Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dasrik
Well... let's have a friendly debate.

Why do people like the manga more than the anime?
I can see why in some cases... but overall... I dunno.
The villains seem flat in the manga to me. And I'm a villain kind of guy smile
Sailor Galaxia was awesomely fleshed out in the anime, in the manga she just seems like another Big Bad Villain to dispose of. sad

I haven't read much of the manga yet, to be honest. I finally decided to start buying it with new re-issued volumes that have been coming out since last year. So far, I'd have to say that I prefer the anime still... the rest of the manga may change my mind, but I don't know yet.

I think one of the main reasons why people prefer the manga is because there is a lot less filler than what appears in the 200 episode long series. However, it could be those differences everyone's been talking about! wink One person may just like one turn of events more than the other.
holy crap, hardcore sailormoon fans, I though we all died out, lol. I retired from SoS (save our scouts as some of you may remember) many years ago, and had fallen from Sailormoon grace so to speak, lol. glad to see were all still around!!!!!

and after many months, Im now the prowd owner of the first two seasons that ADV released, there SWEET.

5,200 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Voter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
3nodding The manga's cool sometimes, but every one just looks funny stretched out. sweatdrop
I've seen just about every episode in the Sailor Moon series, including the movies. Just like all series, it starts off real slow and doesn't really get good till the big fights start, but Sailor Stars was a different story, there was always a good balance of action and comedy in it, and the drama was killing me when I couldn't figure out what happened to Mamoru *Darien* I was getting like so agitated, lol, but they finally shown what happened to him in the last few episodes, and they are very emotional episodes too. I was like.....how many times must they die to protect for what they believe in? It's sad really, they can only comeback if Sailor Moon is still alive, because of the power of the Millenium Crystal *I think that's what the called it* All in all, it was a very good series, 200 episodes was just perfect, we all pretty much knows what happens in the future for Mamoru and Usagi, thing is, they live for a long a** time, which I'm trying to figure out, cause I think if we go back to Sailor Moon R, when they go into the future of Neo Tokyo, it's like in the year 3000, which really tripped me out cause the only difference was that Usagi was taller and had a kid. They story line remained good throughout the series, and they didn't drag it out and kill it like Toei Animation did Dragon Ball Z and then discrace it w/ Dragon Ball GT stare

Heroic Senshi

chrisprince21
you kno.. in the middle of the series.. where tuxedo kamen kinda like died.. and then when he came back to life and he's ok.. but how come he breaks up with usagi?
They were never a couple in the first place. He lost his memory of the past just like all the Senshi did.
The Manda
Dasrik
Satanangel
Has anyone besides me figured out that Sailor Moon and Chibi Chibi are the same person?

No.

Chibi Chibi and Galaxia are the same person.
You are misinterpreting.

Yea... in the anime they are. But flipping through the manga there's no mention of that. Chibi Chibi is Sailor Cosmos and it is implied, and even stated that Sailor Cosmos is 'the ultimate Sailor Moon'. *shrugs* Take that as you will.

i remember reading some synopsis or other (have read very little of the manga myself, alas) that summarized it as: sailor cosmos was the most powerful sailor senshi in the galaxy, but she was so distraught over the sailor wars that she sort of turned her back on it all and became chibi chibi, running away from it, so to speak. when sailor moon was able to defeat galaxia, or however it was exactly that the manga concluded (*forgets*), cosmos acknowledged that it was sailor moon, not she, who was truly the most powerful in the galaxy.

of course, my memory and/or the summary i read could be failing me, so if anybody knows what i'm talking about...?

Diannechan
I do like Yaten, though, I have to admit, as well as the Three Lights' songs. I swear, Nagareboshi He must have been played 10 million times in Sailor Stars! Search for your love! xd

yaten is, in fact, my favorite of the three lights xd and when i was watching the season with my mom (i got her hooked on it, which was my seekrit way of convincing her to buy me more), she started to wonder aloud and often towards the end if perhaps the three lights had any OTHER songs at all ^^ when we discovered they, in fact, did, she was in a near state of shock.
i like the movie of sailor moon i have all the episodes and movies put out its fun
i have a question if three star lights r girls on their home planet even though they change to guys on earth y does seiya like Usagi?
Atsuko Natsumi
i have a question if three star lights r girls on their home planet even though they change to guys on earth y does seiya like Usagi?

Likes doesn’t even begin to describe the way he feels. Saya is madly in love with Usagi. Probably the saddest part was when he asked her: “Ain’t I good enough?”. As for the gender switching part, I am not really sure. I have seen the shows, and when the three lights transform ( I mean the naked part of their transformation * blushes A LOT * ), they kinda looked like guys to me… wink
michire
yaten is, in fact, my favorite of the three lights xd and when i was watching the season with my mom (i got her hooked on it, which was my seekrit way of convincing her to buy me more), she started to wonder aloud and often towards the end if perhaps the three lights had any OTHER songs at all ^^ when we discovered they, in fact, did, she was in a near state of shock.

I think Todokanu Omoi: My Friend's Love is a better song anyway! Although, Nagareboshi He is pretty darn catchy in its own right... Congrats to you on getting your mom hooked on Sailor Moon. My mom didn't mock me for liking it when I was 9-10 years old, but now that I turn 19 in twenty days, she makes fun of it with her boyfriend while my sister and I are watching it. eek
Olya
Atsuko Natsumi
Likes doesn’t even begin to describe the way he feels. Saya is madly in love with Usagi. Probably the saddest part was when he asked her: “Ain’t I good enough?”. As for the gender switching part, I am not really sure. I have seen the shows, and when the three lights transform ( I mean the naked part of their transformation * blushes A LOT * ), they kinda looked like guys to me… wink

The Sailor Starlights transformed phsyically into males to hide their identities from the rest of the world. They actually are girls, but do appear in the show, more often than not, as boys. Maybe Seiya just likes girls. wink It's not like we haven't seen that happen in Sailor Moon before. whee

Sparkly Millionaire

6,475 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Puckie
holy crap, hardcore sailormoon fans, I though we all died out, lol. I retired from SoS (save our scouts as some of you may remember) many years ago, and had fallen from Sailormoon grace so to speak, lol. glad to see were all still around!!!!!

and after many months, Im now the prowd owner of the first two seasons that ADV released, there SWEET.

SOS is a real Sailor Moon fan's enemy stare
Atsuko Natsumi
They're lesbians (at least I think so). Look how they fawn over the Princess! I know that it could be argued that it's no different than how the other Sailor Soldiers (particularly Venus) kind of cling to Sailor Moon, but I'd disagree. Listen to "Nagareboshi He"'s lyrics, particularly where they talk about scents... wink

But Seiya loves Usagi because she reminds her of the Kakyuu Princess, basically, and because she gave her a lot of hope (just like Seiya gave Usagi hope for Mamoru).
Diannechan
Congrats to you on getting your mom hooked on Sailor Moon. My mom didn't mock me for liking it when I was 9-10 years old, but now that I turn 19 in twenty days, she makes fun of it with her boyfriend while my sister and I are watching it. eek

she sort of mocked me at first about it (*18*), but then i actually made her sit down and watch it, and i was able to segue from her wondering what happened next into her allowing me to buy the next disk, and then the next four, and then the first two seasons... and so on ^^;
Dasrik
Atsuko Natsumi
They're lesbians (at least I think so). Look how they fawn over the Princess! I know that it could be argued that it's no different than how the other Sailor Soldiers (particularly Venus) kind of cling to Sailor Moon, but I'd disagree. Listen to "Nagareboshi He"'s lyrics, particularly where they talk about scents... wink

But Seiya loves Usagi because she reminds her of the Kakyuu Princess, basically, and because she gave her a lot of hope (just like Seiya gave Usagi hope for Mamoru).

I would have to disagree with that. The Lights are not lesbians. When they came to Earth they took forms of three males in order to attract more girls ( that way it would be easier for them to find their princess ). However, they did not realize that with a male body came a male heart. Even Saya said so to Usagi: "I don't know what made me attracted to you, maybe it was your warriors spirit, maybe it was your inner light, or maybe it was the heart of a man that beats inside me." ( I just remembered that line, it isn't exact, but I didn't understand it at the time, so didn't bother to memorize it well... ).

As for their princess, I am 99.9% sure that she is a lesbian. She likes Saya, a lot. And unlike others she has a very good idea of who he/she is.

After watching the Stars shows I am not very sure, that Mishiru likes Haruka. Remember that heavy flirting that took place in Saya-could-you-zip-up-my-dress-scene? right now I am almost positive, that she is straight, I mean, she didn't know who Saya was ( or wasn't ).

But the weirdest thing is the fact, that Rei likes her cousin. I always thought, she liked Chad ( where is he, by the way?)
Olya
I would have to disagree with that. The Lights are not lesbians. When they came to Earth they took forms of three males in order to attract more girls ( that way it would be easier for them to find their princess ). However, they did not realize that with a male body came a male heart. Even Saya said so to Usagi: "I don't know what made me attracted to you, maybe it was your warriors spirit, maybe it was your inner light, or maybe it was the heart of a man that beats inside me." ( I just remembered that line, it isn't exact, but I didn't understand it at the time, so didn't bother to memorize it well... ).

As for their princess, I am 99.9% sure that she is a lesbian. She likes Saya, a lot. And unlike others she has a very good idea of who he/she is.

After watching the Stars shows I am not very sure, that Mishiru likes Haruka. Remember that heavy flirting that took place in Saya-could-you-zip-up-my-dress-scene? right now I am almost positive, that she is straight, I mean, she didn't know who Saya was ( or wasn't ).

But the weirdest thing is the fact, that Rei likes her cousin. I always thought, she liked Chad ( where is he, by the way?)

it is entirely possible to have strong, deep feelings for or even flirt with people without wanting to have sex with them, you know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff