Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
Umm....... How do you guys watch it? I don't think it comes on the Telly. It used to when I was a wee little girl, but then it was gone!!!! crying

4,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
I NEVER HEARD OF IT BUT I LOVE SAILOR MOON SHOWS
Anyone else finish reading Sailor V book 1 yet? It's freakin awesome I highly suggest you read it!

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Karimoon
Anyone else finish reading Sailor V book 1 yet? It's freakin awesome I highly suggest you read it!

I'm not exactly a big fan of Minako. She kinda strikes me as an Usagi clone Despite the fact that the EVIL PINK SPORE is an actual Usagi clone.

*ish mad that Vol.6 of the SM manga has that pink spore on it.* *Shakes fist*
Kuritomo Hikari
Karimoon

I'm not exactly a big fan of Minako. She kinda strikes me as an Usagi clone Despite the fact that the EVIL PINK SPORE is an actual Usagi clone.

*ish mad that Vol.6 of the SM manga has that pink spore on it.* *Shakes fist*

roflmao rofl

Yes it's true Minako is like Usagi's clone in every way gonk but it's just hysterical to see everything from the beginning...... its true beginning. The other senshi and Naru even make appearances and I think Luna is shown in the background somewhere so you see that Minako knew them somewhat before they ever suspected her of being one of them. And you finally get to see the mom and dad that aren't really ever shown in the Sailor Moon manga (I could be wrong, but I don't ever remember getting a glimpse of them at all even in the scenes inside her house).

I haven't been able to purchase anymore of the books gonk crying crying but I'm sure by the middle of it Minako will be the mature person she is when she enters the Sailor Moon manga.

BTW Has the new Sailor Moon episodes been leaked onto the internet yet I'm dying to see them! GAHHHHHHHH blaugh xd

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
And now I have another reason to be mad at SM Vol.6 for.

Not only is the EVIL PINK SPORE on the cover, this volume is also where Mugen Gakuen first debuts, which means that volume is also where my favorite character debuts. *SHAKES FIST*

Prince Yuriy's Waifu

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Wow...I can't believe this place is still around. o.o

Intergalactic Sweetheart

I don't think this place will ever leave...and since Sailor V came out first doesn't that make Usagi a Minako clone instead of the other way around.

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Spacebabie76
I don't think this place will ever leave...and since Sailor V came out first doesn't that make Usagi a Minako clone instead of the other way around.

... Good point. However, according to the internet, the Sailor Moon Manga debuted in 1992. Chronologically speaking manga-wise, Sailor V was indeed the first Senshi to be discovered. Would that make Minako the first Inner Senshi to be discovered? I'm also confused because in all of the appearances of the Outer Senshi (Haruka and Michiru), they seem to be far more experienced than the Inners, so who awakened to their Senshi destiny first? Minako, or Haruka and Michiru?

*Actually discovers that Vol.7 is the volume that has my favorite character debuting* OMG! THAT MEANS I DON'T HAVE TO BUY VOL.6! SCORE!
Kuritomo Hikari
Spacebabie76

... Good point. However, according to the internet, the Sailor Moon Manga debuted in 1992. Chronologically speaking manga-wise, Sailor V was indeed the first Senshi to be discovered. Would that make Minako the first Inner Senshi to be discovered? I'm also confused because in all of the appearances of the Outer Senshi (Haruka and Michiru), they seem to be far more experienced than the Inners, so who awakened to their Senshi destiny first? Minako, or Haruka and Michiru?

*Actually discovers that Vol.7 is the volume that has my favorite character debuting* OMG! THAT MEANS I DON'T HAVE TO BUY VOL.6! SCORE!

But Naoko has said she drew Sailor V first & when she finished or while drawing it she had the idea to make it a team Minako would later join up with so she then began Sailor moon.
I personally think Haruka, Michiru, and Setsuna never died on the moon & that's why they seem more mature if they did then yes I'd say they just woke up first somehow.

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Good point on the fact that Sailor V was drawn first. Huh. Then how would you explain the fact that I've heard that in the manga, the Outer Senshi were drawn to the Moon Kingdom by its destruction caused by Beryl and her forces, which then awoke Sailor Saturn, and pretty much cleaned up the mess there?
Who knows there are a number of inconsistencies I don't think Naoko thought were troublesome or didn't notice or something because there's no explanations on why they are. Like ages of characters, why they suddenly change love interests, who really knew who in the past etc.

This is one of them I know which part you're talking about & it confuses me as well because they're saying the three came together when their talismans resonated that day, but the three say they watched from afar & couldn't do anything they never said they die. Of course Saturn does Death Reborn Revolution is insta-death for her, but the others there's no 100% statement on what happened and actually Saturn infact never really admitted to killing anyone that day either so it's just up in the air.

But as I said bc of their maturity and Pluto's duty to always stay at her gate I personally don't think they died they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time but that's just me.
Syndrama
Here's my essay on Hotaru-hime, since people were trying to find it...

kyrana kirri
heart Tomoe Hotaru-san, Senshi of Saturn heart

She owns you all.... 3nodding Because she can kill you, just by wanting to. *L*

Seriously though, hyper fangirlism aside...

Hotaru-chan is, in my opinion, the deepest character of the Senshi. She has the weakest physical body (in the anime, I'd assume that cyborg body in the manga is friggin strong >.> wink , yet aspires to be like her hero, the 'pure-hearted' track star. A dream that will probably never come true, simply because she is who she is, but she won't give up on it. Partly because her best friend won't let her, which is another plus. Her initial existance as Hotaru allows Chibi Usa to NOT be annoying, even in the dub. She helps Chibi Usa show that she really does want nothing more than to be everyone's friend. A refreshing change from the selfish child of Romance. She is apparently dark by nature, when first seen, but has a love for stuffed animals and delicate stained glass lamps. And a very happy smile when she lets it show. She's obviously a very loved girl (again, in the anime, and ignoring the fact that Kaolinite is a b***h >.> wink and is merely shy and quiet natured. Something not seen yet at that point for a senshi. Even Puu-sama was more open than her to an extent.

Her powers are incredible as well. She can utterly destroy the entire universe, but ultimately wants to save it, using those powers. The Outers wanted to kill her, treating her as girls like her were treated during the Salem Witch Trials (perhaps the inspiration for her nature/look?), but she again helped show the strength of another character: Usagi, who refused to let her be killed, even when Chibi's Pure Heart released Mistress 09...

Because of the prophecy of Saturn's awakening, you see how stubborn and 'one track minded' that Uranus really is. Despite the fact that it is a little girl, despite the fact she is the future Princess' best friend, despite they practically recieve and order from their Princess not to kill her. Uranus still believes it is the only way, and it is what she will do. Until she has the opportunity to kill little Hotaru, with no one there to stop her. And then you see another side of Uranus. That she isn't so cold and cruel after all. She can't do it... She helps flesh out What would have been seen as a cold wicked b***h, and turn her into an endearing character for fans.

When Sailor Saturn was awakened after obliterating Mistress 09, her spirit first went to save Chibi Usa, before anything else. Proving that Hotaru/Saturn valued her friends so much, despite the fears over her, as much as Usagi does.

She also went to sacrifice herself, to stop Pharoah 90. She demanded Sailor Moon not follow, to protect her Princess. This again, helped to show a strong part of Usagi that no one else had brought out by that point: That she outright does not give a damn about her own life when a friend is in danger. And the reborn Hotaru gives Haruka and Michiru a chance to prove to Usagi that they've changed their tune about 'lives need sacrificing for the greater good'.

Without Hotaru/Saturn, the anime would have been dull, and stopped in it's tracks with horrid ratings, because there would be no conflict in Super. Without Saturn, the Outers would not have a person to bind them together as their 'daughter' and make them a strong fighting unit, teaching Haruka that at least SOME lives are precious, if not all. Without Saturn/Hotaru, we'd never buy that Chibi Usa wanted to make friends more than anything else in the world.

Saturn makes Sailor Moon a perfect anime and helps you believe in the subtleties of a lot of other people's favorite characters. At least during S and beyond. 3nodding End of rant/worship. *_*

And that's why she's my favorite character and not Usagi or her bratty daughter Chibi Usa. Hell I like the evil Sailor Soldiers more than them. rofl
It's a travesty the Mind of Evenness website is gone! Had the best Sailor moon pics and doujin out there even if it was steamy & X-rated most was tasteful & some works weren't pervy at all. The artist was so freakin talented it made you think Naoko or one of her understudies who helped her draw the series was drawing it!

I'm gonna miss the site hope he/she get's it back up some day. xp gonk crying sad cry
Kuritomo Hikari
Spacebabie76

And why would you not want to buy all the books? If something were to happen to her & they stopped printing the new books it would be difficult to get that missing book kinda like how now it's hard to find those original 18 in a very good condition for a decent price. I saw Stars 3 on ebay for like $200+! The seller claiming it'd never been read still in it's plastic.
Just saying it'd be pointless without all of them. Just put paper over the cover if you don't want to look at her, it's just not worth not having the series complete.

It wouldn't feel complete for me even with Twilight I liked Breaking Dawn best Eclipse the least, if I were to finally get one of the books I wouldn't just not get Eclipse bc it's a whole section of the story just missing. I dunno I'm the strange one.
Yes I do laugh at the Twilight jokes they're funny, yes I did like the 1st book better than it's movie I haven't seen the other movies for comparison. No vampires shouldn't sparkle unless they sport rainbow flags & paint their nails sorry, I do fault her for that one though I would like to see a story about homosexual vampires no one's done it yet as far as I've read.

It's not a bad story concept it's just how Stephanie told it. I happen to see Edward & Bella almost like a reverse Mamoru Usagi. Bella is just as useless as Mamoru until she becomes a vampire herself. He is utterly useless until he becomes Endymion (or you're looking at the manga). Edward or Jacob always has to save Bella's a** like Usagi always has to majorly save his a** or vice versa with all the rose throwing as Sailor moon's getting ready to be chopped into confetti pieces. stare
Anime Mamoru can afford to grow some extra balls he's much too pansyish & gushy I agree, Edward can be a major gush fest of pansy non-manliness! Jacob & Seiya...enough said.
Minako & Alice yeah, but I don't think Minako has the balls to steal a Porsche...Haruka, perhaps yes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff