Welcome to Gaia! ::

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I've no objections to watching these movies, just haven't gotten around to finding a way to do so yet.
I don't have Netflicks and doubt the local video rentals would have these, though someday I'll check just to be sure. If I find 1.0, I'll rent and watch it. I am a stickler for doing these things in order, so I'll hold off on 2.0 via Youtube for now.

Eloquent Conversationalist

Better do it quick because 2.0 probably won't stay up there for very long. They have a habit of poofing.
I too recommend watching 2.0 on youtube while you can. 1.0 is essentially a recap of episodes 1-6 (Jet Alone was omitted entirely), so you can skip it and still understand 2.0 very well. That said, 1.0 has a different presentation of the characters that I enjoyed very much and its pacing was better than the original 1-6 episodes. For that reason, 1.0 was totally worth it, despite no new material.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Well, if 1 was a recap, however well done and interesting on its own, then I'd be willing to view 2 first. I'll look for it tonight, after work.

Just follow the link I posted a page back. It should take you directly to the profile of the guy who has it. As far as I know, that's the only complete version on YouTube.

Okay, so, too damn quiet.

Topic of discussion:

"What did Gendo say to Ritsuko before he killed her in EoE, and what's your reason for believing that's what he said?"
Well first off, happy new year's eve everyone. I wish I could've done more Gaia but with the short amount of vacation and school work to do, there's never enough time off it seems.

There's a lot of theories as to what he said. I think there was an interview with the story board director (he did a great lecture series on Gainax's methodolgy, link here: Eva Geeks - Tsurumaki lecture series) that said something along the lines of "I couldn't have done this without you".

I know many others believe it was more personal than that, since they did had an off screen sexual relationship but again, even with official backing, I wouldn't have a reasoning for what he said or why. It's like who shot Kaji; it was there for the purposeful artistic flair of open-endedness.

This kind of stems back about all the relationships too; none of them are concrete or official. We can interpret them many ways but in the end, there was probably no intended 'official' pairings beyond the ones for the side characters.
I found a great Eva Girlfriend of Steel wallpaper on imgur that I thought I'd share. Almost makes me wish I finished playing the two games.
Eva GoS Wallpaper
Getting kind of quiet in here, isn't it?

Well, I thought I'd post a nice PVC figure feature Rei this time, considering I've already posted 3 Asuka ones.
TOMOPOP - Kotobukiya Rei new PVC

Note that Kotobukiya also has another Rei PVC includes the Unit-00 bust as the base. It was in a series of PVCs that included 2 Asuka ones and Misato. It is readily available now at:
Kotobukiya USA - Rei PVC

If these aren't to your liking, I suggest looking around the Alter's rendition of Rei done back in 2007 to promote 1.0. It's very well done but will undoubtedly be more expensive than these two. Here's a product description of said figure:
Hobby Search - Alter Rei

That first one...wow...

I'm in love. As much as a man of flesh and blood can logically love a PVC figurine and not be considered strange. lol

I mean, I love my Revoltech Rei figurine, but that one just takes the cake for most true-to-character bust I've seen in a very long time.
Ryugi Kazamaru
That first one...wow...

I'm in love. As much as a man of flesh and blood can logically love a PVC figurine and not be considered strange. lol

I mean, I love my Revoltech Rei figurine, but that one just takes the cake for most true-to-character bust I've seen in a very long time.

I've been following the PVC and general figure collecting scene for about 2 years and just recently bought my 1st PVC (it's the Asuka Koto one in the US store). It's not something I intend to do often as this was a sale and I don't really have the money or the space, but I do appreciate the appeal. Any hobby can make sense to me after being open to this scene.

If you are interested in that 1st Rei figure, I suggest waiting until it is released to their US store or comes to a re-release. Note that not all of their Eva figures are available on their USA website, but Koto figures seem to have a tendency to go down in price, not just for sales, but in general. They also don't tend to be that expensive in relative terms (Alter, GSC, etc.).

If you must have it on release day, check out AmiAmi, Hobby Search, or Otacute for trust Japanese sources. There's more options than that, but those three tend to be the most used from my experience lurking their forums and blogs biggrin

I dunno if I'd pick it up, but it's nice to look at. Just don't have the cash right now. XD

Either way, I really like the Revoltech Asuka and Rei because I can post them however I want, unlike a statue which is always frozen in the same pose. And the Revoltechs were like 20 or 25 bucks. xd
Ryugi Kazamaru
I dunno if I'd pick it up, but it's nice to look at. Just don't have the cash right now. XD

Either way, I really like the Revoltech Asuka and Rei because I can post them however I want, unlike a statue which is always frozen in the same pose. And the Revoltechs were like 20 or 25 bucks. xd

Well, that Rei won't be coming out for several months, so you probably have up to a year to think about it and still get it at a good price.

Are those Revoltech figures figmas? I know those are posable and completely different from the PVC and resin statues that have static poses. They're obviously cheaper but sometimes, you can't beat a good deal. I think the Asuka I got was only a little more expensive than the new Rei and Asuka figmas.

I think there are pros and cons to both. The statues do have a level of quality that can never be recreated into a posable figure, but it's nice to have the flexibility with a figma.

I'll link one here if you're interested. It's nice since it has the entry plug as well:
Hobby Search - Max Factory Rei Figma

******** hell, now I want that. xd

Anyway, the ones I have are "Revoltech Fraulein" or something, not "Figma." Those ones actually look a little more steady than the ones I have, and are a wee bit more expensive. But that Entry Plug is awesome.
Yeah, figma is just the name of the Max Factory brand, but for what I can tell, it's become the general name for posable figures with accessories. The figma brand is pretty good quality and usually has many interesting extras, namely that entry plug in this case.

I know of the Fraulein series they did and it's essentially the same build but I think you'll notice several key differences from figma aside from the extras.

The Rei figma filled out preorders fast so you might have to wait for release. I linked a few other venues if you're interested but there's no rush since it's not even out yet. It is a bit more expensive, but usually for these you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff