9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Kiba Shinzu
Their Satanic Prince
The Mangled Masterpiece
Their Satanic Prince
The Mangled Masterpiece

Your Worthless Douchebag Radar is more up-to-date than mine. I just don't EXPECT such pathetic behavior.

It's as easy as turning the other way. Give it a try.

And not arguing with people when I know they're wrong and I'm right. I like how only the antis are allowed to get butthurt, but I'm suppose to stay quiet when someone insults my taste simply because they disagree with it. Oh, the hypocrisy. The unwillingness to reap what you sow without complaint. It's hilarious.

Where have you been? cry lol tho. This is one of my fav places to lurk for that very reason. I can't imagine any of these people having friends irl. Nobody wants to be around someone who complains about books and have the nerve to do so with authority.

@said losers: idc.

You remind of this girl I once knew in my choir class in high school. She simply adored the Twilight series, even had a binder completely dedicated to Edward Cullen. She drew pictures and everything. I actually thought she was pretty nice, up until she approached me about the books.
She had outright asked me which book was my favorite. I told her I hadn't really read the entire series, and that I didn't care for what I had read. She started this argument about how I 'just didn't get it' and that 'I can't hate something I hadn't read'. I kept trying to tell her that I just didn't like it, but she kept assuming that I was bashing the series. I just told her what I liked and didn't like from the only book I had read. She ended the whole thing with something similar to what you pointed out.
"It's a wonder you have any friends."

She was ostracized by the entire choir that semester. Two reasons.
1. She drove many of the choir gals insane with the incessant Twilight banter.
2. (as told to me by the one of the choir section leaders, whom I've known a long while) She insulted a longtime choir member known for her dedication to music and overall friendly nature to the other girls.
She broke down crying near the end of the semester, because one of the girls got fed up and yelled her down after practice. She realized that nobody really wanted to talk to her anymore, and transferred out the next semester.

I made friends with her in senior year. Bonded over a bad Biology teacher and religion talks. She's still a fan of twilight, and we still talk about it here and there. The difference is that she's come to accept why I dislike it, and finds it interesting to talk about. ( That, and we both enjoy horrifically campy movies)

TL;DR?
My point:
Just because I don't like something you do does not mean that you are better than me, or that people do not like me. It's our differences that make us unique, and keep friendships going.

I love campy movies too, it's one of the reasons I watch old Hammer films, you made wonderful points in your point I loved too.
Alexander J Luthor
Their Satanic Prince
Where have you been? cry lol tho. This is one of my fav places to lurk for that very reason. I can't imagine any of these people having friends irl. Nobody wants to be around someone who complains about books and have the nerve to do so with authority.

I find this post hilarious mainly because most of my friends do actually enjoy Twilight to some extent, but they also know a t**t when they see one, like Bella Swan and oh, so many of the crazier fangirls who think she's so speshul. Unlike some of the Herp-a-lerps I've seen here they can recognize terrible messages and not declare a book "awesome" just because it sold a ton of copies.

One of them had a great point when she said that she loved the book because everyone deserves a love story, even terrible people, if only so they can torment each other for eternity.

Also, I can't imagine why your parents would ever want to keep around someone so pretentious when there are more pleasant babies in China looking for good homes.
Isn't your girlfriend a fan of Twilight?

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Alexander J Luthor
Their Satanic Prince

I find this post hilarious mainly because most of my friends do actually enjoy Twilight to some extent, but they also know a t**t when they see one, like Bella Swan and oh, so many of the crazier fangirls who think she's so speshul. Unlike some of the Herp-a-lerps I've seen here they can recognize terrible messages and not declare a book "awesome" just because it sold a ton of copies.

One of them had a great point when she said that she loved the book because everyone deserves a love story, even terrible people, if only so they can torment each other for eternity.

Also, I can't imagine why your parents would ever want to keep around someone so pretentious when there are more pleasant babies in China looking for good homes.

User Image
Is epic.
User Image

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Cholix-chan
Alexander J Luthor
Their Satanic Prince

Isn't your girlfriend a fan of Twilight?
Ahhh, yup! We agreed not to talk about it because she seemed really interested and hadn't read the last book yet, but eventually we just started chit-chatting. She's appalled by what I've told her about the series and its author, but she still wants to finish the series, which she'll be able to do when I get off my lazy butt and bring my book collection into our house. DX

I think she wants to read the part where Edward is pretty much giving Bella's body to Jacob in exchange for his help in the abortion attempt. emotion_0A0
Alexander J Luthor

User Image
I need to save that one.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Unofficial Leah C
Alexander J Luthor

User Image
I need to save that one.
*just realized Murdock put this in his siggie when Leah quoted* emotion_kirakira

I was just speaking from the heart.

Prodigal Mage

MuffinTheOrphan
Number of people who don't understand the meaning of the word 'discussion', don't want to discuss anything, one of them think they're always right even though she herself said she had a hard time with saying she was wrong, and both think they're the badasses of the forum because they assumed that antis do nothing else but 'complain about Twilight': 2

This is also funny, because she was the one who went off on several tangents about how all opinions were equal. If all opinions are equal, how on earth can she say, "I know they're wrong and I'm right"? Talk about hypocrisy.

Their Satanic Prince
This is one of my fav places to lurk for that very reason. I can't imagine any of these people having friends irl. Nobody wants to be around someone who complains about books and have the nerve to do so with authority.

So, only positive opinions are worth bonding over? No one has ever become friends because they shared a negative opinion about something? Has it occurred to you that even if we truly complained about books all the time and therefore scared away anyone who can't handle criticism, there are plenty of other people out there who also enjoy complaining about books? Are you aware that your personal opinions are not universal? Do you think that professional critics (who complain about books with authority because it's their job) are all friendless losers? Seriously. I'm curious. How do things work in this world of yours? It sounds very boring.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
haunting heaven
MuffinTheOrphan
Number of people who don't understand the meaning of the word 'discussion', don't want to discuss anything, one of them think they're always right even though she herself said she had a hard time with saying she was wrong, and both think they're the badasses of the forum because they assumed that antis do nothing else but 'complain about Twilight': 2

This is also funny, because she was the one who went off on several tangents about how all opinions were equal. If all opinions are equal, how on earth can she say, "I know they're wrong and I'm right"? Talk about hypocrisy.

Their Satanic Prince
This is one of my fav places to lurk for that very reason. I can't imagine any of these people having friends irl. Nobody wants to be around someone who complains about books and have the nerve to do so with authority.

So, only positive opinions are worth bonding over? No one has ever become friends because they shared a negative opinion about something? Has it occurred to you that even if we truly complained about books all the time and therefore scared away anyone who can't handle criticism, there are plenty of other people out there who also enjoy complaining about books? Are you aware that your personal opinions are not universal? Do you think that professional critics (who complain about books with authority because it's their job) are all friendless losers? Seriously. I'm curious. How do things work in this world of yours? It sounds very boring.

This.
haunting heaven
So, only positive opinions are worth bonding over? No one has ever become friends because they shared a negative opinion about something?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Demonic Kitten

Unofficial Leah C
Alexander J Luthor

User Image
I need to save that one.

That cat is epic
Unofficial Leah C
haunting heaven
So, only positive opinions are worth bonding over? No one has ever become friends because they shared a negative opinion about something?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Let's be friends base on matual hate.

Unsealed Dabbler

Their Satanic Prince

I review books, nitpicking and pointing out faults with authority is a big part of what I do, my friends find this hilarious and we often joke about how bad some of the books I'm sent are. What I don't understand is people who vomit praise for a book or series of books, but bash those who didn't enjoy it. Mind you, I'm one reviewer on the internet, if someone doesn't agree with me then that's fine and there are probably several dozens of other reviewers who also disagree, but their disagreement does not make me wrong any more than my opinion would make them wrong.
I find it hilarious that this long conversation was on hating and I found it identical to personal experiences I had with fans. I was joking around with a friend on Gaia and a fan took my comment too literally, deciding to scold me because "Writers can write whatever they like"

I told her that the moment she decided to publish it she was past that stage. To be respected as a writer, you need to make a consistent plot that follows the rules within that universe. Meyer doesn't do that, she says one thing and then does the opposite (half breeds being possible when it takes blood flow for a man to have an erection, and according to canon vampires don't have blood flow) Breaking Dawn especially REEKS of cop outs to give Bella the fairytale life Meyer wants (including a daughter, which Meyer didn't get and if I recall having more than two children is against her faith).

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Unofficial Leah C
Alexander J Luthor

User Image
I need to save that one.

caligulasAquarium

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! I've been looking for a gif of that cat EVERYWHERE. emotion_kirakira He was one of the best parts of that movie....

And, more on topic, I don't think it's fair (but I do think it's hypocritical) for people to say that "there's no point to b***h about something you hate!" when they are, in fact, bitching about something THEY hate, OTHER people bitching about something they hate. (ESPECIALLY after they go on a tangent about how "all opinions are equal". I suppose you meant all the opinions that agree with yours, right?)

Stop that. It's getting very silly.

Besides, just because I don't like something (I feel a sense of deja vu coming on....), it doesn't mean I don't like to talk about it. Nor does it mean I don't get anything out of it. I'm sharpening my logic, debate skills, critical thinking, and reasoning. It's very healthy for my brain.

And you're telling me I should stop doing something that's healthy for my brain? Tsk tsk.
            User Image
What sadden me, that the fans in this thread took what Antis's opinions seriously and offensively... especially on the internet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff