Welcome to Gaia! ::

stay-ocean-minded
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded
She said do I get a reward for answering right? She thinks she is right but she isn't, it's her opinion.
And that means very little when put up against the fact that you're putting words in her mouth and think you have the right to feel some kind of way about the resulting interpretation that you got out of it. You don't. Besides, it's her opinion, of course it's right to her.

No it's not. Saying it's right in general is wrong because not everyone agrees with her. So wtf are you talking about?
What she said was that she grew out of the series. She feels that it's right to eventually grow out of it. How is that wrong? What, are you going to be 56 and still gushing over this series? Looking over where that post came from (hers) I feel that this is even more silly than it originally was. She asked if she would get a reward in a joking manner because another Gaian was eating chocolate and she wanted chocolate.

She was joking, jesuzpeniz. stare Stop putting words into her mouth. It was a joke, not a d**k, stop taking it so hard.

Partying Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded
She said do I get a reward for answering right? She thinks she is right but she isn't, it's her opinion.
And that means very little when put up against the fact that you're putting words in her mouth and think you have the right to feel some kind of way about the resulting interpretation that you got out of it. You don't. Besides, it's her opinion, of course it's right to her.

No it's not. Saying it's right in general is wrong because not everyone agrees with her. So wtf are you talking about?
What she said was that she grew out of the series. She feels that it's right to eventually grow out of it. How is that wrong? What, are you going to be 56 and still gushing over this series? Looking over where that post came from (hers) I feel that this is even more silly than it originally was. She asked if she would get a reward in a joking manner because another Gaian was eating chocolate and she wanted chocolate.

She was joking, jesuzpeniz. stare Stop putting words into her mouth. It was a joke, not a d**k, stop taking it so hard.

It's not physically possible to put words in someone's mouth. You know.
stay-ocean-minded
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded

And now you're just grasping at straws because you know that I'm right. You know what a metaphor is, don't act stupid.

Partying Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded

And now you're just grasping at straws because you know that I'm right. You know what a metaphor is, don't act stupid.

No, I always act like a smart a** but nice try, trying to read my life like it's a book and you know it. Cause I am pretty sure youd on't even know the first chapter of it.
stay-ocean-minded
No, I always act like a smart a** but nice try, trying to read my life like it's a book and you know it. Cause I am pretty sure youd on't even know the first chapter of it.
*stares* I swear you're quoting a song at me. That's how silly your response sounds, not to mention that it's irrelevant.

Partying Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded
*stares* I swear you're quoting a song at me. That's how silly your response sounds, not to mention that it's irrelevant.

Lmao, you have done it again. No, I didn't get that from song, I just made it up And it is relevant because you said: It was a metaphor, don't play stupid. And I responded with that statement because you think you know me; you think i am acting stupid and I am not therefore you don't know anything about me.
stay-ocean-minded
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded

Lmao, you have done it again. No, I didn't get that from song, I just made it up And it is relevant because you said: It was a metaphor, don't play stupid. And I responded with that statement because you think you know me; you think i am acting stupid and I am not therefore you don't know anything about me.
There you go putting words into my mouth. Why do you like putting your words into people's mouths and then getting upset about it? I never assumed I knew you.

Partying Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded
MuffinTheOrphan
stay-ocean-minded

There you go putting words into my mouth. Why do you like putting your words into people's mouths and then getting upset about it? I never assumed I knew you.

Oh my god, did I ever put words in your mouth? No, there you go assuming things. I didn't even have to say it because you already made your judgement thinking I put words in your mouth and I didn't.
stay-ocean-minded
Oh my god, did I ever put words in your mouth? No, there you go assuming things. I didn't even have to say it because you already made your judgement thinking I put words in your mouth and I didn't.

stay-ocean-minded
No, I always act like a smart a** but nice try, trying to read my life like it's a book and you know it.

stay-ocean-minded
Lmao, you have done it again. No, I didn't get that from song, I just made it up And it is relevant because you said: It was a metaphor, don't play stupid. And I responded with that statement because you think you know me.

These are the words that you were putting into my mouth. I never said I knew you at all yet you assumed right away just by basing it off of me saying that you must know what a metaphor is, that I was saying I knew you at all. So, yeah, you did put words in my mouth and overreacted on what you interpreted through my words.

Aged Lunatic

JazziLoveBerry

So a book with bad writing will end up on a bestseller for the New York Times or Times Magazine etc.?

Absolutely it can. It's called Best SELLER for a reason; it's hit the right market for it.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
GunsmithKitten
JazziLoveBerry

So a book with bad writing will end up on a bestseller for the New York Times or Times Magazine etc.?

Absolutely it can. It's called Best SELLER for a reason; it's hit the right market for it.

caligulasAquarium

I'm trying to figure out why people seem to think quantity = quality.

Crack, crystal meth and heroin make a boatload of cash, so by that logic, it must be good, right?

Just because something's "good" doesn't mean it'll "sell" well.

For instance, one of my favorite teen novels is Eternal, by Cynthia Leitich Smith. I was a little leery of it because one of the big-time reviewers said that "fans of Stephanie Meyer would love this book!", but I was bored and took a chance. I wasn't disappointed. I really liked the characters, it wasn't an abusive relationship, there were vampires portrayed in a new way while still keeping a good chunk of the traditional lore, ect.

But, it's not a New York Times Bestseller, last time I checked.

Then you have Twilight, which is written horribly, reads like you're wading through a swamp of fluff and sparkles, and portrays abusive behaviors (which several people have pointed out) in a good light, yet, it's still selling millions of copies.

*shrug* I don't get it.
            User Image
how old were you when you liked it and how old are you now?

i like twilight because it is a generally great love story about a great loving couple facing interesting problems. werewolves, vampires, humans. awesome!

i'm 22 and i won't grow out of this because there is nothing to grow out of. twilight (the movies) is great!
Minerva de Sade
GunsmithKitten
JazziLoveBerry

caligulasAquarium

I'm trying to figure out why people seem to think quantity = quality.

Crack, crystal meth and heroin make a boatload of cash, so by that logic, it must be good, right?

Just because something's "good" doesn't mean it'll "sell" well.

For instance, one of my favorite teen novels is Eternal, by Cynthia Leitich Smith. I was a little leery of it because one of the big-time reviewers said that "fans of Stephanie Meyer would love this book!", but I was bored and took a chance. I wasn't disappointed. I really liked the characters, it wasn't an abusive relationship, there were vampires portrayed in a new way while still keeping a good chunk of the traditional lore, ect.

But, it's not a New York Times Bestseller, last time I checked.

Then you have Twilight, which is written horribly, reads like you're wading through a swamp of fluff and sparkles, and portrays abusive behaviors (which several people have pointed out) in a good light, yet, it's still selling millions of copies.

*shrug* I don't get it.
            User Image

there is nothing even slightly abusive about twilight's relationship. i have no idea where everyone is getting this from.

but i'd love to see a movie about the other book you mentioned.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
random capooty
there is nothing even slightly abusive about twilight's relationship. i have no idea where everyone is getting this from.

caligulasAquarium

I'd rather not try to explain it myself, but here's a very good Case Against Edward Cullen

Essentially, the author goes over all of Edward's actions, and explains why they're abusive. She cites the books themselves, laws that explain what the crimes are, and why the actions Edward has taken are pretty much grounds to call him out as an abusive boyfriend.
            User Image
Minerva de Sade
random capooty

caligulasAquarium

I'd rather not try to explain it myself, but here's a very good Case Against Edward Cullen

Essentially, the author goes over all of Edward's actions, and explains why they're abusive. She cites the books themselves, laws that explain what the crimes are, and why the actions Edward has taken are pretty much grounds to call him out as an abusive boyfriend.
            User Image

explain it to me?

you don't have to but if you don't that just means that you have no idea and just relying on some link to do it for you.

EDWARD IS NOT AN ABUSIVE BF.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces