Welcome to Gaia! ::

I find it interesting because like Romeo and Juliet, every girl can relate.
You have thi boy that youve grown up with and for some reason you stop talking....well then you start to talk agai but a new guy pops up and youre divided...
I guess alot of ppl ( especially girls) are interested because them themselves have gone through something similar like this, and want to see what she decided...
I love the Twilight series except I cant get it out of my hed that Jacob fell in love with a baby -_-
Thats when I stopped being a team jacob fan

8,325 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Ray_Ray2569
You have thi boy that youve grown up with and for some reason you stop talking....well then you start to talk agai but a new guy pops up and youre divided...
I guess alot of ppl ( especially girls) are interested because them themselves have gone through something similar like this, and want to see what she decided...
I love the Twilight series except I cant get it out of my hed that Jacob fell in love with a baby -_-

Have you read Romeo and Juliet? Their love was forbidden due to family rivalry. They couldn't be together, so they devised a plan to meet up in secrecy, faking their deaths only to take their own lives in the end anyways. How can every girl relate to that? :/

And how did Bella grow up with Edward/Jacob? She moved to a new state, a complete stranger meeting 2 guys and being involved in a "love" triangle. She ended up being the dumb a**, marrying too soon and having a baby too soon, choosing the wrong guy over someone who actually cared about her who in turn became a total whack-job. I'm appalled by your post, thinking that girls can relate to either scenario :I
Little Starpuff
Ray_Ray2569

Have you read Romeo and Juliet? Their love was forbidden due to family rivalry. They couldn't be together, so they devised a plan to meet up in secrecy, faking their deaths only to take their own lives in the end anyways. How can every girl relate to that? :/

And how did Bella grow up with Edward/Jacob? She moved to a new state, a complete stranger meeting 2 guys and being involved in a "love" triangle. She ended up being the dumb a**, marrying too soon and having a baby too soon, choosing the wrong guy over someone who actually cared about her who in turn became a total whack-job. I'm appalled by your post, thinking that girls can relate to either scenario :I
From what I remember, she didn't grow up with Jacob in the book. She met him when they were in La Push, not when the truck was brought over to the house. My book isn't near me and I don't want to download the PDF, but that's how I remember it.

8,325 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
GreatWizardRoniBaby
Little Starpuff
Ray_Ray2569

From what I remember, she didn't grow up with Jacob in the book. She met him when they were in La Push, not when the truck was brought over to the house. My book isn't near me and I don't want to download the PDF, but that's how I remember it.

See, I don't know all that. I was just quoting the person before me, giving a poor reference in relation to Twilight or Romeo and Juliet...I really don't see how they're connected :l
Little Starpuff
Ray_Ray2569

She new Jacob when they were little because Bella used to hang out with Jacobs sisters Rachel and Rebecca. And with the Romeo Juliet thing, Its like Jacob is practically her family and he doesnt,and neither does the rest of the tribe, want her to have any relations with the Cullens.
Thats all I was really getting at....
Ray_Ray2569

If you want to get technical, Jacob didn't fall in love with Reneesme. He imprinted. And if you read the books you'd understand what imprinting is. I had an issue with it at first too but really he just has a strong connection to her, a big brother like figure if you will until she is older and old enough to actually be in love. I just hated that he went on saying he was so in love with Bella just to end up imprinting on her daughter. But hey.
Ray_Ray2569
Little Starpuff
Ray_Ray2569

She new Jacob when they were little because Bella used to hang out with Jacobs sisters Rachel and Rebecca. And with the Romeo Juliet thing, Its like Jacob is practically her family and he doesnt,and neither does the rest of the tribe, want her to have any relations with the Cullens.
Thats all I was really getting at....
She didn't know of Jacob till La Push. She knew his sisters but it's not like she gave a damn about them. They weren't friends and by the time Bella was eleven she caused enough of a tantrum to make him stop the fishing trips and stop him from throwing her together with people she didn't want to play with.

So no, she didn't know Jacob when she was little.

How are they like Romeo and Juliet? No one is opposing Bella and Edward's relationship and the big rule is that he either leaves her or changes her. He did both and are with each other in the end. I don't see the comparison between a satire play and a series that would've been better off as a satire.
That_Mysterious_Somebody
Ray_Ray2569

If you want to get technical, Jacob didn't fall in love with Reneesme. He imprinted. And if you read the books you'd understand what imprinting is. I had an issue with it at first too but really he just has a strong connection to her, a big brother like figure if you will until she is older and old enough to actually be in love. I just hated that he went on saying he was so in love with Bella just to end up imprinting on her daughter. But hey.
Just because he imprinted on her doesn't make it any less wrong that Meyer made him do so. The pairing of Nessie and Jacob should never happen, should never be written. :/.
That_Mysterious_Somebody
Ray_Ray2569

Yea I understan the imprinting quite clearly....but he still knows that one day theyre gonna get "close"....its just weird
I know why I watch it/read it.

I read it a long time ago (actually when it first came out and before people started talking about it) and I thought it was sweet and kind of entertaining. Def. not the best book in the world but I mean it wasn't a complete waste of my time. I enjoyed it.

Then the movies came out and of course I watched them. I love movies and I had already read the book. I was disappointed like many people but I mean I still found it at the most "entertaining".

I don't consider it a story of great depth or meaning. It's not a masterpiece of literary or movie making talent. It's just an innocent romance novel wrote for teenagers in a generation who happens to find romance between supernatural creatures and human interesting.

But for me...I just thought it was a cute little story. wink

Magnetic Friend

11,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I still need to read the books; make that finish the first book. I have seen all of the movies though and I have only watched them a few times. I don't think they're THAT fascinating. Not like I do Harry Potter. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff