Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jennypie242
To simply put "bump" to re-open a old thread is not in anyway wrong. I have no problem telling anyone who has a problem with it how it's going to be. So in that I say potato.
Yes it is. Not only is necroing a thread bad, necroing a thread is considered spam. Spam is reportable.

7,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
BUMP
heart

6,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i just don't think the actors matched up with the image the author created for each character. i have no option on there acting but i do think the were a poor choice simply based on there looks

7,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
fuufuu blue
i just don't think the actors matched up with the image the author created for each character. i have no option on there acting but i do think the were a poor choice simply based on there looks

Agreed! You can make anyone look like him if you try

6,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
idk that may have been the challenge though. finding a b rated actor that was ok looking and still eager to play the role
fuufuu blue
Would you say that again if I told you that Meyer had picked Robert to play Edward?

6,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MuffinTheOrphan
fuufuu blue
Would you say that again if I told you that Meyer had picked Robert to play Edward?

well yes, i mean i know she worked with the director personally and worked really hard to produce a movie that matched her book the way she saw it. but the difference bettwen a book and a movie is that the words read different to everyone. what i see and what u see are different even to the person writing it. so i just think the way she wrote it spoke to me differently, i got this beautiful guy that out shined all other mortals in comparison, but then i got the guy from harry potter
fuufuu blue
MuffinTheOrphan
fuufuu blue

well yes, i mean i know she worked with the director personally and worked really hard to produce a movie that matched her book the way she saw it. but the difference bettwen a book and a movie is that the words read different to everyone. what i see and what u see are different even to the person writing it. so i just think the way she wrote it spoke to me differently, i got this beautiful guy that out shined all other mortals in comparison, but then i got the guy from harry potter
In the end though your personal opinion on Edward's looks and his actor doesn't matter because Meyer found his physically fit to play the role of Edward. The actors matched up to the authors expectations, if you think there was a poor choice then it's her fault.

If you think Edward out shined all mortals then why do you think they would've found the dream Edward that suited who you imagined?

6,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MuffinTheOrphan

In the end though your personal opinion on Edward's looks and his actor doesn't matter because Meyer found his physically fit to play the role of Edward. The actors matched up to the authors expectations, if you think there was a poor choice then it's her fault.

If you think Edward out shined all mortals then why do you think they would've found the dream Edward that suited who you imagined?

1. you can not argue my opinion, it is my thoughts and my thoughts alone. if i think the actor who plays edward doesn't fit what i believed the written edward would look like then i am entitled to my opinion, and my opinion as a fan of the books and a movie goer are very important.

2. the point i was making was that is the way it was decribed in the books, i think twilight should have remained a book so that the fantasy could have survived because once you put a face to a character the illusion of perfection is destroyed.

3. i would never blame her for picking someone she thought fit the role, what i said was that edward can look different to many different people if not everyone, so i simply saw him differently and thats why i didn't like the character in the movies

in closing you shouldn't argue my opinion because it is my opinion and i have a right to have one. this thread is for everyone to share and discuss there opinion. now if you think other wise thats fine and i accept that, but don't put down my view simply because you think yours is correct
fuufuu blue
1. you can not argue my opinion, it is my thoughts and my thoughts alone. if i think the actor who plays edward doesn't fit what i believed the written edward would look like then i am entitled to my opinion, and my opinion as a fan of the books and a movie goer are very important.
Your opinion was that you didn't think the actors matched up to the image that the author had for the characters. The very first thing I said to you was that the actors did match up to her image of the characters because she helped pick out the actors.

I'm not saying it to be mean, it's just the honest truth that it doesn't matter if you think that Robert doesn't fit your image of Edward. you're entitled to your opinion, sure, but not when it's not your character and not when the author picked him because he matched Edward's description.

Spoiler alert; Your opinion doesn't matter to Meyer. She doesn't care about the opinions of her fans.

Quote:
2. the point i was making was that is the way it was decribed in the books, i think twilight should have remained a book so that the fantasy could have survived because once you put a face to a character the illusion of perfection is destroyed.
That wasn't the point you were making. you never stated before that you thought it should've stayed a book series. It seems like to me that you only wished it stayed a book series was so that you could keep your image of Edward and not have it be ruined by imitators (actors). Please join reality and realize that perfection is nonexistent. Edward surely isn't perfect and with how Meyer described him, it was too vague to put together an actual face. He's perfect to you because he is your Edward while reading. You're own little version that you didn't like have destroyed by the movie version of Edward.

Quote:
3. i would never blame her for picking someone she thought fit the role, what i said was that edward can look different to many different people if not everyone, so i simply saw him differently and thats why i didn't like the character in the movies
But you're disregarding that what Edward looked like to her was Robert Pattinson and that the opinions of her fans don't matter to her. It doesn't matter that he looked different to different fans, what mattered was that what Edward looks like is what Robert looks like because that's what Meyer said.

Quote:
in closing you shouldn't argue my opinion because it is my opinion and i have a right to have one. this thread is for everyone to share and discuss there opinion. now if you think other wise thats fine and i accept that, but don't put down my view simply because you think yours is correct
Never said you didn't have a right to your opinion. That's not really an excuse as to why I shouldn't disagree with your opinion because really, that's all I'm doing. I disagree with it and told you why. The rest of this little bit went on an irrelevant tangent as I never said anything about this thread and other people's opinions and whatever else you said.

In short, I'm not putting down your opinion (which was that you don't think the actors matched up with the image the author created), I'm just saying that Meyer herself hand picked the actors because that's who the characters looked like to her and only her opinion matters on that subject.

6,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MuffinTheOrphan

In short, I'm not putting down your opinion (which was that you don't think the actors matched up with the image the author created), I'm just saying that Meyer herself hand picked the actors because that's who the characters looked like to her and only her opinion matters on that subject.

you are missing the point, this here thread is to discuss the characters and what everyone thinks of them. now the author has a right to her characters and the designs of each character, the movie has already been made and the cast has already been picked, so to that in of course my opinion doesn't matter. but thats not what im argueing. im not saying they should change the roll or anything like that, im simply saying i don't like him because he doesn't match my expectation of the character.

and yes you are write, the books description on the character is extremely vague, but thats why i liked it. and if u want to argue the excistance of perfection lets first argue the existance of sparkling immortals, and native american shape shifters.

again you don't have to agree but by claiming that my opinion is wrong is simply... wats the word, unintelligent. its my opinion, my view based on how my brain understood it. you can't argue it, change it, or say its wrong no more than i can tell you your opinion is wrong.

we can argue this all day i mean i never grow tired of an arguement, but please atleast understand what your actually trying to argue

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
fuufuu blue
MuffinTheOrphan

you are missing the point, this here thread is to discuss the characters and what everyone thinks of them. now the author has a right to her characters and the designs of each character, the movie has already been made and the cast has already been picked, so to that in of course my opinion doesn't matter. but thats not what im argueing. im not saying they should change the roll or anything like that, im simply saying i don't like him because he doesn't match my expectation of the character.

and yes you are write, the books description on the character is extremely vague, but thats why i liked it. and if u want to argue the excistance of perfection lets first argue the existance of sparkling immortals, and native american shape shifters.

again you don't have to agree but by claiming that my opinion is wrong is simply... wats the word, unintelligent. its my opinion, my view based on how my brain understood it. you can't argue it, change it, or say its wrong no more than i can tell you your opinion is wrong.

we can argue this all day i mean i never grow tired of an arguement, but please atleast understand what your actually trying to argue

caligulasAquarium

Uh, excuse me. From a third party viewer, calling Muffin "unintelligent" is very rude. All she said was she disagreed with your opinion, not that yours was "wrong". I read your whole thing and she never said that you were "wrong".

She simply told you why she disagreed with you, and then you try to come off like she's "unintelligent" and "doesn't understand what she's arguing".

Perfection doesn't exist. Period. Sure, sparkling immortals and Native American shapeshifters don't either, but that doesn't mean "perfection" automatically gets a free pass.

It's all about suspension of disbelief. If Meyer makes every "good person" in her books out to be "perfect", I'm not going to believe it. Because no one is perfect for one, and two, "perfection" is in itself very vague. I think Edward Cullen is FAR from the concept of "perfection". He's rude, manipulative, and cruel to the one he "loves", and then acts all superior about it.

And, yeah, Muffin can challenge your opinion. And she did so with facts. That doesn't make your opinion (in this case) wrong, it means that there is a reason it is the way it is. Meyer picked RPattz based on her views of Edward. That's all Muffin was trying to say. She didn't say you were wrong, she didn't say your opinion was stupid, she just disagreed, and stated a fact.

It happens all the time. Opinions change. If someone were to say, present me with evidence that Twilight is actually worthy of being a novel, or that Edward Cullen isn't abusive (and good, SOLID evidence I couldn't refute with other evidence), then I could possibly change my opinion.

So, it looks to me like you're the one who doesn't understand what you're arguing.

Oh, Pro!tip: It's very hard to come off on a stand of superiority if you type like that. It's hard to read for some people, and it doesn't make you look any smarter that Muffin, who takes the time to type properly.
            User Image
fuufuu blue

I can't miss a point you never brought up until recently.

Your expectation doesn't matter, at all. Why do you keep ignoring this when I tell you it? It's all what Meyer chose and Meyer chose Robert because to her, he is Edward. Robert=Edward, you're image of Edward is irrelevant when Meyer is telling you that Robert resembles Edward.

Quote:
and yes you are write right, the books description on the character is extremely vague, but thats why i liked it. and if u want to argue the excistance of perfection lets first argue the existance of sparkling immortals, and native american shape shifters.
That's the thing, sparkling immortals and shape shifters doesn't exist.

Quote:
Really? Really? I already stated this, why are you ignoring it? I had stated multiple times before that your opinion, which was that you don't think the actors matched up with the image the author created, is irrelevant because they matched up for the only person who mattered; Meyer. Only she knows what Edward looks like and to her he looks like Robert. Their descriptions are too vague so if Meyer points to someone and says "That is Edward.", it's hard to argue with her on that just because that's not how you imagined him.

Quote:
I am well aware what I am arguing, are you?
Never gives a s**t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces