Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere

If she were to write more to twilight she'd probably make it so that Renesmee falls in love with jake so that won't ever happen.

But that is not how it happens in real life. Did you even read Minerva's starting piece? The Westermarck Effect makes it so that Renesmee will never love Jacob as lover/significant other. Because Jacob will be a part of her life since day one, Renesmee will never see him anything other than a big brother. This is because when someone has been part of a child's life in their very early years for about six or so years, that child will not see that person in a sexual way or be sexually attracted to them. In other words, when you grow with someone from your early years, you don't want to have sex with them. That is the The Westermarck Effect. This also why family members don't have sex with other family members.

The only way I can see Renesmee falling in love with Jacob is if he stayed out of her life for about 16 or 18 years.

Quote:
Your way would be interesting to see too. Jake's "nature" driving him crazy with jealousy.

So you have a thing for blood and gore?

Quote:
But again if Meyer writes more and goes that route, she'll probably make it so that IF she does fall for someone else Jake won't get jealous at all and just stay in guardian mode.

This is Meyer you're talking about, she will never go that route should she ever write more. Furthermore, Meyer was very specific that imprinting was all about finding someone to help pass on better genes to the next generation. That means that he will not stay in "guardian mode" if Renesmee wants to date someone else. There is a very good chance that he will become like Sam, that he will become violent and either attacked her or the guy she loves. You want to know why? Because he wants her. He wants to make his and have sex with her, even she doesn't want to. That is what imprinting is all about.

Quote:
But then poor jake will fall into depression again about being alone forever. or maybe he won't because his "nature" tells him he's good with being the protector of some girl and never feels the need for romantic companionship ever again.

I already explained that, Jacob will no accept such a thing and become depressed. He will get violent and force Renesmee to love him, even if she doesn't want to. He will do that because of his instincts, because he imprinted on her.

Though I don't know why you care. You've stated many times that you don't like Jacob.

i know that there is a WAY that things happen but you of all people should know that meyer doesn't always write things the way they are SUPPOSED to happen. if she wants nessie to be completely on board with it then by god meyer will make it happen. lol

oh of course i do (not too much though) and you should too, i mean come on, the word "wolf" is right in your name.

it's not likely that she'd go that route but if she did, you know exactly what meyer's capable of.

i hated jake when he was trying to steal edward's girl when it was clear she didn't want him. but i like him as nessie's personal "till death" bodyguard.

Beloved Shapeshifter

thisduderighthere
Suiseiten
I don't think it could go any way but dark. It could start playful while Renesmee looks like a kid or starts her teen years. One of those "You're like a brother/uncle to me" or (to go a non-Meyer way) "I thought you were gay since I haven't seen you show interest in a girl" things. However, it would definitely go dark by the time she looked fully mature or matured. The moment anyone who even shows an emotional link and has a p***s around Renesmee could likely end up dead over Jacob's eventual jealousy and I'm sure that Renesmee could easily take Jacob down given the insane power and manipulative ability that she has. She might scare off her potential other mate in that case though.

Then again, I'm willing to go that if Meyer decided to write about their relationship, they'd likely be bound in a relationship where he basically kidnaps her. And instead of Stockholm's, they'd live happily ever after. So glad that won't be a problem.

If she were to write more to twilight she'd probably make it so that Renesmee falls in love with jake so that won't ever happen.

Your way would be interesting to see too. Jake's "nature" driving him crazy with jealousy.

But again if Meyer writes more and goes that route, she'll probably make it so that IF she does fall for someone else Jake won't get jealous at all and just stay in guardian mode.

But then poor jake will fall into depression again about being alone forever. or maybe he won't because his "nature" tells him he's good with being the protector of some girl and never feels the need for romantic companionship ever again.
Yeah, Meyer would basically will it to either be love or look like such. But my big issue with it is how actual age versus physical age wind up being screwed up just so that Jacob can get his happily ever after. She basically tries to make an acceptable environment for a very young child bride. Renesmee is 7, physically 17-18, which just doesn't personally settle well. I'm sure that others feel the same way, but I'm just speaking for myself.

Quil's past and the explanation that he gave would show that odds are, Jacob or anyone who resists the imprint would go crazy, possibly violent. Which could make the Westermarck Effect very dangerous in this scenario. Imprinting in Meyer's world is basically the Shapeshifter's claim to a mate. However, say that someone lives with another long enough where it winds up bringing a sexless relationship or if one doesn't want sex in general. What would happen in that environment? Would that wind up causing the shapeshifter to go crazy to be denied rights to the bed? The list continues on where this could go.

The saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" really has some merit. In some cases, staying away from a person could make them nostalgic or forget.

In a relationship with Cyberweasel89

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
thisduderighthere
Ensis Sword
thisduderighthere
to understand "imprinting" in the twilight world, you have to put aside all logic and think like meyer. immerse yourself in her world and above all be open to it.

but for you guys, your first step should be understanding the fact that most stories are a product of imagination and therefore are not always/do not have to always be absolutely real-worldly true.

But that is the problem. Meyer uses science to explain how mythical creatures in Twilight work. Because of such, we can't help but look at this from a scientific view point. So there shall be no use our imaginations since there is no imagination here. You can thank the author for that.
Besides, Meyer's version of imprinting is perverse and wrong. It is nothing more than excuse for someone to be a controlling abuser or a child grooming *****.
If you are not willing to accept that view point and will act as rude and childish as you did last time, then I kindly ask that you leave and never come back. This thread is about having a mature discussion, not acting like a child throwing a tamper tantrum.

well theres the problem. if you can't handle meyer's made-up "science" then twilight just isn't for you. there are no rules when story telling.

it's all about perspective my friend. i saw the "imprinting" as a good way to stop that fight and a GREAT way to bring the two families together. this imprinting will have very weird long term effects
on everything but we'll cross the bridge when we get to it and for me that's good enough.

i am always willing to accept viewpoints, it's you all who have the problems with respect. lets see how you handle the above.

Meyer's science is "not made" up. In fact, science is never made up. She used science to explain her "vampires" and greatly failed at it because she know nothing about biology. She knows nothing about biology because she didn't do any research. any author, any real author, worth their salt will do research before writing a story.

Of course the imprinting will have "very weird long term effects on everything" because Jacob imprinted on a newborn. He was sexually attracted to a newborn. Even worse, he will be a part of that child's life since day one. That is child grooming and *****. If you think those kind of things are okay, then you are very horrible person.

I'm sorry, but you're setting off my Bullshit detector
User Image

Newbie Hunter

Jacob can't be a best friend or a brother to Nessie because If they do, then the whole purpose of imprinting would be worthless. Imprinting is to pass on the "shapeshifter" gene to the offspring. With a brotherly relationship, you can't pass on the gene and therefore imprinting isn't about friendship. But of course Jacob and Quil attempt to try to form a brotherly relationship with the little girls that they imprinted on with the full intention of having a more romantic relationship with them later. There is a term for that: It's called child-grooming.

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere

But that is not how it happens in real life. Did you even read Minerva's starting piece? The Westermarck Effect makes it so that Renesmee will never love Jacob as lover/significant other. Because Jacob will be a part of her life since day one, Renesmee will never see him anything other than a big brother. This is because when someone has been part of a child's life in their very early years for about six or so years, that child will not see that person in a sexual way or be sexually attracted to them. In other words, when you grow with someone from your early years, you don't want to have sex with them. That is the The Westermarck Effect. This also why family members don't have sex with other family members.

The only way I can see Renesmee falling in love with Jacob is if he stayed out of her life for about 16 or 18 years.

Quote:

Quote:

This is Meyer you're talking about, she will never go that route should she ever write more. Furthermore, Meyer was very specific that imprinting was all about finding someone to help pass on better genes to the next generation. That means that he will not stay in "guardian mode" if Renesmee wants to date someone else. There is a very good chance that he will become like Sam, that he will become violent and either attacked her or the guy she loves. You want to know why? Because he wants her. He wants to make his and have sex with her, even she doesn't want to. That is what imprinting is all about.

Quote:

I already explained that, Jacob will no accept such a thing and become depressed. He will get violent and force Renesmee to love him, even if she doesn't want to. He will do that because of his instincts, because he imprinted on her.

Though I don't know why you care. You've stated many times that you don't like Jacob.

i know that there is a WAY that things happen but you of all people should know that meyer doesn't always write things the way they are SUPPOSED to happen. if she wants nessie to be completely on board with it then by god meyer will make it happen. lol

oh of course i do (not too much though) and you should too, i mean come on, the word "wolf" is right in your name.

it's not likely that she'd go that route but if she did, you know exactly what meyer's capable of.

i hated jake when he was trying to steal edward's girl when it was clear she didn't want him. but i like him as nessie's personal "till death" bodyguard.

So you're telling me that Meyer will write a book about a relationship that is nothing but ***** and child grooming. As if writing a series biased on an abusive relationship wasn't bad enough mad Note to self, never read that piece of s**t if it ever gets created.

And what does whether or not I like blood and gore have anything to do with my username? You're not making any sense.

Unfortunately, I do know what Meyer is capable of, being childish and unprofessional. Not to mention, being a horrible writer that does little to no research and glorifies horrible things like abusive relationships, child grooming and *****.

But that's the thing, Jacob won't be Renesmee's "personal "till death" bodyguard." He imprinted on her, meaning that he wants to be her lover, even if she doesn't want to be his lover.

Newbie Hunter

the Westermarck Effect AKA Reverse Sexual Imprinting is when Humans live together for the first 6 years (critical period,again) of their lives and within that time they are desensitized to later sexual attraction-THEY DON'T FIND EACH OTHER SEXUALLY APPEALING LATER IN LIFE. In real life the little Anti-Christ would turn 6 and will NEVER want ***** and then he would later try to rape her.
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Ensis Sword
thisduderighthere
to understand "imprinting" in the twilight world, you have to put aside all logic and think like meyer. immerse yourself in her world and above all be open to it.

but for you guys, your first step should be understanding the fact that most stories are a product of imagination and therefore are not always/do not have to always be absolutely real-worldly true.

But that is the problem. Meyer uses science to explain how mythical creatures in Twilight work. Because of such, we can't help but look at this from a scientific view point. So there shall be no use our imaginations since there is no imagination here. You can thank the author for that.
Besides, Meyer's version of imprinting is perverse and wrong. It is nothing more than excuse for someone to be a controlling abuser or a child grooming *****.
If you are not willing to accept that view point and will act as rude and childish as you did last time, then I kindly ask that you leave and never come back. This thread is about having a mature discussion, not acting like a child throwing a tamper tantrum.

well theres the problem. if you can't handle meyer's made-up "science" then twilight just isn't for you. there are no rules when story telling.

it's all about perspective my friend. i saw the "imprinting" as a good way to stop that fight and a GREAT way to bring the two families together. this imprinting will have very weird long term effects
on everything but we'll cross the bridge when we get to it and for me that's good enough.

i am always willing to accept viewpoints, it's you all who have the problems with respect. lets see how you handle the above.

Meyer's science is "not made" up. In fact, science is never made up. She used science to explain her "vampires" and greatly failed at it because she know nothing about biology. She knows nothing about biology because she didn't do any research. any author, any real author, worth their salt will do research before writing a story.

Of course the imprinting will have "very weird long term effects on everything" because Jacob imprinted on a newborn. He was sexually attracted to a newborn. Even worse, he will be a part of that child's life since day one. That is child grooming and *****. If you think those kind of things are okay, then you are very horrible person.

User Image

hey luke, you're getting trollish. you want me to change, you have to put some effort too.

she did not fail at explaining her vamps. like i said "made up" science. meaning theres no way it can be wrong.

yes thats what i said. dont worry, i don't think those things are ok at all.

i think your "detector" is broken. just saying.

Manly Man-Lover

Daecade
Jacob can't be a best friend or a brother to Nessie because If they do, then the whole purpose of imprinting would be worthless. Imprinting is to pass on the "shapeshifter" gene to the offspring. With a brotherly relationship, you can't pass on the gene and therefore imprinting isn't about friendship. But of course Jacob and Quil attempt to try to form a brotherly relationship with the little girls that they imprinted on with the full intention of having a more romantic relationship with them later. There is a term for that: It's called child-grooming.
Precisely the case and why this effect and Meyer's grooming tactic wouldn't pan out. When one thinks of a person in a particular role- in Nessie's case, she'd rightfully see Jacob mostly as a caregiver since while Bella was transforming, odds are that between Jacob and Rosalie, they've changed a lot of diapers in that time frame.

Thing is, I could see issues stem from Renesmee's vampire half. If the goal of imprinting is strictly for breeding, why imprint her when that particular gene should rightfully make it impossible to breed? I can get it as a rescuing tactic, and perhaps as a special snowflake in Meyerworld, she'll have some sort of chimera of vamp, human, shapeshifter. confused

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Ensis Sword
thisduderighthere

User Image

hey luke, you're getting trollish. you want me to change, you have to put some effort too.

she did not fail at explaining her vamps. like i said "made up" science. meaning theres no way it can be wrong.

So telling it like it is and pointing our your BS is trolling? So does that mean when you ignored us, even those who quoted you, and openly insulted us all while supporting the OP who was acting like a childish troll in this thread, was you acting polite and civil? Also, it's Lukan, not "luke" lookwhosback1.

And I repeat, there is no such thing as "made up" science because nothing about science is made up. So let me repeat myself, Meyer tried to explain her "vampires" through science and greatly failed at it because she did little to no research. If you have no idea about you're talking about, then you can be wrong. Mayer didn't know what she was talking about, so she was wrong. I will keep saying that because it's true.

If you think that child grooming and ***** are a "good way to stop that fight and a GREAT way to bring the two families together", then you do think that those thing are okay. English, do you know it?

Nope, it's working perfectly fine~
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So you're telling me that Meyer will write a book about a relationship that is nothing but ***** and child grooming. As if writing a series biased on an abusive relationship wasn't bad enough mad Note to self, never read that piece of s**t if it ever gets created.

And what does whether or not I like blood and gore have anything to do with my username? You're not making any sense.

Unfortunately, I do know what Meyer is capable of, being childish and unprofessional. Not to mention, being a horrible writer that does little to no research and glorifies horrible things like abusive relationships, child grooming and *****.

But that's the thing, Jacob won't be Renesmee's "personal "till death" bodyguard." He imprinted on her, meaning that he wants to be her lover, even if she doesn't want to be his lover.

i'm telling you i have no idea what meyer will do if she writes any more but anything is possible.
and you know i don't see their relationship is abusive in any way, shape, or form.

nevermind.

exactly. so you know.

somewhere down the road, maybe. but for now, that little girl is safer than the president so long as she stays away from him, when he gets mad.

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i'm telling you i have no idea what meyer will do if she writes any more but anything is possible.
and you know i don't see their relationship is abusive in any way, shape, or form.

nevermind.

exactly. so you know.

somewhere down the road, maybe. but for now, that little girl is safer than the president so long as she stays away from him, when he gets mad.

Perhaps not, but I can take a very good guess. But their relationship is abusive in every way, shape and form. Former victims of abuse and rape say so, experts say so and my college psychology professor says so. Nothing you say or believe will change that.

You are making no sense. Do you even know english?

So you do support child grooming and *****? Well aren't you a wonderful shining example of humanity stare
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Ensis Sword
thisduderighthere

User Image

So telling it like it is and pointing our your BS is trolling? So does that mean when you ignored us, even those who quoted you, and openly insulted us all while supporting the OP who was acting like a childish troll in this thread, was you acting polite and civil? Also, it's Lukan, not "luke" lookwhosback1.

And I repeat, there is no such thing as "made up" science because nothing about science is made up. So let me repeat myself, Meyer tried to explain her "vampires" through science and greatly failed at it because she did little to no research. If you have no idea about you're talking about, then you can be wrong. Mayer didn't know what she was talking about, so she was wrong. I will keep saying that because it's true.

If you think that child grooming and ***** are a "good way to stop that fight and a GREAT way to bring the two families together", then you do think that those thing are okay. English, do you know it?

no. but your words carry a certain tone that i don't like and you know that. you're provoking me which is trolling.

there is such a thing as made up science. meyer just showed you it. honestly though, do you have no imagination?

i don't think there was child grooming and ***** at the time of that fight.

oh thats right, your bs detector is detecting YOUR OWN bs. because you're the only one not accepting my views right now.
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf

nevermind.

exactly. so you know.

Perhaps not, but I can take a very good guess. But their relationship is abusive in every way, shape and form. Former victims of abuse and rape say so, experts say so and my college psychology professor says so. Nothing you say or believe will change that.

You are making no sense. Do you even know english?

So you do support child grooming and *****? Well aren't you a wonderful shining example of humanity stare

you're entitled to your opinions and you're entitled to believe the opinions of others as well.

no hablo ingles.

i do not support that.

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere
Lukan Wolf
thisduderighthere

User Image

no. but your words carry a certain tone that i don't like and you know that. you're provoking me which is trolling.

there is such a thing as made up science. meyer just showed you it. honestly though, do you have no imagination?

i don't think there was child grooming and ***** at the time of that fight.

oh thats right, your bs detector is detecting YOUR OWN bs. because you're the only one not accepting my views right now.

No offense, but I kind of have a hard time being respectful of you because you tend to be an a*****e.

There is no such thing as "made up science" because science is never made up. It is very real. No, Meyer showed me that she knows nothing about science and sucks as an author. Oh I have an imagination, a very active and wild one at that, but the stuff I made up makes sense, unlike Meyer's horrible train wreck.

First off, there was no fight, it all just a vision that Alice had. Which, may I add, is total BS. She shouldn't have been able to have that vision in the first place. Second, it child grooming and ***** that brought the shape-shifter and "vampires" together. Which is still very horrible.

No, it's detecting your BS. And the reason I'm not accepting your views is because they are toxic and wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff