Welcome to Gaia! ::

NightfallDuet
Mage Luna
@Duet
Based on the quotes from her about the book, I believe she's more interested in the guys than the violence or themes.

Right...I mean in the books Gale's supposed to be a charmer and quite handsome, Peeta's just the all around cute baker's son, and Finnick (I love him; he's so funny. xD) is supposed to be everyone's dreamboat and superstar of the Tributes. But he admits he's only doing it because they're forcing him to do such a thing because of Annie and the death/killing threats that are against them. sad Poor Finnick. I wanted to give him a hug.
Or as I'm willing to bet Meyer sees it, kind reliable guy, charming bad boy, and other pretty boys.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Mage Luna
NightfallDuet
Mage Luna
@Duet
Based on the quotes from her about the book, I believe she's more interested in the guys than the violence or themes.

Right...I mean in the books Gale's supposed to be a charmer and quite handsome, Peeta's just the all around cute baker's son, and Finnick (I love him; he's so funny. xD) is supposed to be everyone's dreamboat and superstar of the Tributes. But he admits he's only doing it because they're forcing him to do such a thing because of Annie and the death/killing threats that are against them. sad Poor Finnick. I wanted to give him a hug.
Or as I'm willing to bet Meyer sees it, kind reliable guy, charming bad boy, and other pretty boys.

Boys, Boys, Boys... Don't you just love them so much? biggrin
NightfallDuet
Mage Luna
NightfallDuet
Mage Luna
@Duet

Boys, Boys, Boys... Don't you just love them so much? biggrin

Yep.

Beloved Shapeshifter

Well, some- ultra rare cases- are better than the inspired cases, so I can't say anything yet. I'm not interested in 50 Shades yet, in spite of hearing a few people claiming it to be good on Facebook. There's something about pure erotica and little storyline that just bores me and that is all it sounds like it is. But what gave me some good laughs was some of the name changes for mainstream sources. I mean, v****a Monologues became Seduction and Snacks?! That caused the immature inner child in me to snicker.

Little Boy Lost may be interesting for the Edward x Jacob thing that should have happened over the Bella x Edward one that did. I maintain they had a more intriguing relationship than the canon if just for the bickering and genuine sense of emotion between them, while Bella fit into the girlfriend role as well as a large square peg into a small circle cutout.

Admittedly, there are a couple on the list that I'm curious about, even with the disclaimer of it being Twilight Fanfic. As for Meyer being content with the success of her writing spawning off fanfic books for mass market, I can see why she'd be happy because it means that even if her work didn't reach as large of an audience as she desired, at least she has all these other outlets to expand in a hands- off exchange. Twilight has officially become a literary virus...
Suiseiten
Well, some- ultra rare cases- are better than the inspired cases, so I can't say anything yet. I'm not interested in 50 Shades yet, in spite of hearing a few people claiming it to be good on Facebook. There's something about pure erotica and little storyline that just bores me and that is all it sounds like it is. But what gave me some good laughs was some of the name changes for mainstream sources. I mean, v****a Monologues became Seduction and Snacks?! That caused the immature inner child in me to snicker.

Little Boy Lost may be interesting for the Edward x Jacob thing that should have happened over the Bella x Edward one that did. I maintain they had a more intriguing relationship than the canon if just for the bickering and genuine sense of emotion between them, while Bella fit into the girlfriend role as well as a large square peg into a small circle cutout.

Admittedly, there are a couple on the list that I'm curious about, even with the disclaimer of it being Twilight Fanfic. As for Meyer being content with the success of her writing spawning off fanfic books for mass market, I can see why she'd be happy because it means that even if her work didn't reach as large of an audience as she desired, at least she has all these other outlets to expand in a hands- off exchange. Twilight has officially become a literary virus...

True, when I'm home during Fall Break I might see if my library has some of these.

Beloved Shapeshifter

Mage Luna
Suiseiten

True, when I'm home during Fall Break I might see if my library has some of these.
Likewise, but that may have to wait for a little on my side. During the summer, I kinda found myself reading the Chronicles of Nick franchise because they were quick reads and I enjoyed the first two books. But at least Seduction and Snacks (even at the risk of it being precisely why I'm kinda dodging 50 Shades) and I think there was one more that I may check into will be on my list.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff