Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PrinceBloodElf
Ashimakase
I'm not sure if it's even possible for them to conceive. Inuyasha is a half-demon and Kagome is 100% human, last I checked. If Kagome and Inuyasha were to mate under a new moon (or was it full moon?) the moment he turns human, it could be possible. But then one would argue if the child would be born human or 1/4 demon?

Annnnd I'm digging way too deep in this....

Don't worry, it's absolutely possible.
I mean, they're human and half-human, and that's closer together than full demon and human, like Inuyasha's mom. She was 100% human.
I think it would be 1/4 demon and 3/4 demon. Can't lose that demon blood! At least it'll have dog ears. :3
But no, there's no kid in the anime, to answer the thread question.
except that if you know enough about genetics you'd know that hybrids are often either infertile or near infertile. mules are infertile, and while ligers and tygons (lion/tiger hybrids) sometimes have offspring of their own it's INCREDIBLY rare. quite frankly, with hybrid species they're more likely to be fertile if the species they're a hybrid of are very close genetically (like a coydog or coywolf; those are fertile hybrids because the coyote, canis latrans, is very close genetically to the wolf/domestic dog, canis lupus/canis lupus familiaris), so it's rather likely that a human/demon hybrid would be sterile if RL genetics falls into play.

Pure-hearted Dark Elf

Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Ashimakase
I'm not sure if it's even possible for them to conceive. Inuyasha is a half-demon and Kagome is 100% human, last I checked. If Kagome and Inuyasha were to mate under a new moon (or was it full moon?) the moment he turns human, it could be possible. But then one would argue if the child would be born human or 1/4 demon?

I mean, they're human and half-human, and that's closer together than full demon and human, like Inuyasha's mom. She was 100% human.
I think it would be 1/4 demon and 3/4 demon. Can't lose that demon blood! At least it'll have dog ears. :3
except that if you know enough about genetics you'd know that hybrids are often either infertile or near infertile. mules are infertile, and while ligers and tygons (lion/tiger hybrids) sometimes have offspring of their own it's INCREDIBLY rare. quite frankly, with hybrid species they're more likely to be fertile if the species they're a hybrid of are very close genetically (like a coydog or coywolf; those are fertile hybrids because the coyote, canis latrans, is very close genetically to the wolf/domestic dog, canis lupus/canis lupus familiaris), so it's rather likely that a human/demon hybrid would be sterile if RL genetics falls into play.

Hmm, do you mean with that a human and a halfdemon can make child(ren) too?

Pure-hearted Dark Elf

Ashimakase
Xanvie
You know it wrong. It's Newmoon, not Fullmoon. The Fullmoon is a wrong translation in the 2nd movie (in my language it's a bad translation too) and the movies are not part of the story, because of many mistakes and more not good things. It's little difficult to explain and now here it's not very interesting.

I wasn't sure since it's been years since I watched the series. So thank you for correcting me, however...

Xanvie
InuYasha and Kagome can mate anytime, not only at Newmoon. Not just because InuYasha is halfdemon and halfhuman. I mean if he is fully demon, they could be too. Think about InuYasha's parents, Jinenji's (he is halfdemon too) parents and Shiori's (she is halfdemon too) parents: their mother was human and their father was fully demon. So the humans, demons and halfdemons too can mate. Of course if a fully demon the mother and a human the father, it can be happen too. You know, different demon kinds exist. Just the demons (like monsters and other similar demons) and the demons who are more human, similar to humans (DNA too), i mean very similar kinds. These kinds can mate with humans too, like Sesshomaru, his and InuYasha's father, Jinenji's father and Shiori's father. Now i hope you understand and think about these.

Correction, they can have sex any time they want, but will they be able to have babies? You seem to forget that humans and demons are two different species altogether. Just because they appear human with human-like body parts, does not mean they can necessarily copulate.

Inuyasha, Jinenji, and Shiori are all half demons. If you read what I wrote carefully, I was talking about half-demons mating with humans. Seriously, go look up a mule on Wikipedia. If you don't know what that is, it's a half-horse, half-donkey equine that is, for the most part, infertile. That means they can try to have babies but in most likely hood, they won't.
Xanvie
Sorry, but as i see you don't really know about the story's events, you don't really think about the things deeply and carefully, or you didn't see all seasons (yet).

So you suspect that because of this one theory I made, that I have not seen the series? Why the hell would I even make such a comment in the first place? I watched this series when it first aired in Canada, and can't tell you how many times I got sick of Naraku escaping when the going gets rough. I own all 4 DVD movies (yes, wasted my money on that one but I was in total fandom mode).
Xanvie
So InuYasha and Kagome could have own child(ren) later in their future, as i wrote it here earlier. The end what we see after their marriage 1-2 days later, so of course we can't see their child(ren). Just because the end doesn't show they have child(ren), it doesn't mean they couldn't have later. Their child(ren) can be human and/or halfdemon (too). At a pair's members are human and fully demon can be halfdemon (usually born halfdemon), demon and human too. So more variations.

Which is all speculation and not proven. Anything that shows up after the end of the manga and anime, in the form or art or stories, is just fanart and fanfiction derived to draw some sort of (their) conclusion to the series. I'd have to see an official statement from Rumiko Takahashi that states whether Inuyasha and Kagome can or have had kids.

Yes, i know you talked mainly about human and halfdemon mate. I just told you real examples if they can mate, then the half breeds can too. Maybe not every half breed like the donkeys' and the horses' hybrid animal. I didn't mean just the look like, i meant for the very similar DNA (genetic) too. So if their genetic is very similar, or same in few, or more things, they can have child(ren). It's not impossible (i informed after the things), mainly because the demons and humans can mate to make child(ren) too. I don't really care the fanfictions and fan mangas in these they make child(ren), or not, but they can, because it's not true to all kind of half breeds and because what i wrote in my previous sentences. Just because the anime's end and the manga's end doesn't show they have child(ren), it doesn't mean they couldn't have later. The anime and manga ending is after 1-2 days after their marriage, so it's naturally they haven't child(ren) yet.

Space Seraph

14,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Ashimakase

I see your point. But then again, what genetics are in demon blood? We'll never know. Inuyasha's demon side could be part human, and part dog, and part who-knows-what.
But, not to offend, this is anime and let the fangirls dream on xDDDDDD

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Xanvie
Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Ashimakase

Hmm, do you mean with that a human and a halfdemon can make child(ren) too?
I'm saying a half demon is probably either sterile like a mule or nearly sterile; that is, they either can't produce offspring or are less likely to produce offspring.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PrinceBloodElf
Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Ashimakase

I see your point. But then again, what genetics are in demon blood? We'll never know. Inuyasha's demon side could be part human, and part dog, and part who-knows-what.
I'd assume demons had demon genes, which would then be further categorized into what subtype of demon they were. but then I'm thinking in logical real life genetics thinking here. there's obviously some leeway since in reality a human can't even produce viable offspring with their closest known living genetic relatives (yes, many years back someone actually DID try to create a human/chimp hybrid, back when "for science!" was an excuse that would justify far, FAR more than it can today) so realistically speaking a human/demon hybrid would be unlikely from the beginning.

Space Seraph

14,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Ashimakase

I'd assume demons had demon genes, which would then be further categorized into what subtype of demon they were. but then I'm thinking in logical real life genetics thinking here. there's obviously some leeway since in reality a human can't even produce viable offspring with their closest known living genetic relatives (yes, many years back someone actually DID try to create a human/chimp hybrid, back when "for science!" was an excuse that would justify far, FAR more than it can today) so realistically speaking a human/demon hybrid would be unlikely from the beginning.

WOAH.
I respects you xD

Pure-hearted Dark Elf

Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Ashimakase

We don't know the halfdemons are sterile, or not. If they make love, after we will know it few weeks later. If Kagome get pregnant, then InuYasha isn't sterile. The human with monkey pairing is a bit different. From the begining the demons (of course i mean the demons, who can be in human form, have human feelings and similar, or same genetics like the humans) and humans can make child(ren). So the halfdemons have chance 50% yes and 50% no they can make child(ren), or not. We couldn't know it sure. But the humans and monkeys can't make child(ren) from the begining, that's the difference (too).

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Xanvie
Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Ashimakase

We don't know the halfdemons are sterile, or not. If they make love, after we will know it few weeks later. If Kagome get pregnant, then InuYasha isn't sterile. The human with monkey pairing is a bit different. From the begining the demons (of course i mean the demons, who can be in human form, have human feelings and similar, or same genetics like the humans) and humans can make child(ren). So the halfdemons have chance 50% yes and 50% no they can make child(ren), or not. We couldn't know it sure. But the humans and monkeys can't make child(ren) from the begining, that's the difference (too).
chimps are apes, not monkeys, there is a difference between a monkey and an ape.

and in fact genetically we're closer to chimps than a donkey is to a horse and those can produce offspring together. furthermore, the difference in the number of chromosomes in human and chimp DNA is different only by two chromosomes, just like with donkeys and horses. looking at it on a genetic level it should actually be more likely for a human and chimp to have a viable offspring (and one that should be more likely to be able produce offspring of its own) than a donkey and a horse. however, while genetically it looks like it should be possible it isn't, even if donkeys and horses can produce offspring, even if they are sterile like many types of hybrids are. sterility, full or partial, in hybrids is pretty much to be expected on a genetic standpoint. the nature of speciation, of one group making itself distinct from another species, is to distinguish that group physically and genetically from others to the point where breeding with other species is rarely or ever done and rarely if ever produces offspring if it does happen. that's why most often hybrids are sterile, altho there are cases of non-sterile hybrids as I have mentioned before. those non-sterile ones make up only a small percentage of true hybrids tho (for example, altho a wolfdog is called a hybrid it's technically not, as dogs are actually a domesticated subspecies of wolf which is why they can easily produce offspring of their own with wolves, dogs, and other wolfdogs; whereas a wolf and coyote are two different species but genetically still rather close and can produce a true fertile hybrid and in fact the red wolf turned out not to be a true wolf at all but a species that was a stable hybrid of wolf and coyote).

and it's pretty clear that there ARE some significant genetic differences between humans and demons in the InuYasha universe. all the half demons we see show traits atypical of the human side of their parentage that reflect the nature of the demon side of their parentage. some of these traits are rather significant and they're passed on no matter what form their demon parent is in when doing the deed with their human one. this does indicate there is probably enough difference between a human and demon that any offspring would probably be infertile, if real life genetics work in that setting anyway.

Pure-hearted Dark Elf

Mugetsu Ookamiza
Xanvie
Mugetsu Ookamiza
PrinceBloodElf
Mugetsu Ookamiza

chimps are apes, not monkeys, there is a difference between a monkey and an ape.

and in fact genetically we're closer to chimps than a donkey is to a horse and those can produce offspring together. furthermore, the difference in the number of chromosomes in human and chimp DNA is different only by two chromosomes, just like with donkeys and horses. looking at it on a genetic level it should actually be more likely for a human and chimp to have a viable offspring (and one that should be more likely to be able produce offspring of its own) than a donkey and a horse. however, while genetically it looks like it should be possible it isn't, even if donkeys and horses can produce offspring, even if they are sterile like many types of hybrids are. sterility, full or partial, in hybrids is pretty much to be expected on a genetic standpoint. the nature of speciation, of one group making itself distinct from another species, is to distinguish that group physically and genetically from others to the point where breeding with other species is rarely or ever done and rarely if ever produces offspring if it does happen. that's why most often hybrids are sterile, altho there are cases of non-sterile hybrids as I have mentioned before. those non-sterile ones make up only a small percentage of true hybrids tho (for example, altho a wolfdog is called a hybrid it's technically not, as dogs are actually a domesticated subspecies of wolf which is why they can easily produce offspring of their own with wolves, dogs, and other wolfdogs; whereas a wolf and coyote are two different species but genetically still rather close and can produce a true fertile hybrid and in fact the red wolf turned out not to be a true wolf at all but a species that was a stable hybrid of wolf and coyote).

and it's pretty clear that there ARE some significant genetic differences between humans and demons in the InuYasha universe. all the half demons we see show traits atypical of the human side of their parentage that reflect the nature of the demon side of their parentage. some of these traits are rather significant and they're passed on no matter what form their demon parent is in when doing the deed with their human one. this does indicate there is probably enough difference between a human and demon that any offspring would probably be infertile, if real life genetics work in that setting anyway.

As i told you, we couldn't know for sure, i wrote everything about it and i don't want arguement! I finished it!

9,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Guildmember 100
No kids heart

Lonely Gawker

Ashimakase

Should be possible, considering it was possible for a demon (Inu's father) & human (his mother) to conceive a 1/2. I imagine the 1/2-demon would become a subspecies in itself and would strive for survival genetically, therefore I have my doubts that he would be sterile. (It seems nobody ever is, in anime. Or in anything. In fact, I've never heard a good story involving sterile characters.)

Lunatic

11,525 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
Bunnihilation
Someone told me they did, but I watched all 167 a few years ago, and I don't know if they maybe had one in the manga ?

Sorry sweetie no kids T^T

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Love it when people quote me without reading the rest of the topic. GG.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff