Desirable Gaian

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Yeah Stars ROCK!
The Manda
scream scream scream
Don't you dare dis the Starlights!! Grrr... I like addressing them his/her in any case just because I like the male/female changes of the anime.
I don't think I was dissing the Starlights. I like them as women and I think the fact that Toei made them male in civilian form just because they kick a** at everything (including sports) to be really sexist.

That, and Kou Seiya IS one half of my conscience.
Also... Stars was aired in the U.S.

But only the filler part of the series (the Nehelenia arc).

Sparkly Millionaire

6,475 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Dasrik
Also... Stars was aired in the U.S.

But only the filler part of the series (the Nehelenia arc).

It was NOT aired at all in the US. The Nehelenia arc features Usagi going after Mamoru who is captured by Nehlenia and basically enduring hell. Trust me, I watched Cartoon Network when they aired SuperS and whatever else afterward they never aired any part of Stars. No one has licensed, released, or dubbed it or else we would have that part on DVD don't you think?

And there is no way Seiya Kou (It can't be switched BTW) is half of you -_-
The Manda
It was NOT aired at all in the US. The Nehelenia arc features Usagi going after Mamoru who is captured by Nehlenia and basically enduring hell. Trust me, I watched Cartoon Network when they aired SuperS and whatever else afterward they never aired any part of Stars. No one has licensed, released, or dubbed it or else we would have that part on DVD don't you think?

That's funny, I distinctly remember it being shown.

And it's Kou Seiya. Their first names are all Kou. See any decent fan site. And I know she's not REALLY part of me, it's just how I divvy up my conscience since I don't have a "good and evil" part of me. The fighting side is Sailor Star Fighter, and the lusty side is Morrigan Aensland.

Yes, I'm insane.
No, none of Stars was ever shown in the US. (THANK GAWD!)

I hope Dic's rotten filthy hands never soil the precious Stars season. It would never work anyway. What with the Starlights, Haruka and Michiru's death scene-how would they explain that as cousins-the final episode...etc. They'd never be able to work around all that.

Sparkly Millionaire

6,475 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Dasrik
The Manda

That's funny, I distinctly remember it being shown.

And it's Kou Seiya. Their first names are all Kou. See any decent fan site. And I know she's not REALLY part of me, it's just how I divvy up my conscience since I don't have a "good and evil" part of me. The fighting side is Sailor Star Fighter, and the lusty side is Morrigan Aensland.

Yes, I'm insane.

Mmmm grrr if I had my manga here I'd argue more informedly, however I am sure without a doubt its Seiya Kou because they're names (being that they aren't even of our world) are somewhat different. Everytime Seiya introduces him/herself in the manga or anime he/she says 'Seiya Kou' so... I hardly believe you. Also considering you're claiming Stars was shown in the US when it wasn't =P
Kagome of the arrow
No, none of Stars was ever shown in the US. (THANK GAWD!)

I hope Dic's rotten filthy hands never soil the precious Stars season. It would never work anyway. What with the Starlights, Haruka and Michiru's death scene-how would they explain that as cousins-the final episode...etc. They'd never be able to work around all that.
Goddamn it, I remember that CN showed the Nehellenia episodes... Mamoru/Darien getting a mirror shard in the eye, the Soldiers fighting through the castle, getting trapped in the mirrors, the whole lot!

I even remember the last episode with some mysterious stupid voice that turned out to be Galaxia... but they didn't do any of the eps with the Starlights in it. Check Cloverway website or something, but my memory is not THAT bad.
The Manda
Mmmm grrr if I had my manga here I'd argue more informedly, however I am sure without a doubt its Seiya Kou because they're names (being that they aren't even of our world) are somewhat different. Everytime Seiya introduces him/herself in the manga or anime he/she says 'Seiya Kou' so... I hardly believe you. Also considering you're claiming Stars was shown in the US when it wasn't =P
Japanese names are last names first.

This is NOT under debate.

I'm going to ask someone in the Sailormoon Romance board to confirm/deny whether the Nehellenia arc of Stars was shown... hold on.
Dasrik
The Manda

I'm going to ask someone in the Sailormoon Romance board to confirm/deny whether the Nehellenia arc of Stars was shown... hold on.

We're just talking about the Neherenia arc here? In THAT case I am not sure. I am positive they never went beyond that. You could be thinking of Neherenia in Super S, though.

EDIT: I'm almost positive Stars wasn't shown, though. Any of it.
Well, my imagination has played tricks on me before...

...But I do have a memory of seeing at least Nehellenia hugging Darien/Mamoru from the dream mirror, and all the Soldiers in their mirror nightmare worlds, dubbed. redface

Sparkly Millionaire

6,475 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Dasrik
The Manda

... Um... yes it is. I KNOW how Japanese names are written, you're talking to a learned Japanese major here so don't try pulling that bull s**t with me =P I saw this discussed somewhere else. If the names were intended to be in the Japanese form they would be pronounced as such but are they? No, Seiya always says 'Seiya Kou' and I'm going by that. Not what you claim Its like putting my last name first because that's the Japanese way.

Again, if the Nehelenia arc that is part of Stars was ever aired we'd have it on DVD already no one has attained the license to Stars yet so that's not possible.

Sparkly Millionaire

6,475 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Dasrik

...But I do have a memory of seeing at least Nehellenia hugging Darien/Mamoru from the dream mirror, and all the Soldiers in their mirror nightmare worlds, dubbed. redface

I'd say I told you so... but that would be rude. I know my Sailor Moon =P
Dasrik

No one ever took up the license for Stars. EVER. So there's no way it would've been dubbed.
The Manda
... Um... yes it is. I KNOW how Japanese names are written, you're talking to a learned Japanese major here so don't try pulling that bull s**t with me =P I saw this discussed somewhere else. If the names were intended to be in the Japanese form they would be pronounced as such but are they? No, Seiya always says 'Seiya Kou' and I'm going by that. Not what you claim Its like putting my last name first because that's the Japanese way.
So, Seiya/Yaten/Taiki speak Japanese... go to Japanese school... are Japanese stars... and yet they'd say their names in an American way?

I don't want to debate in this way, especially since there's few Sailor Moon fans already. But I think "When in Rome" (or Tokyo) applies here.

And damn it, don't blame my hyperactive imagination! sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces