Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Spirit

11,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Party Animal 100
How many of you have read the books then seen the movies and think "Man the movies screw the books over so badly.", but yet you still rewatch the movies.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
        Many, many times. I can't tell you how many times I walked out of a movie listing all the good bits I would have liked to have seen in the movie.

However, with Twilight, it's the exact opposite. I liked the movies way more than the books. This is the only time I can think of it happening to me in my lifetime.

Click. Click. Boom.User Image

Timid Spirit

11,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
Minerva de Sade
        Many, many times. I can't tell you how many times I walked out of a movie listing all the good bits I would have liked to have seen in the movie.

However, with Twilight, it's the exact opposite. I liked the movies way more than the books. This is the only time I can think of it happening to me in my lifetime.

lol Well that is the first that I've heard someone say they liked the movies better.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
evalineXxXrose
lol Well that is the first that I've heard someone say they liked the movies better.

And you have no idea how weird it feels coming out of my mouth. eek

But, there are a long list of detailed reasons why I feel that way: They took the movies out of Bella's perspective, they cut out a lot of scenes that weren't important and weren't needed, they made it so the plot happened a lot quicker and had a little bit more impact on the story, there was more racial diversity than in the books (even if it was only a smidgen), the actors all understood that some of the characters were psychotic and played them that way, and Meyer wasn't in control of everything.

Timid Spirit

11,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
Minerva de Sade
evalineXxXrose

And you have no idea how weird it feels coming out of my mouth. eek

But, there are a long list of detailed reasons why I feel that way: They took the movies out of Bella's perspective, they cut out a lot of scenes that weren't important and weren't needed, they made it so the plot happened a lot quicker and had a little bit more impact on the story, there was more racial diversity than in the books (even if it was only a smidgen), the actors all understood that some of the characters were psychotic and played them that way, and Meyer wasn't in control of everything.

All I can say is glad they did not rush the movies like most are now.. Frozen? I was so excited for it. After watching I liked it still, but I think they could of added at least another 30 mins... Movies now a days are so rushed..

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
evalineXxXrose
All I can say is glad they did not rush the movies like most are now.. Frozen? I was so excited for it. After watching I liked it still, but I think they could of added at least another 30 mins... Movies now a days are so rushed..

I don't think it's "rushed" so much as they have to fit everything into a two hour period at most. A few movies can get away with having long run times, but most people now expect to go into a movie and spend about two hours there. Any more than that, and you're going to get a lot of complaints about how much time they "wasted" watching the movie, and how "long and drug out" it was. : / It's hard to hit that sweet spot just in between too long and too short.

I've seen lots of deleted scenes from Frozen, and I could tell you that if given the chance and if they didn't have a time limit, they could have possibly made it go on for much longer.

Newbie Hunter

The movies aren't as bad as the books because you don't HAVE to constant reading Bella's thought about Edward EVERY single sentences. "OMG, EDWARD IS SO HAWT!!! OMG OMG HE'S SO HAWT!!!" The movie kinda go straight to the plot and cut out the non-important parts while the plot in the book is in the last few chapters with all those "OMG, EDWARD IS SO HAWT!!! OMG OMG HE'S SO HAWT!!!"

Beloved Shapeshifter

That, and the movies cuts out a lot of filler. Not just how hot Edward is, but overdrawn whining about how "plain" Bella is. Oh, and how she's not interested in the people in her human clique... and how much she dislikes her father (who seems like a really sweet man in what little screentime he gets). And those descriptions of the surroundings that mean nothing to the storyline.
i thought the books and the movies were equally amazing.!

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
I would consider the movies over the books, just because there isn't as much there as there was in the books (holy s**t, was there ever).
But the movies are still lame and so is the series.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Rogue Destiny
I would consider the movies over the books, just because there isn't as much there as there was in the books (holy s**t, was there ever).

I agree that the series overall is pretty lame, but I always have to wonder why fans say "but they left so much out!" like it's a bad thing? The movies cut out a lot of the chaff that the books didn't need in the first place. : ?

Beloved Shapeshifter

Right, because not only did we need to know the shade Edward's skin was when he sparkled on the tree tops, but we also needed to know the back story of Bella becoming Edward's spider monkey or something. stare Pass~

Beloved Shapeshifter

Speaking of unanswered questions...

Just found this while looking for dog shaming Twilight pics.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/twilight-saga-unanswered-questions

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Minerva de Sade
Rogue Destiny

I agree that the series overall is pretty lame, but I always have to wonder why fans say "but they left so much out!" like it's a bad thing? The movies cut out a lot of the chaff that the books didn't need in the first place. : ?

Because some fans are picky and want every single detail that Meyer wrote in those blasted books to be in the movies. Man, that would be like a 5 hour movie! O_o Just no!

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Rogue Destiny
Because some fans are picky and want every single detail that Meyer wrote in those blasted books to be in the movies. Man, that would be like a 5 hour movie! O_o Just no!

Yes, because Bella's poncho from the first paragraph of the first book is SO TERRIBLY IMPORTANT to the plot and subtext of the movie! We must know what the poncho means.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces