Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Shapeshifter

Lukan Wolf
Suiseiten
Lukan Wolf
I know that this going off topic and a little silly to say, but it would appear that Assbut's thread is now gone. My best guess is that it got deleted. I can only hope that he's gone as well.
Yeah, I reported it yesterday because it really crossed a line in my eyes. I can't stand people who say anyone deserves what he was talking about out of butthurt and claims it to be winning. So, more than likely (unless he goes through a cafe or library with another mule) he won't be here for 3-14 days. However they do their banning system.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. He was taking it too far and being a vindictive scumbag. And that fact that he thinks that what he was saying was okay, just makes it worse. Though I hope that he stays away longer. I really don't want to deal with all his poisonous garbage any time soon (or just don't want to deal with it ever again).
That was the big kicker to why I stopped replying for a while. The whole Mary Poppins character development was one thing. Hell, I found myself laughing at how ridiculous and overpowered he claimed the character to be and had hoped for him to concede that there was at least an equal (though a very long stretch), but when he started tossing those toxic comments around, it was too much.

Here's to hoping for a humorous troll or to something to put some color into this monochromatic forum. *raises a glass*

Beloved Shapeshifter

Minerva de Sade
Lukan Wolf
They did? Oh cool, then I'm not the only one to think about it. (I'd like to see that post.) Though yeah, it is an awesome train of thought. Also, it makes more sense than the Twivamps having venom.

User Image

That post is really old, but I do remember talking with her about it on a really old thread. : /

I suppose if she comes back here, you could ask her about it.

No. My chocolate. Go away.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/twilight-saga/what-makes-edward-s-sperm-so-sacred/t.71260893_1/

Was it in this one? I did a search and there were three successful "Edward's Sperm" threads. :3

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Suiseiten
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/twilight-saga/what-makes-edward-s-sperm-so-sacred/t.71260893_1/

Was it in this one? I did a search and there were three successful "Edward's Sperm" threads. :3

User Image

I meant that Kiba mentioned the whole "it might not be venom but a virus" thing. sweatdrop

Beloved Shapeshifter

Minerva de Sade
Suiseiten

User Image

I meant that Kiba mentioned the whole "it might not be venom but a virus" thing. sweatdrop

Gotcha. sweatdrop Sorry, it would appear that my lurking and long absences really haven't helped me keep up. u_u

In a relationship with Cyberweasel89

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Minerva de Sade
Lukan Wolf
They did? Oh cool, then I'm not the only one to think about it. (I'd like to see that post.) Though yeah, it is an awesome train of thought. Also, it makes more sense than the Twivamps having venom.

User Image

That post is really old, but I do remember talking with her about it on a really old thread. : /

I suppose if she comes back here, you could ask her about it.

Oh okay, thank you~

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Suiseiten
Lukan Wolf
Suiseiten
Lukan Wolf
I know that this going off topic and a little silly to say, but it would appear that Assbut's thread is now gone. My best guess is that it got deleted. I can only hope that he's gone as well.
Yeah, I reported it yesterday because it really crossed a line in my eyes. I can't stand people who say anyone deserves what he was talking about out of butthurt and claims it to be winning. So, more than likely (unless he goes through a cafe or library with another mule) he won't be here for 3-14 days. However they do their banning system.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. He was taking it too far and being a vindictive scumbag. And that fact that he thinks that what he was saying was okay, just makes it worse. Though I hope that he stays away longer. I really don't want to deal with all his poisonous garbage any time soon (or just don't want to deal with it ever again).
That was the big kicker to why I stopped replying for a while. The whole Mary Poppins character development was one thing. Hell, I found myself laughing at how ridiculous and overpowered he claimed the character to be and had hoped for him to concede that there was at least an equal (though a very long stretch), but when he started tossing those toxic comments around, it was too much.

Here's to hoping for a humorous troll or to something to put some color into this monochromatic forum. *raises a glass*

Agreed, his overpowered Mary-Sue was amusing. Then it got pathetic. I pointed out his character sounded a lot like Kars from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (mind you he did get defeated by the main character, but only by sheer dumb luck) because Kars is an all powerful vampire. (Though unlike "Mary Poppins", he became as powerful as a god, and wasn't born as such.) I went even further by pointing how ridiculous he was being; that no character be all powerful with no equal, and asked why he kept acting like a five year old going "no my guy is better than yours because he's mine" when he himself had stated earlier that he didn't care about his overpowered Mary-Sue and that he found all powerful characters with no equal to be annoying. He just ignored me and kept going on about how "Mary Poppins" has no equal, and that his character would beat Kars and turn him human.

And then, as you have said, his comments started to get real toxic. It got to the point where I went '******** it, this douche isn't even worth the effort to get mad at anymore.' He had gotten so pathetic that it wasn't even worth taking him seriously and having a conversation with him. I was ready to get my troll on. Well now I can't. I don't know if I should be grateful or annoyed. (I think that I should probably feel grateful.)

As for a humorous troll, I know of one. I see him time from time and we get into non-serious argument using GIFs and images. Though I tend to find him on Homestuck threads, so I don't know if he ever goes on Twilight threads since I have yet to see him on one.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
        I think it's high time to bring this back up. (Read: I'm bored, and I saw a new list of abusive behaviors I wanted to include in this list/discuss with all of you.)

I was scrolling my tumblr dashboard, and this wonderful, comprehensive list (which was a response to a question from someone asking about abusive behaviors) from a blog called "mental-health-advice" came up, with a list of other abusive behaviors that we haven't covered (and descriptions thereof.)

Apologies if we've already covered this, but feel free to add to it, or correct me if I'm mistaken!

mental-heath-advice.tumblr.com
        Abusive Expectations - Makes impossible demands, requires constant attention, and constantly criticizes.

Edward does seem to make impossible demands of Bella quite frequently in the series, ranging from "Don't go see Jacob", "Lie to your father", "Forget I ever existed", and "Abort our baby".

He doesn't seem to need or require constant attention, but from the way he controls Bella's actions, it's hard to say that he doesn't want it. (Especially in the first book after he tells her he "can't stay away from her".

He does also criticize her quite frequently, the biggest thing being that Bella "doesn't know what she's doing".

Quote:
        Aggressing - Name calling, accusing, blames, threatens or gives orders, and often disguised as a judgmental “I know best” or “helping” attitude.

Edward has threatened Bella more than once with his strength, and he does blame her for a lot of the misfortune that falls upon them during the series. (Bella even starts to blame herself. We see this in the first chapter of New Moon.)

On top of all of his other behaviors, the fans defend Edward's actions with "He knows best!" and "He's just trying to help!".

Quote:
        Constant Chaos - Deliberately starts arguments with you or others. May treat you well in front of others, but changes when you’re alone.

*coughcough*Jacob*coughcough*

He treats Bella properly when he's in front of Charlie and other humans, but when they're only with vampires or vampires and shapeshifters, he does tend to treat her way differently.

Quote:
        Rejecting - Refusing to acknowledge a person’s value, worth or presence. Communicating that he or she is useless or inferior or devaluing his or her thoughts and feelings.

The whole human/vampire dichotomy fits this perfectly. "You're just a human! What can you do?" is a running theme in the series.

Quote:
        Denying - Denies personal needs (especially when need is greatest) with the intent of causing hurt or as punishment. Uses silent treatment as punishment. Denies certain events happened or things that were said. Denies your perceptions, memory and sanity by disallowing any viewpoints other than their own which causes self-doubt, confusion, and loss of self-esteem.

The whole beginning of New Moon, right here.

"Forget I exist. I almost got you killed, so you need to forget about us. Also, I'm going to steal everything I've ever given you and try to erase myself from your life."

Quote:
        Degrading - Any behavior that diminishes the identity, worth or dignity of the person such as: name-calling, mocking, teasing, insulting, ridiculing.

I think I covered this before, but again: Humans are lesser than Vampires in the TwiVerse, and Edward makes it abundantly clear.

Quote:
        Emotional Blackmail - Uses guilt, compassion, or fear to get what he or she wants.

Edward does threaten Bella with physical force, and he does use blackmail to get her married to him.

Quote:
        Terrorizing - Inducing intense fear or terror in a person, by threats or coercion.

Breaking off tree limbs, putting his fist through a television, snarling and snapping at people. Bella makes mention of being afraid of him constantly.

Quote:
        Invalidation - Attempts to distort your perception of the world by refusing to acknowledge your personal reality. Says that your emotions and perceptions aren't real and shouldn't be trusted.

Can't say I can call Edward out on this, but Meyer seems to have made it so Bella can't find her own lips at times, so I'm not sure.

Quote:
        Isolating - Reducing or restricting freedom and normal contact with others.

Having Alice kidnap Bella, keeping her away from Jacob, having her lie to her father so she can go to Arizona with him, saying he doesn't like the way the human boys look at her, ect.

Quote:
        Corrupting - Convincing a person to accept and engage in illegal activities.

"Hey Bella, we're going to give these vampires fast cars so they can all go kill people while we hunt possibly endangered wildlife and use Alice's powers to cheat people out of their money in the stock market!"

Quote:
        Exploiting - Using a person for advantage or profit.

Again, the whole marriage thing. Edward uses Bella's desire to become a vampire to get her hitched to him for all eternity.

Quote:
        Minimizing - A less extreme form of denial that trivializes something you've expressed as unimportant or inconsequential.

Lukan Wolf Edit: At the end of the first Twilight book, Bella (understandably) doesn't want to go to prom on a broken leg, but Edward tells her she's acting like a child and makes her go anyway.

Quote:
        Unpredictable Responses - Gets angry and upset in a situation that would normally not warrant a response. You walk around on eggshells to avoid any unnecessary drama over innocent comments you make. Drastic mood swings and outbursts.

Fist through the TV, anyone?

Quote:
        Gaslighting -A form of psychological abuse involving the manipulation of situations or events that cause a person to be confused or to doubt his perceptions and memories. Gaslighting causes victims to constantly second-guess themselves and wonder if they’re losing their minds.

Don't know if Edward's guilty of this, but we can sure call Jasper out on it, can't we?

Click. Click. Boom.User Image

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Minerva de Sade

Quote:
        Minimizing - A less extreme form of denial that trivializes something you've expressed as unimportant or inconsequential.

Edward has done this before, but I can't quite remember where. Can anyone point it out to me?

Click. Click. Boom.User Image

He did something like that at the end of the first book where he dragged Bella to prom when she had a broken leg. She pitched a fit about it with tears and everything, and rightly so, but Edward dismissed it and said that she was acting like a child for no reason. Or at least something along those lines.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff