Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Well, as I stated, R/Black Moon arc isn't really one of my favorite arcs in all of Sailor Moon. The baddies were interesting, Wiseman was indeed one hell of a villian, however, it did introduce Chibiusa. She's not as bad as she was in the anime from what I've heard... I guess I'm tainted by the anime portrayal of that pink spore...

Classic was good. It introduced the main characters, it had good writing (albeit rather cheesy), the story was good, and the finale was dang awesome.

S... Oh, how I love you and hate you at the same time. I don't like the S arc because Haruka and Michiru were basically extreme elitists and thought that their way was the only way to solve problems of the universe. Manga-wise, they're still a little bit elitist, but from what I've read, they're much nicer than their anime portrayal. Despite that, S/Infinity arc is damn awesome. The pink spore gets better, we're introduced to the elite of the team, and my favorite SM character shows up.

SuperS was pretty bad anime-wise. Dream arc manga is damn awesome. Not ONLY do the other Senshi get their power-ups, but the Outer Senshi also get to do stuff.

I guess if I'm willing to give Haruka and Michiru another shot in the manga, I might as well extend the offer to Chibiusa... *sigh*

Muzeu's Wife

Magical Girl

14,725 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
I loved Sailor Moon as a kid<3 Now, 10 years later, I found myself at Chapters spending money on the manga. It's a beautiful story, and I just love it<3
Haruka and Michiru were a tad bit more violent in the manga (outside of Haruka's strange obsession with Usagi & kissing her) remember they actually attacked everyone, not just Sailor moon, with a World Shaking & something typhoon where Neptune was using her violin! Knocked em out cold.... that attack was awesome they should've used it in the anime! gonk

As they redid the pages of these new books is the R arc contained in just book 6 or 4-6 like the old books? 'Cause if that's the case you'll be missing more than just 1 book.
Don't have to like her, lord knows I don't, just sayin' I'm not gonna miss out on owning the complete collection of one of the BEST manga series EVER WRITTEN over that stupid girl WHOO! xd

Anyone hear any word on the new anime lately? I haven't been able to find anything & can't read the Toei website. Supposedly there's 30 episodes done already.

1 more thing anyone know where to find or have the fanfictions from the Best Usagi and Mamoru fanfictions Crystal Tokyo Review? MamoruandUsagi.com was finally taken down & those awesome fics were taken with it. crying

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Well, you got a point there, Kari.

R arc may not be one of my favorite arcs, but I do have to say, the final battle with the Doom Phantom/Wiseman is still one of my favorite final battles in all of SM history. As for the word on the new anime...

WAIT.

New episodes? Are you sure it's more than just a rebroadcast of SM? Is Toei planning what I hope/think they're planning?

If it's a new SM series/remake, there are three things they should do if that's the case.

1. Give the Outer Senshi more screen time and development.
2. Have the Outer Senshi do SOMETHING. Heck, throw 'em in a filler episode.
3. GIVE SATURN A FREAKING HENSHIN SEQUENCE.

Intergalactic Sweetheart

Kuritomo Hikari

R arc may not be one of my favorite arcs, but I do have to say, the final battle with the Doom Phantom/Wiseman is still one of my favorite final battles in all of SM history. As for the word on the new anime...

WAIT.

New episodes? Are you sure it's more than just a rebroadcast of SM? Is Toei planning what I hope/think they're planning?

If it's a new SM series/remake, there are three things they should do if that's the case.

Yes to all. I think Naoko-sama was very upset that Saturn did not get a henshin sequence.
Kuritomo Hikari

WAIT.

Gah I don't remember the website for the new episodes. There's a wiki article for 200 remastered but I don't 100% trust wikipedia for truth. I might've mistaken new for those. I heard they're currently airing it in Japan so it's on t.v. Give me a day i'll track down some info even if I gotta use google translate on some webpages. lol xd rofl

I think they will do those 3 things as the company knew fans weren't very happy about it & they were very unhappy along with Naoko about how the SuperS anime turned out. They knew they were in the wrong but as I believe men are in charge of Toei animation they weren't going to let a woman direct things on her own show men tend to be stubborn like that.
Sorry took me so long school getting in the way. This is what I found so far.
http://www.luuux.com/entertainment/guess-whos-back-back-again-sailor-moon-back-her-20th-anniversary-2012
Same thing that was on wikipedia man they're keeping tight lipped. But it looks like 'remastered' is not redone completely crying so it's somehow the same episodes as before? I'm guessing.

I hate it when they throw that term around when they don't plan on completely redoing something or changing something, anything, with the material. Oh well it was nice to dream I'll keep looking out for more word on what's already showing everywhere except here.

Moonkitty.net has a review of what's different between the so called 'un-cut' boxsets released here back in 02-03 & these new 20th anniversary releases. I think I'll be buying the region 2's & finding an all region dvd player so i don't have to deal with that crap of not playing here or there etc. stare

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Karimoon
Sorry took me so long school getting in the way. This is what I found so far.
http://www.luuux.com/entertainment/guess-whos-back-back-again-sailor-moon-back-her-20th-anniversary-2012
Same thing that was on wikipedia man they're keeping tight lipped. But it looks like 'remastered' is not redone completely crying so it's somehow the same episodes as before? I'm guessing.

I hate it when they throw that term around when they don't plan on completely redoing something or changing something, anything, with the material. Oh well it was nice to dream I'll keep looking out for more word on what's already showing everywhere except here.

Moonkitty.net has a review of what's different between the so called 'un-cut' boxsets released here back in 02-03 & these new 20th anniversary releases. I think I'll be buying the region 2's & finding an all region dvd player so i don't have to deal with that crap of not playing here or there etc. stare

*Sighs* And here I thought that for the 20th anniversary, Toei would go the FMA: Brotherhood route and completely remake SM.

Though I'm not sure if FMA Brotherhood had any fillers...

Though I'm glad SM's back in American shores, even though it's on manga form.

Question: If you had to put the Outers in a filler episode, what would it consist of? Would you put the outers in a fun kind of episode?

Me, I'd have two choices for fillers. Have everyone to try and convince Haruka to wear a dress, or have Chibi-Usa invite Hotaru for a slumber party, Shingo tries to find out what's going on, and Shingo gets pranked.

Intergalactic Sweetheart

I'm wearing my Sailor Moon Shirt right now. When I went to my daughter's crib she pointed at the characters and tried saying their names. She likes it...well the dub at least, but she's two and can't read yet.
I really hope we get a redubbed, remastered, and uncut version soon. One that is more accurate in the translations.

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
katythegrouch
I really hope we get a redubbed, remastered, and uncut version soon. One that is more accurate in the translations.

Well, we can only hope. Toei doesn't exactly trust American dubbing companies right now... (Though I would say anybody BUT 4Kids.)

On a SM related note, finally got to watch episode 169 of Sailor Stars. Nelehenia reminds me of that evil queen from Snow White... And I find her CREEPY. And vain. INSANELY vain.
Kuritomo Hikari
katythegrouch

Well, we can only hope. Toei doesn't exactly trust American dubbing companies right now... (Though I would say anybody BUT 4Kids.)

On a SM related note, finally got to watch episode 169 of Sailor Stars. Nelehenia reminds me of that evil queen from Snow White... And I find her CREEPY. And vain. INSANELY vain.

I can understand why they don't trust American dubbing companies. They've royally messed up quite a few Anime's.

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I thought that DIC and Cloverway did an OK job, though the censoring for SM was a bit extreme, now that I think about it.
Man haven't been here mostly all month I was too busy with school, work, & getting excited over Acen. Anyone else here this weekend & went to the Sailor moon panel? I totally missed it over stupid food & am angry that was so. (i'm sitting in my hotel room now wishing this weren't over crying )

Anywho, to answer Hikari's questions...no, Brotherhood consisted of no filler it was all from the manga. Amazing i'd say!
I truly believe Toei co. should try the same thing with Sailor moon bc that dark aspect of the manga wasn't felt in the anime until the Stars and even then it was still soft. It couldn't hurt & it'd make the doubters, (& I am very much sick of these people you must've seen them too) who trash us fans & call us stupid for liking a 'kids show', see that it WASN'T infact supposed to even be a kids show if they'd take the time to look at the damn manga! Really compared to the trash kids t.v they have now especially on Disney, CN, & ABC Family Sailor moon is by far superior in taste. I'd sit my kid in front of Van Helsing for real animation that has some type of thought behind it before Total Drama Island or Hannah Montana!

Ok now that i've let that anger out....
I'd have the outter senshi in a filler involving their life when they disappeard in S. How they were raising Hotaru, what they'd say when she asked mature questions (lolz xd ), how they reacted when she had her first crush which I do not believe happens at all with Chibi-usa she's close as a friend with her that's it. Things like that would make awesome filler, plus those after stories in the manga like Casablanca.
Spacebabie76
I'm wearing my Sailor Moon Shirt right now. When I went to my daughter's crib she pointed at the characters and tried saying their names. She likes it...well the dub at least, but she's two and can't read yet.

lol that's adorable xd
I tried to get my neice into it when I babysat her I threw in my uncut dvd, but she wouldn't sit still long enough to watch. She seems to only like Spongebob, Shrek and the Princess and the Frog for now I hope it never gets worse than this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff