Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yuri: Ohhhh! I think I have heard about that one before. I did some research on Jung when a friend of mine was taking Psychology. No problem about finding the link, I am pretty good at finding things 3nodding

As for the test... I got Folken. It makes sense *shrugs* As for the Evangelion one, I know there are a few decent ones out there... I almost always get Rei when I do them lol.
Someone actually found a good Eva quiz? I get a little annoyed when I take those things because all of the answers are so terribly skewed. It almost takes the fun away from doing it.

The Escaflowne one was decent, I'll admit. It was better than some of the ones I've seen. Although, I got Gaddes, who I don't even remember from the show. I also tried to pick much less obvious answers so it might've messed with the results a bit.
I took that Escaflowne quiz...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...eh?!?
Shin: Gaddes was basically Allen's Lieutenant (or something to that effect). If I'm not mistaken he piloted the airship as well.

I tried to find a good Eva quiz, but it wasn't happening. xp

Sybrid: lol... Hitomi... that's weird.
Yeah, I wasn't really sure who I'd get in the quiz, but getting Hitomi was not an expected result. I'm not even sure it was a desirable result - I remember being annoyed with her for like the first 66% of the show or however long it was until her biggest concern stopped being "WHO IZ HOTTAR! VAN OR ALLEN!?!" It seems to me that if I were to be teleported to another planet I knew nothing about, I'd find something more interesting to concern myself with than trying to make a love triangle.
sybrid
Yeah, I wasn't really sure who I'd get in the quiz, but getting Hitomi was not an expected result. I'm not even sure it was a desirable result - I remember being annoyed with her for like the first 66% of the show or however long it was until her biggest concern stopped being "WHO IZ HOTTAR! VAN OR ALLEN!?!" It seems to me that if I were to be teleported to another planet I knew nothing about, I'd find something more interesting to concern myself with than trying to make a love triangle.

I don't know; I'd say her thoughts on war and peace and how her relationships made the whole situation that much more trivial annoyed me more than the fact she was working in a high school drama. I still prefer female leads over male ones, simply for a change of pace. I might even pick up a shojo here and there just to see something new.
Shin Seiki
sybrid

I don't know; I'd say her thoughts on war and peace and how her relationships made the whole situation that much more trivial annoyed me more than the fact she was working in a high school drama. I still prefer female leads over male ones, simply for a change of pace. I might even pick up a shojo here and there just to see something new.

It's been years since I saw the show, and neither of those bits irritated me enough that I still remember being irritated about them...

And what's wrong with shojo stuff? It can be a lot of fun if you're watching the right shows.
Everyone should read Absolute Boyfriend m/_
sybrid
Shin Seiki
sybrid

It's been years since I saw the show, and neither of those bits irritated me enough that I still remember being irritated about them...

And what's wrong with shojo stuff? It can be a lot of fun if you're watching the right shows.

Oh, I don't really have anything against shojo. It just doesn't fit my taste very commonly. Neither does shonen stuff. This could warrant an agonizing discussion, but perhaps for another day.
Evil Spoon Child

I read a little bit of that in shojo beat a long while back. It was funny. x3 I've liked all the Yui Watase stuff I've read tho, its usually hilarious.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Yuri_shoujo
Evil Spoon Child

I read a little bit of that in shojo beat a long while back. It was funny. x3 I've liked all the Yui Watase stuff I've read tho, its usually hilarious.

I've sampled enough shojo to know that in the main it's not my cup of tea. To be fair, neither is shonen manga that is fight heavy. Oddly enough though there have been a couple of shojo mangas that I just loved even though every instinct said I should have hated them. Pretear and Wish are the two. Wish is done by CLAMP, who's other works I have enjoyed as well. I'm not sure who Pretear is done by off the top of my head.
It is possible that most of us have moved towards the 'older' versions of each demographic. I think it is seinen for males and josei for women. I do like both styles very much, actually, and it surprises me that wiki still classifies Eva as shonen when I think it has more seinen qualities.

Wiki - Seinen - I really don't agree with their list of shows that are classified as seinen. For example, Sekirei? You can't be serious; sure, it's got T & A coming out of every orifice, but should that alone make it seinen?

Sometimes, I just feel like the younger demographic shows feel required to remind everyone of the target audience and that can seriously throw a show off. There's a time and a place for comic relief, not to mention a style to it, so when it's just thrown in randomly, I lose interest very fast.

By the way, I never saw Pretear, but I remember when I used to go to my undergrad anime club a couple of years back, people were buzzing about it. Oh, nostalgia.

EDIT - Hah, I should've checked wiki on Eva before I spoke; now it has both demographics listed. I think if they remove the silliness in the next rebuild movie, the series will safely be seinen.

7,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
man!!!

this fans of this thing are still alive, let it die with dignity!!!
this anime is so old, and move on!!!

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Hoono
man!!!

this fans of this thing are still alive, let it die with dignity!!!
this anime is so old, and move on!!!

stare

Shin Seiki
It is possible that most of us have moved towards the 'older' versions of each demographic. I think it is seinen for males and josei for women. I do like both styles very much, actually, and it surprises me that wiki still classifies Eva as shonen when I think it has more seinen qualities.

I don't know much about these two classifications, but from what I do know I'd suspect you're right on all accounts here. A goodly amount of anime simply isn't for youngsters, boys or girls.
Shin Seiki

Wiki - Seinen

The wiki list of Josei manga is kind of depressing. 29 titles. Of those, I've watched the anime version of one (Gokusen), and I didn't even feel like it was particularly womanly targeted.

The giant list of Seinen contains a lot of stuff I've seen, but then, it is a giant list. It'd probably be hard not to have seen some of it. Most of it is stuff that I'd go, "yeah, that's targeted at guys," although I'd argue that some of it is pretty juvenile if the target audience is men.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff