Welcome to Gaia! ::

I sort of liked the books. Meyers has an interesting way of writing. Hated the movies though. Any others that agree?

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
I think I'm the opposite, though I haven't actually watched the whole movies yet, or read all the books yet. But Meyer is just a horrible writer, I mean, seriously, who wants a mopey girl that does nothing but complain.
Omg u need 2 stop hatin on Twilite11
Me Tarzan, you Jane. (what's up with the title...?)

The books were horrible for me. If I never read the books I would like the movies. I watched the first movie, read the books right around when New Moon came out and I just hated it ever since. I couldn't stand being in Bella's head.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I disagree. The movies weren't that good at all, but they're far better than the movies.

6,300 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Heckler 50
Nope. The books were horrible, but the movies were slightly better as I didn't have to listen to her describe Edward every other sentence.

Manly Man-Lover

I'm the opposite as well. I watched the movies and liked them more because they had a better mix of vantage points. Sure, they still lull too much on Bella and Edward, but they were tolerable. I've yet to finish 1 book because I am not Bella and hate having to be in her shadow when reading. Especially since I want to slap her.

Unsealed Dabbler

I rather disliked the books and have not taken the time to see the movies, but unless they had a constant voice over of KStew as Bella describing Edward constantly they cannot be as bad as the books.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
How is Meyer's style of writing interesting? It's too drawn out and purpley prosey to even be that good.

Honestly, I think half the time I just gave up caring and just read the book because I wanted to.
No you got it all wrong. Movies are better because you don't need to read Bella's constant Whining and Bitching and her non-stop thought of Edward.
They both have their good points. I kind of liked that we got to see more of the non-Bella/Edward/Jacob characters in the movies.
Astra Ironwolf
They both have their good points. I kind of liked that we got to see more of the non-Bella/Edward/Jacob characters in the movies.
It won't be called Twilight if it wasn't base on Bella/Edward/Jacob. It will be like a shitty spin-off that no one care.
Thrun teh magical cat
Astra Ironwolf
It won't be called Twilight if it wasn't base on Bella/Edward/Jacob. It will be like a shitty spin-off that no one care.

a) Nothing in the word "Twilight" explicitly implies that a story titled "Twilight" must be based on characters named Bella, Edward, and Jacob. If the series were titled, "Bella, Edward and Jacob's Super Smexy Fun Tiems!", then you'd be correct.
b) I didn't say that the movies shouldn't be based around Bella/Edward/Jacob. I merely said that I enjoyed seeing more of the ancillary characters. They add extra flavor to the story.
c) As far as I know, being civil to people that you disagree with hasn't killed anyone. Try it sometime.
Astra Ironwolf
Thrun teh magical cat
Astra Ironwolf

a) Nothing in the word "Twilight" explicitly implies that a story titled "Twilight" must be based on characters named Bella, Edward, and Jacob. If the series were titled, "Bella, Edward and Jacob's Super Smexy Fun Tiems!", then you'd be correct.
b) I didn't say that the movies shouldn't be based around Bella/Edward/Jacob. I merely said that I enjoyed seeing more of the ancillary characters. They add extra flavor to the story.
c) As far as I know, being civil to people that you disagree with hasn't killed anyone. Try it sometime.

A) Twilight is base on Bella's life story.
b) No one gives a s**t about the other minors' stories.
c) Your last argument is invalid. I don't have to respect you nor your opinion.
Books are always better than the movies. I didn't even watch the movies because the trailers seemed too different from the books.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff