< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
caligulasAquarium

Pick one.

Pretty much just about anything Leah says makes me love her even more. (Both in the book and on the TSF! 8D) Which is hilarious, considering Meyer tryed to make her a snarky b***h that you were supposed to hate.
            User Image

Quote:
            I wasn’t born a compassionless shrew. I used to be sort of nice, you know.

Breaking Dawn, Chapter 16, p.316

Prodigal Mage

Minerva de Sade
caligulasAquarium

Pick one.

Pretty much just about anything Leah says makes me love her even more. (Both in the book and on the TSF! 8D) Which is hilarious, considering Meyer tryed to make her a snarky b***h that you were supposed to hate.
            User Image

Quote:
            I wasn’t born a compassionless shrew. I used to be sort of nice, you know.

Breaking Dawn, Chapter 16, p.316

Reading through those quotes, you'd almost think that Meyer was a decent writer. It's weird. Too bad Leah wasn't the main character.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
haunting heaven
Reading through those quotes, you'd almost think that Meyer was a decent writer. It's weird. Too bad Leah wasn't the main character.

caligulasAquarium

But Meyer couldn't make Leah the main character! She's not a woman because she can't have babies! And she wouldn't love Edward like only Bella can!

That was almost literally painful to write.
            User Image

Prodigal Mage

Minerva de Sade
caligulasAquarium

But Meyer couldn't make Leah the main character! She's not a woman because she can't have babies! And she wouldn't love Edward like only Bella can!

That was almost literally painful to write.
            User Image

Heh. This made me laugh because, sadly, if someone did ask her what the story would be like with Leah as the main character, it probably wouldn't occur to her that Edward could be written as something other than the protagonist's love interest.

5,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
she writes the dialogues of all characters right.they are often awesome.

Byoushinou's Waifu

Squad Mage

26,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
Pretty much everything that Leah says in the books. It's really the only character I like.

Also, it's just me or does Emmet look more and more like Spock in the OP first post?
Charatka_nyo
Pretty much everything that Leah says in the books. It's really the only character I like.

Also, it's just me or does Emmet look more and more like Spock in the OP first post?

HABIT SPEAKS...

IT'S NOT JUST YOU, I NOTICED AND SMILED BIG. SOMETHING LIKE THE GIF IN MY SIG.

....YOU MAY GO BACK TO LIVING YOUR FOOLISH LIVES NOW

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
haunting heaven
Heh. This made me laugh because, sadly, if someone did ask her what the story would be like with Leah as the main character, it probably wouldn't occur to her that Edward could be written as something other than the protagonist's love interest.

caligulasAquarium

Eeeyup.

Meyer's so infatuated with her own creation, that it would be literally impossible for her to accept any changes to it. Or to even fathom that her main characters shouldn't be main characters.
            User Image

Prodigal Mage

Minerva de Sade
haunting heaven

caligulasAquarium

Eeeyup.

Meyer's so infatuated with her own creation, that it would be literally impossible for her to accept any changes to it. Or to even fathom that her main characters shouldn't be main characters.
            User Image

On the one hand, I can relate with that. I have a tough time killing off my characters--even when it's necessary to the story--because I like them too much. On the other, though, I'm constantly rearranging characters and their roles to fit them into what works best, so Meyer doesn't get much sympathy from me.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
haunting heaven
On the one hand, I can relate with that. I have a tough time killing off my characters--even when it's necessary to the story--because I like them too much. On the other, though, I'm constantly rearranging characters and their roles to fit them into what works best, so Meyer doesn't get much sympathy from me.

caligulasAquarium

I can totally agree there. I haven't done much writing for myself lately (school sucks up all my creativity as of late), but I do know how it is to have to kill a character off or cause them any sort of pain. They're your creations, and there's a sort of (I guess you can call it) maternal instinct to keep them safe and happy.

But, on the other hand, they need to go through trials and tribulations to actually achieve that happiness and/or safety. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? And if it does kill them, at least it will go towards a greater good, or serve some sort of purpose.
            User Image

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
love_myths
you guys are telling quotes that i didnt know existed exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim
hmm...in my country breaking dawn part two isnt out....so^isnt surprising.

caligulasAquarium

Breaking Dawn part 2 isn't out anywhere yet. The first part, however, is out in certain countries.User Image

5,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
really thats news.i have seen the first part.didnt know that the second wasnt out anywhere...........thanks for informing me.I pity Leah.a bit.

Prodigal Mage

Minerva de Sade
caligulasAquarium

I can totally agree there. I haven't done much writing for myself lately (school sucks up all my creativity as of late), but I do know how it is to have to kill a character off or cause them any sort of pain. They're your creations, and there's a sort of (I guess you can call it) maternal instinct to keep them safe and happy.

But, on the other hand, they need to go through trials and tribulations to actually achieve that happiness and/or safety. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? And if it does kill them, at least it will go towards a greater good, or serve some sort of purpose.
            User Image

I've actually never had much of an issue with causing them pain. As long as it doesn't ultimately result in their demise, I'm cool with putting them through hell. I just hate to kill them because then I lose a character that I enjoy writing about, and then I start thinking, "What if I need this character later? I'm going to have to go back and rewrite all this crap or use some kind of sketchy excuse as to how she/he didn't die/came back to life..."

Anyways, yes, I agree. Plus, if a character didn't go through trials and tribulations, there wouldn't be much of a story.

Byoushinou's Waifu

Squad Mage

26,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
BREAKING THE HABITS
Charatka_nyo

HABIT SPEAKS...

IT'S NOT JUST YOU, I NOTICED AND SMILED BIG. SOMETHING LIKE THE GIF IN MY SIG.

....YOU MAY GO BACK TO LIVING YOUR FOOLISH LIVES NOW
Glad I'm not the only one. I wonder if this was done or purporse. Star Trek is something Emmet would enjoy, I think.

Friendly Werewolf

3,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
ok here is one from the Movie Eclipes

Jacob: she broke(sp) her hand ........punching my face.

i just love the way he says it xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces