Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charitable Conversationalist

12,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
haunting heaven
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Yes, they do. A guy named Crispin Freeman does Alucards voice and Takahata's version sounds a lot like his. The rest of the characters are all British except for Luke and Jan.

Awesome--my brother and I watched the first two episodes last night. c:

People always tell me that the subbed versions of anime are always better than the dubbed versions, but I hate having to read subtitles. It makes me concentrate too hard on what the characters are saying and not enough on what they are actually doing.

I'm not sure which VA it was, but one of the VAs for the Hellsing dub said he likes watching the subs more than the dubs, but didn't mind watching Hellsing in English because they were in England, so it made more sense.

Super Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
haunting heaven
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Yes, they do. A guy named Crispin Freeman does Alucards voice and Takahata's version sounds a lot like his. The rest of the characters are all British except for Luke and Jan.

Awesome--my brother and I watched the first two episodes last night. c:

People always tell me that the subbed versions of anime are always better than the dubbed versions, but I hate having to read subtitles. It makes me concentrate too hard on what the characters are saying and not enough on what they are actually doing.

Me, I like both from time to time, when first watching an anime I will always try to find an English dub because I often have to pause and read, then resume because I'm a slow reader. For Hellsing especially though I prefer the English because all of the voice cast are pretty talented.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games