Welcome to Gaia! ::

Astra Ironwolf
Thrun teh magical cat
Astra Ironwolf
They both have their good points. I kind of liked that we got to see more of the non-Bella/Edward/Jacob characters in the movies.
It won't be called Twilight if it wasn't base on Bella/Edward/Jacob. It will be like a shitty spin-off that no one care.

a) Nothing in the word "Twilight" explicitly implies that a story titled "Twilight" must be based on characters named Bella, Edward, and Jacob. If the series were titled, "Bella, Edward and Jacob's Super Smexy Fun Tiems!", then you'd be correct.
b) I didn't say that the movies shouldn't be based around Bella/Edward/Jacob. I merely said that I enjoyed seeing more of the ancillary characters. They add extra flavor to the story.
c) As far as I know, being civil to people that you disagree with hasn't killed anyone. Try it sometime.
1) What she means if that it wouldn't be Twilight if it's be all end all wasn't Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Without them, Twilight would be nothing because it indeed is about them and their stupid relationship that really isn't a love triangle, no matter what anyone says.
2) Seeing more of the characters that weren't Bella, Edward, or Jacob didn't really add anything. They just took up space.
blackheartgirl2
Books are always better than the movies. I didn't even watch the movies because the trailers seemed too different from the books.
Books aren't always better than their movie counterparts. If you could give an example of this that isn't Twilight then that would be swell.

Also, the same thing happened in the movies that happened in the books. The only different thing is that Bella isn't bitching about everything and the movie dialogue is not 90% Bella's thoughts like the books are.
MuffinTheOrphan
blackheartgirl2
Books are always better than the movies. I didn't even watch the movies because the trailers seemed too different from the books.
Books aren't always better than their movie counterparts. If you could give an example of this that isn't Twilight then that would be swell.

Also, the same thing happened in the movies that happened in the books. The only different thing is that Bella isn't bitching about everything and the movie dialogue is not 90% Bella's thoughts like the books are.

I liked all of the harry potter books over the moves.
also the series of unfortunate events. The books were better than the movie.

I can't think of more at the moment but in general i have liked the books more than the movies.
blackheartgirl2
MuffinTheOrphan
blackheartgirl2

I can't think of more at the moment but in general i have liked the books more than the movies.
I would never say either of those series were bad or say anything negative about them. I thought their movie adaptions were magnificent.

Can you say how they're better or you just prefer books over movies?
MuffinTheOrphan
blackheartgirl2
MuffinTheOrphan
blackheartgirl2

I would never say either of those series were bad or say anything negative about them. I thought their movie adaptions were magnificent.

In general i would rather read a book than watch a movie, but i'm really picky on the small things in movies that don't match up to the books. I can't think of any off the top of my head but every time i watch a harry potter movie i am comparing it to the book. The movies are not always bad but to me, compared to the books they are not as good.
blackheartgirl2
MuffinTheOrphan
blackheartgirl2
MuffinTheOrphan
blackheartgirl2

In general i would rather read a book than watch a movie, but i'm really picky on the small things in movies that don't match up to the books. I can't think of any off the top of my head but every time i watch a harry potter movie i am comparing it to the book. The movies are not always bad but to me, compared to the books they are not as good.
When I'm watching a movie adaption of a book that I read before watching the movie (or the other way around) I tend to focus on if the movie adaption told the story as well as the book or if the book was just as good as the movie.

I never really notice the little things like if something happened at point A in the movie when really it happened at point G in the books. If and/or when I do, I never really feel that it made the movie bad in comparison to the book, or made me confused about what's happening. If I do notice a difference I just shrug it off thinking about how they have a budget, and how they need to tell the story well so that would mean cutting some scenes out or changing them.

I suppose that I'm more laid back when it comes to adaptions of books.

I think I remember one though! A friend of mine was saying how in one scene in potions class, Ron had said something completely different than what he said in the books. I believe that Hermione was getting scolded about answering a question right and in the book Ron defended her while in the movie he agreed with Snape to a degree.
The movies are much better than the books.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Personally, I thought the Eclipse movie was pretty good, at least as far as cinematography goes. The director put a lot more into setting up the battle, the actual battle was shown, and, believe it or not, I think Jasper and Rosalie's backstories were handled a lot better compared to the book. In all, I feel the director for Eclipse put a lot more effort into spinning a good yarn on the silver screen than Stephanie did when she wrote the books.

Of course, you can't really ignore the nine hundred pound elephant in the room, and in this case that elephant happened to be the fact that it's based on a book from one of my least liked book series.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
blackheartgirl2
MuffinTheOrphan
blackheartgirl2

I'm not going to disagree with you entirely, but I'd like to recommend something if you wouldn't mind, since it's something someone else said, and I happen to have a ton of respect for that someone.

Whenever you're watching a movie based on a book, or vise versa, you have to always bear in mind that what you're seeing is not the same thing as the source material. Certain things in a book won't make a good transition to the film and so tiny details have to be modified. In other words, what makes a good book won't always make a good movie, and what makes a good movie won't usually make a good book.

Deathly Hallows part 2 did way better than the book did in a lot of ways, IMO. Just throwing that out there, but a lot more attention was drawn to the details that were essential to the story being told, whereas Rowling sometimes accessorized with superfluous details or scenes that added next to nothing and didn't actually get the story somewhere. Obviously, not all the movies were better. I thought the HBP movie was dreadful compared to the book because the director for that film did pretty shoddy detail work and left a lot of plot holes that would have confused viewers who hadn't read the book.
Agent Sawbones
blackheartgirl2
MuffinTheOrphan
blackheartgirl2

I'm not going to disagree with you entirely, but I'd like to recommend something if you wouldn't mind, since it's something someone else said, and I happen to have a ton of respect for that someone.

Whenever you're watching a movie based on a book, or vise versa, you have to always bear in mind that what you're seeing is not the same thing as the source material. Certain things in a book won't make a good transition to the film and so tiny details have to be modified. In other words, what makes a good book won't always make a good movie, and what makes a good movie won't usually make a good book.

Deathly Hallows part 2 did way better than the book did in a lot of ways, IMO. Just throwing that out there, but a lot more attention was drawn to the details that were essential to the story being told, whereas Rowling sometimes accessorized with superfluous details or scenes that added next to nothing and didn't actually get the story somewhere. Obviously, not all the movies were better. I thought the HBP movie was dreadful compared to the book because the director for that film did pretty shoddy detail work and left a lot of plot holes that would have confused viewers who hadn't read the book.

I do understand that, but if i loved the book so much it is hard for me to have those details i loved changed.
But i have friend that will just not think of the book at all when they go to watch a movie of a book they liked. So that they can see it as a good movie.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
blackheartgirl2
Agent Sawbones
blackheartgirl2
MuffinTheOrphan
blackheartgirl2

I do understand that, but if i loved the book so much it is hard for me to have those details i loved changed.
But i have friend that will just not think of the book at all when they go to watch a movie of a book they liked. So that they can see it as a good movie.

Another thing I'd like to say is that you have to practice putting aside the source material details the derivative work skips out on. It's very rarely easy for anyone to accept changes that alter the story being told in any way. I'll even admit I had a little trouble with a few small detail changes I noticed in Deathly Hallows part 2, before I remembered it wouldn't do me any good going in expecting the movie to parallel the book in every single way.
Agent Sawbones

Another thing I'd like to say is that you have to practice putting aside the source material details the derivative work skips out on. It's very rarely easy for anyone to accept changes that alter the story being told in any way. I'll even admit I had a little trouble with a few small detail changes I noticed in Deathly Hallows part 2, before I remembered it wouldn't do me any good going in expecting the movie to parallel the book in every single way.

Thanks for that advice smile

And i mean i can watch the movies and like them and everything but just not as much as the book. But books are better to me in general than movies. And it probably won't change biggrin

Rainbow Admirer

The writing isn't the best, maybe because it's from a Mary Sue's point of view. I think it would be better if she tried to make it in third person.
Stop hatin on twilite exclaim exclaim exclaim
i love the books and the movies too heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas