life.

Friendly Perfectionist

chrysanths
I kinda wanted to know about Bella and Edward's FRIENDSHIP, to be honest. sweatdrop
How they interact with the daily events of life. What really led them into that kind of relationship and why their love is honestly so strong. I never got that and akin to Romeo and Juliet, I always felt as if they clung to each other out of desperation instead of true love. Edward for the fact that she was living, breathing, warm, and he couldn't actually read her mind. Not to mention she smelled yummy. Bella on the other hand saw firsthand what happened to couples who marry young: her own parents. They ended badly, Renee left with Bella and Bella always forced in that idea that she read classics, she was intelligent, etc etc. Her mother wasn't really responsible enough and Bella ended up picking up the slack in that department. So I never really got that. In a sad way, I imagined she clung to Edward out of fear of growing old and dying. So many mentions to how beautiful the Cullens and Edward were and Bella? She was plain. Clumsy. Obvious self esteem issues with herself and her human life.
Ok I don't have all the answer xD but heres my take on it:
Bella and Edward never really had a "FRIENDSHIP" until they started dating, that's when they really started getting to know each other. And yeah Edward was interested in Bella because he couldn't read her thoughts and of course Bella was attracted to Edward's physical appearance, who wouldn't be? And yes they need each other, I'm not saying its a healthy relationship, frankly Jacob is a lot better for her, but again Bella NEEDS Edward. Yes, I know she's a crazy pants but love makes you do crazy things. Now the weird thing is Bella never really fit in with her normal human life and she new that, and the fear of growing old and dying only came AFTER she met Edward. And plain is how she thinks of herself when in fact shes actually very pretty not beautiful but a little above average. Also I don't really know what to tell you on her parents >.< their relationship is strange to me too, but I guess they just weren't meant to be together. neutral
I hope that answered your questions :3

Friendly Perfectionist

chrysanths

Cute outfit btw xD

Devoted Friend

weddingsaint
chrysanths
Bella and Edward never really had a "FRIENDSHIP" until they started dating, that's when they really started getting to know each other. And yeah Edward was interested in Bella because he couldn't read her thoughts and of course Bella was attracted to Edward's physical appearance, who wouldn't be? And yes they need each other, I'm not saying its a healthy relationship, frankly Jacob is a lot better for her, but again Bella NEEDS Edward. Yes, I know she's a crazy pants but love makes you do crazy things. Now the weird thing is Bella never really fit in with her normal human life and she new that, and the fear of growing old and dying only came AFTER she met Edward. And plain is how she thinks of herself when in fact shes actually very pretty not beautiful but a little above average. Also I don't really know what to tell you on her parents >.< their relationship is strange to me too, but I guess they just weren't meant to be together. neutral

Yes. That actually helped. Thank you so much. surprised

Friendly Perfectionist

chrysanths
weddingsaint
chrysanths

Yes. That actually helped. Thank you so much. surprised
Your welcome biggrin

Devoted Friend

weddingsaint
chrysanths

Cute outfit btw xD

Thank you. User Image

Friendly Perfectionist

Doctor Murdoc Niccals
weddingsaint
Doctor Murdoc Niccals

I try not to be rude. Doesn't always come out that way, but yeah. That part was definitely anti-climatic, I'm almost finished with Twilight. The reason I think it's poorly written is that there really wasn't a lot going on throughout the book other than everyday things, most of the romance I've read had a little bit more going on than that, even in the romances set in the modern day, they have some kind of conflict going on, and also for the little stupid things Bella puts in like when James kicks at Bella's broken leg and she screams in pain, but is shocked to realize she screamed. I mean, really Meyer? Are we to believe that we are so stupidly unobservant that we don't know we're the ones screaming in pain? After all, Meyer purposely wrote the description of Bella to be vague so that we might slip into her shoes.

Hmmm...well you have to remember Bella was kinda out of it when James broke her leg, like an out of body experience, her conscious mind didn't register the pain yet. And don't worry there will be a love triangle in the next book :3 but this is Bella and Edward's relationship when its just starting out we can't just throw a love rival in right off the bat now can we?

Mystical Tamer

♫If you be my star, I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
When I turn jet black and you show off your light
I live to let you shine♪

Well, technically speaking, it is a love story that includes vampires. I find your point about people coming from two different worlds insightful. It's still a terrible story, in my opinion. Bella and Edward's relationship seems more like lust to me rather than actual love. Bella likes Edward for his looks, and he likes her because she smells good. I also never really liked the characters. Bella feels like she needs to treat everyone around her like dirt. Other than that, she is a shallow and nearly emotionless character who never really had an impact on me. Edward just seems creepy. Jacob just seems like he's there to create a love triangle. As for the plot, there was hardly any. The writing was terribly boring.
I don't know if you have read Breaking Dawn yet, but I will say it's very anticlimactic. It was a total failure, and I think that book was what really made me dislike the series.

♪But you can skyrocket away from me
And never come back if you find another galaxy
Far from here with more room to fly
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by...♫

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Lenasai
♫If you be my star, I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
When I turn jet black and you show off your light
I live to let you shine♪

Well, technically speaking, it is a love story that includes vampires. I find your point about people coming from two different worlds insightful. It's still a terrible story, in my opinion. Bella and Edward's relationship seems more like lust to me rather than actual love. Bella likes Edward for his looks, and he likes her because she smells good. I also never really liked the characters. Bella feels like she needs to treat everyone around her like dirt. Other than that, she is a shallow and nearly emotionless character who never really had an impact on me. Edward just seems creepy. Jacob just seems like he's there to create a love triangle. As for the plot, there was hardly any. The writing was terribly boring.
I don't know if you have read Breaking Dawn yet, but I will say it's very anticlimactic. It was a total failure, and I think that book was what really made me dislike the series.

♪But you can skyrocket away from me
And never come back if you find another galaxy
Far from here with more room to fly
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by...♫

... This.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items