Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
Grace9988
RoniBaby
XxShinobi_Demon90xX
Omg, how could u even like TWILIGHT! It is the most retarded movie I have ever seen!!! I mean, sERIOUSLY!!! Edward Cullen is SO UGLY! He looks like hes super drunk, and looks like he hasnt taken a shower in AGES!!! eek During the whole "Harry Potter vs. Twilight" thing, Harry Potter would so win. That is the awesomest book series, AND movie series I have ever SEEN! HARRY POTTER FOR THE WIN!!!! whee

You mean you think Robert Pattinson looks ugly, looks super drunk, and looks like he hasn't taken a shower in ages.

How can you even like harry potter?

Harry Potter is actually good and ya u mean Robert Pattinson
Grace9988
Since I know this wasn't in my post, I'd like to know why you don't like Harry Potter. Do you feel that Twilight is better?
PrettyKittySummer
Grace9988
RoniBaby
XxShinobi_Demon90xX
Omg, how could u even like TWILIGHT! It is the most retarded movie I have ever seen!!! I mean, sERIOUSLY!!! Edward Cullen is SO UGLY! He looks like hes super drunk, and looks like he hasnt taken a shower in AGES!!! eek During the whole "Harry Potter vs. Twilight" thing, Harry Potter would so win. That is the awesomest book series, AND movie series I have ever SEEN! HARRY POTTER FOR THE WIN!!!! whee

You mean you think Robert Pattinson looks ugly, looks super drunk, and looks like he hasn't taken a shower in ages.

I know Harry Potter is good. Grace9988 asked how can someone like Harry Potter. I had said this;

Quote:
People like Twilight because they like Twilight. Just like not every one will like it, not every one will hate it or think it's retarded.
These are all your opinions and isn't very convincing if one where to look at it for reasons to hate Twilight. In fact, you haven't said why you hate Twilight.
RoniBaby
XxShinobi_Demon90xX

People like Twilight because they like Twilight. Just like not every one will like it, not every one will hate it or think it's retarded.
These are all your opinions and isn't very convincing if one where to look at it for reasons to hate Twilight. In fact, you haven't said why you hate Twilight.

Oh be quiet no one cares if they spell something wrong!!!! Ur a grammar nazi!....TWILIGHT SUCKS!!!!!! mad
PrettyKittySummer
Grace9988
RoniBaby
XxShinobi_Demon90xX

OMG HARRY POTTER IS FRIKIN AWESOME!!!!!!
iShikyo
RoniBaby
XxShinobi_Demon90xX

Oh be quiet no one cares if they spell something wrong!!!! Ur a grammar nazi!....TWILIGHT SUCKS!!!!!! mad

I happen to care. There goes your generalization.
iShikyo
RoniBaby
XxShinobi_Demon90xX

If I were a grammar Nazi I would've corrected your spelling. Which I didn't. What I corrected was the fact that Edward Cullen can't be ugly for he doesn't exist, (Well there is a Edward Cullen, the one we're talking about isn't that one) so on and so forth. If I were to be a grammar Nazi I'd do something like this:

Quote:
Omg, how could you even like Twilight? It is the most retarded movie I have ever seen!!! I mean, seriously! He looks like hes super drunk, and looks like he hasn't taken a shower in ages!!! eek During the whole "Harry Potter vs. Twilight" thing, Harry Potter would so win. That is the awesomest (not a word. Try most awesome)book series, and movie series I have ever SEEN! HARRY POTTER FOR THE WIN seen! Harry Potter for the win! (Capslock: Not needed all the time)!!!! Tip: The "!" mark isn't needed all the time.

Now, I didn't do that. Are you going to share with the class why you think Twilight sucks, or are you going to shout it to the roof tops just so people will know that you are apart of the antard group?
Why are we having this conversation again?
We've thoroughly established that Potter is more popular and better written than Twilight.

Sorry Twilight fans, but Twilight is never going to win. Stop trying.
Potter fans, stop being asses about it already.
Grace9988

Several reasons, dearie.
1: Intriguing plots. This means Rowling set up each story arc in a way that it catches your interest, then creates suspense as she builds the exposition. The climax in each book is exciting and fun to read, and coming down from it, Jo ties up as many loose ends as possible.

2: Intruguing subplots. The multitude of subplots the woman creates while not staggering too far from the main plot is simply astounding.

3: Interesting characters who develop and mature throughout the course of the series. Even side characters become important by the end of the series. Take Neville for example. In PS, he was a timid and forgetful boy who was picked on by many of his classmates. By the end of DH, Neville had become a very strong and brave young man who did his part in the battle, and gained respect from probably most of his peers.

4: Engaging writing style. Jo manages to give us details about many things, but doesn't bore us with it. Also, her vocabulary is just enough to test young readers or impress advanced ones.

5: Ageless themes. Most people, whether young or old, can understand things like the strength of true friendship, the meaning of selfless love, the value of courage in the face of danger, and the power of knowledge and wisdom, just to name a few. It is a coming of age story that can fill young children with hope and inspiration, and make older readers smile at memories of when they were young.

So really, Harry Potter is a lovely and engaging story that Jo Rowling has blessed us with. Personally, I look foward to sharing this story with future genetarions to give them the wonderful feelings I have every time I read it.
Simply put, Harry Potter is wonderful.
RoniBaby
Grace9988
Since I know this wasn't in my post, I'd like to know why you don't like Harry Potter. Do you feel that Twilight is better?

Ok but everyone always asks me how can I like twilight and it's the same as someone liking harry potter
Grace9988
RoniBaby
Grace9988

Ok but everyone always asks me how can I like twilight and it's the same as someone liking harry potter

You need to learn how to ask a question properly.
You wanted to ask why they like Harry Potter, not how can they.
Believe it or not, those sentences do not mean the same thing.
Grace9988
RoniBaby
Grace9988

That isn't the same. What you asked was how can someone like Harry Potter, like you feel that Harry Potter was bad in some way and Twilight is the obvious choice between these two book and movie wise.
When people ask you how come you like Twilight they're not asking how can you, they're just asking why, what are your reasons.

5,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
rolleyes I agree. I'm not some overboard chic that knows every word, of every line of the Twilight saga. I've read one or two books from both series and I have to admit they are pretty good. Im sure there are some twilight haters everywhere with no justifiable reason to hate it. I like both Harry Potter and Twilight . I like Jacob and Ron the best but other than that.......i dont give a crap.( but if i did i would say people should grow up and stop bickering about somthing this meaningless.)
sparkle_toy
Grace9988
I love twilight and don't think edward cullen or robert pattinson is ugly and I don't like harry potter

I agree.I'm not some overboard chic that knows every word of every line of the twilight saga. I've read one or two books and I have to admit they are pretty good. Im sure there are twilight haters everywhere with no justifiable reason to hate it. . I like both harry potter and Twilight . I like Jacob and Ron the best but other than that.......i dont give a crap.
It's not a saga.
Why do you think people who claim to dislike/hate Twilight and its later installments have no justifiable reason? That's insulting and that is generalizing. You can't possibly know Twilight haters in the general vicinity of 'everywhere' and you don't know their reasons for not liking the books.
What about the books(Twilight, not Harry Potter) do you think was good? What two books have you read?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff