• Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Lieriel Moon-Shade

I fear for the human race.
R u stuuuupid
I iz not sparkly
Ur argument is invalid
Lieriel Moon-Shade
And YES I can compare books to pop songs because they are called PULP novels. Novels that only get popular purely for content/love story/writer/etc. which is what the definition of a pop song should be.

I hate how pulp fiction is dragged through the mud like this. Or to be more accurate, how a particular genre of fiction has had its label peeled off and stuck onto garbage.

To put it into perspective, H.P. Lovecraft wrote pulp fiction. Would you compare his work to Meyer's? And I mean in terms of quality, not genre.

Twilight isn't pulp. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos, Robert E. Howard's Conan and Solomon Kane, Dashiell Hammett's The Maltese Falcon; that's pulp fiction. Twilight is something else: trash. Gilded literary trash. 3nodding

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Okay, I'm going to attempt to knock you off your high horse for this one, in a quote by quote analysis.

-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
I don't think you are. Why?

Because you want to discredit our opinion by making us look like strawmen. But that's fine, bish, I got somethin' for you. too.

-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Because, you people spend SO much time talking about Twilight, reading about Twilight, and watching the movies. If you guys REALLY hated Twilight as much as you scream you do, wouldn't you stay AWAY from all things Twilight? I mean, when you read things about Twilight, when you watch the movies, and when you buy the various guides and extra stuff all your doing is SUPPORTING TWILIGHT!

The reason why I read the books and watched the movies was so I could make my own, informed decision about them. I'd heard things both good and bad about the series, so I decided on a whim to read them for kicks. I disliked them pure and simple, because in my opinion Twilight is just not a good series, so I wanted to discuss it so I could share that opinion with others, and maybe talk about stuff I actually like about the books too. Don't confuse discussion for support.

-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
I mean I LOVE Twilight, but I don't even spend THAT much time and money with all things Twilight.

I didn't spend more than $19 max on one book, Twilight. I borrowed the rest of the books so I could read them all because I have an obsession with completely reading the books in a series, and the two movies I'd seen (Twilight and Eclipse) were provided courtesy of other people, such as a bootlegged copy of Eclipse a friend loaned me. Also, I don't really spend all that much time discussing Twilight. I come to the forums to discuss it when I feel like doing so, because it's something I have a right to talk about when I decide I want to.

-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Indie music is the ONLY thing I would go that far for; because I love it.
And you guys go THAT far for all things Twilight; because you love it?

Like I said before, don't confuse discussion for support or love.

-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
For example, I hate Harry Potter, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Country Music, and cheese.

Them's fightin' words, little miss. Nobody but nobody ain't gonna talk trash about Harry Potter, Taylor Swift, country music, and cheese while I'm sheriff in this little ol' one horse town.

-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
I would never listen something Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift related, I would NEVER watch a Harry Potter movie or try to read one of the books again. I would rather die than listen to country music. and I will never eat something that is strictly cheese.

THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS, I SAY. That's it! Showdown in the main street, at sunset, yah dirty cow-tippin' cur. Be thar, or be square.

-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Because not only do I hate those things, but buying a Lady Gaga song, buying Taylor Swifts perfume, watching Harry Potters movies, listening to a country music station and eating macaroni and cheese is only supporting them.

Hence the reason why people who like those things generally tend to buy them.

-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
So, my question is, why would you ever invest so much time into something that you hate so much? Wouldn't that only make your life miserable? Then again, that explains why you people always seem so upset.

We're upset and miserable because ignoramuses like you come around and insinuate our discussion means we support Twilight, with logic in hand that would make Batman blush in shame at how far one must leap to make the otherwise nonexistent connections. The reason why we invest "so much time", as you put it, is because it's a subject we've decided we want to talk about, and not just to rag on the books.

Ergen Spurgs's Waifu

-.-
How is twilight any better then Harry Potter?

Is it because Harry Potter doesn't have any stalkers and mary sues like twilight? Or not as much "Hot" people are in Harry Potter then twilight. Please, give a VALID REASON WHY! Don't say that WIZARDS AND WITCHES DON"T EXIST. Vampires and werewolves don't exist either.

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-

*sigh*
Your examples are invalid do to the simple fact that Twilight and Egypt are on completely different levels of importance. Your opinion on Twilight is not an important issue, so you don't have to go around preaching how bad it is and how much you hate it.
If your going around talking about Twilight all day, then you look like an annoying twit; regardless of you opinion.

Exactly.

I don't know why they feel their opinions are so important that they actually affect Twilight's reputation. Because the fact remains: SMART people aren't going to make judgments about the books/movies until they read/watch them. They're not going to formulate an opinion based on what one group of people said. Then, they'll either like it or hate it, and it'll have NOTHING to do with what others have said about it; it will have to do with their personal taste.

Everyone I know either likes or dislikes Twilight because THEY like or dislike it; not because of its "reputation." In fact, DEPENDING ON WHO YOU ASK, Twilight may have a good reputation, a bad reputation, or no reputation at all. I know people who have no idea what Twilight is or about. "Edward who?"

You can shove something down a person's throat; it won't make them agree with the taste.

Anyway, I love watching the Antis get butthurt when I DARE to do the EXACT same thing they do; bash on their opinions. Now watch them come and prove me right like they always do.
The Mangled Masterpiece
Exactly.
Bringing back a thread to wangst over a matter the OP dropped isn't cool. Did you even read the thread?

Quote:
I don't know why they feel their opinions are so important that they actually affect Twilight's reputation.
Do you know how immature this sounds? This sentence is literally saying "People who didn't like Twilight ruined it's reputation! They're horrible people!" Grow up! Damn. rolleyes Looking at the figures that the books and movies pulled in and will pull in (with the last movie yet to be released) it is OBVIOUS that Twilight's reputation is not ruined. People still like Twilight, people still think it's good. Don't pout and have a fit like a child just because people didn't like the series. I can't even say more about this one. I can't even. It was that stupid.

Quote:
Because the fact remains: SMART people aren't going to make judgments about the books/movies until they read/watch them. They're not going to formulate an opinion based on what one group of people said. Then, they'll either like it or hate it, and it'll have NOTHING to do with what others have said about it; it will have to do with their personal taste.
Keep up with the times, it's not 2009 anymore, it's 2012. People HAVE read/watched the series, especially those who come here. Two quotes in and this is just overly ridiculous. I STILL can't even. You're just ridiculous. Oh my goodness.

Facepalm.jpg.

I don't even feel like explaining to you that the people who regularly frequent here have read at least the first book and watched at least the first movie. You saying this was very ridiculous and very irrelevant.

Oh, and you contradicted yourself. Congrats.

Quote:
Everyone I know either likes or dislikes Twilight because THEY like or dislike it; not because of its "reputation." In fact, DEPENDING ON WHO YOU ASK, Twilight may have a good reputation, a bad reputation, or no reputation at all. I know people who have no idea what Twilight is or about. "Edward who?"
This corresponds with what I said up there.

Quote:
You can shove something down a person's throat; it won't make them agree with the taste.
Irrelevant.

Quote:
Anyway, I love watching the Antis get butthurt when I DARE to do the EXACT same thing they do; bash on their opinions. Now watch them come and prove me right like they always do.
You don't understand how a discussion or debate works, you don't want to participate in one and constantly hate people and insult them because they don't like Twilight and dare to come here to say so.

Your ridiculousness has reached a new level that I didn't even know was possible.

In the end, I shall quote TF2; "GET ON POINT STUPID!"

This is the second time you made a completely irrelevant post.
The Mangled Masterpiece

Exactly.

I don't know why they feel their opinions are so important that they actually affect Twilight's reputation. Because the fact remains: SMART people aren't going to make judgments about the books/movies until they read/watch them. They're not going to formulate an opinion based on what one group of people said. Then, they'll either like it or hate it, and it'll have NOTHING to do with what others have said about it; it will have to do with their personal taste.

You're the one who is butthurt because you have to revived a thread that was destroy because you can't accept the antis opinions.

Sparkly Genius

19,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
I hate the 'You're all just fans who can't admit it!' argument. Seriously, is there a handbook that you guys use or something?

And now I'm commenting in a dead thread too...

Muscular Counselor

11,200 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kisume Yue
I hate the 'You're all just fans who can't admit it!' argument. Seriously, is there a handbook that you guys use or something?

And now I'm commenting in a dead thread too...

AMEN! I also hate that "You're just jealous" argument that they like to throw out there.

Hehe Commented in a dead thread too. What has gotten into us.

xd

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
The Mangled Masterpiece
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-

*sigh*
Your examples are invalid do to the simple fact that Twilight and Egypt are on completely different levels of importance. Your opinion on Twilight is not an important issue, so you don't have to go around preaching how bad it is and how much you hate it.
If your going around talking about Twilight all day, then you look like an annoying twit; regardless of you opinion.

Quote:

Actually, we do effect its reputation by exposing it as the horribly written story it is. Anti-Twilight blogs, videos, and webpages have had millions of views, and I'm sure people have changed their opinions once they saw valid opinions on the series, and the facts that support their opinions. I'm sure this forum changed people's opinions about Twilight as well. It changed mine.

And it's not even a question about reputation. It's not like the book is some school kid who got damaged by rumors. We're not talking about it just to take it down.

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Belethiel
The Mangled Masterpiece
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-

*sigh*

Exactly.

Actually, we do effect its reputation by exposing it as the horribly written story it is. Anti-Twilight blogs, videos, and webpages have had millions of views, and I'm sure people have changed their opinions once they saw valid opinions on the series, and the facts that support their opinions. I'm sure this forum changed people's opinions about Twilight as well. It changed mine.
Yeah, me too, I originally hated Twilight for the sparklepires.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Belethiel
The Mangled Masterpiece
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-

*sigh*

Exactly.

Quote:

The quote button is ineffective again...

Anyway, I just thought it was boring and Bella was bland and helpless and I left it at that. Then I learned stuff about writing and found this forum. Now almost everything about it is awful in my opinion >.> (the only good thing is that Meyer can actually write stuff that sounds really pretty and vivid. Now, if only she could do that purple-prose free...) The thing that bothers me the most is characterization and all of the unfortunate implications that suggest Meyer doesn't pay attention to her own writing, or even think about it.

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Belethiel
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Belethiel
The Mangled Masterpiece
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-

*sigh*

Exactly.

Quote:

The quote button is ineffective again...

Anyway, I just thought it was boring and Bella was bland and helpless and I left it at that. Then I learned stuff about writing and found this forum. Now almost everything about it is awful in my opinion >.> (the only good thing is that Meyer can actually write stuff that sounds really pretty and vivid. Now, if only she could do that purple-prose free...) The thing that bothers me the most is characterization and all of the unfortunate implications that suggest Meyer doesn't pay attention to her own writing, or even think about it.
Of course she doesn't think about it, she says so herself.
Someone can't accept people disliking Twilight and she goes...
User Image every times someone say bad things about her precious books.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff