Welcome to Gaia! ::

Luunna
Kiba Shinzu
Luunna
Kiba Shinzu
Luunna
try making your own decisions instead of asking gaia online??

what can you really lose from watching a movie
even a really bad one

Some people like to gather opinions or idea's to come to a decision about these things. That's why we have book and movie reviewers.
Of course, some people like to get a more public type of opinion.
It's something that everyone does.
it isnt like the OP can't gather their own information and make an educated decision based on that
i dont understand SHOULD I WATCH THIS MOVIE??? posts
like if it sounds like something you might like or are interested in seeing go for it??
you're not going to die if you watch a movie that was slightly sub-par and disappointing

I did.
I actually asked people what they liked about Twilight, and if they thought I might like it. A few of my friends thought it would. They were wrong, and your right, seeing or reading a sub-par book or movie won't kill you, but some people don't like wasting time and money on things they're not sure they will like.

For example; I wasn't sure if I wanted to see The Lorax.
I had read the book and liked it, even saw the animated short and enjoyed that, despite the depressing feel to the whole thing.
The new movie didn't really look all that good though. So I watched and read some reviews for it, and it turns out that the likelihood of me disliking it grew. So I skipped out watching it.
I just didn't feel like wasting $10, nor did I feel like wasting an hour and a half on it.
My decision proved beneficial.

Like I said, everybody does this.
how much money did you spend
unless you got the big box set i really doubt it was over like 15 bucks for the book, 10 for the movie
in which case is it really worth getting in an uproar about it
just sell it to a used book store or to someone who might appreciate it ya dingus

also >the lorax
dude you couldnt tell after the first trailer that that was going to be a pile of garbage?
really? you REALLY couldnt tell?
... alright maybe you do need someone else's opinions guiding you through life lmao

I didn't spend any money. I had friends who were nice enough to lend me their books, and I had a friend drag me to see the first movie with her so that 'she wouldn't suffer alone'. I was payed in a free ticket and a jumbo Jawbreaker. It was glorious.
Of course, as you picked up, I didn't like the book series. I did have a lot of questions though, and I found that it was an interesting topic to discuss. A good read? Not so much. Good discussion fodder? Apparently.

You can find ways around the whole paying thing, but again, some people want a second opinion. Plain and simple.

A few things.
1. I don't have cable. I don't watch commercials often on the internet, and most that I do come across are very short.
2. The particular commercial I saw, showed a skinny man with an axe, and a Lorax with Danny DeVito's voice. Not a whole lot to go on.
Kiba Shinzu
Luunna
Kiba Shinzu
Luunna
Kiba Shinzu
Luunna
try making your own decisions instead of asking gaia online??

what can you really lose from watching a movie
even a really bad one

Some people like to gather opinions or idea's to come to a decision about these things. That's why we have book and movie reviewers.
Of course, some people like to get a more public type of opinion.
It's something that everyone does.
it isnt like the OP can't gather their own information and make an educated decision based on that
like if it sounds like something you might like or are interested in seeing go for it??
you're not going to die if you watch a movie that was slightly sub-par and disappointing

I did.
I actually asked people what they liked about Twilight, and if they thought I might like it. A few of my friends thought it would. They were wrong, and your right, seeing or reading a sub-par book or movie won't kill you, but some people don't like wasting time and money on things they're not sure they will like.

I had read the book and liked it, even saw the animated short and enjoyed that, despite the depressing feel to the whole thing.
The new movie didn't really look all that good though. So I watched and read some reviews for it, and it turns out that the likelihood of me disliking it grew. So I skipped out watching it.
I just didn't feel like wasting $10, nor did I feel like wasting an hour and a half on it.

unless you got the big box set i really doubt it was over like 15 bucks for the book, 10 for the movie
just sell it to a used book store or to someone who might appreciate it ya dingus

also >the lorax
dude you couldnt tell after the first trailer that that was going to be a pile of garbage?
... alright maybe you do need someone else's opinions guiding you through life lmao

I didn't spend any money. I had friends who were nice enough to lend me their books, and I had a friend drag me to see the first movie with her so that 'she wouldn't suffer alone'. I was payed in a free ticket and a jumbo Jawbreaker. It was glorious.
Of course, as you picked up, I didn't like the book series. I did have a lot of questions though, and I found that it was an interesting topic to discuss. A good read? Not so much. Good discussion fodder? Apparently.

You can find ways around the whole paying thing, but again, some people want a second opinion. Plain and simple.

A few things.
1. I don't have cable. I don't watch commercials often on the internet, and most that I do come across are very short.
2. The particular commercial I saw, showed a skinny man with an axe, and a Lorax with Danny DeVito's voice. Not a whole lot to go on.
you didnt spend any
then why did you make the point of spending money on it in the first place you butthole
lmfao i cant
like jesus why are you even complaining about this you didnt spend a single cent because your friends paid for your ticket and let you borrow their copy of the book and you are still complaining wh

im not even saying doing that is wrong??
im just saying getting someone else's opinion might not be as effective as doing some reading and coming up with an unbiased opinion for yourself how is this hard to understand

1. you only had to watch one to know is the thing. hell i didnt even need to do THAT much - its a dr seuss film, none of those are ever good, and the trailer only reaffirmed that
2. then you watched about two seconds of that commercial. the longer one plays at least twenty times a day at my place of work. i see it all the time and theres a whole lot more then that that suggests that its a big steaming pile of crap.
and im psure the shorter one isnt all that much shorter too so
Luunna
Kiba Shinzu
Luunna
Kiba Shinzu
Luunna

I did.

also >the lorax

A few things.
you didnt spend any
then why did you make the point of spending money on it in the first place you butthole
lmfao i cant
like jesus why are you even complaining about this you didnt spend a single cent because your friends paid for your ticket and let you borrow their copy of the book and you are still complaining wh

im not even saying doing that is wrong??
im just saying getting someone else's opinion might not be as effective as doing some reading and coming up with an unbiased opinion for yourself how is this hard to understand

1. you only had to watch one to know is the thing. hell i didnt even need to do THAT much - its a dr seuss film, none of those are ever good, and the trailer only reaffirmed that
2. then you watched about two seconds of that commercial. the longer one plays at least twenty times a day at my place of work. i see it all the time and theres a whole lot more then that that suggests that its a big steaming pile of crap.
and im psure the shorter one isnt all that much shorter too so

My situation was lucky enough where I didn't have to spend any money. If I did have to spend money, I probably would have picked it up from the library, or sat down and watched it with my parents when they rented it. I just didn't have to do that, because I was lucky.
...What was I complaining about?
I just said that some people don't want to spend money, so they try to make a rational decision based on information they gathered from others.

I suppose not, but then what is the harm if you DO get other people's opinion? No matter how much reading you do, everyone will come up with a biased opinion. Especially for movies.
It works both ways.

1. The commercial was 39 seconds long, and consisted of Hi-jinks in the movie. It didn't illude to any sort of plot besides the girl who said "I want to see tree's". Not really chock full of information, really. Besides, I have seen other Dr. Suess films, and I've liked some of them. The Cat and the Hat was awful, no doubt, but with Horton I had nothing to complain about.
...heh, I rhymed.
-is shot-
2.I don't go to the place you work at, as I have no idea where that is. I lack cable, and really only see commercials when I'm surfing a corporate website that requires me to remove adblock just to see the page. The one commercial I did see was 39 seconds long.
But yeah, I did research the film, I just told you that before. Part of my research was to ask other people what they thought. I got some bad feedback. Backed by reviews and the like, I decided it wasn't worth my time, and I was right.

...So what seems to be the problem again, I seem to have lost the point in all this text.
Oh well, it's not like you have to answer me. Again, thank you for the conversation.

7,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Voter 100
  • Brandisher 100
The writing style was that of a second-grader. I do give her points for trying to do something original with the whole sparkling fiasco, but I also take some away because vampires fry in the sun. Also, it's true that the book casts some really negative things in a positive light, like complete dependence on another person to live (and not in a romantic way, in an obsessive stalker way). The story was completely predictable and lacked any of this so-called "action" I've been reading about on here.

Bottom line, the book was crap. If you want to read crap, then go ahead.
I OWN AND WATCHED ALL 4 OF THEM..ITS YOUR CHOSE IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THEM.GIVE IT A TEST AN YOU CAN FIGURE OUT IF ITS YOUR TASTE OF MOVIE...GOOD LUCK
It's better than the books.

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
No read the Hunger Games! smile

Ergen Spurgs's Waifu

2 IND UP SPELIN LIEK DIS biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff