Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
Litastar30
I know what you mean. I hated when they took Sailor Moon off of TV here in America it was just getting really good. I mean come on i would watch it when I got home from School everyday. It's not fair that America took it off the air. crying
They didn't take it off the air. The license they had on it simply ran out. I'm glad that crappy dub is off the air. I'd like to see someone come and give it a re-haul by putting everything back in that DiC/Cloverway and dub it a lot more faithfully. I really want to see the episodes that they cut out.

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on the way you look at it, Sailor Moon's been having quite a global revival (Unless if you're in North America), and who knows? Although unlikely, maybe with the activity on the internet and all over the world, maybe one dubbing company (Preferably Funimation and preferably NOT 4Kids) will think perhaps get a run at getting SM's license again and maybe SM will finally air in North America again.

Failing that, they could release Sailor Moon as a direct-to-DVD release...
Kuritomo Hikari
Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on the way you look at it, Sailor Moon's been having quite a global revival (Unless if you're in North America), and who knows? Although unlikely, maybe with the activity on the internet and all over the world, maybe one dubbing company (Preferably Funimation and preferably NOT 4Kids) will think perhaps get a run at getting SM's license again and maybe SM will finally air in North America again.

Failing that, they could release Sailor Moon as a direct-to-DVD release...

OMG that's the very reason I came today this is a little bit of what I found on Wikipedia (not that I trust that site 100% on everything) but it speaks some of the truth from what I see on Toei's website or other sites from Japan itself.

"The anime is also scheduled to begin playing on TVB J2 channel in Hong Kong once more in August 2010. Sailor Moon has returned to Portuguese television in January 2011 and is going to make its way to Africa sometime in 2011.[125]"

While I find it weird it's going to Africa before America, over half its land mass isn't habitable let alone able to support a t.v to watch the show on, I'm so freaking happy it's made it this far! America is a breath away from getting it back, all we need is a company to offer Toei a bid he'll like! Yes preferably not 4kids did you hear what they did to Cardcaptor Sakura!?
I didn't even know they had it until someone else told me. I cry at the depiction of horror even though I haven't seen it. Is it airing on t.v because it doesn't come on Fox anymore & that's the last channel I saw 4Kids on?

I would prefer Genon, Rareflix, Cloverway, Kodansha or even Funimation to get it. One of the companies that are better known to leave an anime as it is & only dub with very minimal to no chopping of the actual footage. As long as someone gets the license the merchandise will return along with the possibility of getting the manga & other related books at more reasonable prices, that's all I want. The opportunity to complete my dvd collection and get the cds/books/artwork etc. I missed during the first run.

Everyone please flood the American animation companies with letters/emails/calls politely begging them to take Toei's offer! We have to show them we truly want this or they'll skip right over it and go to what they beleive is the hottest show coming out of Japan! Their attitude is probably along the lines of "well that's already had its fair run of popularity lets give another show that's never been here before a chance", and while that's fine cause it brings new stuff like Vampire Knight or Black Butler over we want our oldies back as well even possibly updated or remasterd. That Wiki article says Toei has 200 episodes already remasterd! So yeah Moonie fans unite for the cause!

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Forgive me if I'm mistaken Kari, but wasn't Cloverway responsible for the S and SuperS dub of Sailor Moon?

I will admit, they did a good job on those seasons.

S especially.

And no, I am not biased towards S only because Hotaru makes her appearance and the coolest Senshi of all time appears there. xd

Geneon did a couple good dubs (Evangelion), not sure about Rareflix, Kodansha did an OK job with CCS imo.
Princess_Snow2010
Red_eyed_Phoenix
QueenVampira360
I personally loved Sailor Moon S! I've seen people on youtube making a fan made video called Sailor Moon Sacrifice. I like how the started the story line as her having a twin sister, but I dont know about anyone elses opinion on it.

Hey i'm confused who had a twin sister??.. I forgot the story already xD

It was fan made. It was something i ran into. Usagi was the that was suppose to have a twin sister. dark and light. I really dont know. It seemed to be interesting.
Here's the link: Sailor Moon Sacrifice

That was pretty cool wish I had that type of talent I can barely get regular amvs together to look semi okay. xp sweatdrop

A Sailor moon picture collection site I frequent brought up the question in my mind. If Usagi has semi feelings for Seiya, of course not like she has for Mamoru, but manga and anime she is depicted to have just slight feelings for 'him', does it make her bisexual seeing as how Seiya is not a male but a female? I think it's a bit interesting is all not thinking of the complexity of gender identity and the Kinsey scale or the other scales made to put gender identity into some sort of perspective. I know one can identify as heterosexual and have attractions to the same sex as per their right I was just curious to know how other people see their relationship.
Kuritomo Hikari
Forgive me if I'm mistaken Kari, but wasn't Cloverway responsible for the S and SuperS dub of Sailor Moon?

S especially.

And no, I am not biased towards S only because Hotaru makes her appearance and the coolest Senshi of all time appears there. xd

Geneon did a couple good dubs (Evangelion), not sure about Rareflix, Kodansha did an OK job with CCS imo.

Yes yes and Cloverway basically kept them the same as their Japanese versions, they just cut out the SuperS special at the end of that season, the vampire girl episode in whichever season that was in I forget, and Ami's First Love.
Actually i'm not sure if the company name is Rareflix but their name is on the new AMG seasons' dvds? sweatdrop
Animeworks is the name on my Loveless dvd they did an okay job with that but the ending was like wtf? lol. I agree yes Kodansha's CCS could've been better, but from what I hear it's godly comapred to that thing that was released by 4Kids! gonk OH MY God the horror! crying

lol I'm biased towards the S season 'cause it was so epic compared to the first 2 seasons and had the best senshi of the solar system in it per episode compared to Stars! blaugh xd

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Karimoon
Kuritomo Hikari

S especially.

Yes yes and Cloverway basically kept them the same as their Japanese versions, they just cut out the SuperS special at the end of that season, the vampire girl episode in whichever season that was in I forget, and Ami's First Love.
Actually i'm not sure if the company name is Rareflix but their name is on the new AMG seasons' dvds? sweatdrop
Animeworks is the name on my Loveless dvd they did an okay job with that but the ending was like wtf? lol. I agree yes Kodansha's CCS could've been better, but from what I hear it's godly comapred to that thing that was released by 4Kids! gonk OH MY God the horror! crying

lol I'm biased towards the S season 'cause it was so epic compared to the first 2 seasons and had the best senshi of the solar system in it per episode compared to Stars! blaugh xd

Good news: I finally have some Sailor Moon songs in my iPod.

Bad news: Still stuck on episode 168 of Stars. I've been hearing that the Outer Senshi don't get a lot of screen time on Stars, is this true?

And by coolest senshi, I don't mean Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Considering that this is me, there is only one other Senshi that appears in the S season that I'm talking about. The other Outers get redeemed in the later eps, and Uranus and Neptune finally redeem themselves in episode 126.
lol nope Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Saturn appear in every episode 1-6 then are rarely seen afterwards until Galaxia attacks in person. Saturn isn't seen at all after Nehelenia returns to her planet and her and Pluto are eliminated almost immediately after Galaxia appears & kills Tin Nyanko, Kakyuu and the inner senshi. stressed

I was so pissed Hotaru basically didn't get any screen time after her pink little spore friend goes away and despite her powers is killed by Uranus and Neptune, of all people, while in her senshi form! At least in the manga her and Pluto are attacked by a much more powerful senshi (I believe it was Galaxia herself right?) and she was in civilian form for some reason. Jesus just no dignity in death after not appearing for almost all of the series for our favorite senshi! crying

If Toei is going to remaster the series for release I pray to god he has his staff redo the SuperS and Stars seasons as well and put them more to the manga. That battle between the senshi and Sailor moon is ********' EPIC WIN! And we all want to see the Quartet as senshi not just random girls appearing in the end to distract everyone with a comment about UFO's come on! It's cute, but them becoming senshi is pivitol to that whole plot point at the end concerning Chibiusa and true senshihood leading to Helios recognizing she was the soldier lady protected by moonlight he was searching for, heck she even gets her own crystal at that moment. I might not like her, but character development always makes a series better and she needed that turning point for viewers to see she was finally becoming less annoying and more helpful to the others as a part of the team. I was honestly able to tolerate her better after that point in the manga.

I have some songs on my mp3 too & I hook it up to my car radio & listen whenever I drive. I can't wait until it warms up more & I can let the top down & really turn heads when they hear me blasting "Fighting evil by moonlight, winning love by daylight, never running from a real fight, she is the one named Sailor Moon!" rofl xd
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
One way to die....

Epic way to die! xd

I still wonder how Pluto got her away from Tomoe in the first place. The poor man had nothing left but his little Hotaru and here this strange lady comes out of the blue to take her "Hotaru it's time." roflmao one story says she hit him over the head with the steak of food and ran like hell. OMG the LOLLZZZ rofl

Intergalactic Sweetheart

Karimoon. I've wondered that as well. Maybe he and Setsuna wrote to each other for a while? She kinda of hinted at what's to come?
Spacebabie76
Karimoon. I've wondered that as well. Maybe he and Setsuna wrote to each other for a while? She kinda of hinted at what's to come?

Could've but his face doesn't seem like he was expecting her and he'd never met her before then.....

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
BREAKING NEWS.

http://www.kodanshacomics.com/

Kodansha USA has just picked up the Sailor Moon manga AND its prequel, Codename: Sailor V and it will be released on September of this YEAR.

Tipsy Bookworm

Kuritomo Hikari
BREAKING NEWS.

Kodansha USA has just picked up the Sailor Moon manga AND its prequel, Codename: Sailor V and it will be released on September of this YEAR.

So exciting!

Now, if we could only get them to re-dub the show...

Feline Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
I've heard about Kodansha bringing back the Sailor Moon manga, and I'm really excited about it!
I've already started getting the Sailor Moon manga (Mixx), but this has made me think that maybe I should get the newer versions as well.

As for another company re-dubbing Sailor Moon, I'd be overjoyed if FUNimation picked up the liscence for it. I'd be absolutley devastated if 4Kids got it instead, they'd rip it to shreds just like they did with One Piece.
The thought of 4Kids ever obtaining the liscence for SM never even crossed my mind, the first english dub of SM was bad enough, (DiC) and I've watched a few clips of the Cloverway Dub, and I still didn't like the some of the voices they gave the characters.

The English Dub of Sailor Moon has been through hell of a lot, with all the editing, etc...I'd really love it if FUNimation got the liscence and NOT 4Kids. It would be nice to hear the characters have decent voices that suit them, and to see the anime the way it was MEANT to be.
Kuritomo Hikari
BREAKING NEWS.

What OMFG FOR REAL!!!!!!????

YAHHHHH OMG OMG YAYYYYYYY HA HA WHOOPIE xd rofl rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas