• Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
Shader-san
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Cholix-chan
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Cholix-chan
Are you slow or are you that stupid?

Um, not slow at all acutally, stupid sometimes yes. We all are once in a while, I mean you just displayed that very nicely for all of us.
I mean, you can't even answer a simple question.
What was the questi... It seem that I stop caring...

Where are you clot-...oh, looks like your poor.

That would be "you're".

Thanks Love, because I totally and completely need someone to correct my grammar!
Go kick rocks.
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Shader-san
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Cholix-chan
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Cholix-chan

Um, not slow at all acutally, stupid sometimes yes. We all are once in a while, I mean you just displayed that very nicely for all of us.

That would be "you're".

Thanks Love, because I totally and completely need someone to correct my grammar!
Go kick rocks.
I really don't understand your need to attack people, and in the most immature ways. Really? "looks like you're poor."? This is just a silly site made up of fake money and pixels. "You look poor." is not a good insult, at all. Sure, no one likes to get trolled, but you shouldn't jump down the throats of people who are merely talking to you.
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Shader-san
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Cholix-chan
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Cholix-chan

That would be "you're".

Go kick rocks.

It seemed so important to you before.

After all, you act like a child, I figured you were one and simply didn't know certain things...

6,300 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Heckler 50
Please do not feed the troll.
personwholikescookiezX3
Please do not feed the troll.
It's kind of late for that... Beside, she's simply asking for it because she did the same thread few months ago.

7,950 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Edward 100
I agree.
There was a girl in my economics class, and while she was talking to a friend of hers she says, "I read all of the Twilight books, and they were utter crap."
So I say to myself, "Why did you read them all then if you hated them so much?". Because I know that if I did not the first book in a series (or a book a fourth of the way through), then I don't finish reading it/the series.... and I definitely don't watch the movie/s.

7,950 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Edward 100
It's one thing to go around expressing your hate for something, but more often than not, people post something here on the forums, or talk about it to friends in a public place, and people read it/overhear it, and do not give viable, educated, or good examples of why they hate/what makes it so awful. They have to attack the person JUST because they like Twilight.
It's not necessary.
Not of us that like Twilight jumped on the popularity bandwagon, and/or go ape crazy about every little thing about Twilight.
Do not judge the series/post/person based off of the (to use anime terms) 'weebos'.
That is all

Prodigal Mage

Kasura_Iome
I agree.
There was a girl in my economics class, and while she was talking to a friend of hers she says, "I read all of the Twilight books, and they were utter crap."
So I say to myself, "Why did you read them all then if you hated them so much?". Because I know that if I did not the first book in a series (or a book a fourth of the way through), then I don't finish reading it/the series.... and I definitely don't watch the movie/s.

This is just me personally, but I actually really like to read novels that I find horrendously crappy. Part of this is because I'm a writer, and nitpicking other writers helps me avoid their mistakes, but a lot of it is also that I get some weird pleasure from reading things I know will piss me off so I can then go and write up an essay or article on why it sucks. xD

As for your second post, I do think there is a problem with some Twilight haters attacking fans on the basis of them being fans, and that's very unfortunate. However, a lot of the haters do have viable reasons for disliking the series, and they're just as entitled to their opinions as you are and have just as much right to not be judged on the basis of those opinions.

7,950 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Edward 100
haunting heaven
Kasura_Iome
I agree.

This is just me personally, but I actually really like to read novels that I find horrendously crappy. Part of this is because I'm a writer, and nitpicking other writers helps me avoid their mistakes, but a lot of it is also that I get some weird pleasure from reading things I know will piss me off so I can then go and write up an essay or article on why it sucks. xD

As for your second post, I do think there is a problem with some Twilight haters attacking fans on the basis of them being fans, and that's very unfortunate. However, a lot of the haters do have viable reasons for disliking the series, and they're just as entitled to their opinions as you are and have just as much right to not be judged on the basis of those opinions.

But if you read my post right, I am saying that the majority of the time (at least for me) the people making said comments and having such 'opinions' are NOT informed, and just jump on the hater bandwagon because so many other people are doing it.

Prodigal Mage

Kasura_Iome
But if you read my post right, I am saying that the majority of the time (at least for me) the people making said comments and having such 'opinions' are NOT informed, and just jump on the hater bandwagon because so many other people are doing it.

Well, for you that might be true. But your post implied that it was true in general, and I don't think you can make that kind of judgment. It would be like the haters here claiming that most of the fans are practically illiterate because most of the fans who post here don't really give a crap about grammar in their posts. You're offended by the haters who judge the majority of the fans on the actions of the few, but then you're turning around and doing the same thing. Or at least you were. Just be careful with the words you choose. Your personal experience is not universal.

7,950 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Edward 100
haunting heaven
Kasura_Iome

Well, for you that might be true. But your post implied that it was true in general, and I don't think you can make that kind of judgment. It would be like the haters here claiming that most of the fans are practically illiterate because most of the fans who post here don't really give a crap about grammar in their posts. You're offended by the haters who judge the majority of the fans on the actions of the few, but then you're turning around and doing the same thing. Or at least you were. Just be careful with the words you choose. Your personal experience is not universal.

When dealing with large quantities of people, I think I can accurately say that it is universal.
I RARELY meet people in person or online that give me viable reasons for their hatred.
And, personally, I think that is a complete waste of time to go on forums that are obviously intended for fans of a certain subject to be posting and discussing said topic when you do not share those opinions..
I don't go on Dragon Ball Z forums and just ram into all of the fans about how awful I think that series is. I leave them alone, and allow them to continue their fandom in peace.
This is not religion, no one should be tearing anything down and forcing them to see it your way.
I am simply asking that they leave us alone instead of get into our faces/posts just to hate, informed or not.
Kasura_Iome
haunting heaven
Kasura_Iome

When dealing with large quantities of people, I think I can accurately say that it is universal.
I RARELY meet people in person or online that give me viable reasons for their hatred.
And, personally, I think that is a complete waste of time to go on forums that are obviously intended for fans of a certain subject to be posting and discussing said topic when you do not share those opinions..
I don't go on Dragon Ball Z forums and just ram into all of the fans about how awful I think that series is. I leave them alone, and allow them to continue their fandom in peace.
This is not religion, no one should be tearing anything down and forcing them to see it your way.
I am simply asking that they leave us alone instead of get into our faces/posts just to hate, informed or not.
Are you a hypocrite or you haven't read the rules of this forum?

Prodigal Mage

Kasura_Iome

...I don't think "universal" means what you think it means. Particularly since you just went on to say that you rarely meet people who give viable reason for their hatred. YOU are not everyone, thus YOUR opinion is not universal. And I really can't believe that you're continuing to defend your blatant prejudice when you were just complaining about haters being prejudiced. :/

Personally, I think that since forums such as this one are made for people with differing opinions, that it's perfectly alright for people to criticize Twilight here. Where else are they supposed to criticize it? In their own private corner on the internet? If that's true, then why don't we just go ahead and say that EVERYONE should post their opinions privately so no one gets offended. To hell with free speech, right?

No one is forcing anyone to see anything their way. Or at least not usually (I have issues with some of the other haters here). Explaining why I don't like the series in no way infringes on your right to disagree and enjoy it. If you don't like the hater threads, take your own advice and don't read them. Or find a site that doesn't allow haters as members. I think the Twilight Lexicon forums are pretty good about that.
haunting heaven
Kasura_Iome

...I don't think "universal" means what you think it means. Particularly since you just went on to say that you rarely meet people who give viable reason for their hatred. YOU are not everyone, thus YOUR opinion is not universal. And I really can't believe that you're continuing to defend your blatant prejudice when you were just complaining about haters being prejudiced. :/

Personally, I think that since forums such as this one are made for people with differing opinions, that it's perfectly alright for people to criticize Twilight here. Where else are they supposed to criticize it? In their own private corner on the internet? If that's true, then why don't we just go ahead and say that EVERYONE should post their opinions privately so no one gets offended. To hell with free speech, right?

No one is forcing anyone to see anything their way. Or at least not usually (I have issues with some of the other haters here). Explaining why I don't like the series in no way infringes on your right to disagree and enjoy it. If you don't like the hater threads, take your own advice and don't read them. Or find a site that doesn't allow haters as members. I think the Twilight Lexicon forums are pretty good about that.
Twilight Lexicon site is bias. I wrote something about hating Bella and you need an approval before your post is posted on that forum.

Prodigal Mage

Cholix-chan
Twilight Lexicon site is bias. I wrote something about hating Bella and you need an approval before your post is posted on that forum.

Uh. Yeah. That was kind of the reason I suggested she go there. It's biased in favor of the fans, so fans have a place where they don't feel like they need to defend their enjoyment of the books. And I have no problem with that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff