Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Shapeshifter

Minerva de Sade
User Image

I'm a pretty big fan of things like Vampire: The Masquerade (though I've never been lucky enough to get in on a tabletop version, I have played the video game V:tM Bloodlines), with societies that pull you in and have rules and intricate social structures. Vampires look human, and thus use that to blend in with their prey. So, they have to follow some pretty strict rules if they are to maintain their cover. (You know, not drive around in fancy cars in small towns, skip really sunny days of school, and date within family because that's kinda creepy)

Another thing that really draws me in to V:tM is the use of different kinds of vampires. Different bloodlines. Each has their place within (or without) vampire society, and each has different gifts and abilities.

A different series I like in terms of werewolf representation is the Tantalize series by Cynthia Leitich Smith. There aren't just werewolves, but other wereanimals too. (One of the main character's best friend is a werearmadillo.)

On top of that, they also have traditions and a society. Kieren, the character I mentioned previously, has to go through a coming-of-age, rite of passage style ceremony and be separated from his family and friends. He's specifically going to be separated from the main character forever, and she's upset about it because he's her childhood friend, and she's a bit smitten with him (which is part of the plot of the story, though I would argue it's not the focus. :D)

No. My chocolate. Go away.
That is what I liked about the table top game as well. That there were rules and that if you broke rules of the coven, it was gloves off. And especially if you said the wrong thing. I knew that I wouldn't be returning to finish the second one (I was in the town for college and after a while, my grades and desire to pursue my major dropped), so I created a spoiled brat newborn child vampire that miraculously survived an onslaught that should have killed her in my last campaign. It took place in 19th century Britain.

Unfortunately, with my odd schedule about the most I'd be able to do is either a digital campaign or one where I can appear whenever. I'd like to do that again, but that would also involve finding someone with the materials and commuting somewhere to play...
The Girly-Wolf
With the crystalline structure of their cells and the fact that vague estimations of science are good
enough for canon, I think it'd actually be really fun if you could set them on fire with lasers. Can
you imagine it hitting their skin and then being reflected around inside their cells until they
combust from the inside?

Now that sounds like a good time.

Not even that, set fire to their eye or tongue and they'd combust from the inside out. Meyer said two things of note:

1) The venom is flammable
2) ALL body fluids are replaced with it.

So tears and saliva count.

My brother's short lecture on Twilight science fail one
Lecture number two
Essay three

Do note the reminder that diamonds sublime (jump straight from solid to gas) so in theory such a laser could, since Meyer has claimed that they have the same structure as a diamond, cause their skin to evaporate.

Beloved Shapeshifter

*Starts humming "Set fire to the rain" while changing the lyrics to "set fire to the vamps."

That could be an interesting parody and video, making the Twi vamps slowly combust to an Adele song/parody.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Suiseiten
That is what I liked about the table top game as well. That there were rules and that if you broke rules of the coven, it was gloves off. And especially if you said the wrong thing. I knew that I wouldn't be returning to finish the second one (I was in the town for college and after a while, my grades and desire to pursue my major dropped), so I created a spoiled brat newborn child vampire that miraculously survived an onslaught that should have killed her in my last campaign. It took place in 19th century Britain.

Unfortunately, with my odd schedule about the most I'd be able to do is either a digital campaign or one where I can appear whenever. I'd like to do that again, but that would also involve finding someone with the materials and commuting somewhere to play...

User Image

And I love stories like that. Intricate social structures and rigid rules and one small misstep ******** everything up is a really awesome knife's edge to walk, because it's constantly tense.

For instance, the Nosferatu. They're obviously not human, so they have to live in the sewers. Some of them (in Bloodlines) were movie stars and models, envious of their lost looks. If they were seen outside by a human, they could cause a panic, so they use the sewers as their main means of transportation.

I have a Skype Pathfinder group, and it's kind of hard to pay attention to what's going on because one, our group is huge, and two, most of the people involved like to talk over me. I'm best friends with the DM though, so he does try to make sure we all get to have fun and enjoy ourselves. There was a point where he had to split the group because two people were so focused on fighting amongst themselves that it was effectively making everyone else despise them being in the group. They were moved to another party, and the "sane" group was kept together.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
User Image

A friend of mine linked me to a video where a guy was talking about his experiences with DMing VtM, and there was a bit of nonsense going on with his players' characters where they would all dress in black leather, wear sunglasses at night, and carry katanas on their backs.

It eventually got to the point where he had the vampire hunters wise up and have a visual checklist of things to look for.

Which lead me to create a character that bucks all of those stereotypes for shits and giggles. Her name is Amelia, a curvy redhead who is fond of pastel colors and hippie-style clothing. She's a member of the Camarilla, and she keeps a flexible rapier in a gold bracelet shaped like a snake.

Yay for bucking stereotypes and trends!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas