Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
After watching a lot more on my Nosferatu people I realize most if not all have a different preference.
I do not like Twilight either but I'm bad at reasoning why.
I prefer good old fashioned gore.

Are all fans stupid... No absolutly not. Are all ICP fans (am not one) supremely focused on Juggalo perspectives no, I have two friends who love ICP but they are not the stereotypical Juggalos. Are all Star Trek Fans (not one) fat lazy and sit at the conventions all day. No also have a few friends of this preference.

There is a huge difference between being a fan and being obsessed.

When I judged Twilight I hated the overall story why because I like a different Vampire.
"A psychological or mental nightmare." So Twilight failed to meet my expectations.
Is it a bad series to me yes in general I can't decide that for you.

It was bad in my opinion because I had closed my mind on my preference and wasn't willing to see it differently. To others this may or may not have been true.

Back to the fans also because many others opinions were misinterpreted the comments flew soon I was no longer open to my own prospective but in turn joined a bandwagon angrily insulting someone else's creation without worrying about the reason anymore. So when the original reason came up I was unable to perfectly say I prefer a separate vampire and yes I admit its stereotypical at times.

I simply wanted to badger the fans and join the bandwagon but in turn I didn't like the series because I'm not a Romance Novel type of person and when I heard vampires I used my own "racism" to further justify my hate for the series.

I don't like Twilight but in general I can't force you to not like it. Try it yourself you may see differently.

Sincerely
CORRUPT

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
I hate Twilight for the reasons you state, plus the reasons Twilight itself has given me to hate it such as the belittling of the human race and anyone of any ethnicity that isn't white, and that abuse and stalking shown in idealistic light. So, I say that you're justified in your preference, but that your ideas based on just your preference shouldn't be there just because of that, I know how badly trying to read this series would be, it was hard for me to get through the first book, but you should try and educate yourself on just how awful this series is rather than launching into a discussion with no ammunition, maybe it would be better to just read the chapter summaries on the twilight lexicon or check out this series of videos: You Are Bella But, you know, I won't force you if you don't wish to know just how sick of a series it is.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
We all have our own opinions on why we dislike the series, and I can respect yours. biggrin Though, I will admit that I'm still a neutral because there are some characters that I can respect...some, not all.

If you want to make a clearer interpretation of the series, do what Murdoc said and just look at some of the chapter summaries or read some of the sporkings online. Here's one that I really enjoy reading: Das_Sporking of Twilight. Hope you enjoy!

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
NightfallDuet
We all have our own opinions on why we dislike the series, and I can respect yours. biggrin Though, I will admit that I'm still a neutral because there are some characters that I can respect...some, not all.

If you want to make a clearer interpretation of the series, do what Murdoc said and just look at some of the chapter summaries or read some of the sporkings online. Here's one that I really enjoy reading: Das_Sporking of Twilight. Hope you enjoy!

I am now reading that because of how dead it is in here, and I must say, she's picking up on things that I never even thought about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff