Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xenophilius_Daughter
wolf lover3287
Karimoon
wolf lover3287
im new to this thread can some one up date me on the subject and such

Welcome and it's anything you'd like pertaining to Sailor moon (cosplay, musicals, anime, manga, dub, sub, live action, fanfiction etc.) mrgreen

thanks, and i was wondering, why did they cancel the series, i mean on the american tv. if anyone knows can you tell me.

They canceled it simply because Dic/Cloverway lost the rights to Sailor Moon. However, there is a rumor Funimation has aquired the rights and are in the process of redubbing the WHOLE Sailor Moon series.

I doubt it. :/ That'd be awesome, though.

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
OfficialNeoQueenSerenity
hillary84
Xenophilius_Daughter
wolf lover3287
Karimoon
wolf lover3287

Welcome and it's anything you'd like pertaining to Sailor moon (cosplay, musicals, anime, manga, dub, sub, live action, fanfiction etc.) mrgreen

thanks, and i was wondering, why did they cancel the series, i mean on the american tv. if anyone knows can you tell me.

They canceled it simply because Dic/Cloverway lost the rights to Sailor Moon. However, there is a rumor Funimation has aquired the rights and are in the process of redubbing the WHOLE Sailor Moon series.

I hope this is true! Is it true that Dic changed the story?
Hush, the Lady Serenity is speaking...
They didn't change the entire storyline, but things were left out, or changed.

I.E.: Sailor Pluto and Neptune were lover in the original, but cousins in the dub.

...that is all, Thank you.

I think you mean, Sailor Uranus, not Pluto. smile
Also, Zoisite (first season) was a MALE.

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Intergalactic Sweetheart

Xenophilius_Daughter
OfficialNeoQueenSerenity
hillary84
Xenophilius_Daughter
wolf lover3287

I hope this is true! Is it true that Dic changed the story?
Hush, the Lady Serenity is speaking...
They didn't change the entire storyline, but things were left out, or changed.

I.E.: Sailor Pluto and Neptune were lover in the original, but cousins in the dub.

...that is all, Thank you.

I think you mean, Sailor Uranus, not Pluto. smile
Also, Zoisite (first season) was a MALE.

Cloverway also made Fisheye into a woman in the dub.
cool cosplay what convention were you at?
Xenophilius_Daughter
wolf lover3287
Karimoon
wolf lover3287

That's probably a rumor Funi hasn't made a statement/anouncement on it if they did & Toei's pretty reserved about giving the rights to others hence why Italy is the only country with the acquired rights at the moment. How hard would it have been to just let every country who wanted it have it instead of going 1 by 1? People probably did vote for it to get redubbed on their website & I wouldn't mind just to get it back on our shores so I can get the merchandise, but I honestly don't think i'd like a funimation dub as they tend to use the same voice actors for EVERY series they own I swear! If freakin' Vic Mignona ends up as Mamoru or Andrew, you know someone you see more than once in the series, I swear I will throw up all over my t.v or computer & make it my life mission to find the film reels & files & destroy them!
He's cool as Ed & someone else he plays in a recent series I saw it fits him, but Tuxedo Mask HELL NO it does not fit him as a voice actor. I don't think. I just can't see him doing the Sailor moon series but if funi has the rights it's highly probable it will happen because they don't know what big voice actor selection pool means.

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I personally loved Sailor Moon S! I've seen people on youtube making a fan made video called Sailor Moon Sacrifice. I like how the started the story line as her having a twin sister, but I dont know about anyone elses opinion on it.
QueenVampira360
I personally loved Sailor Moon S! I've seen people on youtube making a fan made video called Sailor Moon Sacrifice. I like how the started the story line as her having a twin sister, but I dont know about anyone elses opinion on it.

Hey i'm confused who had a twin sister??.. I forgot the story already xD

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Red_eyed_Phoenix
QueenVampira360

Hey i'm confused who had a twin sister??.. I forgot the story already xD

It was fan made. It was something i ran into. Usagi was the that was suppose to have a twin sister. dark and light. I really dont know. It seemed to be interesting.
Here's the link: Sailor Moon Sacrifice

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
Karimoon

A-kon 21

Intergalactic Sweetheart

Bring me the golden crystal.
Spacebabie76
Bring me the golden crystal.

ehh but it got sold off to a bunch of space pirates years ago. neutral
Xenophilius_Daughter
Karimoon

A-kon 21

sweet I hope to go to that con someday...someday... whee

1,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I know what you mean. I hated when they took Sailor Moon off of TV here in America it was just getting really good. I mean come on i would watch it when I got home from School everyday. It's not fair that America took it off the air. crying
Damn, my Travel and Tourism College course was going to go on a trip to Rome in February, but my stupid classmates didn't bother paying up the deposit in time (when they had months and months of notice) so now we are not going. Could of grabbed me some Sailor Moon merchandise and watched it on TV...

Disappointing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces