Welcome to Gaia! ::

NightfallDuet
I love Bella, Edwerd and Jackeb. I'm thinking of writing a fanfiction based on their adventures in the the land of Whoville. I'm having Dr. Suess help me out with the plot ideas and stuff.

That's either going to wildly awesome or a TOTAL FAILURE. I hope it's the former.

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
Suiseiten
XxRainflowerxX
Not everyone, quite a large number of people detest all three. Me, I'm ok with bella...she's annoying and whiny, but she does her chores and I suppose she's alright. I hate Edward, and I'm dislike Jacob.
And she locks herself in her room for at least three months after Edward left her. I have zero respect for a spoiled brat like her who gets the world handed to her on an oyster shell and treats those who care about her as if they're expendable unless they sparkle and can die only by being shredded or set on fire. It's not even a monster thing- she used Jacob even more than her high school clique! So, having to read as her and try to develop any sympathy for her "logic" pisses me off!

Uh whoops, I didn't read new moon or anything of the books after twilight so I wouldn't know. I mean, twilight alone was torture for me to read through, the main character's existence was pointless and I knew what was going to happen anyway, so I decided not to condemn myself to the doom of reading the other books in the series biggrin

Beloved Shapeshifter

XxRainflowerxX
Suiseiten
XxRainflowerxX
Not everyone, quite a large number of people detest all three. Me, I'm ok with bella...she's annoying and whiny, but she does her chores and I suppose she's alright. I hate Edward, and I'm dislike Jacob.
And she locks herself in her room for at least three months after Edward left her. I have zero respect for a spoiled brat like her who gets the world handed to her on an oyster shell and treats those who care about her as if they're expendable unless they sparkle and can die only by being shredded or set on fire. It's not even a monster thing- she used Jacob even more than her high school clique! So, having to read as her and try to develop any sympathy for her "logic" pisses me off!

Uh whoops, I didn't read new moon or anything of the books after twilight so I wouldn't know. I mean, twilight alone was torture for me to read through, the main character's existence was pointless and I knew what was going to happen anyway, so I decided not to condemn myself to the doom of reading the other books in the series biggrin
Meh, I really didn't read it. I only will ever watch the movies since I refuse to be sucked into Bella and SMeyer's fail logic. I tried to read the books as part of a yet unfulfilled bet I gave up because it lost meaning (That being, I'll read Twilight if I don't do as good as the person I was dating on my finals and he'd read Junjo Romantica if I won. I'm not dating him anymore and there are series that I prefer reading much more and that aren't painful to read). I was initially going to stop at the first one, but somewhere along the way, I got bored and watched New Moon. Some of it was because I grew tired of taking the cliff diving (albeit still stupid of Bella) scene out of context, another part of it was so that I could keep up with some of the conversations when I was more of a regular here.

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
Suiseiten
Meh, I really didn't read it. I only will ever watch the movies since I refuse to be sucked into Bella and SMeyer's fail logic. I tried to read the books as part of a yet unfulfilled bet I gave up because it lost meaning (That being, I'll read Twilight if I don't do as good as the person I was dating on my finals and he'd read Junjo Romantica if I won. I'm not dating him anymore and there are series that I prefer reading much more and that aren't painful to read). I was initially going to stop at the first one, but somewhere along the way, I got bored and watched New Moon. Some of it was because I grew tired of taking the cliff diving (albeit still stupid of Bella) scene out of context, another part of it was so that I could keep up with some of the conversations when I was more of a regular here.

Lol, I see biggrin

Clean Genius

daymarie1
every one loves bella edwerd and jackeb xp

I love them, but what's your point? (Not trying to be mean though.)
Bella's a mary sue
yah they're cool.
except jacob. i guess he is cool, but his jealousy and brute dumbassery kills it.

Dangerous Giver

9,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Hey OP, can you tell me in objective terms on why everyone loves them?

Aged Lunatic

My thoughts summed up on Bella. Not my exact words, but the author of them said them better than I could.

I remembered what I was going to say about harlequin romance novels, and how they differ from Twilight. The “saga” is really amazingly unsatisfying in that there isn’t much sex at all. I hesitate to call it a chaste romance– it’s not– since they both clearly want to screw like jackrabbits. It’s not a question of “will they, won’t they,” because they will, it’s just a question of “when they,” or…”how they,” since a major subplot of the movie is Bella and Edward negotiating when exactly he’s going to snake his tiny, sparkling little undead wiener in her, and Edward’s puzzling, borderline suspicious hesitation to even step up to the plate, much less go for first base. He continues to plead that it’s “too dangerous,” whether it’s because of his physical strength (ever hear of riding cowgirl?), or his own conflicting passions for blood (which is never really adequately expressed beyond stammering and him mumbling, “I can’t…not now…”). A smarter book might have explained the insatiable, desperate vampiric thirst and how he would lose control in the heat of the moment…ugh, just thinking about it makes me puke a little. But their reluctance to having sex until marriage is more a matter of physical limitations (Superman/Lois metaphor?) than any kind of moral hangups. They WANT to, they just can’t.

And that smacks of just plain lazy, uncreative writing. Trust me, a lusty couple would work something out. They’re called handjobs. Get a vibrator, Edward. This isn’t complicated, and this whole sheepish, “we mustn’t for I have the strength of a hundred douchebags and I might harm you with my vampiro-c**k and its mighty shotgun load” routine spells “limp d**k bore” to me. If Edward’s had a hundred years to learn how to love, you’d think he could have spent one of those to learn how to go down on a girl. For ******** sake.

The other thing that baffled me was the constant reminders from every peripheral character about all the things Bella would be sacrificing to be with Edward. Charlie, her school friend, Jacob, Bella’s mother, all give touching speeches about how they value companionship, the rich experiences of a normal life, growing old with someone and having grandchildren, making mistakes and learning from them, being enriched by family and all the highs and lows over the passage of time…and with Bella, it’s in one ear and out the other. She never even pauses for a second to rethink her decision. Not. One. Second. Again, perhaps a smarter novel would have made this into a very tragic story, where a young girl allows her lusts and passions to blind her into making a devastating and eternally damning decision, forever hating herself for her own ignorance and for not listening to people she should have trusted. Instead, the movie seems to imply that nobody understands Bella, that they’re being closed-minded or perhaps they could never understand what Bella’s going through, since they’ve never experienced a love as true and pure as her love for Edward.

No, I’m serious. I’m not making this up.

Despite all these perfectly well-reasoned arguments (so reasonable, in fact, I have to question aloud whether or not it was actually in the book), Bella enthusiastically discards her friends, family, any hope for a normal life, her loving mother and devoted father, and any chance at ever being integrated into society… for Edward Cullen. And all this leads back to my initial search for one thing, just One Thing connecting Edward and Bella besides their desire to ********. Give me something. Give me anything. I’ll take it and run. With a romance story, you have to be able to somehow justify this blind, utter devotion to a person beyond purely physical or chemical terms. And no, “he gives her stuff” is not a basis for a relationship. At least, not the kind you’d swoon over.

You know, the more I think about Bella, the more shocked and appalled I am at her behavior. Throughout the movies she displays a neediness and selfishness that verges on sociopathic, almost as if she can’t even begin to comprehend the feelings of others as she leaves misery and broken hearts in her wake– and not just of her potential paramours. Think about her father, Charlie, and all the melodrama he has to put up with. She regularly comes home battered, bruised, and beaten, but answers his honest concerns only with lies. She disappears into the woods, collapses from exhaustion and exposure, causing him to mobilize a town-wide search for her ******** dead body, and returns with absolutely no explanation. Then she drops everything to flee to Italy for an indeterminate amount of time, and even the vampire Alice voices more concern for Charlie’s feelings than Bella does. Her hopeless, helpless, ******** attitude veers beyond mere misogyny and becomes truly grotesque.

Think about her friends and her mother, whose lives would be devastated if her suicidal thrill-seeking ended her life. Does she care? No, because she can’t see beyond her own needs, acting for months like a petulant child denied her favorite toy. When it becomes clear that becoming a vampire would call off the truce between the Cullens and the werewolves, does Bella care that her incessant demands to become a vampire would therefore put the Cullens (who she claims to care about) in constant, mortal danger? No. Does she care that people are dying, being torn apart by wolves, sucked dry by vengeful vampires, all because she doesn’t have the good sense to get away from undead monsters? No. Does she care that her dad, who dotes on her constantly (only God knows why) has to clean up after these bodies? No. Does she even spare a moment to consider Edward’s feelings against turning her into a monster like him? No.
In fact, her desire to become a vampire is completely selfish as well. She’s worried about getting old, fat, and wrinkly like everyone else, and damn it, that’s not fair! Why should Edward stay young and dreamy for all eternity, and not ME? ME, ME, ME! Even once Edward has gone, I don’t think her pissy mood has as much to do with being alone as hating the thought that Edward could possibly be happy without her.

Anyone who relates to this girl is incredibly disturbed and needs some serious mental help. Anyone who’s ever been in love has perhaps wrestled with the same feelings, the same neediness that Bella experiences in these movies, but good lord, it’s a high school crush. We got over it. We moved on. Sure, that first love and that first loss were hell, but we got a ******** grip on our lives and moved on. You should never have to beg for love, and if you do, it ain’t love.
i do like them all.

only jacob needs to back off and let edward and bella be, it's getting quite pathetic.
im not a big twilight fan the only reason i watched all of them was because my friend wouldent go alone to the cinema .........i like Bella a bit ..... Jakob less ...... and Eddie well i think he is a weird emo kid who needs a tan.

Noob

I smell a troll.

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Scarlet-Aphrodite-Summers
No actually, every time one of them talks i just feel like

…………………………………………………………………………………………………...__,,,---~''¯',
……………………_,,,----,…………………………………………………………………___,,,---~~''¯¯ . . . . . . ,/'
…………….._,-~'¯ ; ; ; ; ;',----,……………………………………………………….,~'' . . . . . . . . . . __,-~~'¯
………,_,-~'¯; ; ; ; ;,-'¯¯¯'' '¯~',|,……………………………………………….._,-~' . . . . . . . ._,--~'''¯¯
…… '¯¯; ; ; ; ; ;_. ,/' . . .¯'o~- '|…………………………………………_,-~-~'¯ . , . . . . ¯¯, . . ',
……¯¯,-~*_ . /' . '| . . . . . . . .'…………………………………_,-~*'¯,/',/' . . . . .¯¯¯'~----,,,,,,, .',
………..¯¯--, .', . . . . . . ,--~-,' '|…………………………_,-~*'¯ ; ;;;;; | .| . . . . . . . . . . . : . .|¯'*| .|
……………..",-'¯''|, . . .,/' ¯¯'-/'/………………….._,-~'¯¯; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;; '| .'| . . . . . . . . . .___,,--~'~''|
……………….| . . ', . . ',; ; ;|/'.__,-~~--,_,/'¯¯'~'¯; ; ;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; '|,', ---,_,,---~'''¯''~''''¯¯,--~/''
………………/'____ '''`~-,,,--~'''¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; /' ; ;;;;; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;', .'~-,,-~''~---~''''~---~~'''¯
…………….,/'¯', . .¯¯,~';;;;;;; ; ;/' ; ; ; ; ; ;;;;;/ ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'~,--~''¯¯';,/'
…………..,/',--,-~',_,~'' ;/';;;;;;;;;/';; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'~-,_,/'/'
……….,,~'| /' /' . ,~'~-,;;;;;;;;;;;;|;; ;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ;,__,,,,,,-----~~'''¯
……,~'' ,/'/'/ : | .,/';;;,~';;;;;;;;;;;;',;;;;;; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;_,-~''¯¯
….,/' ;,/;;;|' : neutral ,/';;-~' ¯¯¯ ;;;;;;;;;;'', ; ; ;;;;;;; ;_,,,---~~'''¯¯
…,|;;;;'|;;;| :,/';;,~' |;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ';;;;; ; ;;,/'
…|';;;;;'|;;| /',~';;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;''~-~''¯/
..,|;|;;;;;;||/';;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;/'
,/'|;'|;;;;;;,|';;;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ;,/' OBJECTION!
;;;|;|;;;;,|';;;;;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ;,/'
;;;|;|;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,/'
;;|';|;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ;|' NO ONE GIVES A s**t!!!
;;| |;;;;'|;;;;;;;;;;;'|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; |'
;;| |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ;
I Do. I;
Minerva de Sade
caligulasAquarium

I don't know who Jakeb is, but if Meyer wrote him, chances are I won't like him.

All joking aside, no, not "every, one" likes Bella, Edward or Jacob. I never liked the first two, and I only liked Jacob pre-Eclipse.

That's where Meyer, in a fit of jealous rage that her readers DARE like him over Eddiekins, twisted, morphed, and destroyed his character to make him seem horrible and awful so Edward would look oh-so-better.
            User Image

Did she actually do that?

Wow.

Just.... Wow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items