Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Smoker

I'm rewatching DBZ right now, and I'm in the middle of the Frieza saga. Why the hell did I ever enjoy watching this? It just drags on and on and on. Every episode is almost exactly the same. Equal parts flashback, talking with dead people, and muscular men standing around grunting. The five seconds they do fight in the episode is usually composed of bright flashes that represent the characters clashing. Every other episode we get to check in on Earth for a few seconds and watch Bulma whine about how she's got it tough while everyone else is getting beat to an inch of their life. Not to mention the episode where Ginyu was fighting Gohan and Krillin in Goku's body and they kept telling him the secret to unlock the full power. Um, I would think you would want to keep that a secret maybe? Now that I have gone back and watched the series again, I wish I had never gone past watching Dragonball.
(although, I have to say, Frieza's final form has a nice a**)
Dragon Ball Z had terrible pacing. Well that is the problem you have when you adapt a manga series that's still running when the anime is being made. The Anime will catch up to the manga quickly since one episode of the anime could equal say five chapters of the manga give or take. So when the anime reaches the manga or gets close it comes up with ways to stay behind. You get terrible pacing like this or you get filler episodes and story lines.

One of the things I really like about Dragon Ball Kai is that the pacing of the show is much much better. It removed most of the padding, the constant scenes of dead people talking, the grunting without fighting.
Creativerealms
Dragon Ball Z had terrible pacing. Well that is the problem you have when you adapt a manga series that's still running when the anime is being made. The Anime will catch up to the manga quickly since one episode of the anime could equal say five chapters of the manga give or take. So when the anime reaches the manga or gets close it comes up with ways to stay behind. You get terrible pacing like this or you get filler episodes and story lines.

One of the things I really like about Dragon Ball Kai is that the pacing of the show is much much better. It removed most of the padding, the constant scenes of dead people talking, the grunting without fighting.

Don't forget that horrible snake way bit. With princess snake or w/e.
They removed that. Thank. Zod. I think I would have stopped watching if they hadn't.

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Shameless Codger

Because it's a good show.

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Milk Proof Robot

I can't argue with your logic.
I mean, obviously everyone loves exactly the same things that you do.

Shameless Codger

Diphallus
Milk Proof Robot

I can't argue with your sarcasm.
Because obviously I feel the need to respond to everything with a sarcastic comment when it's not needed.

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Milk Proof Robot
Diphallus
Milk Proof Robot

Because obviously I feel the need to respond to everything with a sarcastic comment when it's not needed.

Your definition of what is and isn't necessary only applies to you.
Stop pushing your ideals on other people.

Shameless Codger

Diphallus
Milk Proof Robot
Diphallus
Milk Proof Robot

And your need to act overly sarcastic when someone simply replies to your thread is ridiculous.
Just because someone has a different opinion than you does not mean you have reply in a sarcastic, and seemingly rude, way.

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Milk Proof Robot
Diphallus
Milk Proof Robot
Diphallus
Milk Proof Robot

And your need to act overly sarcastic when someone simply replies to your thread is ridiculous.
Just because someone has a different opinion than you does not mean you have reply in a sarcastic, and seemingly rude, way.

I am allowed to be sarcastic if I want.
If you don't like the way I interact, then you don't have to interact with me.
I've stated my opinions in a way that I feel comfortable, and I don't really appreciate you telling me I'm not allowed to do that.
My least favorite saga, but the later sagas it gets much better.
But you cannot deny the orgasmic moment when goku first went super saiyan which made the saga emotion_c8

Vermillion Bibliophile

For the same reason that most people did when it was new. It was one of the better anime available and most who were new to the concept of anime really didn't care how fast the plot ran, since the characters seemed interesting and it had some awesome fight scenes.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Like it was said before, the pacing was slow so that was annoying. But the overall story and development of the characters was nice. The later sagas were the best.
i'm rewatching it and in the middle of the Cell Saga. it is a bit repetative after a while but it's part of my childhood so it has a special place in my heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff